Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
TIM_WESTWOOD

Your Own Captured Photos

Rate this topic

Nice shot of the Blue Mosque in the background, wayfarer.

Thanks Marbles. What type of camera did you use for capturing your ferry pics & other pics? The quality is awesome. I captured mine with my cell phone, iPhone 4.

Edit: pics were taken with iphone and not samsung

Edited by wayfarer.

^ yep. Hardees Lahore.

Oye yaar is it true that Hardees burgers at Lahore outlets have shrinked in size? Their Swiss mushroom thickburger used to be big enough even for a petoo like me but now they seem to have started making baby burgers?

There's been a size reduction in Hardees outlet here in the City of Saints too.

Thanks Marbles. What type of camera did you use for capturing your ferry pics & other pics? The quality is awesome. I captured mine with my cell phone, iPhone 4.

Edit: pics were taken with iphone and not samsung

It's Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX7 16.2 MP - a good enough standard camera for average photographer and easy to handle.

I am looking to invest in a good camera you know, a DSLR, which is heavy like a brick and sharp like a woman's eye.

Swiss mushroom is the only i eat there too. but I didn't notice any size reduction. I had it yesterday and didn't feel to eat more till morning ;)

I have not eaten Hardees in Lahore for months but their branch here in my city is doing somewhat smaller burgers. Swiss mushroom is the only one I eat too (isn't it blissful?) but a Lahori friend who also ate here in my city said the burgers have reduced in size everywhere. I hope the ones in Lahore are the same. Hopefully will see when I am in Lahore next time. You wanna invite me over for the dinner at Hardees? :P

Man I think I just checked out this thread for the first time, Marbles you post a lot of epic pics man!

And I thought you regularly check this thread but don't like any of my pics :dry: lol j/k

Yeah man mostly pics from my travels and some random stuff whatever I fancy.

This thread was nearly dying. I resurrected it.

Edited by Marbles

I have long waited to date you even gave you my cell and spoke with you. But you don't trust me enough or what ;) - I am never scared of any of the guys online because I know we are all the same breed. 'sissy'. ;)

LOL

I remember we talked on phone yes. It was quite some time ago. And then I went abroad yaar. Now that I am here and you have appeared on SC again, let's set up a meeting inshallah. What say?

I didn't think you were scared of simple looking me :shaytan:

Guest Inaya

Amazing pics Inaya........Love em.......Quite fascinated by the architecture.

Yeah, it's really stunning. I regret being too lazy to take more pictures lol

I forgot we also visited Palau de la Musica, but we weren't allowed to take pictures inside. It's really one of the most beautiful interiors I've ever seen.

Not my own picture, but it's just so beautifully designed, you gotta see it.

19580001_10_1_0_peq.jpg

I wonder it because you are Paki you got visa

Incredible

Pakistanis aren't banned from travelling internationally.

Visas have become increasingly difficult to get due to all the obvious problems but if you have education, property and $$$, you get visas.

I have an impeccable immigration history and so far I have never ever been refused a visa to anywhere, Allah be praised.

There is nothing incredible about it.

@ Inaya,

Some really nice shots here. The view from atop the hill after your scariest bus ride is magnanimous. Barcelona is known for its architecture. Awesome pics. I went to Spain but couldn't make it to Barcelona. What a shame.

Paris pics are very nice esp the views from up the Eiffel. What is this Church in the last two pics do you remember?

Wanna see some of my pics of the Eiffel and from up the Eiffel?

^^^I've never seen a lake in the south before... Where is that exactly? The pines are in Jarjou3 yeah? A small Christian village... Correct?

I think so. We started our road trip from Beirut all the way north to Hermel, then down to Baalbak, Zahle, Marjeyun and to Tyre. We also went to the Palestine borders. I forgot what the place is called but it was an army camp site visit and the buildings were destroyed...it also had an ocean view. I'll post the pictures soon!

Ok, inspired by Inaya's Paris pics, I am posting some old pics of mine (2008)

Views of the Eiffel and from up the Eiffel, River Seine and Paris Skyline.

Hope you can see as these are old uploads. Let me know if you don't and I will upload them anew. These are taken from the good old phone Nokia N73 but I think they are of good enough quality no?

372.jpg

272.jpg

282.jpg

12.jpg

412.jpg

532.jpg

562.jpg

14.jpg

512.jpg

Ok Marbles :)

I better get my old Kuwait pics out and post em here. Ahhh!! Old memories.

Yes please, you better do. Show us some of Kuwait.

Damn my girl. got her 2 months back

Congratulations on completing half of your manhood, mashallah. VVTI Oriel 1.8?

Guest Inaya

I will urge everyone to add a caption to their pictures. Identify the building, monuments, rivers and places so those of us who don't know can learn.

Oii sorry forgot to add them, I can't edit my post anymore but I'll describe here..

The last picture is the Notre Dame. The other monument with the gold dome is The Invalides, Napoleon's tombe lies there (very big tombe compared to his size). It was built for wounded homeless soldiers, but it also has three museums.

I had many more pictures of Paris, also of the Sacre Coeur but I've lost them. Climbed all the way up there and went in, very peaceful, very impressive. Really worth visiting if you love architecture and history.

Maybe I should just go again and make proper pictures this time :donno:

Oii sorry forgot to add them, I can't edit my post anymore but I'll describe here..

The other monument with the gold dome is The Invalides, Napoleon's tombe lies there (very big tombe compared to his size). It was built for wounded homeless soldiers, but it also has three museums.

I had many more pictures of Paris, also of the Sacre Coeur but I've lost them. Climbed all the way up there and went in, very peaceful, very impressive. Really worth visiting if you love architecture and history.

You lost the pics? Noooo. Pics are like nuggets from your life :no: [/primadona]

Thank you for the description. There's so much to experience in Paris. I had only one day unfortunately and so didn't get to see much. I don't think I visited the place with Napoleon's tomb. Next time, chance permitting.

The last picture is the Notre Dame.

I suspected. This one right?

572.jpg

122.jpg

Maybe I should just go again and make proper pictures this time :donno:

Yes please CLICK

Guest Inaya

You lost the pics? Noooo. Pics are like nuggets from your life :no: [/primadona]

Thank you for the description. There's so much to experience in Paris. I had only one day unfortunately and so didn't get to see much. I don't think I visited the place with Napoleon's tomb. Next time, chance permitting.

Yes please CLICK

Yeah, I was just a kid back then. Didn't realise the value these will have some day :P

I went a only day too, we left 5 am and arrived at 10, arrived back home after midnight. Very exhausting, but if planned well you can easily visit all these places in one day.

Yes, that's the Notre Dame.

Man, I should save for a bigger trip instead. Somewhere overseas, Iran sounds good atm, Insha'Allah khair.

I went a only day too, we left 5 am and arrived at 10, arrived back home after midnight. Very exhausting, but if planned well you can easily visit all these places in one day.

You can indeed cover a lot in a day with impeccable planning and time management but after having travelled quite a bit I now believe that you need a minimum of 3 days in a place/city to really get to know it well. Visiting monuments and famous sites is not all. A good traveller immerses herself in the culture and history of the place, mingles with the locals, goes off the beaten track if possible, and learns about the character of a place with all its idiosyncrasies. I can vouchsafe it's not a job everyone has a heart for; you need that deadly streak of adventure and curiosity running in you each and every vein.

I'm thinking of couch-surfing next time for a different and more intimate experience of a place.

Man, I should save for a bigger trip instead. Somewhere overseas, Iran sounds good atm, Insha'Allah khair.

Definitely. Iran's a great choice if you haven't already been there. Do visit places of historical and cultural importance after you're done with ziyarah. Many Shia folks just visit the shrines in Qom and Mashhad and roll back.

If it's not for ziyarah, I'd say keep Malaysia on the list. It's beautiful.

By the way did I post my Iran pics in here? (think I did a couple). You want some inspiration lol? :P