Sign in to follow this  
asim

What sayyid are you?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)  (salam)

There are new NAQVI SAYYID being made in pakistan's punjab province EVERYDAY! All these malangs (SHAH) claim to be SAYYIDS, yet many of them cannot even provide a SHAJRAH. And they ALL claim to be from BUKHARA SADAAT. YEAH RIGHT!  ;)

Ali

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i don,t agree shah in pakistan is used as a surname by all syed,s(naqvi,kazmi,zaidi,jafri,either hasani or hussaini mostely don,t add naqvi or kazmi or what ever in the end of their names they just use it as shah ,my name has kazmi but my fathers and most of the members in my family have shah in their names that does not mean they are not syeds well mostely malngs who sit on ziaraats in pakistan are syed coz maybe that ziaraat is of their forefather (but i do agree they have some malngs who are not syed 1 more thing most ppl from india pakistan will agree with this that ppl who call themselves bukhari are naqvi syeds and mushadi,s are kazmi as their fore fathers came from those cities as the thing goes for shajra i think mostely ppl can,t provide it coz 1 member (the head)from each family keeps it and he writes down the names of male born in the family (that happens in my family )if he dies it depends on his son or next of kin if they give foto copy to others or not as for the 1 who claim to be syed and are not lanat on them but i must add if u live in a close comunity every 1 knows who is real syed and who is the fake i come from rawalpindi, islambad my lineage comes from imam bari (a famous saint) who was a kazmi syed our grand parents use to tell us that he and his parents came here from chakwal later his two nephews and a cousin also came here from which 1 is buried in rawalpindi and the others in islamabad my mum ,s lineage is from 1 most of syeds who live in islamabd ,rawalpindi and texala know each other so they dont need to look at the shajra,s when they give their daughters (pakistani,syed know how it is important for them to look at the shajra,s )old thing running in the culture ,we know a family who claims to be a naqvi syed in our area but are not so most syeds here not have any family terms with them and they tell their kids to carry on telling others about these fake syeds

All husseini's are infact descendants of hazrat zaid ibn ali ibn hussein.

Not many husseini's them selves know this.

Ayatullah seestani & Ayatullah khamenei are both descendants of zaid ibn ali, they both take the name 'husseini' where those from the sub-continent tend to use 'zaydi'.

so there are more zaydi's then it seems

(salam)

I hope this is not a terribly obvious or silly question ...

...... how does one know if they are sayyid? Is there a certificate or something passed down through the centuries, or is it word of mouth? I'm really interested.

Thank you.

your sister

Guest Shia by nature

(bismillah) (salam)

how does one know if they are sayyid? Is there a certificate or something passed down through the centuries, or is it word of mouth? I'm really interested.

Sayyid's have a SHAJRA. A book that shows their lineage.

Ma Salaam

Sayyid Ali Naqvi

am not a syed.. but my dad's mom (grandmother) is a syed...i think frm da line of imam jafffar sadiq (as)....and my great grand mother is a syed frm da line of imam moosa kazim (as)...... and cuzns are syeds frm da line of imam ali redha (as)...so they are part persian ...however for me am part mughal frm my mom's side...thru bahadur shah...so dat doesn't count :(.....sowwie to go off topic ther :blush: