Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
TIM_WESTWOOD

Your Own Captured Photos

Rate this topic

Marbles, Marbles, Marbles, everywhere I look it's Marbles.

I give up!

No, you don't!!

Eight people so far "liked" your beautiful pictures. It means your contributions have been acknowledged. Doesn't matter if they don't type out a new post.

Keep the pics coming.

^ Wonderful pics of Parachinar. I haven't seen this side of the city before. Who took these pics??

Have you been to Parachinar?

Parachinar has much more beautiful places but I could not find pictures on the internet. Next time when I go there I will upload them.

These photos are taken by somebody else. But its my village and 100% Shia populated area so I uploaded these pics for our brothers and sisters to visit this ignored place too.

Edited by fightingsoul001

Parachinar has much more beautiful places but I could not find pictures on the internet. Next time when I go there I will upload them.

These photos are taken by somebody else. But its my village and 100% Shia populated area so I uploaded these pics for our brothers and sisters to visit this ignored place too.

I have not been to Parachinar so far and a visit is unlikely any time soon given the safety situation there. But I'd love to visit one day especially after these wonderful pics you posted. I didn't know it was so beautiful, really.

Is your village inhabited by Turi Shias? Do you also belong to Turi tribe?

Now who wants to see some Muay Thai action :shifty:

*raises hand*

My aunt is from parachinar. The furthest i have been to is Gilgit, Skardu areas, which was a while ago.

I demand more photos from marbles

:D

I have plenty to keep you busy. So just watch this space ma'am!

Iran (2007)

Neshapur: The tomb of Persian poet, mathematician, astronomer and scientist, Omar Khayyam, the author of the famous Rubaiyat. It is situated in a beautiful garden.

100_0708.jpg

100_0718.jpg

Inside the structure. The 'dome':

100_0711.jpg

Tus: This is a heavily restored building of historical importance dating back from the Abbasid era. It's called Harooniyeh if I'm not mistaken. I forgot what it was famous for. Someday help if they know:

100_0968.jpg

100_0999.jpg

Mashhad: A monument to Iranian king Nadir Shah Afshar. The place boasts a museum and the king himself is buried here. Nadir Shah is famous for his battles and expansion of Persian empire as far as half of what is now Pakistan in the East and up to Georgia and Dagestan in North-West.

100_0872.jpg

I like how the king on horse is juxtaposed against the limitless sky:

100_0838.jpg

Near Mashhad: The mausoleum of Khwajeh Rabi ibn Haitham al-Asadi as–Thawri, a companion of Imam Ali. Imam Reza is said to have visited his shrine on more than one occasions. The building dates from 17th century during the time of Shah Abbas.

100_0894.jpg

100_0888.jpg

The vast compound of the shrine with a mosque and a public cemetry as well as a big book shop where I bought a collection of Ayatullah Khomeini's poetry, mostly poems in ghazal format, and found out that he (Khomeini) used "al-Hindi" as his nom de plume, referring to his Kashmiri roots.

100_0887.jpg

Edited by Marbles

Love the pictures Marbs. Very nice :wub:

That is mean. Not everyone knows about Scooby Doo, Scrabby Doo and the Mystery Machine.

The name of S[Edited Out]py Doo (la) must never be mentioned again. Everyone knows he was super gay.