Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
TIM_WESTWOOD

Your Own Captured Photos

Rate this topic

More photographs.

None of the inside of the garrison. We shall leave those until Violently_Happy is allowed off his time-out.

[I] Two bigger horses closer to the train station than I like -

SAM_2624.jpg

They like me - or carrots rather.

[iI] The river seen from the bridge on the main street -

SAM_2511.jpg

[iII] That hill I like -

SAM_2512.jpg

Levavi ocvlos meos in montes vnde veniet avxilivm mihi.

Avxilivm mevm a Domino qvi fecit caelvm et terram.

I have lifted up my eyes to the hills from whence my help comes.

My help is from the Lord Who made heaven and earth.

[iV] The hill seen between bare trees -

SAM_2518.jpg

[V] Glinting water seen from a bridge -

SAM_2516.jpg

See the trees by the running river, as the prophet says of the just man -

Et erit tamqvam lignvm qvod plantatvm est secvs decvrsvs aqvarvm

qvod frvctvm svvm dabit in tempore svo et folivm eivs non deflvet.

And he shall be like a tree which is planted near the running waters,

which shall bring forth it's fruit, in due season. And his leaf shall not fall off.

[VI] The river seen from a different, heritage listed, bridge -

SAM_2521.jpg

SAM_2523.jpg

SAM_2525.jpg

[VII] The water as it falls, poured over the rocks -

SAM_2529.jpg

[VIII] The river seen on the ground, feet in the water, at the ford -

SAM_2531.jpg

SAM_2532.jpg

SAM_2533.jpg

[iX] The river under that heritage listed bridge, seen from the ground -

SAM_2534.jpg

[X] I was trying to take a picture of an eagle; a happy failure -

SAM_2561.jpg

Caeli enarrant gloriam Dei

et opera manvvm eivs annvntiat firmamentvm.

Dies diei ervctat verbvm

et nox nocti indicat scientiam.

Non svnt loqvelae neqve sermones

qvorvm non avdiantvr voces eorvm.

In omnem terram exivit sonvs eorvm

et in fines orbis terrae verba eorvm.

The skies tell the glory of God,

and the firmament declares the work of His Hands.

Day to day utters speech,

and night to night shows knowledge.

There are no speeches nor languages,

where their voices are not heard.

Their sound has gone forth into all the earth:

and their words unto the ends of the world.

Edited by Servidor

Servidor, some of your shots seem a bit hazy. Have you tried cleaning the lens?

No. It could be the lens. If it is the pictures taken by the river, I think it was the sun; the way it hits leaves and water. I shall try better if I try again.

Great shots, servidor.

Thank you.

More?

No. It could be the lens. If it is the pictures taken by the river, I think it was the sun; the way it hits leaves and water. I shall try better if I try again.

You could try a lens hood, for the glare. For overall sharpness try closing down the lens to a higher f value. The compromise would be a slower shutter speed (stand very still / use a tripod?), or higher ISO rating (risk of increasing graininess).

Personally I think it would be interesting to crouch a bit lower and get that bridge out of the pic completely. Perhaps also move a bit to the right or left to have the stream moving diagonally across the pic.

We used to own all the way to the hills, but there was this second council at the Vatican. Now there there are dragons and barbarians

Beautiful pics.

Talking of Vatican, these are some pics for you, Servidor, from a couple of days ago:

St. Peter's Basilica.

The sun was blazing at 36 C at the shadeless square, just above the basilica. So pardon the 'heated' pics.

337.jpg

Let's go inside. Just a small queue to work through:

360.jpg

Finally inside:

374.jpg

Marvelling at the beauty of the interior. The ceiling blew my hat away. Not that I was allowed to keep it on.

375.jpg

376.jpg

Tomb of Apostle Peter, the disciple of Jesus Christ, recognised as the first Pope. It may be controversial to say but this tomb and this site has Islamic value, particularly among the Shia, by virtue of the burial place of the first "Imam" of the Jesus.

407.jpg

399.jpg

St. Peter's Square:

482.jpg

The road leading up to St. Peter's Square. The Basilica is set in the middle. Again, the sun.

498.jpg

The architectural marvel of Bernini(?) - It's too Roman to miss.

331.jpg

Beneath the Basilica lie the tombs of previous Popes and important figures. This one is the tomb of Pope Paul II (reigned 1464-1471)

464.jpg

Tomb of Pope Pius (I forgot the number). Can you read the inscription at the base of the figure in the background?

471.jpg

Beautiful pics.

Thank you.

Talking of Vatican, these are some pics for you, Servidor, from a couple of days ago:

Thank you. Rome itself. Rome. She can be the princess clothed in purple with the gold slippers - or Babylon itself.

How I long to enter the city of martyrs. I would spurn the light of day and go deep into the catacombs. Spurn the light of day - for the light of Heaven. There there are lights brighter than the sun and as many as the stars. More truly in Heaven than either.

Tomb of Pope Pius (I forgot the number). Can you read the inscription at the base of the figure in the background?

The one under the man kneeling in prayer? No. It is too far away. Even in a separate tab zoomed in I could not read it. If you can and you really want to know - type out what it says and post it. Then I can translate it for you.

Edited by Servidor

I had more to post, but the forum is glitching. Things italicized that I did not italicize. Words spaced further apart than I intended; some missing; some smaller.

Perhaps I shall try again another day.

I had more to post, but the forum is glitching. Things italicized that I did not italicize. Words spaced further apart than I intended; some missing; some smaller.

Perhaps I shall try again another day.

(bismillah)

(salam)

ShiaChat went through another update on August 6. There are a few bugs to be worked out.

The one under the man kneeling in prayer? No. It is too far away. Even in a separate tab zoomed in I could not read it. If you can and you really want to know - type out what it says and post it. Then I can translate it for you.

I sorry. I resized the picture to fit into SC window. I checked the inscription in full size. It is still not very clear but I will try. Pardom the errors.

PIVS (missing text) - BRASCKIVS - CARSENAS

(some words missing)ORATE(or)I - PRO - LO (10?)

I am not sure about the emboldened letters. I know, not very helpful. I still haven't invested in a camera to speak of :blush:

The missing text is caused by the end of the sculpted robe falling over and covering the inscription. I think it was delibrate.

How I long to enter the city of martyrs. I would spurn the light of day and go deep into the catacombs. Spurn the light of day - for the light of Heaven. There there are lights brighter than the sun and as many as the stars. More truly in Heaven than either.

I got robbed in the city of saints...like literally. Such sacred place and such vile acts by those who are fortunate enough to be there.