Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
TIM_WESTWOOD

Your Own Captured Photos

Rate this topic

Truck Art

Bet you were really bored.

You have good collection of colourful those though lol

Thank you sister. :wub:

But it is not a bus. It is a heavy load lifting colorful truck. Found only in Pakistan. The truck drivers decorate it with bright colors and other embellishments. It has become part of our culture now.

I remember seeing a truck like this on the way to a wedding ceremony in the film West is West, the sequel to East is East. Have you seen these films? (sorry for going off topic but they were quite entertaining)

I remember seeing a truck like this on the way to a wedding ceremony in the film West is West, the sequel to East is East. Have you seen these films? (sorry for going off topic but they were quite entertaining)

I have seen East is East and despite it's heavy criticisms from anti-Orientalists for stereotyping Muslims etc, I liked it lol. Didn't know the other film existed but I will check it out.

There was this so called "Karachi tram" a while back in Australia painted in similar colours too.

These Pakistani truck art patterns are famous the world over. Granta, the literary journal, published a special Pakistan Number. They decorated its cover with truck art colours.

Western travellers to Pakistan whom I know of or met here when they ask for souvenirs (apart from blue pottery utensils) specifically ask for truck souvenirs with those pattern and colours.

Advice for Inquisitor based upon the experience.

i) Turn the flash off.

ii) Lower the brightness manually on the camera.

You shall have to play around with each shot and work out how low is best for the photograph in hand.

I was traveling since a few days and haven't had the time to log in. I just got a chance to sit on the PC, so apologize for the delay in liking people's photos and replying to you Servidor.

Thank you for the captures, the night ones are much clearer this time around. I shall take heed of your advice and capture some nice photos to share...once I have bought a camera ;) I don't have much in my pockets right now to make an investment, but hopefully sometime soon.

...and what did I miss during this period, the mud-slinging and all, that Haji had to step in and clear it all off?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Watermarking can be cropped off if it is low on the image. Just sayin

post-66196-0-93035800-1358702060_thumb.j

thanks Marbles! i have the pics, so i can upload them again once we can upload bigger files one day in sha Allah :)

problem is that i'm no expert with these things, so that's the highest resolution i managed to upload without getting an error sign.

Yeah, SC restricts image size to dismally low quality but you can try using a host (PhotoBucket, ImageShack et al) and link the images in here as I do. It's not hard at all.

Yeah, SC restricts image size to dismally low quality but you can try using a host (PhotoBucket, ImageShack et al) and link the images in here as I do. It's not hard at all.

Yah, really easy-peasy. Ask me! If I could do it, anybody can ;)

Sister DA4, those snow captures are beautiful. Please post more of snow, I can never feel tired of those snaps. Wish it could snow where I am...I've never experienced snowfall :(

Cool stuff DA4. I do hear the UK is covered in a blanket of snow these days. The beauty of falling and fallen snow!! It's all good so long as you don't have go out and walk on pavements innit :dry:

Cool stuff DA4. I do hear the UK is covered in a blanket of snow these days. The beauty of falling and fallen snow!! It's all good so long as you don't have go out and walk on pavements innit :dry:

It didn't last for long, well at least not in London. I was about to trip the other day, glad I got a lucky escape!

Guys if you want to post pics of your food there's the 'ate/eating/will eat' thread for that :rolleyes:

(bismillah)

(salam)

How to take photos of your restaurant meal without causing a disturbance. :angel: There is an advertisement in the middle of the article, so you need to scroll down to read the rest of it.

http://www.technewsd...e-down-low.html