Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
TIM_WESTWOOD

Your Own Captured Photos

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, Jaabir said:

Only people who enjoy suffering are Habs fans.

My team lost by 5+ goals so I was just about the only one out of 21,000 people in the building who was suffering. :'(

Abbas went to give an entrance exam to my brother's old school. Overlooking it is St. Paul's Cathedral:

IMG_0581.thumb.jpg.cfa4b31af89391f69946a08f5eeaef39.jpg

On a path by the building I found this:

IMG_0589.thumb.jpg.2d8287f376944260094713db7e5e3593.jpg

It's the poet John Donne and it brought back fond memories of school.

As 15 year olds, we'd been studying his poem, 'A valediction forbidding mourning', which has the following famous lines. The metaphor is that of a compass and its two feet.

Someone in the class thought the reference was to a compass which you use for finding direction, we ribbed him mercilessly after that. That was the sort of high-class bullying we used to have.

If they be two, they are two so 
   As stiff twin compasses are two; 
Thy soul, the fixed foot, makes no show 
   To move, but doth, if the other do. 

And though it in the center sit, 
   Yet when the other far doth roam, 
It leans and hearkens after it, 
   And grows erect, as that comes home. 

Such wilt thou be to me, who must, 
   Like th' other foot, obliquely run; 
Thy firmness makes my circle just, 
   And makes me end where I begun.
Edited by Haji 2003

@AnaAmmar1

You captured a spectacular view Mash'Allah.  Your country is beautiful, what a moment to witness.

Is it expensive to travel in your country?

In Lebanon, if we want to go skiing it would easily cost $100 per person, considering all expenses.  So obviously we don't take this as a hobby, since I have a family.

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

On 1/15/2019 at 2:31 AM, Laayla said:

@AnaAmmar1

You captured a spectacular view Mash'Allah.  Your country is beautiful, what a moment to witness.

Is it expensive to travel in your country?

In Lebanon, if we want to go skiing it would easily cost $100 per person, considering all expenses.  So obviously we don't take this as a hobby, since I have a family.

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

I think Pakistan is quite cheap if a person knows how to travel properly. I recently made a solo bike trip to some of the northern areas and it costed me less than 200$ for 7 days. I will post more details about my trip in a separate thread/post.

This is what the exposure was supposed to be:

IMG_9977.thumb.jpg.c3a83518072d66cd334dffd330dece38.jpg

My camera is permanently set to a fully manual setting. By mistake I had the ISO left at 5000 and got this in an eariier attempt:

IMG_9976.thumb.jpg.3158d0d1e1b590111f9fb7251fd9a271.jpg

Just noticed that this is an effect that may be worth going after deliberately. Overexposure has washed out the floor and walls, but the redness of the cup is still there.

Foster and Partners were doing a workshop at the local Apple store. The picture in the background is Maryam's. Made using Apple's ProCreate software.

Norman Foster designed Hong Kong airport and the HSBC hq (which I may have posted pics of here previously). I first encountered his design at Cranfield University, where they did the library.

IMG_1498.thumb.JPG.84cfbd353cde1d742daa1598e1032b70.JPG

Edited by Haji 2003

6 hours ago, noorihussain.x said:

Pretty flowers from a garden I went to earlier :love:

Did you smell them?

I believe that kind of flower has a very nice scent, like cinnamon-ish smell, I have some in my balcony but only some of the colors smell, I have light pink ones who don’t smell and red ones who do smell.

5 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Did you smell them?

I believe that kind of flower has a very nice scent, like cinnamon-ish smell, I have some in my balcony but only some of the colors smell, I have light pink ones who don’t smell and red ones who do smell.

Yes I did!

They had a very fresh but light smell. Hmm I don't know about the cinnamon-ish smell, they honestly just smelt floral, it wasn’t any distinguished smell as far as I remember. 

In the spirit of Eid ul Adha-  presenting the antique meat cutter from Afghanistan 

rps20190813_130825_947.thumb.jpg.5f148da240df83a3111e8b0b6c9ed838.jpg

I wish I could take a clearer picture but kids were just jumping from one exhibit to the next trying to cover the museum as quickly as possible so they could go for ice creams.