Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
yasrebiami

which hand?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

i heard this afew days ago...and i was wondering if someone could back it up or deny it.

so one o fmy sunni bros saw me grab my dirnk and use my left hand to drink from it. he then told me, that i should use my right hand becaseu it was better...

the he said some qoute from profit mohammad( (pbuh) ) can anyone back that idea (of you should use your right hand to do things) up?

ALi

Guest THE GUARDIAN OF FAITH

I believe it is because when you are sitting on the toilet and you use your left hand to clean your privates. Therefore it's nagis to eat with your left hand.

My brother is left handed, and once you get used to it, it becomes easier.

I have no hadith to prove this, but generally speaking, that's how it is.

Assalamalaikum,

Just dont' eat with the same hand you wipe with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It doesn't matter sis, we are required to wipe with our left hand. You can't just wipe with your right hand, and simply eat with your left hand. Wether you are left, right or both-handed; you must wipe with your left hand and eat with your right hand.

Ws, Sah

Edited by THE GUARDIAN OF FAITH

(bismillah)

(salam)

Everyone move to Saudi Arabia, you don't need to wipe any thing :angel:.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, they do wipe, but they just use their bare hands. No water or even toliet paper.

It doesn't matter sis, we are required to wipe with our left hand. You can't just wipe with your right hand, and simply eat with your left hand. Wether you are left, right or both-handed; you must wipe with your left hand and eat with your right hand.

Ws, Sah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Assalamalaikum,

REference please.

Assalamalaikum,

REference please.

Our Nabi (pbuh) has taught that by eating with the right hand, then Shaytaan has no chance to join you in eating the food. The Hadith is as follows by Abu Hurairah ®.

"Every person should eat with his right hand and hold his food with his right hand, because Shaytaan eats with his left hand, drinks with his left hand and holds his food with his left hand."

Ws, Sah

Edited by THE GUARDIAN OF FAITH

Our Nabi (pbuh) has taught that by eating with the right hand, then Shaytaan has no chance to join you in eating the food. The Hadith is as follows by Abu Hurairah ®.

"Every person should eat with his right hand and hold his food with his right hand, because Shaytaan eats with his left hand, drinks with his left hand and holds his food with his left hand."

Ws, Sah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Salam,

Now I'm convinced :unsure:

Salam

(salam)

If there's a fatwa, there must be reliable a7adeeth too.

From Sayyed Sistani (HA)'s Islamic Laws. It is makrooh:

2648. It is unworthy to drink too much water; to drink water after eating fatty food; and to drink water while standing during the night. It is also unworthy to drink water with one's left hand; to drink water from the side of a container which is cracked or chipped off, or from the side of its handle.

http://sistani.org/html/eng/menu/3/inside/265.htm

Wa'Salam