Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
TIM_WESTWOOD

Your Own Captured Photos

Rate this topic

Marbles: Two things bro. That watermark, its annoying, and secondly, Gandhi??!! What the hell bro? -_- Why did you pick Gandhi of all from that museum full of wax statues? =/ Just curious.^^^

Marbles: Two things bro. That watermark, its annoying,

No doubt it is annoying. I hate to watermark pics but kya karoon I heard tell that somebody claimed my pics as theirs on a blog - some twit who thought she wouldn't be found out. Heck, she launched a scathing salvo on me for claiming property rights on my own work! The best line was: "You don't own those places so why fuss so much?". My my...some people. Good thing the blog where my stolen pics were found posted was subsequently shut down. I ruined their project :rolleyes:

I've been watermarking ever since but I don't know if it's foolproof. I heard good photoshoppers can remove watermarks without much ado?

...and secondly, Gandhi??!! What the hell bro? Why did you pick Gandhi of all from that museum full of wax statues? =/ Just curious.^^^

Haha I know. For one, I posted some examples of night time pics from my camera and this along with Einstein's were most clear. For two, there was no waxed M.A. Jinnah -_-

@ Sapphire. That's a cute cuddly cat. I, or rather my sister, owned one and raised her from day one but someone stole her off the street. I was sad and but my sister cried us a river :cry:

That is sad. What breed was it? This reminds me of a similar incident that took place with poor me as a kid, or rather a horrific incident, I used to take care of a stray cat as a kid. It was sick. When it got better, we used to play with it all the time. And one day my uncle squished its brains out while parking his car in our driveway. It was pure horror. And I saw it with my own eyes. I could not stop crying for ages. :cry:

So I know how your sister felt at that time. You get attached to your pets especially cats, they are so loving.

No more off topic posts please. If anyone has any concerns about another poster please contact the moderating team.

Members can't issue challenges to others about disclosing identity etc. and you also cannot make references to emails, PMs etc. which no one can see. If someone has concerns, please contact the moderating team, with evidence that you are willing to share.

But you can't make allegations on the open forums.

Edited by Haji 2003

No more off topic posts please. If anyone has any concerns about another poster please contact the moderating team.

Members can't issue challenges to others about disclosing identity etc. and you also cannot make references to emails, PMs etc. which no one can see. If someone has concerns, please contact the moderating team, with evidence that you are willing to share.

But you can't make allegations on the open forums.

:huh:

What did I miss?

Copenhagen, Denmark - I have absolutely no idea how they could do that. The guy seemed to be hanging in the air. I checked from all sides. No one could decipher the trick or the illusion. Can you explain?

142-2.jpg

The staff is stronger than you think and under their garments is a long, solid connecting bar [in their sleeves] and a stool-seat without legs at the end of the top connecting bar on which the one that appears to be levitating is sitting. This one is clever because it is two of them and so the attaching bars must be longer and somewhat more complex than the kind ordinarily used. And there are two such bars since the staff is not placed on the ground like it is when this is done by a single person. It is a good variation on an old trick. It takes considerable balance and centering and here - doubly so.

Anyway, I have not had any time to try my hand at night-time photographs. I am at my brother's, according to the flesh. I shall see if he is willing to take me to the beach tonight. In any event I have some good pictures of his house and little things and of his wife-to-be's baking.

I will post them a little later; still need some of the backyard to complete my set.

Edited by Servidor

The staff is stronger than you think and under their garments is a long, solid connecting bar [in their sleeves] and a stool-seat without legs at the end of the top connecting bar on which the one that appears to be levitating is sitting. This one is clever because it is two of them and so the attaching bars must be longer and somewhat more complex than the kind ordinarily used. And there are two such bars since the staff is not placed on the ground like it is when this is done by a single person. It is a good variation on an old trick. It takes considerable balance and centering and here - doubly so.

Wow. thanks for the explanation. I didn't know how this is done. Now it has only begun to make sense!

So, some pics of Rome (2012) so that haters may burn even more lol.

018-1.jpg

"Darn, that gladiator in the arena today was awesome innit" - Senator Callaicus, proconsul Allienus, General Longinus and 16 others like it.

399-1.jpg

Tomb of Unknown Solider aka the monument to Italian unification: Mammoth structure made of me, I mean, marble -_-

015-1.jpg

This is a column of the same building up close:

042.jpg

Roman ruins. Colosseum wall can be seen in the background:

053.jpg

340-1.jpg

Pantheon - the oldest standing building in Rome I think. A pagan temple turned Church.

101.jpg

sorry guys, but I had a question, infact this is directed to ADMIN actually, is it allowed to post half naked woman pics on shia chat?

I mean just let me know, coz I have few snaps of such kind and I would like to share it as well....

sorry guys, but I had a question, infact this is directed to ADMIN actually, is it allowed to post half naked woman pics on shia chat?

I mean just let me know, coz I have few snaps of such kind and I would like to share it as well....

LOL! Are you serious? No, it's not allowed.

Edited by Naruto

LOL! Are you serious? No, it's not allowed.

I am asking coz, such pics are been posted on this thread, so I was just curious to know if its allowed.

and if its not allowed, ADMIN shud take initiative and remove those pics?

Waiiiiiiiiit a minute... that's not Dearborn!

Enjoy your stay over there

Thanks brother....but we're not going back. We too the leap and sold everything in order to secure our children a future free of Fordson High and Jersey Shore type TV shows.

Thanks brother....but we're not going back. We too the leap and sold everything in order to secure our children a future free of Fordson High and Jersey Shore type TV shows.

Not sure if serious.

(Bravo, if you are.)

@ Servidor, You have got better nighttime results this time after you played with the settings. The clock tower, the second pic of the horizon and the last one in particular are clearer. Cool captures. But I am still convinced your Sony is better than mine -_-

I have promised myself an SLR before summers '13 when I plan to do a multi-country loop in the Far East, God willing. But if I buy a camera, I won't have enough to prop me on the road. Life's a dilemma *sigh*

Edited by Marbles

@ Sapphire. Excellent captures. The Khewra skyline and the still of the truck taken from inside the car are awesome. Where is the second pic taken and what is that little stub of a pillar? Seems like ruins of some historical building.

Exceptional camera. Which one?

Btw, I like your watermark. Its stylish and not in the middle. I think I will move my watermarks to the corners as well.

Thank you. The second picture was taken from some old ruin near the mines.

It is a Canon 600d.

Wow. Fine piece of machinery that is. I checked. It's just bekow PKR 90,000 on ShopHive :squeez:

How I wish I were a rich man!!

Me too. I love the watermark. You should go for such a watermark too. And change your font style.

Your signature has inspired me. I will do that next time :)

Fine & Expensive. :squeez:

My sister wants it too. And my pockets are empty. :cry:

For these pictures, she borrowed the camera from her friend.

Cool. I will wait for your pictures with a new signature. :D

Edited by Sapphire

Thank you sister. :wub:

But it is not a bus. It is a heavy load lifting colorful truck. Found only in Pakistan. The truck drivers decorate it with bright colors and other embellishments. It has become part of our culture now.