Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SHIA-OF-ALI

Acknowledgemnt of abu bakr by Imam Ali(as)

Rate this topic

^Lets not get carried away please. So far nobody has managed to give any kind of evidence that the caliphate of abu bakr was acknowledged/accepted by the 12 Imams (as).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ali (ra) was even ''a judge'' when Omar was the caliph; and you know the story when Omar (ra) saw a couple committing adultery and he was furious, he wanted Ali (ra) to punish them but Ali (ra) told him that if he announces her name without bringing the 4 witnesses he will punish him instead of her. Does Ali (ra) ''worked'' with a kafir or mounafik to run the affairs of the ummah? But again, if one tries to base his arguments on biased work from both sides and approaches the problem as if is was a soccer game and believes that insulting those sahaba is an act of worship and strives to bring whatever that vilifies them , how could one in such a framework give the rational chance to another alternative about the veracities of his claims about those sahabat. Things are dangerous, stakes are high and personal: if there is a chance of 0.0000001% that those sahaba turn out to be pious people, I dont know how one who is insulting them can face Allah the day of the judgement. Now 100% truth can in no way exist in historical events such as those events especially that we wont diagree on the fact that the works by both sides on the issue are a sort of biased and even in the shia work, there is no clear cutt attitude towards them. So again, the stakes are high and personal: May Allah spare all of us his anger and his punishment.

please note, that I deleted the post Shia of Ali was responding too, along with a number of off topic/fitna posts. I left that post, and med's reply, as they are actually on topic.

Ali (ra) was even ''a judge'' when Omar was the caliph; and you know the story when Omar (ra) saw a couple committing adultery and he was furious, he wanted Ali (ra) to punish them but Ali (ra) told him that if he announces her name without bringing the 4 witnesses he will punish him instead of her. Does Ali (ra) ''worked'' with a kafir or mounafik to run the affairs of the ummah? But again, if one tries to base his arguments on biased work from both sides and approaches the problem as if is was a soccer game and believes that insulting those sahaba is an act of worship and strives to bring whatever that vilifies them , how could one in such a framework give the rational chance to another alternative about the veracities of his claims about those sahabat. Things are dangerous, stakes are high and personal: if there is a chance of 0.0000001% that those sahaba turn out to be pious people, I dont know how one who is insulting them can face Allah the day of the judgement. Now 100% truth can in no way exist in historical events such as those events especially that we wont diagree on the fact that the works by both sides on the issue are a sort of biased and even in the shia work, there is no clear cutt attitude towards them. So again, the stakes are high and personal: May Allah spare all of us his anger and his punishment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you are right here

but when you see the hatred of the shias for certain sahaba

also remember the persecution of shias under the ummayyads

and the curses sent on Ali(as) from the pulpits

what happened later in fitna can be traced directly to the saqifa

My personal position is that I criticize the 3 caliphs for their flaws but also readily admit whatever merits they had.

regarding Muawiyah AmribnAs ummayyads I curse them

I am not saying the sahaba were infaillible and I do believe that no one can be infaillible. People do errors, but to what extent the errors could be considered ''disastrous''? to what extent the errors could justify that we deny the closest sahaba of the prophet (pbuh) from what was their essence of life: worshipping Allah and obeying him AND his prophet? Those sahaba have shown after the death of the prophet (pbuh) that they were true muslims: they spread the word of Allah, fight those who refused to implement some of islam pillars and on a BEAUTIFUL note, they end up their days insisting on being buried near to the prophet of Allah (pbuh). Again, not using any reference from both sides, if you have to choose someone you want to be burried next to his grave (may Allah grant you long life)who would you choose? wont he be the most dear to your heart?.

May Allah guide all of us

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

some errors are trivial other have grave consequences

I think all sahaba at one point or another committed some errors but Allah(swt) is forgiving and we should not be too harsh in judging them this part I agree with

But some errors committed by the first 3 caliphs were not trivial and really changed the course of events and led to the ultimate ruin of the caliphate even though in their times they might have enjoyed stunning success.

don't you know in Islam the sins of the father, or grandfather in this case, don't pass on to the children? Inherited sin is a christian (and jewish?) concept. And since we see that even Prophets (as) had bad children, goodness is not inherited either. Allah (SWT) granted the imams (as) purity, their ancestry to Abu Bakr doesn't mean anything, other than there were good people in his lineage (even Yazeed's (PPEKLA) son Muawiya II was a good person)

What error did Abu Bakr do?

Lets suppose that Imam Ali became the khalif immidiaately after Prophet, and he ruled for 10 years and then assasinated, how can muslems make Hasan a khalif after him and he is still 13 years old.

what would be your choice for a khalif after Ali after prophet?

where can you blame Abu Bakr for taking Khilafah or Imamah from Al Albait?

After all Ali became Khalif, and was supported by all sahabah.

Muawiyah did not claim khilafah for himself. he just wanted qisas for Uthman ( a khalif).

Only when Ali started killing his own supporters ( khawarij) that some people who did not give bayah to Ali, started giving bayah to Muawiyah.

[EDIT]

[MOD NOTE: MEMBER BANNED DUE TO BLASPHEMOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST IMAM ALI (as)]

Edited by Aliya

What error did Abu Bakr do?

He usurped what was not his, and what he was clearly not fit for (calipha) after having heard the Prophet(s) on so many occasions declare Imam Ali (as) as his successor.

Lets suppose that Imam Ali became the khalif immidiaately after Prophet, and he ruled for 10 years and then assasinated, how can muslems make Hasan a khalif after him and he is still 13 years old.

Age is not a matter for those who are Divinely Appointed. God does as He wills.

what would be your choice for a khalif after Ali after prophet?

It is not our choice or decision. Leaders of humanity are appointed God alone. All else who have tried to take this position are cursed men.

where can you blame Abu Bakr for taking Khilafah or Imamah from Al Albait?

It is recorded in history that at/after the time when Rasoolullah(s) was dying, the lanaatis Abu Baker and Umar were plotting usurpation of the caliphate from Imam Ali.

After all Ali became Khalif, and was supported by all sahabah.

Yet, they disobeyed the Prophet by agreeing to Abu Baker, Umar, and Uthman's holding that position in the first place.

Muawiyah did not claim khilafah for himself. he just wanted qisas for Uthman ( a khalif).

He did want to. He gave a very wretched and unbelievable excuse in desiring to find Uthman's killers.

[EDIT]

[MOD NOTE: THOUGH YOUR REFUTATIONS WERE EXCELLENT, I EDITED THIS POST BY DELETING THEM, AND THE BLASPHEMOUS ALLEGATIONS THEY REFUTED. SLOCYM IS BANNED AS WELL]

Edited by Aliya

(bismillah)

(salam)

There is something very interesting regarding the "acknowledgement" of the Khilafah of Abubakr, Omar ibn al Khattab, Uthmaan bin Affaan, by the Aimmah m'aasoomeen (as)

We know that on the 26th of Rajab, 60 Hijrah, Walid ibne Utbah, the then Governor of Madinah, had received a dispatch from Damishq that Muaviyeh ibne Abi Sufyaan [l’aanahum ajmaeen] had died, that he had nominated his son Yezeed ibne Muaviyeh [l’aanahum ajmaeen] as his successor, that Yezeed had ascended to the Khilafah, that the people of Damishq had accorded b’eyah [allegiance] to Yezeed, and that Walid should call in Hussain ibne Ali, inform him of these happenings, demand b’eyah from him on behalf of Yezeed ibne Muaviyeh [l’aanahum ajmaeen], and if there is a refusal or hesitation on the part of Hussain, He [Hussain] should be beheaded forthwith and his head be sent to Damishq.

B’eyah is a solemn pledge of honour to submit, To bow down. To divorce oneself from one’s own wishes and desires, emotions and ambitions, to subjugate one’s self to the one to whom one submits.

When b’eyah for Yazeed was demanded of Hussain, he replied very simply:

انٌا مثلي ﻻ يبايع مثله

“The likes of me do not submit to the likes of him”.

When Walid insisted, saying that the b’eyah need not be public, Hussain could give a private, secret pledge, Imaam Hussain (as) replies very simply again:

انٌا مثلي ﻻ يبايع سراً

“The likes of me do not submit in secret”

Now let us see who the players in this scene are:

First of all they were 'Arabs. 'Arabi was their mother tongue, and the Hejazis among the 'Arabs prided themselves to be "afsah al 'Arab" the most eloquent among the 'Arabs.

One cannot say that they could not fully understand what Imaam Hussain (as) said.

"The likes of me do not submit to the likes of him"

Had Imaam Ali and Imaam Hasan (as) acknowledged the Khilafah of Abu Bakr, Omar and Uthmaan, Walid and the others present in that meeting, would have simply said so:

"Your Father and your Brother submitted, what's the problem you?"

Thre's no record of anybody having pointed this out.

Again, when Walid said that the b'eyah could be in secret, the Imaam (as) replied with

"The likes of me of me do not submit in secret"

Had Imaam Ali and Imaam (as) acknowledged the Khilafah of Abu Bakr, Omar and Uthmaan, Walid and the others would have thrown it in the Imaam's (as) face . . .

Nobody did . . . because nobody could. They all knew Imaam Hussain (as) was stating incontrovertible facts . . .

قَد قُتل الحسينُ بکربلا

اُجڑ گئ ہاۓ ثانیِ زاہرا وچ کربل دے واويلا

----

نقشِ الا لله بر صحرا نوشت -- سطرِ عنوانِ نجات ِما نوشت

ا ے صبا، اے پیکِ دورافتادگاں -- سلامِ ما بخاکِ پاکِ او رسا

اقبال

Please check links below

(salam)

You really dont know who Imam Taqi is ??? WHAT KIND OF SHIAH ARE YOU ???

He is "your 9th infallible Imam". if you dont even know that, then I suggest you do a serious study of Islam and learn what 12 Imami Shiism really is before trying to argue with Sunnis...

And anyway, what he says is actually More than aknoeldging of Caliphate...

Now look at this intresting narration:

"Someone informed Imam Jafar Sadiq that a certain person thought that he (Jafar) detested and denounced Abu Bakr and Omar.

Jafar replied: I have nothing to do with this person. Rather, I hope that my relationship with Abu Bakr may bring blessings upon my family. "

(Source:Ryadh an-Nathirah, Volume 1, Page 59)

By his relationship with Abu Bakr he meant the fact that Abu Bakr was his grandfather.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

silly

i mean how do u know this mohammad Taqi is the same as our nith imam

and again it still doesnt acknowledge caliphate

After all, Abu Bakr was the grandfather of Imam Jaafar, that makes all rest of imams decendents of Abu Bakr ( all the way to the last imam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RasoolAllah has the blood of Abulahab in him.......wat makes RasoolAllah this??

Imam Jaffer has the blood of Abubakar in him.........see the simmilatity??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pleasehold your breath .you are the one making it like a soccer match.imam ali wasnot a judge working under the hands of umar(auzubillah).imam ali was executing what he was expected to do.and that is to guide the ummah.umar was an usurper.he had no business to do what he was doing.sono thanks to him for offering us his service.

why ali left Muawiyah then?

were the khawarij more enemies to Ali than Muawiyah? and why?

The arbitration no matter how flawed it was, was an agreement and binding on them and like all pious muslims Ali(as) and his true followers accepted that as they were not motivated by worldly agreed.

regarding khawarij every possible effort was made to win them over

many sahabis like AbuAyyb ansari(ra) and Ibn Abbas(ra) managed to win over most of them (out of >10,000 fewer than 1400 remained,rest repented and rejoined Ali(as)) and it was they(those 1400) who started the hostilites by attacking Imam's army.

were khwaraj better than muawiyah?

according to the sermons of Imam absolutely

they were very pious men but had become "entangled in sedition" they cried "no judgement but God's" but failed to understand how to implement his commands

they insisted on treating fellow muslims who disagreed with them on political issues as apostates.

Ummayyads on the other hand were purely concerned with establishing their imperial rule,and had little regards for guarding the purity of the religion

Despite being two pages now, nobody has managed to give any shred of evidence that any of the 12 Imams (as) accepted the caliphate of abu bakr.

Edited by SHIA-OF-ALI

Despite being two pages now, nobody has managed to give any shred of evidence that any of the 12 Imams (as) accepted the caliphate of abu bakr.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe because the MAJORITY on Shiachat.com are shias. duhh!! ...you know what. Ill ask some brothers from Sunni forums to come and they can do all this debating stuff. :D

maybe because the MAJORITY on Shiachat.com are shias. duhh!! ...you know what. Ill ask some brothers from Sunni forums to come and they can do all this debating stuff.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

please can you send me the links to some sunni forums.you can pm me.

(salam)

please can you send me the links to some sunni forums.you can pm me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/ <~ although its mostly a deobandi site there are some good people on it. (Students of Faraz Rabbani of Sunnipath, Ulema etc..)

http://www.yanabi.com/forum/

I can p.m. u emails if u want a direct scholar to answer your questions aswell.

Just let me know.

Wsalaam wr wb

Edited by Aashiq e Rasul

Had Imaam Ali and Imaam Hasan (as) acknowledged the Khilafah of Abu Bakr, Omar and Uthmaan, Walid and the others present in that meeting, would have simply said so:

"Your Father and your Brother submitted, what's the problem you?"

Thre's no record of anybody having pointed this out.

Again, when Walid said that the b'eyah could be in secret, the Imaam (as) replied with

"The likes of me of me do not submit in secret"

Had Imaam Ali and Imaam (as) acknowledged the Khilafah of Abu Bakr, Omar and Uthmaan, Walid and the others would have thrown it in the Imaam's (as) face . . .

Ecxellent observation :) :)

This thread is fast approaching 4 pages and as of yet nobody has managed to answer my question.

Edited by SHIA-OF-ALI

(salam)

What I would like to ask the non shias on this forum is this.

Now, when we say that Imam Ali (as) never acknowledged the caliphate of abu bakr, the sunni's will immediately say that it's recorded in their "sahih" books that he did acknowledge the caliphate of abu bakr and that is that and there's nothing else to discuss on the matter.

Okay then, suppose this assumption is true, then I would like them to present me proof that the rest of our Holy Imams (as) acknowleged his caliphate.

The subject of this question, I think, is irrelevant in all respects. First, if you suppose that Ali (ra) acknowledged the caliphate of Abu Bakr (ra), then what's the need for proof that rest of the imams acknowledged the caliphate. Is the recognition by Ali (ra) not enough...afterall, he is the best of the imams. Second, the caliphate of Abu Bakr (ra) was a political institution (sanctioned by religious principles), and as such it only needed to be acknowledged by the ummah living at that time. His caliphate does not require approval from imams or scholars who lived generations after the existance of this particular caliphate. The same can be said of the caliphates of Umar (ra), Uthman (ra) and Ali (ra).

By the way, since historical evidence do not show that there was a mass revolt by the ummah at the appointment of Abu Bakr (ra) as the caliph, it can be safely concluded that majority of the muslim ummah accepted his appointment. At the same time, it is reasonable to conceive that some of the ummah (perhaps even Ali (ra)) may have not agreed with the appointment of Abu Bakr (ra) as the caliph. But, disagreements and variety in opinion always exist in all human civizations.

Peace be on you all.

(salam)

The subject of this question, I think, is irrelevant in all respects. First, if you suppose that Ali (ra) acknowledged the caliphate of Abu Bakr (ra), then what's the need for proof that rest of the imams acknowledged the caliphate.

The subject is wholly relevant brother. If it's true that Imam Ali (as) accepted the caliphate of abu bakr, then also the rest of the Imam (as) would have accepted and acknowledged his caliphate. The only "reply" which I have heard to this question is "rafida rafida" which the wahabis parrot on like a bunch of children.

Is the recognition by Ali (ra) not enough...afterall, he is the best of the imams.

Yes it it. Recognition by Ali (as) would have meant recognition by the rest of the Imams (as), and this does not seem to be the case here. As I have yet to read any narrations where the Imams (as) told their followers about the caliphate of abu bakr and what a wonderful job he did.

Second, the caliphate of Abu Bakr (ra) was a political institution (sanctioned by religious principles), and as such it only needed to be acknowledged by the ummah living at that time.

There is no room for politics in Islam. That is the principle of the kufar.

Edited by SHIA-OF-ALI

(salam)

The subject is wholly relevant brother. If it's true that Imam Ali (as) accepted the caliphate of abu bakr, then also the rest of the Imam (as) would have accepted and acknowledged his caliphate. The only "reply" which I have heard to this question is "rafida rafida" which the wahabis parrot on like a bunch of children.

Yes it it. Recognition by Ali (as) would have meant recognition by the rest of the Imams (as), and this does not seem to be the case here. As I have yet to read any narrations where the Imams (as) told their followers about the caliphate of abu bakr and what a wonderful job he did.

There is no room for politics in Islam. That is the principle of the kufar.

Salam Shia-of-Ali:

Part of the reason why I said your question was irrelevant is that within that question there is a certain oxymoron...what I mean is that you were, for the sake of the argument, working with the supposition that Ali (ra) acknowledged the caliphate of Abu Bakr (ra) and yet you seem content to support the idea (or fact) that none of the later imams acknowledged it.

Once again, the legitimacy of a political institution is not contingent upon approval by generations that follow in time. It only needs approval and acceptance by the contemporary citizenship.

With respect to Islam and politics...Islam encompases all aspects of life, and politics is an inevitable and influential aspect of life. The Holy Prophet (pbuh) was one of the signatories on the treaty of Hudaibiya (this was politics. Politics governed by the principles of Islam).

Salam

(salam)

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/ <~ although its mostly a deobandi site there are some good people on it. (Students of Faraz Rabbani of Sunnipath, Ulema etc..)

http://www.yanabi.com/forum/

I can p.m. u emails if u want a direct scholar to answer your questions aswell.

Just let me know.

Wsalaam wr wb

thanks.i dont need answers from any scholars that are spreading religious propaganda instead of justifying what they believe.if i need any answer ayatollah sistani's office is more than ready to give me answers.anyways thanks for the links.

(salam)

only Allah knows whose better between ali (ra) hassan (ra) hussein (ra)

however the above mentioned are better than rest of the imams may Allah have mercy on them

That's not a trivial question. Imam Ali (as) is declared to be the seal and master of Waliyath.

Ali Bin Abu Talib (as):

"What you are suggesting is that just as all of you abandoned the Messenger of God as soon as he died, I too should have abandoned him, and I too should have entered the Saqifa to contest the khailafat with you. This I could not do. Doing so would have been most unworthy of me. I could not forsake the Messenger of God in his death as I did not forsake him in his life."

After these remarks, Ali left the court of Abu Bakr which was held in the Mosque of the Prophet. Such were the mechanics of the election of Abu Bakr as the khalifa of the Muslims – a series of desperate, often convulsive improvisations.

THINK! IF U CAN…..

Dear Readers

Salaamun Alaikum,

Islam is a systematic and a perfect religion. So much systematic that Allah (S) always guided His creature through Messenger or Successor. He (S) knows very well that His creature will go astray without the guardian, so before creating the universe He created His caliph i.e. Hazrat Adam (P) and at last He send Prophet Muhammad (P) for the guidance of His creatures. This action of Allah (S) clarifies the obligatory of the Guardian for the believers.

Is it true! That Allah & his Last messenger had not appointed any Caliph for the believers? Or we had been kept away from the truth for the sake of worldly interest?

When Prophet Musa (P) was called at Toor by Allah (S) for 40-days, he never left his people alone, but appointed Aaron as a Caliph. Then how it is possible that the last messenger of Allah (S) after whom there is no more Prophet to come for the guidance of the people, left his ummah alone without appointing any Caliph?

What about those who were born after the death of the Holy Prophet (P)? WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR GUIDANCE? If we believe that Allah (S) will directly guide us, then He might had done this from the very beginning and would not have sent any messenger. If the book of Allah is sufficient then why we Muslims are divided into sects? And if we take the help of traditions to understand Quran, we find many fabricate tradition which goes against the book of Allah.

As we also know that Allah (S) has already announced in Holy Quran; Majority will lead to astray. And His Prophet (P) has said; After me, my ummah will split into 73-sect and only one will be on the right path, and after remembering the promise done by Shaitan, I will lead majority of them to astray. In such a situation, Do we not feel, in need of a true leader who can guide us to the right path?

Allah (S) says, And (as for) those who strive hard for Us, We will most certainly guide them in Our ways, and Allah is most surely with the doers of good. (Quran-29:69) The word strive (Jihad) in the Quranic verse carries the meaning of scientific research to reach the truth, and Allah will lead anyone to the truth, if he chooses to seek it. SO LET US FINDOUT THE TRUTH AND GET ATTACHED WITH THE RIGHT SECT.

Many of our Sunni scholars have quoted the incident regarding the appointment of the Caliph by Prophet Muhammad (P). The date of this incident was the 18th of Zil-Hijjah of the year 10 AH. After completing his last pilgrimage, Holy Prophet (P) was leaving Makkah and heading towards Madinah, where he and the crowd of people reached a place called Ghadir Khum. In this place, the following verse of the Quran was revealed: O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don’t do it, you have not delivered His message (at all)... (Qur’an 5:67).

Upon receiving this verse, the Prophet (P) stopped on that place and sent for all people who have been ahead in the way, to come back and waited until all pilgrims who fell behind, arrived and gathered. He ordered his companion Salman (P) to make a pulpit so he could make his announcement.

The Messenger of Allah (S) declared: It seems the time approached when I shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. I am leaving for you two precious things and if you adhere to them both, you will never go astray after me. They are the Book of Allah and my Progeny that is my Ahlul-Bayt. The two shall never separate from each other until they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise).

Then the Messenger of Allah continued; Do I not have more right over the believers than what they have over themselves? People cried and answered: Yes, O Messenger of God. The Prophet (P) held up the hand of Ali and said: For whoever I am his Leader, this Ali ibne Abu Talib is his Leader. Ali Bin Abu Talib is my brother, my successor, my Caliph (Vicegerent) after me. O men! Allah has made Ali your Wali (guardian), and Imam (guide). Obedience to him is obligatory on each one of you; his command is supreme; his utterance is truth; O God! Love those who love Ali, and be hostile to those who are hostile to Ali.

Immediately after the Prophet finished his speech, the following verse of the Quran was revealed: This day have I perfected for you, your religion, and have completed My favour on you, and chosen for you ISLAM (to be) the religion. (Quran 5:3) (Ref.: Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal in his Musnad, Hafiz Abu Ja’far Muhammad Bin Jarir Tabari in his Kitabu’l-Wilaya, Sheikh Sulayman Balkhi in Yanabiu’l-Mawadda, Manaqib of Ahmad, Ibn Hajar Makki in his Sawa’iq Muhriqa, Chapter 2, Sulayman Balkhi Hanafi in his Yanabiu’l-Mawadda chapter 12).

The above verse clearly indicates that Islam without clearing up the matter of leadership after Prophet (P) was not complete, and completion of religion was due to announcement of the Prophet’s immediate successor, SO IF THE RELIGION IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT THE APPOINTMENT OF A SUCCESSOR THEN HOW FAITH CAN BE COMPLETE WITHOUT ACCEPTING A TRUE SUCCESSOR?

Our Sunni scholars have written in there books that the Prophet (P) said: If one wishes to look at Adam, Noah, and Abraham, look at Ali. Ali is from me and I am from Ali. Nobody can discharge the duty of my mission except me and Ali. O ALI! You are foremost in faith in Islam among all the Muslims, and you are to me as Aaron was to Moses, He who thinks he is my friend while he is your enemy is a liar. (Ref.: Ibn Maja in his Sunan, Part I, p. 92; Tirmidhi in his Sahih; Imam Ahmad Bin Hanbal in Musnad, v.4, p.164; Muhammad Ibn Yusuf Ganji Shafi’i in chapter 67 of Kifayatu’t-Talib, Imam Abu Abdu’r-Rahman Nisa’i in Khasa’is, and Sulayman Balkhi Hanafi in Yanbiu’l-Mawaddat)

My message is only for those who can think rationally and can digest the truth. If anyone is not satisfied to what I say or if I am wrong in my view, then please guide me. As Holy Prophet (s.) said, If Allah chooses you to guide one man (to the right path), then that is worth more than all the riches on earth. Therefore research and comparison are legal obligations for every responsible person.

What do you mean "abandoned the Messenger of God as soon as he died"????

The truth is that even after the death the teaching remains alive. So there is no point in geting direction from anyone except Prophet PBUH. Every event after Prophet PBUH is the history of Islam. Making history a part of religion is the point where confusion starts.

Your argument is too weak... stick to basics you will be successful.

Ali Bin Abu Talib (as):

"What you are suggesting is that just as all of you abandoned the Messenger of God as soon as he died, I too should have abandoned him, and I too should have entered the Saqifa to contest the khailafat with you. This I could not do. Doing so would have been most unworthy of me. I could not forsake the Messenger of God in his death as I did not forsake him in his life."

After these remarks, Ali left the court of Abu Bakr which was held in the Mosque of the Prophet. Such were the mechanics of the election of Abu Bakr as the khalifa of the Muslims – a series of desperate, often convulsive improvisations.

THINK! IF U CAN…..

Dear Readers

Salaamun Alaikum,

Islam is a systematic and a perfect religion. So much systematic that Allah (S) always guided His creature through Messenger or Successor. He (S) knows very well that His creature will go astray without the guardian, so before creating the universe He created His caliph i.e. Hazrat Adam (P) and at last He send Prophet Muhammad (P) for the guidance of His creatures. This action of Allah (S) clarifies the obligatory of the Guardian for the believers.

Is it true! That Allah & his Last messenger had not appointed any Caliph for the believers? Or we had been kept away from the truth for the sake of worldly interest?

When Prophet Musa (P) was called at Toor by Allah (S) for 40-days, he never left his people alone, but appointed Aaron as a Caliph. Then how it is possible that the last messenger of Allah (S) after whom there is no more Prophet to come for the guidance of the people, left his ummah alone without appointing any Caliph?

What about those who were born after the death of the Holy Prophet (P)? WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR GUIDANCE? If we believe that Allah (S) will directly guide us, then He might had done this from the very beginning and would not have sent any messenger. If the book of Allah is sufficient then why we Muslims are divided into sects? And if we take the help of traditions to understand Quran, we find many fabricate tradition which goes against the book of Allah.

As we also know that Allah (S) has already announced in Holy Quran; Majority will lead to astray. And His Prophet (P) has said; After me, my ummah will split into 73-sect and only one will be on the right path, and after remembering the promise done by Shaitan, I will lead majority of them to astray. In such a situation, Do we not feel, in need of a true leader who can guide us to the right path?

Allah (S) says, And (as for) those who strive hard for Us, We will most certainly guide them in Our ways, and Allah is most surely with the doers of good. (Quran-29:69) The word strive (Jihad) in the Quranic verse carries the meaning of scientific research to reach the truth, and Allah will lead anyone to the truth, if he chooses to seek it. SO LET US FINDOUT THE TRUTH AND GET ATTACHED WITH THE RIGHT SECT.

Many of our Sunni scholars have quoted the incident regarding the appointment of the Caliph by Prophet Muhammad (P). The date of this incident was the 18th of Zil-Hijjah of the year 10 AH. After completing his last pilgrimage, Holy Prophet (P) was leaving Makkah and heading towards Madinah, where he and the crowd of people reached a place called Ghadir Khum. In this place, the following verse of the Quran was revealed: O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don’t do it, you have not delivered His message (at all)... (Qur’an 5:67).

Upon receiving this verse, the Prophet (P) stopped on that place and sent for all people who have been ahead in the way, to come back and waited until all pilgrims who fell behind, arrived and gathered. He ordered his companion Salman (P) to make a pulpit so he could make his announcement.

The Messenger of Allah (S) declared: It seems the time approached when I shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. I am leaving for you two precious things and if you adhere to them both, you will never go astray after me. They are the Book of Allah and my Progeny that is my Ahlul-Bayt. The two shall never separate from each other until they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise).

Then the Messenger of Allah continued; Do I not have more right over the believers than what they have over themselves? People cried and answered: Yes, O Messenger of God. The Prophet (P) held up the hand of Ali and said: For whoever I am his Leader, this Ali ibne Abu Talib is his Leader. Ali Bin Abu Talib is my brother, my successor, my Caliph (Vicegerent) after me. O men! Allah has made Ali your Wali (guardian), and Imam (guide). Obedience to him is obligatory on each one of you; his command is supreme; his utterance is truth; O God! Love those who love Ali, and be hostile to those who are hostile to Ali.

Immediately after the Prophet finished his speech, the following verse of the Quran was revealed: This day have I perfected for you, your religion, and have completed My favour on you, and chosen for you ISLAM (to be) the religion. (Quran 5:3) (Ref.: Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal in his Musnad, Hafiz Abu Ja’far Muhammad Bin Jarir Tabari in his Kitabu’l-Wilaya, Sheikh Sulayman Balkhi in Yanabiu’l-Mawadda, Manaqib of Ahmad, Ibn Hajar Makki in his Sawa’iq Muhriqa, Chapter 2, Sulayman Balkhi Hanafi in his Yanabiu’l-Mawadda chapter 12).

The above verse clearly indicates that Islam without clearing up the matter of leadership after Prophet (P) was not complete, and completion of religion was due to announcement of the Prophet’s immediate successor, SO IF THE RELIGION IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT THE APPOINTMENT OF A SUCCESSOR THEN HOW FAITH CAN BE COMPLETE WITHOUT ACCEPTING A TRUE SUCCESSOR?

Our Sunni scholars have written in there books that the Prophet (P) said: If one wishes to look at Adam, Noah, and Abraham, look at Ali. Ali is from me and I am from Ali. Nobody can discharge the duty of my mission except me and Ali. O ALI! You are foremost in faith in Islam among all the Muslims, and you are to me as Aaron was to Moses, He who thinks he is my friend while he is your enemy is a liar. (Ref.: Ibn Maja in his Sunan, Part I, p. 92; Tirmidhi in his Sahih; Imam Ahmad Bin Hanbal in Musnad, v.4, p.164; Muhammad Ibn Yusuf Ganji Shafi’i in chapter 67 of Kifayatu’t-Talib, Imam Abu Abdu’r-Rahman Nisa’i in Khasa’is, and Sulayman Balkhi Hanafi in Yanbiu’l-Mawaddat)

My message is only for those who can think rationally and can digest the truth. If anyone is not satisfied to what I say or if I am wrong in my view, then please guide me. As Holy Prophet (s.) said, If Allah chooses you to guide one man (to the right path), then that is worth more than all the riches on earth. Therefore research and comparison are legal obligations for every responsible person.