Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali

To improve ShiaChat.com... [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Salam I have activated my email notifications

But sumtym I don't get even 1 notification email but I see that notification over here on SC.

I have just now checked the notification setting and its already been activated but I m not getting it.

Wassalam

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Same here! Two of us are having this problem. I don't know what has happened, but I am not getting my email notifications from ShiaChat. The comments and private messages, as well as replies to my topics are not coming to my email inbox since August 31, about 4 am. I checked in my settings and everything seems to be ok. I'm not getting new topics from the forums I am following. No email at all from ShiaChat. I don't know why.

But why this is happening.

Huh??

Need to get sum help from admins and mods.

What should we do now guyz

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Same here! Two of us are having this problem. I don't know what has happened, but I am not getting my email notifications from ShiaChat. The comments and private messages, as well as replies to my topics are not coming to my email inbox since August 31, about 4 am. I checked in my settings and everything seems to be ok. I'm not getting new topics from the forums I am following. No email at all from ShiaChat. I don't know why.

Walaikum salam

Now what we should do..??

Maybe i'de constantly have islamic articles written for all to share. Aslo start classes, in forms of short articles to teach the ill knowledged (like me) in various Topics.

You can ask for ppl who actually study in that era to do it for you.

Edited by hossein

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thank you to whoever was working to solve the email notification problem. It is working now, Alhamdulillah! :)

Salam,

I think there should be a sub section named sensitive/personal queries(or something else) where people can go and post some personal nature questions. Everyone here comes with a different cultural background/ acceptance level. Its highly disgusting and inappropriate to go on some normal forum like sisters forum and see some weirdly named topic or with some inappropriate content.

(salam) I agree with -SeekeR- , only those who wish to see "sensitive" topics should be able to, as opposed to force feeding the topic titles to everyone. On a forum i used to be on, they had a password for the sisters section, perhaps we should create a sub forum with "Sensitive Questions" with password activation for those interested in posting and answering there?

(wasalam)

1. Is it just me or shiachat.com is slow? http://www.isup.me/shiachat.com

2. The webserver is overloading? it seems the webserver is vulnerable to this simple dos tool http://code.google.c.../slowhttptest/. just send 1000 endless connection, the server will be bogged down

To improve ShiaChat.com, I would change apache webserver to nginx

Edited by аli

1. Is it just me or shiachat.com is slow? http://www.isup.me/shiachat.com

2. The webserver is overloading? it seems the webserver is vulnerable to this simple dos tool http://code.google.c.../slowhttptest/. just send 1000 endless connection, the server will be bogged down

To improve ShiaChat.com, I would change apache webserver to nginx

ShiaChat still vulnerable to this type of DoS attack. An attacker can make this forum unaccessible by a 128 MB memory machine! I think upgrade to latest apache server or litespeed should be able to mitigate this kind of attack.

I think that if everyone would strive to be more patient we could make this a better site. We judge quickly and can often end up saying something that might offend someone. I think this can drive people away from the site. Other than that I think the site is great and I'm really enjoying it.

Edited by hijabidownthestreet

I would stop allowing new members (under 50 or 100 posts) to post links. There is a spammer that keeps coming online and posting spam links to fake goods, it is annoying.

I would stop allowing new members (under 50 or 100 posts) to post links. There is a spammer that keeps coming online and posting spam links to fake goods, it is annoying.

Spot on. I noticed an advertisement aswell and the post was very long and was in the wrong thread and I just made this account like few hours ago. Imagine how much spam this forum gets.

Though I must say I did see it disappear quick so looks like whoever removes spam and adverts are good at doing their job.

Spot on. I noticed an advertisement aswell and the post was very long and was in the wrong thread and I just made this account like few hours ago. Imagine how much spam this forum gets.

Though I must say I did see it disappear quick so looks like whoever removes spam and adverts are good at doing their job.

I reported the one you are talking about.....but there was one hanging around the off topic discussion for a few days....I don't know if it is still there or not.

I reported the one you are talking about.....but there was one hanging around the off topic discussion for a few days....I don't know if it is still there or not.

I just saw some new user with 5 posts and I think all the posts are advertising something, I think you are right the mods should try do something so links dont work if you have below 50 posts, it takes 3 days minimum for some1 to get 50 posts cos its 20 per day max for a new user so I doubt these advert spammers will be bothered to make an account and try get 50 posts without being banned to then post a couple ads and get banned

Ban all modern weapons from avatars and signatures. Let a religion of peace present a face of peace.

My list:

To many forums, threads are scattered everywhere. This is the main reason threads die prematurely because most people never even see it because the overwhelming number of forums. Creating a Forum for the sake of it is not practical, there is not enough traffic/posts in these forums to justify it.

• Links Forum - Merge it with Articles, Graphics.
  • Shiachat Media Central - Last post was made almost a year ago. Merge it with Poetry, Songs, etc.
  • Imam Mehdi Forum - Are you serious? This Forum probably gets 1-3 posts a day. Merge it with Prophets & Ahlul Bayt.
  • Merge Lebanon - Palestine - Iran - Iraq into Middle East Affairs Forum. (ala South Asian Affairs).

When you have too many forums people don't even know where to go. Quantity of posts are not there to justify so many specific forums, nor necessary.

These are good ideas. Adding them to my 'to do list'. Will discuss with the team.....

Thankyou

invite guests from other faiths to come and discuss with us in the thinkers forum (so things dont get ugly). the various faiths and sects all have well established websites and memberships. its time we expanded our horizons.

pick a group of representatives from our side, tell them to pick a group of representatives from their side, and pick a topic to discuss.

start with those haram zadeh on ummah or islamic awakening,

I've noticed that other forums have a 'thank' button insted of 'like', maybe we should change it to that, 'like' is a bit childish

(salam)

Yeah but when you thank someone you are thanking them for helping you, and when you like something you are doing it because you agree with their comment or in some cases because they helped you,

So my suggestion is there should be both a like button and a thank button, and I second Alimo's idea of a dislike button.