Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

if you were NOT born into shi'ism

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

If u wer born into sunni'sm, christianity, judaism, hinduism..etc...do u (HONESTLY) think u would give shi'ism a second look?

and IF u think you would..please specify wat would be the cause of ur initial interest..example would it be Quran...Hadis...a certain figure (like Bibi Fatima as) or muhurram etc etc...

im curious....

JK

• Advanced Member
If u wer born into sunni'sm, christianity, judaism, hinduism..etc...do u (HONESTLY) think u would give shi'ism a second look?

and IF u think you would..please specify wat would be the cause of ur initial interest..example would it be Quran...Hadis...a certain figure (like Bibi Fatima as) or muhurram etc etc...

im curious....

JK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting topic... But I have a question... What makes you so sure that Shia'sim is the right path?

I am not taking a side on the issue, I am just wondering what your response would be to that question. :angel:

• Advanced Member
Interesting topic... But I have a question... What makes you so sure that Shia'sim is the right path?

I am not taking a side on the issue, I am just wondering what your response would be to that question. :angel:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

considering his name as shiaextremist.....i think he is shia and isnt doubting shiism. the question is just to see if u were born to a diff sect, namely sunnism, would u convert?

• Advanced Member

I was born without religion, really. I hated Islam when I was in middle/high school and almost converted to Christianity, but something held me back. Then in college, I was hardcore wahabbi, then just sunni, and then became shi'a alhamdullilah. So in some ways, I do consider myself a convert even though my parents are shia. They didn't teach me anything about religion and told me that ALL religions are acceptable.

And it wasn't any ONE thing that caused me to become shi'a. But Bibi Fatima (as) had a LOT to do with it.

Wasalaam

Edited by Path2Felicity

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Lived most of my life in a Sunni environment. Didn't know what Shia Sunni was. Learned proper Shiaism stuff in 2000. Before that I was pretty much Sunni, though I called my self "Muslim". I just basically went where the environment took me ;). But I don't think living in any other environment now will change me.

Edited by Ali_Imran

Guest SayedM'sSister

(bismillah)

(salam)

Lived most of my life in a Sunni environment. Didn't know what Shia Sunni was. Learned proper Shiaism stuff in 2000. Before that I was pretty much Sunni, though I called my self "Muslim". I just basically went where the environment took me ;). But I don't think living in any other environment now will change me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

that is exactly how i lived my life, but not like a sunni, just like a non muslim who called herself muslim and fasted...and didnt chew gum in something called "ashura" but had no idea what that even was. I lived like somebody with no religioun until my brother found it, and it spread threwout the family.

(salam)

Guest SayedM'sSister

(salam)

^is he really ur son or where u joking, or what? :S sorry a bit confused, and btw the older pic is goodlooking except for the eyes which are a bit big...

wasalam

(salam)

^is he really ur son or where u joking, or what? :S sorry a bit confused, and btw the older pic is goodlooking except for the eyes which are a bit big...

wasalam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Little sister,

I ask you to please look at the older picture again, if you think he is good looking please show the picture to your mother and get her opinion. And know the second picture is not my son. :P

Peace

Saty

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea Exactly I Was Like Im Muslim That All I Knew I Didint Know About Imams ahlul bayt Muharram

(salam)

that is exactly how i lived my life, but not like a sunni, just like a non muslim who called herself muslim and fasted...and didnt chew gum in something called "ashura" but had no idea what that even was. I lived like somebody with no religioun until my brother found it, and it spread threwout the family. (salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly! My Big Bro Taught Me To Pray Taught Me Sura's From Quran Told Me About Imam's Ahlul Bayt Etc.. First Time I Went To Husainiya I Was About 5 Or 6 For Muharram Then Lost Touch Until I Turned Around 12 Then Started Going Husaniya Etc.. Again But We Alway's Went To The Mosque

• Advanced Member

I picked the second option. If I were say, born a Sunni or a non-Muslim, it would help if I had Shia friends or a local Shia masjid that could educate me about Shi'ism. It would all make sense to me and of course I would convert!

Guest SayedM'sSister
Little sister,

I ask you to please look at the older picture again, if you think he is good looking please show the picture to your mother and get her opinion. And know the second picture is not my son. :P

Peace

Saty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he was!!!! i think he was :cry: everybody is beautiful!!! you have to be nice!

Guest iraqi_jewel

Salamwalkuim

I always knew when saying i am muslim that i am shia and i know why

i knew the difference between shia and sunnii

between other religions and all not because i taught myself but when i was younger i was always into religion and all

And also because my dad is a religious guy you know and he is always there and taught almost everything me and my brothers

and then comming from a very religious family my uncle taught me lots of surat from the quran and talked to me about everything and used to tell us stories and everything

so no alhamduallah i knew tht when saying i am muslim wht the reason was

wht muharram was wht eid was and all

but i do wish my brothers would learn more about islam and be more more religious then they are now

fi amin Allah

peace to the middle east

iraq-jewel

• Advanced Member

asalam,

i converted from sunni islam to shia islam, but it was not easy in the sense that i have only found one local shia sister to be close to. alhamdullilah for Hajar! i do wish the local community actually had activities, i find it sad that it does not. if i had not had earlier exposure to Shias ( my best friend in high school was from Iran) i would have not sought out the Shia path. i am very happily married to a sunni brother, mashaAllah.

khadijah.

• Advanced Member

Me I am never going to convert to Jafri Shiasm or ever going to think of it . I knew many zaid brothers and sisters who are quite knowledgeable of the Ahul Bayat and of which I have tremenous love and nothing but warm felings for and who I would stand for if any injustice was being done to them , but comming here and seing the Jafri Shia opinion, I'm not so sure that I would carecterise them as people that I would have such warm fealing towards or of which that I would trust ( Espically Iraqi Jafri Shias ... . :mellow: mabey except those of Basrah, I know many pious people from that area that I can't talk so bad of :) :angel: )

Edited by Abdel Hassan

• Advanced Member
I converted to Shi'ism - was Sunni before.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow everyone is a convert here :o

lets rename the chatroom as convoshia chat :lol:

i am a born shia so i donno may be i wud have converted to shiaism cuz i like to study about other religions

Edited by oot patang

• Advanced Member

i converted because first off i personally could not follow anyone who could kill the family of the prophet (saw) this actually prevented me from converting to islam when i first began to study it, then after learning what shia was all about and learning of ghadir khum and other sayings in the quran and traditions from the prophet (saw) there was no other option left for me logically except to accept shia islam

Edited by abdullah218

• Advanced Member

Salam....me im a convert..my family are dominated by a sunni muslims..my convertion started when i got to read the book THEN I WAS GUIDED,and PEAK OF ELOQUENCE.and the rest is history.Mash'Allah im proud to be a followers of the ahlul bayt. :)

• Advanced Member
Salam....me im a convert..my family are dominated by a sunni muslims..my convertion started when i got to read the book  THEN I WAS GUIDED,and PEAK OF ELOQUENCE.and the rest is history.Mash'Allah im proud to be a followers of the ahlul bayt. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes this book also helped me too

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

I was jus goin thru a website from sunnis called sepai-sahaaba who do everythin to tell the world tht shias r kaafir.. that site is full of documents (fabricated, i must say) to prove tht shias r not muslms.. while readin tht i was gettin more angry at them rather than thinkin they r rite.. my faith in my own religion was gettin more firm as i was readin wat they have to say abt shias..

so my point if i was born a sunni or a non-muslim i dnt think i ll ever think of convertin to other religion as like now im shia im not n wont think of changin by faith.. i do read other text frm diff faiths but not to beleive in it.. u can call it my faith or may b im too scared of welcomin thoughts of diff faiths to my mind.. same wld have been case if i was from sunni sect or non-muslim religion..

To conclude i really appreciate n respect converts who take a step to know the true path i salute them.. i was born in a shia family n surroundings so didnt think of other sects or religions n it wld have been same if the case was other way round

here is my post, its almost same but wiv diff wording.. i hope to c ur answers n views there too particularly converts Click here

wasalam

Edited by arsh_hussain

• Advanced Member

i think ths is a rather pointless question cause truth be told most people stay as they are born. there seem to be some converts from sunnism to shiasm here but i would contend that majority of sunni stay sunni and majority of shia stay shia....and to ask well would u do this if u were that is hard to answer. im sunni but if i was born shia would i be sunni? prolly not cause it would be engrained me. its super hard to answert hat question cause u really have no idea or clue how u would be.

• Veteran Member
i think ths is a rather pointless question cause truth be told most people stay as they are born. there seem to be some converts from sunnism to shiasm here but i would contend that majority of sunni stay sunni and majority of shia stay shia....and to ask well would u do this if u were that is hard to answer. im sunni but if i was born shia would i be sunni? prolly not cause it would be engrained me. its super hard to answert hat question cause u really have no idea or clue how u would be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your'e absolutely right...

But never the less we have taken the so-called "plunge" and have changed for what we deem in our hearts as better and more straight a path.

This is to me the essence of Al-Islam.

Your'e absolutely right...

But never the less we have taken the so-called "plunge" and have changed for what we deem in our hearts as better and more straight a path.

This is to me the essence of Al-Islam.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You said something very interesting "what we deem in our hearts as better and more straight path". It sounds like you are saying it is a personal decision and what may be good for one may not be for another. If this is what you are implying I agree completely.

Peace

Satyaban

• Advanced Member
i converted because  first off i personally could not follow anyone who could kill the family of the prophet (saw)  this actually prevented me from converting to islam when i first began to study it, then after learning what shia was all about and learning of ghadir khum and other sayings in the quran and traditions from the prophet (saw) there was no other option left for me logically except to accept shia islam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder, do you guys believe in killing Shia who convert to Sunni?

I didn't convert. I was 'born' a Shia by vitue of the misfortune that my father was Shia.

However, when I was old enough to understand and choose, I found that I really didn't care much for Shiism nor Islam at all.

Now imagine my suprise when I discovered that under Islamic law, I was 'mortat', ie I could be killed with impunity by another Muslim.

The irony was, that any thought I had about Islam being utterly wrong were vindicated with this realisation...

Edited by Rezz