Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
salah

Is marrige an eternal thing?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

I wonder, when a couple get married without any real reason besize the fact that they are prompted to by sexual, social and religious factors. Would this marrige be valid for ever? I mean when you got married (or want to do so) do you intend to be with that person eternaly, in heaven? Have in mind that this person would just as well be your neighbour or any arbitrary guy/girl of the street, is this person really someone you care to be with, for ever?

thanks

Guest SayedM'sSister

when two people get married, even if it is by force, if both are good people, or even bad people, as long as they are both the same type of people they will grow to love each other by time(that is usually wut happens) and will want to be together. unfortunately their are some people out there that care for money only. And would marry an old person to get that money, sometimes they end up falling inlove and wanting to be together for ever, but in most cases its not like that.wasalam

(bismillah)

(salam)

:cry: I don't think I would wanna' live without my wife in heavan. :cry:

Well you see bro, first you have to see if both of you even go to heavan :lol: Then the thing is, we don't need to worry about what we will get in heavan or what we won't. It's a perfect place, and once we are in there, we won't be complaining about anything.

We had a thread like this before as well, I don't remember what the answers were...

They are gonna want their hurs in heaven

Is there anything wrong with that. The women will be just as happy as we will be :dry:.

Edited by Ali_Imran

It's not eternal, cause you know how men are :dry: They are gonna want their hurs in heaven :dry: So no, it's not forever. Get a cat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Men's loyalty and the sense of trust is questionable—as is of women—but this mindset will not help you get anywhere.

salam

thanks guys thats some sorta answers I got, not really what I hoped for but :)

well the happy in heaven thing with the hurs and whatnot is a little difficult for me to melt, I cant understand how it works, dont know what I am supposed to believe and the whole thing is giving me alot of trouble

lets ace this thing a bit and God willing true believers will withstand,

Say you marry a girl not bad not great but normal, you know she isnt your dreamgirl and to think that giving your eternity to a girl arbitrary to you being existant or not, does it not bother you, really?

And given the other issue ive been having trouble with is, well, the hur thing. I cant imagen me, letting my wife, be with another man, having sex. The thought really drives me nuts. And so, my fellow shichat Islamists, what is there to do? If I would want to be with another woman, no one (besize Allah (swt)) would stop me. It might sound rough, dont mean it like that though, however yes true. I would ignore my wife and have a [Edit] of a time, and so it would be. But the painful reality is that we cant boss over our spouses and have our say in their buisness can we, say if your wife wich you hold dear would like to date other men in heaven, im sad to say that she will, right? Same thing goes with men. So this leads me to think, can I love a woman who sleeps with other men? Would my wife love me if I would jump into bed with other females? If yes, how is that possible. If no, what is one to do? It is inevetable for a man to lust ( and I dare to say the same about women) for another person, but would you not mind? And as my grand finale; (if one would consider all the things mentioned before) would that be qualified as love or just mutual compassion and care?

I have a hard time believing that houris are able to have emotions or even be equal to a human beings, and if so, If I am gonna leave my wife for a couple of houry chicks, then what am I but a empty, animalistic hartless playboy?

Praised be The Lord our God Allah The Almighty

wasalam

salam

thanks guys thats some sorta answers I got, not really what I hoped for but :)

well the happy in heaven thing with the hurs and whatnot is a little difficult for me to melt, I cant understand how it works, dont know what I am supposed to believe and the whole thing is giving me alot of trouble

lets ace this thing a bit and God willing true believers will withstand,

Say you marry a girl not bad not great but normal, you know she isnt your dreamgirl and to think that giving your eternity to a girl arbitrary to you being existant or not, does it not bother you, really?

And given the other issue ive been having trouble with is, well, the hur thing. I cant imagen me, letting my wife, be with another man, having sex. The thought really drives me nuts. And so, my fellow shichat Islamists, what is there to do? If I would want to be with another woman, no one (besize Allah (swt)) would stop me. It might sound rough, dont mean it like that though, however yes true. I would ignore my wife and have a [Edit] of a time, and so it would be. But the painful reality is that we cant boss over our spouses and have our say in their buisness can we, say if your wife wich you hold dear would like to date other men in heaven, im sad to say that she will, right? Same thing goes with men. So this leads me to think, can I love a woman who sleeps with other men? Would my wife love me if I would jump into bed with other females? If yes, how is that possible. If no, what is one to do? It is inevetable for a man to lust ( and I dare to say the same about women) for another person, but would you not mind? And as my grand finale; (if one would consider all the things mentioned before) would that be qualified as love or just mutual compassion and care?

I have a hard time believing that houris are able to have emotions or even be equal to a human beings, and if so, If I am gonna leave my wife for a couple of houry chicks, then what am I but a empty, animalistic hartless playboy?

Praised be The Lord our God Allah The Almighty

wasalam

(bismillah)

(salam)

As far as heaven is concerned you are thinking with the limited capacity of the human brain right now. In heaven there is eternal peace and we shall have what we please so is it not possible that Allah shall give us exact copies of our spouses if our actual spouse does not want to be with us in heaven. is it not easy for Him? All desires shall be fulfiled and all things will be within our reach. In heaven jelousy shall not exist as every one shall have what he wants. The concept of "want" and "man" is, when man is on earth unlimited wants but limited resources and in heaven unlimited wants and un measurable resources hense every one is a winner. Hoors will not be more beautiful then our spouses, i.e they will not appear as beautiful to us as our wives. If you define love it is nothing more then companion ship and care for each other. Women were created so that men could find comfort in them, this was the reason Bibi Hawwa was created.

Allah hafiz

Ali

(salam)

Yes I feel it's eternal.

My mom always says "A woman should marry with a white dress and not get out of it till she wears her white burial shroud" :cry:

OK It sounds a bit lame in english but that's because i've translated it.

when two people get married, even if it is by force, if both are good people, or even bad people, as long as they are both the same type of people they will grow to love each other by time(that is usually wut happens) and will want to be together.

(bismillah)

(salam)

It is a VERY rare that people randomly thrown in marriage together will become soulmates. Most people in these types of marriages are together only for the hell of it.

My mom always says "A woman should marry with a white dress and not get out of it till she wears her white burial shroud"

So in other words if you are stuck in a bad marriage then you're basically outta luck?

Anyways from a male perspective, marriage is NOT an eternal thing. For that matter, neither is parenthood, siblingship, or any other human relationship. It is a temporal relationship in a temporal world. I remember reading somewhere, maybe a tafseer of the Qur'an, that on the Day of Judgement sons break away from their fathers and wives from their husbands, etc. and it will basically will be every man for himself. Of course I'm paraphrasing but that's the gist of it.

To the women fretting about their husbands having hoors in heaven, it is ridiculous to compare hoors with earthly spousal relations because you are talking about two different worlds and the rules for one don't apply in the other. In fact a lot of what the Qur'an describes about heaven is very figurative and we should not think of them in material terms. We should be content in knowing that no matter what happens in the next world, there will not be an iota of injustice to anyone.

Edited by Talib-e-Ilm

In fact a lot of what the Qur'an describes about heaven is very figurative and we should not think of them in material terms

This is true. Infact I believe, some scholars hold the view that the hoors of heaven are not female virgins and that the hoor is only a concept. Because for a man the greatest pleasure in this world comes from the company of beautiful women, therefore Allah has described that special blessing in the heaven (whatever it is) as an extremely beautiful woman. Perhaps the hoor as a female individual is the best example that a man could understand about that special reward Allah has in store for the pious men.

So it is possible that the hoor has got nothing to do with women or pretty virgins; a hoor might be something totally and completely unrelated to women. The hoor could be something edible, that is something to eat, the pleasure and taste of which could be much greater than the pleasure a man gets from the company of his wife. So if this is true, the wives of pious men in this world have no reason to feel jealous over something the a man would simply get to eat!

Edited by Anonymous-Male

(bismillah)

(salam)

I wonder, when a couple get married without any real reason besize the fact that they are prompted to by sexual, social and religious factors. Would this marrige be valid for ever? I mean when you got married (or want to do so) do you intend to be with that person eternaly, in heaven? Have in mind that this person would just as well be your neighbour or any arbitrary guy/girl of the street, is this person really someone you care to be with, for ever?

thanks

Inshallah when i get married, i will get married with the belief that we will be together eternally and would also pray to Allah that i find him with me in heaven too inshallah :) Yes there is a small problem if you dont select the right spouse..i gues u all know how majority of the man are nowadays but inshallah i will get the right one so he never will think of any1 beside me :)

Edited by leila_11