Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
TIM_WESTWOOD

Your Own Captured Photos

Rate this topic

marbles the pic of benches and corridor in your holland set are a nice example of adding depth in 2 dimensional pic.

and no "grasshopper" pics? if you know what i mean..lol

btw if you are looking into a camera system these new micro4/3 are amazingly small you can literally fit them in your pocket ( with a pancake lens)

look into oly ep range and the lumix gf2/3, i personally am a fan of panasonic...the nice thing aobut the micro 4/3 is you can adapt just aobut any lens to it ( think old heaxagon and rokkors which can be had for really cheap) the pic of the moon that i posted was shot with an old kiron zoom that i bought for $7 on a micro 4/3

anyways good stuff

Edited by No body

marbles the pic of benches and corridor in your holland set are a nice example of adding depth in 2 dimensional pic.

and no "grasshopper" pics? if you know what i mean..lol

btw if you are looking into a camera system these new micro4/3 are amazingly small you can literally fit them in your pocket ( with a pancake lens)

look into oly ep range and the lumix gf2/3, i personally am a fan of panasonic...the nice thing aobut the micro 4/3 is you can adapt just aobut any lens to it ( think old heaxagon and rokkors which can be had for really cheap) the pic of the moon that i posted was shot with an old kiron zoom that i bought for $7 on a micro 4/3

anyways good stuff

Thanks for the word.

I saw your moon pic and 'twas absolutely stunning. Meant to ask about the cam but slipped my mind. Thanks you said it yourself.

I am looking to invest in a good machine and I will keep your suggestions in mind when doing that. I am still a novice by a big margin.

Omg, the Iran pics :wub: I lost all of mine :(

Wha'? How could you?? :no:

Wow!! Absolutely beautiful! Where is this?

Thank you. I know - it is so unspeakably beautiful. I could scarcely take a poor picture of this place.

It is in Australia. In New South Wales, a little town in the Upper Hunter valley, in Murra County. Most beautiful place on this island. Cold too. Because we live over four hundred metres above sea-level. Under a mountain. And a mountain chain is fifty or so kilometres across from us as the crow flies. We are encircled by hills so that they funnel in the wind with the taste and touch of snow blown from the face of the mountains.

It snows some times down here as well.

And I can take more.

Edited by Servidor

Thank you. I know - it is so unspeakably beautiful. I could scarcely take a poor picture of this place.

It is in Australia. In New South Wales, a little town in the Upper Hunter valley, in Murra County. Most beautiful place on this island. Cold too. Because we live over four hundred metres above sea-level. Under a mountain. And a mountain chain is fifty or so kilometres across from us as the crow flies. We are encircled by hills so that they funnel in the wind with the taste and touch of snow from the face of the mountains. It snows some times down here as well.

Your pictures were amazing, looks like a lovely place ^_^

The outside is very nice Servidor, my old foe, I bet it's the inside of your quarters that's all junked up... Long time no see, did you become a saint yet?

A vile sinner and a hypocrite for certain.

The inside actually is in an "aged" state of repair. The building is nearly a hundred years old (like eight or so years off). I ought to have taken a picture of the commemoratory plaque as well.

Good to see you. Have been meaning to get back to you since I saw you left an unkind comment on my profile.

so you're another fella from good'ol Woop Woop

"Woop Woop"? Western Australia is Woop Woop. The Northern Territory is Woop Woop. This is the Highlands with sun. I repeat - Most beautiful place on this island.

Servidor, some of your shots seem a bit hazy. Have you tried cleaning the lens?

No. It could be the lens. If it is the pictures taken by the river, I think it was the sun; the way it hits leaves and water. I shall try better if I try again.

Great shots, servidor.

Thank you.

More?

No. It could be the lens. If it is the pictures taken by the river, I think it was the sun; the way it hits leaves and water. I shall try better if I try again.

You could try a lens hood, for the glare. For overall sharpness try closing down the lens to a higher f value. The compromise would be a slower shutter speed (stand very still / use a tripod?), or higher ISO rating (risk of increasing graininess).

Personally I think it would be interesting to crouch a bit lower and get that bridge out of the pic completely. Perhaps also move a bit to the right or left to have the stream moving diagonally across the pic.

Beautiful pics.

Thank you.

Talking of Vatican, these are some pics for you, Servidor, from a couple of days ago:

Thank you. Rome itself. Rome. She can be the princess clothed in purple with the gold slippers - or Babylon itself.

How I long to enter the city of martyrs. I would spurn the light of day and go deep into the catacombs. Spurn the light of day - for the light of Heaven. There there are lights brighter than the sun and as many as the stars. More truly in Heaven than either.

Tomb of Pope Pius (I forgot the number). Can you read the inscription at the base of the figure in the background?

The one under the man kneeling in prayer? No. It is too far away. Even in a separate tab zoomed in I could not read it. If you can and you really want to know - type out what it says and post it. Then I can translate it for you.

Edited by Servidor

I had more to post, but the forum is glitching. Things italicized that I did not italicize. Words spaced further apart than I intended; some missing; some smaller.

Perhaps I shall try again another day.

I had more to post, but the forum is glitching. Things italicized that I did not italicize. Words spaced further apart than I intended; some missing; some smaller.

Perhaps I shall try again another day.

(bismillah)

(salam)

ShiaChat went through another update on August 6. There are a few bugs to be worked out.

The one under the man kneeling in prayer? No. It is too far away. Even in a separate tab zoomed in I could not read it. If you can and you really want to know - type out what it says and post it. Then I can translate it for you.

I sorry. I resized the picture to fit into SC window. I checked the inscription in full size. It is still not very clear but I will try. Pardom the errors.

PIVS (missing text) - BRASCKIVS - CARSENAS

(some words missing)ORATE(or)I - PRO - LO (10?)

I am not sure about the emboldened letters. I know, not very helpful. I still haven't invested in a camera to speak of :blush:

The missing text is caused by the end of the sculpted robe falling over and covering the inscription. I think it was delibrate.

How I long to enter the city of martyrs. I would spurn the light of day and go deep into the catacombs. Spurn the light of day - for the light of Heaven. There there are lights brighter than the sun and as many as the stars. More truly in Heaven than either.

I got robbed in the city of saints...like literally. Such sacred place and such vile acts by those who are fortunate enough to be there.

Still glitching.

For Marbles, believe it or do not - I actually enjoy reading funerary inscriptions. Particularly from the first to the fourth century Anno Domini. To pray for those who ask. I even have mine for when I fall asleep in Christ to go to my fathers. It is inspired by a woman's from Gaul.

PIVS (missing text) - BRASCKIVS - CARSENAS

(some words missing)ORATE(or)I - PRO - LO (10?)

Pivs - is a name. So must be Brasckivs - but I suspect you have this wrong. Or he is a barbarian. So too Carsenas - I do not know this word and have never heard this name. I have heard one similar, a pious Frankish queen who was from Gothic royalty. Orate would be the imperative plural of orare - so: [you readers] Pray. Pro Lo - the preposition pro means "for" and so Lo must be an abbreviation for whomever it is that wishes to be prayed for, unless the stone is in a poor state of repair.

Edited by Servidor