Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Questions to sunnia

Rate this topic

Guest iraqi_jewel

• Advanced Member

I wouldn't say it's ALL sunnis, perhaps not even a majority of non-shias, but I do know personally non-shias who think it's fine to eat meat from non-halal restaurants. Makes it hard to explain to people who don't know much about Muslims, why some of us don't eat meat from non-halal sources, when the Muslim next to us is eating a steak from the same restaurant we're not eating meat from.

Guest iraqi_jewel
I wouldn't say it's ALL sunnis, perhaps not even a majority of non-shias, but I do know personally non-shias who think it's fine to eat meat from non-halal restaurants. Makes it hard to explain to people who don't know much about Muslims, why some of us don't eat meat from non-halal sources, when the Muslim next to us is eating a steak from the same restaurant we're not eating meat from.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you but i mean WHYY is that and are you allowed to be sitting with them at the same table

• Advanced Member

abdel, the difference would be, from my experience, that the shias who do this admit they're doing wrong. The sunnis I know that do this say they're not. and shias that eat only zabiha halal meat DO NOT do this :angry: whereas the non-shias that do this (eat at non-halal restaurants, buy meat from the regular grocery store, etc.) seem to think this is on par with eating zabiha halal.

Edited by Aliya
  • Advanced Member

The brother is right. Our brother/sister Sunnis seem to make halal their meat by saying bismillah on the chicken/beef.

Also, another brother, who is sunni (convert) was tought that all meat in canada is halal because he's unsure wether the meet is halal or not. So that makes it halal.

He eats from anywhere including mc'd's....

Slim chance the meat will be halal from mc'ds. @)

• Advanced Member

Get a Life. Stop looking for reasons to diss sunni's. Stop judging others who are doing wrong. I know both shias and sunnis who say bismallah to make their haram meat halal. So don't go around chanting about your new crooked discovery. And seriously, if this forum has a section to discuss the differences between sunni's and shia's, don't use this as an excuse to promote whatever weird view you have of sunni's.

• Advanced Member

^ she meant non zabiha halal (she edited it and changed it to american meat). As in meat sold in regular grocery stores, restaurants, etc. that are NOT halal restaurants/grocery stores. the meat is not zabiha, not even certified kosher in many places.

Guest Muslim00
^ she meant non zabiha halal (she edited it and changed it to american meat). As in meat sold in regular grocery stores, restaurants, etc. that are NOT halal restaurants/grocery stores. the meat is not zabiha, not even  certified kosher in many places.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok ic...

• Advanced Member

asalamu alaykum

yeh to be honest same thing happens with my friends ,like once my friend was in aussie , he ate from macdonalds and was telling me how it tastes different , and that here its better , i told him offcourse its better its halal here , so hes like its also halal here !! why else would we be eating

so obviously to some sunnis its ok , other wise they wouldnt allow their children to be eating it wud they ?

• Advanced Member
Get a Life. Stop looking for reasons to diss sunni's. Stop judging others who are doing wrong. I know both shias and sunnis who say bismallah to make their haram meat halal. So don't go around chanting about your new crooked discovery. And seriously, if this forum has a section to discuss the differences between sunni's and shia's, don't use this as an excuse to promote whatever weird view you have of sunni's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I respect sunnis 100%, they're my brothers. I'm not makign things up, i tell you what i see. I'll bet some shias do say bismillah to make their meet halal like our brother sunnis do but it's still wrong. We don't make it an official rule.

I only posted my comments to criticise the bad to turn it in to good.

You need to relax bro. @)

(salam)

• Moderators
I respect sunnis 100%, they're my brothers. I'm not makign things up, i tell you what i see. I'll bet some shias do say bismillah to make their meet halal like our brother sunnis do but it's still wrong. We don't make it an official rule.

I only posted my comments to criticise the bad to turn it in to good.

You need to relax bro. @)

(salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

Your are very right, thats the spirit :)

Edited by Zufa
  • Advanced Member

I sitck by my comments in post #6, from my own experiences, the shias that eat non-zabiha meat usually admit they're doing wrong, but the non-shias don't say they're wrong, that it's allowed. That's based on my own experiences, and NOT meant in a vast general stereotyping way toward shias OR sunnis.

• Advanced Member

BEFORE YOU THINK OF MEATS AND ETC,,, I THINK U SHOULD THINK OF THE BIGGER HARAMS. FOR EXAMPLE MEATS AND FOOD COMES LAST AS Allah HAD SAID ONE DAY IF THERE IS NO FOOD IN THIS WORLD U HAVE 2 EAT WHAT U FIND, APART FROM PIG, BUT THEN AGAIN THERE ARE BIGGER HARAMS, SUCH AS LYING, NOT TELLING THE TRUTH, STEALING, LOOKING AT OTHERS WIFES OR HUSBANDS, TELLING SOMETHING WHICH UR EYES DIDNT SEE AND UR EARS DIDNT HEAR, THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY ARE FULLY MUSLIM, BUT IVE SEEN PERSONALLY POOR PEOPLE WHO HAS GONE TO THE MOSQUE TO SAY THEY WANTED 2 STAY THERE AS THEY WERE HOMELESS, AND IVE SEEN THE IMAMS OF THE MOSQUES CHUCKING THEM OUT AND SAYING GO AN BEG SOME WHERE ELSE, AND WHEN EVER U DO GO MOSQUE PEOPLE SAY U SHOULD GIVE ZAKAT, I AM SORRY BROTHERS BUT IF I WAS TO GIVE ZAKAT I WOULD RATHER GIVE IT TO THE REAL POOR THAT IS IN THE NEEDY, NOT A MAN WHO TRYS TO ACT A REAL MUSLIM WHEN HE IS A IMAM AND CHUCKING BEGGERS OUT.....

WHAT KIND OF HALAL NESS IS THIS,

• Advanced Member

I just got a few e-mails on this subject today. One side arguing that it's supposedly allowable and within sunnah and sharia, astaghfirullah, to eat non-zabiha meat. One argued things such as high cost, inconvenience, etc. as reasons that make it allowable to eat meat from the regular grocery stores in the west. The other side quoted the various ayats that show it is NOT allowed to eat non-zabiha meat.

As a person who was born and still resides in the west, in a place where I have to travel 5 hours to get halal meat, I think it's more mental "roadblocks" that people put up, to justify eating other than zabiha halal meat, in the west. I doubt most Muslims have to travel hours to find a halal solution. For instance, I know in the town I live the regular grocery stores carry a fairly large, and comparatively priced, vegetarian options, which are halal, and many are meat substitutes which are close to the 'real thing', while being halal!

I just got a few e-mails on this subject today. One side arguing that it's supposedly allowable and within sunnah and sharia, astaghfirullah, to eat non-zabiha meat. One argued things such as high cost, inconvenience, etc. as reasons that make it allowable to eat meat from the regular grocery stores in the west. The other side quoted the various ayats that show it is NOT allowed to eat non-zabiha meat.

As a person who was born and still resides in the west, in a place where I have to travel 5 hours to get halal meat, I think it's more mental "roadblocks" that people put up, to justify eating other than zabiha halal meat, in the west. I doubt most Muslims have to travel hours to find a halal solution. For instance, I know in the town I live the regular grocery stores carry a fairly large, and comparatively priced, vegetarian options, which are halal, and many are meat substitutes which are close to the 'real thing', while being halal!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the majority of people who eat any meat are from the middle east..dont understand why.

• Advanced Member

I don't get it either. though some of the people, in my experience, are american converts who just for one reason or another, don't want to give up the fast food and restaurants :( love of this world will be the downfall of many. I admit, personally, it wasn't the easiest thing, I grew up in a family that ate meat like every meal. when we lived in houston, I was able to continue eating meat at least once a day usually, the availability of halal meat shops and even halal restaurants is amazing (and has increased in the years since we've moved, I understand). to live now where that sort of thing is a struggle to come by... I appreciate it all the more. But I also know that insha'Allah the struggle to keep 100% halal food choices for myself and my family will be rewarded.

Edited by Aliya
Guest iraqi_jewel

Thank you for your response the reason i asked is i am friends with some sunni girls but even the really religious girl eats meat without even saying bismillah on it.

When we go to eat in our college campus she llookes for turkey, ham or anything and its just i am like um you know isnt that haram. I dont wanna tell her because i am shy to.

• Advanced Member

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i once had a shia friend. we used to eat kebab from shops in the city. we even ate beef on pizza and all that. this is not a issue.

sunnis or shias . there are people who are more into the rules. and many many sunnis and shias do follow the halal rule. as many young kids in the western world may give a damn and eat at mcdonalds, but it is not on the basis which sect they belong to. it is a common practise.

• 3 months later...
Guest iraqi_jewel

you are right about that but thats not what i am saying, what i am saying is it why is it okay for a sunni sister/brother to eat it while saying bismillah over it

While a shia who deos this is just stupid cause its not allowed period

But go out and eat with a sunni if u go to say subway then they will order the meat and i would order the tuna

• Advanced Member

I spoke to a sunni about this same topic. He told me that they (not all but the ones that do it thinking it is right) follow the verse in the Quran which talks about getting food from Christians and Jews, and it will be Halaal when you say "Besmellahe Rahmoneh Raheem"

But... i believe that verse talks about all food, then in the Quran where it specifically talks about meat then it tells you the proper way to make it halal. But they just look at the other part and go off of that.

Salaam,

Kavon

Guest MohamedMansour

Listen man,

We aint making fun at anyone... We are looking at reality.

If you look at the sunnies in CANADA. Eating at Mc'ds and Restaurants area HALAL for them because they only have to say bismillah.

Their sheik allowed that in foreign land.

They say in the Quran it says Eating meat from ahlul al kitab justifies that fact. That is their argument against that saying. But there are many many other arguments that makes that argument clearer which they refuse to mix

When shia's eat non hilal, They know they are, and they don't care.

But the majority of Sunni's know that its alright to do so.

Me personally, I don't know why someone does not follow the PROPHETS FAMILY. I don't get why people wont Follow the people who burried the profit. I don't know why people wont follow the hadith of the family of the profit.

Who would you love more, your family or your friends.

BLeh thats my 2cents, Im out

Edited by MohamedMansour
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

Why is it ok to eat american meat

Fi amin Allah

iraqi-jewel

Different people have different opinions. Some Shia, Sunni, and others believe that it's ok and others don't. So direct your question at those who allow it not the Sunni.