Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What sayyid are you?

Rate this topic

asim

• Advanced Member

All husseini's are infact descendants of hazrat zaid ibn ali ibn hussein.

Not many husseini's them selves know this.

Ayatullah seestani & Ayatullah khamenei are both descendants of zaid ibn ali, they both take the name 'husseini' where those from the sub-continent tend to use 'zaydi'.

so there are more zaydi's then it seems

Guest Shia by nature

(bismillah) (salam)

how does one know if they are sayyid? Is there a certificate or something passed down through the centuries, or is it word of mouth? I'm really interested.

Sayyid's have a SHAJRA. A book that shows their lineage.

Ma Salaam

Sayyid Ali Naqvi

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

am not a syed.. but my dad's mom (grandmother) is a syed...i think frm da line of imam jafffar sadiq (as)....and my great grand mother is a syed frm da line of imam moosa kazim (as)...... and cuzns are syeds frm da line of imam ali redha (as)...so they are part persian ...however for me am part mughal frm my mom's side...thru bahadur shah...so dat doesn't count :(.....sowwie to go off topic ther :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

I couldn't tell you. Who knows what grand lineage -possibly even from the household of the Prophet (pbuh) - from which my past forefathers could have descended. I wouldn't know or have the slightest idea. That type of heritage/lineage - if ever present in the first place - would have been robbed from my ancestors for many many generations now.

I wonder how many unaware 'sayyid's are on the corners of the South Side of Chicago (and similar places) .... I guess we'll never know :(

• Advanced Member
All husseini's are infact descendants of hazrat zaid ibn ali ibn hussein.

Not many husseini's them selves know this.

Ayatullah seestani & Ayatullah khamenei are both descendants of zaid ibn ali, they both take the name 'husseini' where those from the sub-continent tend to use 'zaydi'.

so there are more zaydi's then it seems

(bismillah)

(salam)

Please do not spread incorrect information.

All Hussaini sayyids are from Imam ALI IBN HUSSAIN aka Zainul Abideen, Sajjad (as)

NOT from Zaid bin Ali.

Imam Sajjad had 15 children, 11 boys and 4 girls. From that 11, Zaid bin Ali = Al-Zaidi & Zaidi, Imam Muhammad al-Baqir = Al-Baqiri, Baqeri, Baqri, The other 9 sons = Al-Abidi & Abidi.

(salam)