Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Liverpool FC thread

• Advanced Member
a good penalty is one that goes in, and a penalty that goes in is like shooting a fish in a barrel.

Out of 4 penalties, liverpool had ALL in the back of the net, which means 4 GOOD penalties..whereas chelsea, missed 2 of 3.. n seriously, the one lampard scored, that was ALMOST saved by reina :)

Penalty takers of liverpool were awesome and their penalty saver- REINA - was amazing!!!

The fact is very simple.. Liverpool CRUSHED chelsea OUT!

Uptil last week, chelsea were dreaming of quadriple this season.. but premiere league hopes are gone, and UEFA is obviously hopes were battered! I think FA cup will go with United, so chelsea has to settle with the kids carling cup innit!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys need to pray for our injured 10. Same thing that happened with Wenger last season is happening to Rafa this season! Basically we dont even have proper 2nd choice and we're forced to play our

^And yanks need to go too - those freaks are ruining the team and blaming it on rafa and his expenses. Alonso, Carson, Sissoko, Crouch, Hobbs, Gonzales, Nunez, Baros, Bellamy, Arbeloa & Leto - ALL

Posted Images

Out of 4 penalties, liverpool had ALL in the back of the net, which means 4 GOOD penalties..whereas chelsea, missed 2 of 3.. n seriously, the one lampard scored, that was ALMOST saved by reina :)

Penalty takers of liverpool were awesome and their penalty saver- REINA - was amazing!!!

The fact is very simple.. Liverpool CRUSHED chelsea OUT!

Uptil last week, chelsea were dreaming of quadriple this season.. but premiere league hopes are gone, and UEFA is obviously hopes were battered! I think FA cup will go with United, so chelsea has to settle with the kids carling cup innit!

Whatever man, Liverpool won on penalties. Italy also won on penalties in WC 06, does that make them a better side than France? No, it just means they won at penalties. If Shevchenko, Drogba, Lampard, Joe Cole and Kalou all took the penalties we might not even be having this discussion. Ah well, I'll support the working man's club and others can support the kids club.

• Advanced Member
Whatever man, Liverpool won on penalties. Italy also won on penalties in WC 06, does that make them a better side than France? No, it just means they won at penalties. If Shevchenko, Drogba, Lampard, Joe Cole and Kalou all took the penalties we might not even be having this discussion. Ah well, I'll support the working man's club and others can support the kids club.

lol dont compare Italy and France to Liverpool and Chelsea. Italy never bought its players from Russian investment enterprises and France doesnt hire ego tripped wild french fries for the cash for player program. Strangelove infallibility remains only with Imams and Prophets, not Chelsea football players. Just admit it, they played SCHYTE. First half they didnt have a leg to stand on and 73% ball possession is a statement in itself. Second half Chelsea seemed only progressive in a few counter attacks but the build up was never consistent like Liverpool.

Stop complaining about penalties anyhow, Kuyt scored the winning Goal which was disallowed. Seriously have we gotto teach u the offside rule now...."Only if your behind the defenders".

Chelsea were raped not robbed.

• Advanced Member

the way you guys ranting and raving , as if you HAVE won the quadruple, atleast we were fighting for the quadruple, treble still on the cards for us, we still outplayed you in 3 other competitions, so relax you won nothing yet.....you just barely managed to squeeze by once again, Both teams played well enough on their turf.... Chelsea raped & crushed?! calm down, calm down, :lol: , ya u dominated the first half, but chelsea had liverpool pinned back for the rest of the game, and for the majority of extra time....liverpool 31 fouls, chelsea 21, funny when robben came on, he was getting whacked, and chopped down, by zenden and mascharano & co... :lol: ....i can understand your excitement , but you overplayin it, it was fairly equal over the two legs....

• Advanced Member

i wanted united in final, wouldna been soo exciting.

i hope the final is as good as '05, im still not over that match, was awesome beyond words!!!!!

thanx for the link Sadiq, iv watched it twice already :D

now i need to figure out my revision plans, got exams that week :( :( :( ahh who caresss, this comes first!!!

mubarik to allllll on our win lol!

• Advanced Member

stop mooooaaaniinngg its over n done with now we have the final (de ja vu..possibly) of 2005 wen liverpppooooo won

AC MILAN (forzaaaaaaaaaaaamilano forzzaaa italia) vs Liverpoo (ur never poo alone!) :lol: :!!!: :!!!:

• Advanced Member
the way you guys ranting and raving , as if you HAVE won the quadruple, atleast we were fighting for the quadruple, treble still on the cards for us, we still outplayed you in 3 other competitions, so relax you won nothing yet.....you just barely managed to squeeze by once again, Both teams played well enough on their turf.... Chelsea raped & crushed?! calm down, calm down, :lol: , ya u dominated the first half, but chelsea had liverpool pinned back for the rest of the game, and for the majority of extra time....liverpool 31 fouls, chelsea 21, funny when robben came on, he was getting whacked, and chopped down, by zenden and mascharano & co... :lol: ....i can understand your excitement , but you overplayin it, it was fairly equal over the two legs....

The Beautiful thing about Liverpools game is even if we lose, Liverpool fans dont drum out their sentiments towards the opposition, rather they take it on the chin and continue campaigning with joy. Thats the difference we make!

Chelsea is like a little kid, abromovich passed on a lollypop to all the children and now they're all excited beyond the testimony of reality. I admit CHELSEA were good in the first leg. But open your eyes you blind shmuck, judge the game as a sincere sporting fan and admit Liverpool were far greater on the field both in strategy and fair play. I say Fair play cos we all know what stunts chelsea ACTORS pulled on the pitch, for eg. DROGBA big ole bore kept on trippin on purpose just like Gattuso of Ac Milan yesterday! SHAME ON YOU!

P.S. YOU CAN LAUGH AND RUN IN EMOTES ALL U LIKE, WE KNOW YOUR HURTIN!

• Advanced Member
^ miss on?? LOOL, we didnt miss on, we just decided to fry the biggest fish ;)

yep just as mourinho said.. you only got to concentrate on one thing......and even that you probably wont win then who will have the last laugh? chelsea with a cup or two or liverpool with 0

• Advanced Member

^ mourinho is a muppet.. forget what he says..

If we lose, we will admit it and continue singing n walking together. We will not be moaning like chelsea 'oo, we have too many games n competitions thts why we lost' :lol: thats one lousy pathetic excuse for a big club like that... I think next season, just participate in one tournament at a time, if u cant take the load..oh and what was the other excuse? 'we had too many yellow cards'.. LOOL, like seriously, how thick can your brain get?? Everyones yellow cards were wiped after the table stage.. everyone started fresh in knockout stage so WHO IN THE WORLD told u to get more yellow cards?? its not like benitez or gerrard was the ref n gave u fake yellow cards..

• Advanced Member

Alright folks, its time to sail back to 2005 and re-cherish the GREATEST victory in the HISTORY of EUFA champions league.. Also one of THE BEST football nights in the HISTORY of football..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmUQeBTxlNo

And Dr. strangelove, u MUST see this link. It shows how "shevchenko" (the guy u claim should have taken a spot kick) give up the Champions league trophy..by the way, that was only dudek.. this time, its R-E-I-N-A.

Enjoy.. and yah, its music in the background, so u might wana check on your volume.

• Advanced Member

I knew Liverpool would win if it came to penalties because Reina is good in saving penalties but i still dont think Liverpool should have won especially since they played dismally in the first leg.

• Advanced Member
I knew Liverpool would win if it came to penalties because Reina is good in saving penalties but i still dont think Liverpool should have won especially since they played dismally in the first leg.

First leg was pathetic, not only for liverpool but also for chelsea.. Both the teams hadnt settled with the ball properly, for some reason.. However, 2nd leg was totally different.. the ball settled, and players performed. Liverpool dominated throughout the game and deserved to win.

• Advanced Member
If AC Milan play as well as they did against Man Utd, Liverpool are losing big time.

Especially since Liverpool performance hasnt been too good lately.

Allow me to expand your memory. These were the EXACT SAME words said by not just one but MOST people 2 years ago when liverpool was set to meet Ac Milan in Istanbul. During half time when we were 3 down, people called me saying "you're gona be atleast 6 down by the end of the match n this would be the most pathetic finals in the history"

BUT, it turned out to be the BEST finals in the history..

• Advanced Member
If AC Milan play as well as they did against Man Utd, Liverpool are losing big time.

Especially since Liverpool performance hasnt been too good lately.

LOL what are you smoking. Ac Milan played well n were clinical but united were without a defense to be fair to them no ferdi n neville who are class! Where were you on feb 21, i suppose rollin a spliffy when we completely destroyed barca attacking threat. Next you'll be saying barca attacking threat is a joke n AC Milan is better. Even speak 2 barca fans n read what they have 2 say, they admit they were completly out done.

As for AC we managed two beat them two years ago when they had a better and younger team, our main squad has changed so much that only 5 of our squad then will be playing, which i will recall for you King G, Carra, risse, Alonso n Zenden. We are a compact team, we wont give kaka space like united did, carrick is no monster masch or sissoko. If carra n agger can stop saviola wid support from ronaldinho messi n deco who play all out attack im sure dey will be fine with one man upfront of inzaghi or gilardinho n kaka playing just behind. Im not saying this is going to be an easy match as there defense is good but i have complete comfidence crouchie will be a handful for nesta giving kuyt or bellersz space 2 exploit n tear apart kaladze who heavily relies on nesta.

As for Liverpool performance not being gud where were you on tuesday when we dominated the whole game n i repeat the whole game. Kuyt hit the crossbar and scored a legal goal which was ruled offside, crouchies marvelllous header which had cechy scramblin wid a wedgie, the only lousy chance they had was the droga shot which was directed straight at reina. All you really saw chelsea doing was hoofing the ball 2 drogba which showed our dominance in the middle of the park.

LOL @ Lamps n Terry - you can gt your free golden watches brought for you by Roman, but he cant buy you free tickets to athens!! Thats only reserved for Greatz - We have the greatest record in the English League just a matter of time before we become the greatest ever in Europe.

Talk is cheap, History is expensive!!!

You'll Never walk alone

Italy never bought its players from Russian investment enterprises

I wonder who will go quiet when Liverpool get their big fat American investor next season and go on a spending spree. So what if Chelsea have money, as if Liverpool don't have any - it's one of the richest clubs in the world, richer than Inter and richer than Arsenal. Hardly making use of the homegrown talent that it tries to make out it's doing (Reina, Kuyt, Riise - need I say more?).

and France doesnt hire ego tripped wild french fries for the cash for player program.

I don't even know what that sentence means.

Strangelove infallibility remains only with Imams and Prophets, not Chelsea football players.

I am well aware of this, and this is why I have criticised the efforts of Drogba and others during the match. However, Liverpool win one match on PENALTIES and all of a sudden Benitez is the second coming - it's utter [Edited Out].

Just admit it, they played SCHYTE. First half they didnt have a leg to stand on and 73% ball possession is a statement in itself. Second half Chelsea seemed only progressive in a few counter attacks but the build up was never consistent like Liverpool.

If we were so rubbish then why did it take you 120 minutes to beat us? And Agger's goal was a goal based on a mistake by the defence, it wasn't mesmerising or anything.

Stop complaining about penalties anyhow,

I not once complained about penalties, but the Scouse fans here are forgetting that they even took place - they're acting as if they beat Chelsea on goals.

Anywho, this match is old news - Chelsea will focus on the FA Cup, Liverpool will lose to the amazing Milan, end up with 0 cups this year and perhaps sign a few decent players next year.

He said: "I feel there is a noticeable difference in talent between Manchester United and Liverpool.

"Liverpool are like an Italian team of 10 years ago. Every ball a long ball."

He added: "All they try to do is defend with everybody behind the ball and one striker.

- Gattuso

• Advanced Member
Reina sure did when his Porsche got robbed..

Liverpool's penalty hero burgled

Serves him right for living in a scumhole like Scouseland.

Serves him right? LOL, You just proved you lack sportsman spirit :lol: And it doesnt surprise me at all.. If mourinho himself doesnt know real sports, then how would the rest of blues know how to respect the game and have its spirit.. I seriously cant blv i was arguing with someone who doesnt know even 'F' of football.. :sick:

Anyway, folks about 23 months ago, we met Ac milan in Istanbul, people were against us, and we won AMAZINGLY.. about 2 months ago, we met barcelona at camp nou, again people were against us, and we won.. and now again, when we're set to meet Ac milan in Athens, people are against us.. Its nothing but JEALOUSY at its peak :D So that really shows that WE DO have something that people are jealous of :!!!:

I hope this is the lineup

..................Reina.........................

............Agger........Carragher........

Finnan..................................Risse

..........Gerrard......Mascherano.......

Pennant..............................Zenden

............Kuyt..........Crouch.............

Sub:

Alonso, Gonzalez, Hyppia, Arbeloa, Bellamy, Fowler, Padelli (or dudek)

What do u guys think?

Edited by Sadiq
  • Advanced Member

I detest Liverpool the football club and Liverpool the city. The boys wear fred perry and the girls giant fake gold hooped earrings and sing feeeeeerry across the meeeerseey! If man Utd can't win the champions league then neither can Liverpool.

:shaytan: :shaytan: :shaytan:

• Advanced Member
L'pool....you guys suck!!

Like Mourinhio said...in yr 2007 chelsea played 27 games.....l'pool 3/4

victory over penalties....c'mon.... :angry:

Wait till AC milan thrashes you in Athens

I am just for Chelsea :angel: :blush:

Liverpool has played 24 games in the yr 2007, and not 3 or 4.

victory over penalties? You're so right, This game was NOT supposed to reach penalties coz liverpool had won it when kuyt scored a goal in the second half and was disallowed.

Ac milan can thrash us, its okay. We will keep on moving.. we wont blame it on yellow cards, or number of games we played. Our (and as well as chelsea's) goal in the UEFA CL semi finals was to WIN the road to Athens and not the cup. AND WE'VE WON IT! We are going to Athens. Now our goal is to win the cup, but that doesnt concern chelsea at all. Maybe it will give them a little happiness coz they wre kicked out by liverpool by 5 goals, but still it doesnt change the fact that they were thrushed.

And for your records, we battled 5 times this season. 2 games at stamford bridge, 2 at Anfield and 1 at the millenium stadium.

Stamford bridge (premiere league): chelsea won 1-0

Stamford bridge (UEFA CL): chelsea won 1-0

Anfield (Premiere League): liverpool won 2-0

Anfield (EUFA CL): liverpool won 5-1 (we would be more than happy to settle with 2-0 shud kuyts goal was allowed)

Millenium stadium (Charity shield): liverpool won 2-1

By the way, charity shield was played on 13th August 2006, and premiere league started on 19th. World cup ended in July and all players were well rested and trained for a month before charity shield kicked off. The stadium was neutral and fans were equal. Both teams were full squad. And guess who WON IT?? THE REDS (within 90 minutes, not even penalties) :)

• Advanced Member

Liverpool has already lost twice in a row .. (fulham *cough*)

If they dont win the cup they could be playing for the UEFA cup next year if Arsenal win tomorrow inshAllah.

I dont like the way Liverpool or Chelsea play. Their football is not entertaining .. i almost fell asleep when they were playing.

• Advanced Member
Anfield (EUFA CL): liverpool won 5-1 (we would be more than happy to settle with 2-0 shud kuyts goal was allowed)

i know liverpool have a [Edited Out]py scoring record, but do u get desperate and start counting penalties as goals, in the overall legs ? it doesnt count as part of the FINAL SCORE, just to let you know, thats pretty basic stuff. silly scouser. :lol:

Agg. chelsea-liverpool. 1-1*

liverpool got the better of us this season, but the previous year we swept them pretty good, including 4-1 thrashing at anfield. we'll remind them next season. :shaytan:

• Advanced Member
Liverpool has already lost twice in a row .. (fulham *cough*)

If they dont win the cup they could be playing for the UEFA cup next year if Arsenal win tomorrow inshAllah.

I dont like the way Liverpool or Chelsea play. Their football is not entertaining .. i almost fell asleep when they were playing.

What?!! what are u talking about? :blink:

Edited by Sadiq
  • Advanced Member

funny this forum was almost dead until Liverpool struck a nerve with Chelsea and became a great prospect in winning the CL again. All these complainers are envious of liverpools style of European football. Infact its hitting headlines in the Herald in France as well as Murk in Germany. Even to win one cup, esp Champions League, its a Huge achievement. So these muppets on here trying to shake it down are only exposing their lack of sportsmanship and nothing more.

• Advanced Member
i know liverpool have a [Edited Out]py scoring record, but do u get desperate and start counting penalties as goals, in the overall legs ? it doesnt count as part of the FINAL SCORE, just to let you know, thats pretty basic stuff. silly scouser. :lol:

Agg. chelsea-liverpool. 1-1*

:lol:

What?!! what are u talking about?

If Bolton manage to come out fourth and Liverpool doesnt win the Champions league then you wont be playing for it next year innit?

funny this forum was almost dead until Liverpool struck a nerve with Chelsea and became a great prospect in winning the CL again. All these complainers are envious of liverpools style of European football. Infact its hitting headlines in the Herald in France as well as Murk in Germany. Even to win one cup, esp Champions League, its a Huge achievement. So these muppets on here trying to shake it down are only exposing their lack of sportsmanship and nothing more.

Only because penalties doesnt really determine who is the better player .. penalties are mostly luck.

Like i said before Liverpools football is boring.

yeah ignore the 1 - 0 defeat to fulham lol

• Advanced Member

If Bolton manage to come out fourth and Liverpool doesnt win the Champions league then you wont be playing for it next year innit?

Only because penalties doesnt really determine who is the better player .. penalties are mostly luck.

Like i said before Liverpools football is boring.

Lol, sumayya, liverpool has already qualified for next season UEFA CL ages ago, even if they lose all the games now. (That is why they didnt stress on portsmouth and fulham much, notice rafa made 9 changes to the team that played against chelsea for fulham fulham).

check out the table

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/season/tables/

Maximum games each team plays is 38. Everton and Bolton have played 37 and they are 10 and 12 points behind liverpool, respectively. How are they gona make it in 1 game? :blink:

And regarding "luck" with penalties, you dont follow history do you? I'll narrow it down for you. Liverpool has won 10 out of their 11 penalty shootouts, which is an amazing record. Luck is once or twice, not 90% of the time :)

• Advanced Member

Regarding fulham game,

Liverpool had 5/6 good chances in the game, but they didnt make anything out of it. This has been liverpool's major defect. On the other hand, fulham had only 2 chances, of which they scored 1. Fair enough..

Watch highlights of fulham vs liverpool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXUYUeXLCnE

p.s. when we lose, we dont brag and blame it on number of games we played or yellow cards :!!!:

I'm still happy we lost, players got to rest. I just dont udnerstand why Rafa made Reina and Alonso play :mad:

These two were supposed to be rested.. It doesnt matter whether we lose premiere league or not, we're through alredy!

• Advanced Member

LOL lulua - getting excited over fulham results, i got to give them credit they did something this week which a 250 million pound assembled team couldnt do. This is a part of Dr.Rafas masterplan too make sure we qualify (so no qualifiers are played) by winning the EC.

listen kido your only fighting on one front now n dats da fa cup, as for chelsea dey can boost about being second but as mourinho said no1 remembers the losers. Applauds must go 2 chelsea this season cup double is good for a team like them.

Chelsea are a joke with no history - luv it if we get em next year - always guarenteed of getting through.

Arsenal play good footy but what do you have to show for it, as Martin keown said no point playin flare footy if we aint going to challenge for major trophies.

Sumayya you call us boring - Thierry Henry said if he was going to any other club he would come 2 Liverpool as the fans are amazing and to play alongside KING G.

Arsenal Fans r legend singing 'LIVERPOOL' to the chelsea fans must have get Mourinho boiling inside.

Every1 read duas so Kewell, Pepe n Sissoko will be fit 2 play in EC final

if Kewell fit

.....................PEPE...................

FINNAN...CARRA....AGGER...RISSE

....................SISSOKO.................

PENNANT.......GERRARD......KEWELL

........CROUCH.........FOWLER..........

Crouchie is gud at heading balls down n occupying nesta all match. We need someone whos clinical upfront, who will take 90% of his chances when the opportunites arise for him n for me thats fowler, kuyt n bellerz are just too inconsistent upfront. Also Fowler knows this will be his last match in a Red shirt n so will give his all 2 show what a legend he is.

If kewell is unfit move gerrard on the left as zenden aint gud enuf n play alonso in the centre to thread through balls.

Sissoko is a detroyer aka Rotweiler who will make gattuso luk like a lost puppy, proven time and time again on the big stage hes the man, united fa-cup semi final, community shield n Barca.

Edited by MirpuriMusehrz786