Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
TIM_WESTWOOD

Your Own Captured Photos

Rate this topic

Guest Inaya

You can indeed cover a lot in a day with impeccable planning and time management but after having travelled quite a bit I now believe that you need a minimum of 3 days in a place/city to really get to know it well. Visiting monuments and famous sites is not all. A good traveller immerses herself in the culture and history of the place, mingles with the locals, goes off the beaten track if possible, and learns about the character of a place with all its idiosyncrasies. I can vouchsafe it's not a job everyone has a heart for; you need that deadly streak of adventure and curiosity running in you each and every vein.

I'm thinking of couch-surfing next time for a different and more intimate experience of a place.

Definitely. Iran's a great choice if you haven't already been there. Do visit places of historical and cultural importance after you're done with ziyarah. Many Shia folks just visit the shrines in Qom and Mashhad and roll back.

If it's not for ziyarah, I'd say keep Malaysia on the list. It's beautiful.

By the way did I post my Iran pics in here? (think I did a couple). You want some inspiration lol? :P

Yes, that's so true. There's so much to explore, so much to learn and experience. Those memories will last for a life time.

Yeh man, gotta make the most out of a trip :P yeah you have posted some before, but if you have more you didn't post, then post them!!! :realangery:

very close, its xc60. Oh did you hear how Volvo passed the latest crash tests? Other brands like bmw, mercedes and lexus failed it! LOL

Edited by wayfarer.

very close, its xc60. Oh did you hear how Volvo passed the latest crash tests? Other brands like bmw, mercedes and lexus failed it! LOL

Not surprised. This particular XC has long been touted as one of the best family vehicle.

I hear its pretty decent off road as well.

I hear its pretty decent off road as well.

Absolutely, it also has 9.1 inches of ground clearance which is perfect for off road driving. Initially, it was tough to decide between this and the Audi q5 but after test driving the xc60 and getting a feel of the rock solid chassis, the q5 felt like a toyota corolla when compared to this.

Accura MDX and NIssan murano are also good but when viewing the Volvo, it was love @ first sight!

Edited by wayfarer.

Marbles have you ever came to India?

Which city?

I have not.

Inshallah one day.

Trust me I won't come on a boat through Bombay harbour :P

Yes, that's so true. There's so much to explore, so much to learn and experience. Those memories will last for a life time.

Yeh man, gotta make the most out of a trip :P yeah you have posted some before, but if you have more you didn't post, then post them!!! :realangery:

Yes I have many more from Iran. I will post them in due time. Watch this space!

Some pictures of my babies. Pictures were taken from a [Edited Out]py cell phone, so apologies for their quality.

Since these pictures were taken, there has been an addition to the family. The white mare seen above has given birth to a beautiful bay foal mashallah. :)

Awesome horses doobs. What d'you keep 'em for? Where were the pics taken if you don't mind saying?

hey Hot Hot, had i known a fellow shiachatter was living in Mumbai , I would have definitely met you 2 yrs ago when I was there for work. My residence was near Fortis hospital, near goregaon link road , ghatkopar.

Awesome horses doobs. What d'you keep 'em for? Where were the pics taken if you don't mind saying?

Nothing in particular...just a hobby. My family has been breeding horses for a really long while.

Recently we have been trying to breed some polo ponies.

I'll make it interesting for you....picture were taken in an area renowned for its citrus. :)

Love to see this thread gaining life. The hard work's paying off ha!

@ geek - nice shots dude. Did you have a sajji-led dinner at your bro's wedding? Great stuff. I'm inspired.

What about Bilal Daewoo? :lol:

Dang, paid attention to this thread for the first time, some awesome shots people.

Lol wut? You couldn't possibly have missed it for such a long time!

I took the pics of Colosseum in Rome from the same point. Guess you only capture the ruin fully from just across the metro stop innit?

Great pics. Post more. Keep 'em coming.

Aerial views through the window are just uffff. Love the transition from day to night. The night view is the best. :wub:

Aerial views through the window are just uffff. Love the transition from day to night. The night view is the best. :wub:

You sure do love them. :mellow: