Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
TIM_WESTWOOD

Your Own Captured Photos

Rate this topic

A bunch of roses from me to all you lovely shiachatters, may this year be the start of new beginnings and a year full of health, happiness, success and mostly importantly faith!

p.s - I put this picture on my instagram, don't think you guys are so special for me to have edited this picture just for this site!

430841_10151398622730775_134596332_n.jpg

@Sis DA4: The photo of the tree (sixth photo) is extremely pretty. Looks like it has been painted, very pretty sure.

@Wahdat: Where on earth do you live bro? Is that photo beautiful or what?!

I don't even have to talk about Marbs, no suprises his photos are always... :wub:

My drive to work last week:

2u6melf.jpg

15xkdjp.jpg

idel4o.jpg

My automobile would veer out of control at the slightest turn or brake. One time this almost made me crash into someone. He honked his horn at me (one of those long, drawn out honks), and had some choice adult words for me as well. As if it was MY fault that there was ZERO traction on the ICY, SNOWY roads that we were driving on. Jerk. For the rest of my drive I just hoped he would get into an accident and realize the fault of his ways.

Another time I almost slid into the guard rail.

My philosophy with regard to accidents is: there is a ranking system.

The worst accident is the one that totals your car and hospitalizes you.

The second worst is the one that just totals your car.

Then the ones where your car is just mildly damaged.

But the BEST accident is the one that just kills you right there on the spot.

So I wasn't in the mood for any of that stupid guardrail action. If i was going to get into an accident I wanted it to be epic.

Thanks. The photo is from montreal.... downtown if you can believe it. The entire (little) mountain is designed into a park by the same architect who designed central park in nyc.

Here is a view of city's skyline from the same hill/mont.

Mount_Royal_Montreal_Lookout.jpg

^ its from wiki

I never knew Montreal had buildings!

I never knew Montreal had buildings!

coming back from chicago i was like where did all the buildings go? downtown montreal felt all empty in comparison. but the beauty of urban planning in this city lies in the fact that no matter where in downtown you are you can get to this park/mountain within 15 minutes by walk where you'd be in absolute peace and away from hustle and bastle of the metropolitan..

coming back from chicago i was like where did all the buildings go? downtown montreal felt all empty in comparison. but the beauty of urban planning in this city lies in the fact that no matter where in downtown you are you can get to this park/mountain within 15 minutes by walk where you'd be in absolute peace and away from hustle and bastle of the metropolitan..

Yeah I remember that park. I went there once. Very beautiful.

What I don't remember is all the buildings.

Beautiful pictures, Servidor. The candelabrum is beautiful indeed and so are the rest of the hand carvings. That art may be dead in Western/developed countries but we have plenty of hand carved woodwork left here. But it's going out of business and fashion.

Anyway thanks for the pics. Enjoyed them.

I am not made of castles! That is the only one I know. Or do you mean you would like more of Dragica's? I shall be there for the last time on Sunday.

And fix your avatar.

You should show some examples of wood-work from Pakistan. I would love to see it. Would make a good next contribution.

I got them these. Not nuns, but good. Very good. Beautiful. From Sergiyev Posad.

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

Now the Russian Orthodox church.

I was uncertain whether to wait until I could get inside with just the priest

before posting photographs of the outside, but here they are.

I

It is a little piece of Russia on this island.

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

Even the sky looked Russian.

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

Have you visited any Russian Mosques? They are so unique, the ones in Russia.

Have you visited any Russian Mosques? They are so unique, the ones in Russia.

No. There are not many in Russia. Bosna i Hercegovina has very many. Especially in the North-Central area. There and Chechnya are the main places with large Slavic Muslim populations, though they are not Muslims in a way that would be acceptable or recognisable to most Muslims elsewhere. It also serves as an ethnic term in Bosnia since the Austro-Hungarians took over. Capital case Musliman or Muslimanka just means not a Serb or a Croat and speaks Bosanski. They celebrate Eid, have their marriages in mosques [if they marry from the Musliman] and usually have Muslim funerals - but otherwise they do not pray salaat, cannot read Arabic [and so the Qu'ran and ahadith literature], women do not wear the hijab, men drink liquor and they utterly love music and dancing.

And believe it or do not - those pictures are from Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia. Except the dolls.

I am not made of castles! That is the only one I know. Or do you mean you would like more of Dragica's? I shall be there for the last time on Sunday.

And fix your avatar.

Actually that St. George picture hanging in that castle added all that more class into that photo shoot I think. Its grand. So inspiring. Thats what I rather meant. Show us a bit more of your ancient, cultural and country-side things. ^^

Ah Russian churches. You can't mistake them with their onion-shaped domes. Quality captures, Servidor. Again, good work.

I'll show woodwork from here but I need to find out some good specimens and take pics. I don't have them at hand.

^ Beautiful landscape, there. The vastness of the place and that of the sky is overwhelming. Bare, simple, and natural. I envy you for the surroundings you've found yourself in, Servidor.

Msrbles, I have to qualify my like of your last contribution. Must you with the idols?

For the sake of art, sir, for the sake of art. All people pray to the Creator in their own way.

Thank you. The camera is brilliant.

Which camera do you use btw?

And which one do you use?

A combo of various mobile phone cameras and a Sony DSC-WX7 16.2 megapixels.

I still haven't invested in a good SLR so nothing proper yet. I plan to, though. . .

Awesome captures of the hills and the trees again. Kudos.

A Sony DSC-W630 Carl Zeiss Cybershot. 16.1 Megapixels for pictures, records at 720p.

It seems we aren't too far then but your camera quality is much superior by the looks of it. I thought you were carrying some fancy camera.

I see. Well if what you say is so - I worship my Creator by pounding images of demons to pieces with my splitting wedge.

Oh no :squeez:

I'm hoping you ain't trying a pull a Muhammad-at-Mecca act.

Awesome captures of the hills and the trees again. Kudos.

Again, my thanks. Or - hvala lijepo, as it is said in the Balkans.

It seems we aren't too far then but your camera quality is much superior by the looks of it. I thought you were carrying some fancy camera.

Fancy camera, I am not made of castles! And, your camera is apparently better. By .1 megapixel.

Oh no :squeez:

I'm hoping you ain't trying a pull a Muhammad-at-Mecca act.

Muhammed. My namesake smashed multiple temples down to their very foundations. Images and all - inside out. But I do wonder how you reconcile Muhammed's action with your pluralism. Obviously not for this thread though.

You have a debt of Pakistani wood-work in pictures owed to me.

your camera is apparently better. By .1 megapixel.

Technically yes. But it takes a lot more than pixel count to determine camera quality. Lens for one. None can beat Carl Zeiss!

You have a debt of Pakistani wood-work in pictures owed to me.

Sure I do. It's going to take a while though. I will get back to you whenever I have got something on me.

You keep up with the good captures meanwhile.

Edited by Marbles