Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
TIM_WESTWOOD

Your Own Captured Photos

Rate this topic

(salam)

Bruce Peninsula National Park, Ontario (Canada)

The GrottoEveryone hikes to the Grotto. It’s the most popular attraction in Bruce Peninsula National Park. A big cave on the shore, it was carved out by the waves of Georgian Bay over thousands of years. From the Bruce Trail climb down through the natural chimney in the rock of the Niagara Escarpment. It’s a pristine setting; there are no signs, lights, stairs or handrails here. The cave itself is stunning, with sunlight from the outside revealing a brilliant underwater tunnel on the inside. You can walk along a ledge inside its cavity or swim in its cool, clear, turquoise water. 

post-19560-0-87138000-1372776154_thumb.j

post-19560-0-41130900-1372775941_thumb.j

Wassalam

Beautiful pictures floating. Looks like Paradise.

Thanks jamal :D

It is paradise indeed. I would love to just sit and read a book under a tree.

Its an artificial rainforest. They have very high sprinkers to keep it moist while the other part of the park mimicks the usual australian outback with its harsh desert like environment. Very pretty :wub:

Miscellaneous photographs that were on my camera. My interest in taking photographs ebbed and I stopped taking it with me everywhere. A shame. As I have been many places and seen many things where I actually said to those who were with me that I wished I had my camera.

These are the last ones from the Serbian monastery. There was a small lake I used to go to when there were too many visitors and I did not have something that I needed to do.

DSC01350_zps5bc153b3.jpg

DSC01357_zps33321552.jpg

DSC01358_zps1ec66c5d.jpg

DSC01362_zpsedb95908.jpg

DSC01369_zpsc78a71f0.jpg

This is the church of the holy Alypius. In here is the tomb of staretz Nicanor who came from Hilandar monastery (the Serbian monastery on Mount Athos) to Australia on a mission of peace and reconciliation after the Soviet era had divided the Serbian Orthodox and whose corporal remains were interred here at his own specifying when he fell asleep in Christ. I have ascertained two miracles that occurred here at his tomb, both malignant cancer cured through his intercession at this place.

How I miss this place. I was able to pray in here whenever I liked; during the day and all night; it was as good as mine. At night the lamps light up the faces of the Saints in the Icons - so that they are like the stars in a night-sky within walls. You enter at night and you know nothing is impossible; no sin too great, no prognosis so certain, no relative so far from the Church. God grant to me that I shall see it for one night more.

DSC01372_zps30dc0ca7.jpg

Back in Newcastle.

DSC01421_zps9434b86a.jpg

DSC01430_zpsc774e0f9.jpg

From a different day at a different beach.

DSC01472_zps67b54cf3.jpg

DSC01489_zpse7e847fc.jpg

DSC01491_zpse840f68f.jpg

DSC01497_zpsbc360574.jpg

My older brother, according to the flesh, had this.

DSC01513_zps50e70f5c.jpg

Aside from the flag, the most Ukrainian nationalistic item in the household - came from Canada.  :rolleyes:

Goes back to our argument over whether Ukrainian nationalism is not a recent phenomena promoted and abetted by the United States and United Nations, and more fierce in the diaspora than Ukraine itself, to ensure disunity after the dissolution of the Soviet Union when historically it was all Rus - White Russia, Russia Russia and Little Russia (Ukraine). Ukrainian not intended to be a national or ethnic marker separating us from Russians anymore than Muscovite or country-boy.

But I go on, and I have no more photographs.

Edited by Servidor

Miscellaneous photographs that were on my camera. My interest in taking photographs ebbed and I stopped taking it with me everywhere. A shame. As I have been many places and seen many things where I actually said to those who were with me that I wished I had my camera.