Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[LAWS]Iddah(waiting period)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Asallamu Alaikum,

I have a question that needs to be answered pertaining to a women's iddah,specifically in a mutah. if a women and a man were to end their mutah and they break up wihin a week or two before her next period. when her period finally comes does she count that one towards her iddah? or is the following period counted as the start of her iddah?can someone please give me the proper formula for this, it will be very helpful. :) thanks

Edited by Crescent Moon
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah) (salam)

Sis Crescent Moon!

I think I was unable to understnad the question however it is easy :D but please go thrugh the ruling quoted below...may be it can help:

Its Ayatoullah Sayed Seestani(ra) ruling:

2520. * If a wife who has completed nine years of her age and is not in menopause, is divorced by her husband after sexual intercourse, it is necessary for her to observe the waiting period of divorce. The waiting period of a free woman is that after her husband divorces her during her Pak period, she should wait till she sees Haidh twice and becomes Pak. Thereafter, as soon as she sees Haidh for the third time, her waiting period will be over and she can marry again. If, however, a husband divorces his wife before having sexual intercourse with her, there is no waiting period for her and she can marry another man immediately after being divorced, except if she finds traces of her husband's semen in her private part, then she should observe Iddah.

http://www.al-islam.org/laws/divorce.html#2519

Or check this may be it can help........I really dont understand things sometimes

:( My Luck.

Wassalam.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

The idda is 2 cycles of menstruation or 45 days after the

expiry of the term , whichever comes first..

The Iddah applies only if her previous husband has had sexual intercourse with her. It's up to her to warn you. = According to sheikh Mumtaz Ali (in ottawa)

Edited by Ibrahim
  • Advanced Member

The ruling is two menstrual periods or 45 days for mutah. So yes that menstrual period would be one.

السؤال:

ما هي مدة العدة للطلاق بالنسبة للمرأة اذا لم تكن حاملا ، واذا كانت حاملا ؟.. وهل يجوز لها الخروج فى حالات الضرورة ؟.. وما هي عدة طلاق زواج المتعة ؟.. وهل لها نفس الشروط ؟

الفتوى:

عدتها ثلاثة أطهار ، وتنتهي برؤية الدم الثالث ، وإذا كانت حاملاً فبوضع الولد ، ويجوز لها الخروج بإذن الرجل ، وفي حالات الضرورة والحرج ، وعدة المتمتع بها حيضتان على الاحوط ، ولا يجب عليها البقاء في البيت

Sistani:

A. The iddah for (permanent marriage) is 3 periods. It ends at the start of the 3rd period. If she is pregnant, (it ends) when she delivers.......

The iddah of mutah is, as a precaution, 2 menstrual periods.....

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

furthermore to above answers ,no need for woman who had mutah with a man to wait if they want to renew their mutah contract(with same man),but she must count 2 menses before doing mutah with another man

more clarification abt waiting 45 days is for those women who r in age of menstraution (9-45) but for any reason they don`t mense so she can`t count 2 menses so wait 45 days.

for those older who doesn`t mense(menopause female) no iddah among them

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

What if they have done muta3 and then wants to do nikah?

Is there any waiting periode then?

Ma'Salaam ..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah)

(salam)

no waiting period as long as the man is same ,but it is worth mentioning here that she can`t renew mutah contract or doing nikah contract before the priod of first contract has been finshed ,so after finishing the first contract then u can renew 2nd contract weather mutah or perminant nikah,however if they can`t wait till the first contract`s finish in this case the husband can give her freedom from time remaining of first contract(hebbah) then do nikah contract or renew mutah

i hope it make sense

• 11 years later...
  • Basic Members

Salam,

I have a similar question: I ended my engagement (as in temporary marriage but we wanted to get married permanently...it didn't happen) a bit more than 2 months ago. We had intercourse on the 22nd of May and on the 23rd I got my period, on the 24th we ended it (few days earlier we had agreed we would end it on that date ). Does that count as my first period? I'm currently in my third period since then. Is my iddah over or this is just the second?

Thank you so much.

:)