Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SNaqvi1214

New Yorker Muslims...

Sis Zuljenah...lol kinda confused...i got into Suny Stony brook..Binghamton and Hofstra...but im still thinking where i shud go ! :squeez: *confused*

STONY BROOK, STONY BROOK, STONY BROOK!!!!

(but i would recommend going to binghamton!! ) :D

Sis Zuljenah...lol kinda confused...i got into Suny Stony brook..Binghamton and Hofstra...but im still thinking where i shud go ! :squeez:  *confused*

No way... binghamton... is a ghost town with cows.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Sis Zuljenah...lol kinda confused...i got into Suny Stony brook..Binghamton and Hofstra...but im still thinking where i shud go ! :squeez:  *confused*

No way... binghamton... is a ghost town with cows.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Sallam

Lol Exactly...

ohh columbia is hot hot...

Hi,

I'm italian, I live in Queens and I import marble from my Country.

Am I muslim ? Well, I approached the religion one year ago, in Italy, thank to a pakistani friend. He tried to teach me some arabic, which he belives is necessary, but I'm quite discouraged about my progress....

I like your e-comunity and I'll keep reading your forum !

P.S. I was an atheist (quite unusual for an Italian) but now I'm attracted by your religion, altough as a european sometimes I feel quite isolated.....

Bye

Mario

(salam)

I went to Al-Khoie mosque twice and realized it takes me 1 hr and almost 45 mins to get there from uptown Manhattan. I like the place, but since I don't know anybody I feel really left out. Plus, I come alone because I only know a few shias at my university and they go to Hussaini Madressa and Imam Ali center and go home for the weekends. Anyway, I would like to go to the mosque more often. Insha Allah I will come during Rajab since Ill be back in the city. (I'm home in Miami for the summer).

W'salaam.

(salam)

I am in New York as well. Just finished my first year at Columbia. If anyone needs help with college applications or just general college information, I will try my best.

... That's very nice of you. Too bad I already graduated and on to grad school. But you mind if I forward your msg to some college bound youths?

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

where is al razi school exactly? any website?

http://www.madressa.net/fx/main.html

mario, I'm pakistani, and although i'm trying to learn arabic right now, i really dont seem to see the reason to know arabic before you covert. as long as you know what you are saying when you pray in arabic, and pronounce it correctly. granted, some people say, and i agree, that the true beauty of the Quran lies in its arabic text, there are several translaters publishing Qurans worldwide (esp in the US.)

and you'd be surprised by the number of european descendents on this page. i probably dont count, but my great grandmother was italian!!! :)

Dear SNaqvi1214,

thanks for your kind and ecouraging words ! Actually thank to the growing number of italian muslims I could find in an italian bookstore a Quran translated in my language.

So you have an italian grandmother...what an interesting italian-pakistani mix ! Ever been in Italy ? If not, I strongly recomend it..... ;)

Mario

syedzadi: "can you speak italian?" well, kinda--yes and no. i took coarses in school, and can watch the RAI channel and understand them, so i cant speak it fluently, but could survive had i crash landed in italy. :rolleyes:

bro mario, if you're not fluent in english, there are serveral sites to translate the english text of the Quran into italian. or you could just look into it from a search engine... but make sure you dont read one with a lot of parenthasies--(). those often are translated into the way the translater interpretted it, and the stuff in the () are his own views, which can get annoying... :squeez:

sis pyarilarki, wow, one hour and 48 min... thats a really long time! it only takes us about an hour (only 18 mintues if my brother is driving, lol, he's a recless youth!) to get to khoie-- from eastern LI....

btw, cute nick! ^_^

SNaqvi :Hijabi:

Guest KingFahad
(salam)

any sisters at al husseini madressa tonight?

are you khoja??

(salam)

Khoja 4 Lyfe :!!!:

ha!!! nice to meet you!! well im another khoja fella! :Hijabi:

whats da big deal? :huh:

(salam)

So for those wondering why Al Khoei took me 2 hours to get by train....it was becuase I was taking the long way! :!!!: Today, I took another route, and it took me 50 mins! It seems Ill be going there frequently now! :D Im so happy!!!! I may not be needing someone to adopt me anymore!

wait... are u a bit old for being adopted? :huh:

suprising of all the new yorkers... and i only know a handful :unsure:

(salam)

LOL! I didnt mean that type of adoption. Just temporarily someone adopting me so I can go to the mosque more often since its really far from me and I dont like traveling alone on the trains!

(salam)

So for those wondering why Al Khoei took me 2 hours to get by train....it was becuase I was taking the long way! :!!!: Today, I took another route, and it took me 50 mins! It seems Ill be going there frequently now! :D Im so happy!!!! I may not be needing someone to adopt me anymore!

I thought you were exergerating about it taking you 2 hrs -- it REALLY took you 2 hrs?! Even 50 mins is a lot.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

(salam)

Yes it really took me two hours! Mainly because the trains wouldnt show up and then I had to walk across the PATH at time square and then I always ended up on the wrong train. But this time, I didnt take the PATH, and found an alternative route thats shorter. 50 mins is excellent timing! From uptown Manhattan to Jamaica! You cant beat that!