Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
TIM_WESTWOOD

Your Own Captured Photos

Rate this topic

No. There are not many in Russia. Bosna i Hercegovina has very many. Especially in the North-Central area. There and Chechnya are the main places with large Slavic Muslim populations, though they are not Muslims in a way that would be acceptable or recognisable to most Muslims elsewhere. It also serves as an ethnic term in Bosnia since the Austro-Hungarians took over. Capital case Musliman or Muslimanka just means not a Serb or a Croat and speaks Bosanski. They celebrate Eid, have their marriages in mosques [if they marry from the Musliman] and usually have Muslim funerals - but otherwise they do not pray salaat, cannot read Arabic [and so the Qu'ran and ahadith literature], women do not wear the hijab, men drink liquor and they utterly love music and dancing.

And believe it or do not - those pictures are from Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia. Except the dolls.

No its not true,the muslims of Bosnia are called Bosnjaci(Bosniaks) they can be muslim or atheist.And yes most do not wear hijab,we are sunni hanafi muslims,just like turks,plus the communism influenced us a lot,just like Ataturk did with turks

042_zps66d34d72.jpg

Can anyone explain why (amongst lots of other things) getting text in a straight line is a problem in Pakistan/India? Is it really difficult? Is it not considered to matter? There's a flipping great big line underneath the text to help with alignment. And the kerning is well dodgy.

And to cap it all, it's for an art centre, except the signage looks as if a three year old had put it up.

The people who go into this place should volunteer to get a ladder and sort out the sign. Then they can go inside and think about higher aspects of art.

No its not true,the muslims of Bosnia are called Bosnjaci(Bosniaks) they can be muslim or atheist.And yes most do not wear hijab,we are sunni hanafi muslims,just like turks,plus the communism influenced us a lot,just like Ataturk did with turks

Zdravo!

It depends on who you are talking to. The recent survey by Prizma Istrazivanja definitely indicates that the majority of people today would refer to themselves as Bosnjaci, but over five percent still answered musliman. In my experience most non-Bosniaks still speak of Bosnjaci as musliman as well. I think most people regardless of ethnicity within a certain age-range would do so too.

I also left it rather open-ended. I noted that this was an Austro-Hungarian practice. It can and does still serve as an ethnic term since then. It does not serve exclusively anymore as "the" ethnic term, but that is not what I said.

I also forget to mention Azerbaijan, Albania and Kosovo in that other post. Bosna, Chechnya, Azerbaijan, Albania and Kosovo are the countries in Eastern Europe with Muslim majorities.

Edited by Servidor

Can anyone explain why (amongst lots of other things) getting text in a straight line is a problem in Pakistan/India? Is it really difficult? Is it not considered to matter? There's a flipping great big line underneath the text to help with alignment. And the kerning is well dodgy.

And to cap it all, it's for an art centre, except the signage looks as if a three year old had put it up.

The people who go into this place should volunteer to get a ladder and sort out the sign. Then they can go inside and think about higher aspects of art.

^ The letters are indeed not in a straight line and that is on purpose. It is called modern art. We're a modern nation. ^^^^^

This was taken with the Sony RX100, at the new River Safari in Singapore.

Another RX100 attempt, both of these were on fully auto settings. Something I never do on the 5d.

Oh, cool stuff, brother Haji. I believe these are shot with the new camera you've purchased? Nice photos, keep 'em coming...

Love the pics, bro. (I was about to put sis but I thought I'd go to your page and double check. I thought you were a girl this whole time, sorry!) Especially the flowers :D

Thank you dear sister. I'm not much a flower guy really, but when one's in the desert, anything that blooms catches your fancy! And I've begun to appreciate Allah's favours more than before, favours that we overlook when surrounded...there's something in the desert that changes you.

Cool captures, Inquisitor. Really beautiful sunrise and sunsets, and the decrepit petrol station that made me laugh :D

Keep 'em comin'. . .

Thank you ustadji Marbles for the encouragement. There's obviously nothing much in the desert except the stretch of land and the sky above, so the captures are mostly of the sunrise, sunsets, camels, the chirping birds, some blooming flowers... *sigh* How I wish I was in a city...