Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
TIM_WESTWOOD

Your Own Captured Photos

Rate this topic

How do I post photos? Please explain to me step by step, as if I'm a toddler. I won't throw tantrums, I promise :P

Also, what camera should I buy? I did make a separate thread but it received a lukewarm response so I left it at that. Which brand do you suggest? I was thinking of getting a Nikon as recommended by a friend. Also, keep in mind, I want a camera that captures good quality photos at night. Many cameras I've tried are great while shooting during day, but they somehow misbehave when it's dark, giving me yucky blurry images however hard I try to hold it still.

Okay, waiting for step-by-step instructions...

How do I post photos? Please explain to me step by step, as if I'm a toddler. I won't throw tantrums, I promise :P

I had the misfortune of explaining this most simple thing to another member and it turned out to be a total disaster. Not because the member in question couldn't get it but somehow SC messed it up even when I posted the paramters in code. Anyhow not to sound anymore ambiguous, let me try and explain it in here.

Method 1: Find out "Attach Files" option at the end of your text editor. There are two buttons next to it: "Browse" and "Clear Selection". Just select a pic from your PC and load it up. Easy way but the downside is that it doesn't let you upload pics more than 512KB. So you'll have to resize them before posting.

Method 2: Upload your pic on one of the image hosting websites (PhotoBucket, ImageShack etc) and post the link here with image tags. That's how it should look like:

[IMG]URL GOES HERE[/IMG]

Also, what camera should I buy? I did make a separate thread but it received a lukewarm response so I left it at that. Which brand do you suggest? I was thinking of getting a Nikon as recommended by a friend. Also, keep in mind, I want a camera that captures good quality photos at night. Many cameras I've tried are great while shooting during day, but they somehow misbehave when it's dark, giving me yucky blurry images however hard I try to hold it still.

Okay, waiting for step-by-step instructions...

No amount of holding it still would get you sharp pictures unless the lens are also good, flash is used to the occasion, and the camera settings are adjusted to night mode. It's the lack of enough light that blurs the image.

Which type of camera you are looking to buy? Just an average one which you'll mostly use in 'auto mode' or something more fancy? Like those brick-sized SLRs? Those cams come anything between USD 350 to USD 3000

Nikon is good one. My sister just only yesterday bought her first SLR. It's Nikon D3200. Cost USD 700 give or take.

17k09qaxlwgopjpg.jpg

No amount of holding it still would get you sharp pictures unless the lens are also good, flash is used to the occasion, and the camera settings are adjusted to night mode. It's the lack of enough light that blurs the image.

Which type of camera you are looking to buy? Just an average one which you'll mostly use in 'auto mode' or something more fancy? Like those brick-sized SLRs? Those cams come anything between USD 350 to USD 3000

Nikon is good one. My sister just only yesterday bought her first SLR. It's Nikon D3200. Cost USD 700 give or take.

Well, I use flash and light mode adjusted to night, however since I'm technically challenged I wouldn't have a clue as to which lens is of superior quality. I saw you making a statement a few posts up while speaking to Servidor on how Carl Zeiss lenses are fab according to you. So, there I'm confused again!

I'm only looking at a point-and-shoot camera, no fancy SLRs for me. I hate carrying weight on my person and those (like you said) 'bricks' are a complete no-no. I'm gonna wait till technology is advanced enough to fit those SLR's features in a small package :P Call me lazy, if you will...

And congratulations to you sis on her great big purchase. I'm sure she is happy and now on a photo taking spree.

I'm gonna wait till technology is advanced enough to fit those SLR's features in a small package :P Call me lazy, if you will...

No need to wait, sir. It's already out. Micro Four Thirds System: http://en.wikipedia....r_Thirds_system

Here is the example. This is a DSLR but smaller and sleeker. Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5

panasonic-lumix-dmc-g5-first-look-18.jpg?20120717-093737

Inquisitor. the one with the road winding down the hill, the bird against the blue-grey sky and the sunset pics are beautiful. You do know how and where to hold your camera. Good work.

That's wonderful for a mobile camera.

Inquisitor. the one with the road winding down the hill, the bird against the blue-grey sky and the sunset pics are beautiful. You do know how and where to hold your camera. Good work.

That's wonderful for a mobile camera.

Thank you akhi. I wish I could post some more, however those snaps either have me or my friends in them, so it won't be appropriate to post them all here :( And unfortunately for you guys, I find them even more gorgeous than the ones posted.

Btw, I forgot to reply to the post you made earlier. The Lumix camera still does look like a chunk, I won't go for it. I need something more compact and sleeker. I told you I'm lazy :P

And you haven't told me which camera lens is better - Carl Zeiss or Nikor? or something else :donno: ? I sometimes feel that the cameras that we have today, the point and shoot ones, are almost just the same. The known brands like Canon, Nikon, Sony etc. I mean how different would the lens quality and other features be, when we're not talking of top the line SLRs? I don't think much different, just slightly so, if at all.

@YSIF: Why does a section of the fruit salad (right side of the pic) look like it's macaroni and shredded chicken?!

Edited by Inquisitor

Thank you akhi. I wish I could post some more, however those snaps either have me or my friends in them, so it won't be appropriate to post them all here :( And unfortunately for you guys, I find them even more gorgeous than the ones posted.

Btw, I forgot to reply to the post you made earlier. The Lumix camera still does look like a chunk, I won't go for it. I need something more compact and sleeker. I told you I'm lazy :P

And you haven't told me which camera lens is better - Carl Zeiss or Nikor? or something else :donno: ? I sometimes feel that the cameras that we have today, the point and shoot ones, are almost just the same. The known brands like Canon, Nikon, Sony etc. I mean how different would the lens quality and other features be, when we're not talking of top the line SLRs? I don't think much different, just slightly so, if at all.

@YSIF: Why does a section of the fruit salad (right side of the pic) look like it's macaroni and shredded chicken?!

Yeah, you are right even the new micro Four Thirds are still big to nicely fit in in the pocket. If you want to keep things simple just go for a simple point-to-shoot one.

Yes, they are not different from one another. I don't know much about this category of cameras really. But I have a Sony DSC-WX7. It comes with Carl Zeiss lens. I think you should also get one with the same lens.

Servidor's camera is better. The result is excellent for a point-to-shoot camera. It's Sony and it's with Carl Zeiss lens. He mentioned the model in one is his posts on the previous page. Go for it or find something equivalent in Canon's camera line. They are also great.

Edited by Marbles

Yes you are right. It is. It is the spicy version of the salad. We have two, the sweet one and a spicy one. Only found in Pakistan. I think.

They are beautiful Servidor. MASHALLAH

No Comment for my pics??? :cry:

I am sorry! I did not realise you were as self-conscious and insecure about the value or quality of what you do as I am.

I did like them, both really and via the forum's like function. Some of the pottery looked quite good as well. Dolls, handmade wood-work, pottery. I would pick some things up if I were ever in Pakistan (?).

Edited by Servidor

Servidor, thank you for being generous with your kind words. Believe me, I'm equally less deserving of them.

I think you and Marbles use the same Sony camera albeit yours is different by just .1 megapixel, otherwise the model seems to be the same, if I remember reading those posts correctly a few days ago. Those photos are nice, however this is the grudge I hold. Night photos are simply not as clear as the ones shot in the day, wouldn't you agree?

I usually get time during evenings or night, and it is that time when I see myself venturing out to shoot. It's almost imperative for me to have a camera that shoots amazingly well during dark hours. What would you recommend? Any tips on shooting in the dark, a good camera (point-and-shoot only) that you've come across which can capture high quality night photos..anything at all?

Servidor, thank you for being generous with your kind words. Believe me, I'm equally less deserving of them.

I think you and Marbles use the same Sony camera albeit yours is different by just .1 megapixel, otherwise the model seems to be the same, if I remember reading those posts correctly a few days ago.

No. You really are good. With the models, I think so as well. But Marbles says I have a superior lens.

Those photos are nice,

Hvala.

however this is the grudge I hold. Night photos are simply not as clear as the ones shot in the day, wouldn't you agree?

Agreed.

I usually get time during evenings or night, and it is that time when I see myself venturing out to shoot. It's almost imperative for me to have a camera that shoots amazingly well during dark hours. What would you recommend? Any tips on shooting in the dark, a good camera (point-and-shoot only) that you've come across which can capture high quality night photos..anything at all?

Honestly, none at all. I am very much amateur [albeit perfectionist] when it comes to photography. I wish I could help, but your question is better directed toward Marbles or the moderator Hajj [who gave some excellent and complex advice when it came to my problem with sunlight reflecting off of leaves and water some time ago].