Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali

To improve ShiaChat.com... [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

(salam)

I don't think anyone should be given that title unless they're a professional counsellor which is near impossible to verify. As we've seen, there are various troubles, even cases of sexual abuse. It's not easy to give out advice without knowing the full story therefore each person's advice should be viewed at the same level. It's a dangerous game and people taken online views VERY seriously.

(wasalam)

Guest Mushu

(salam)

I don't think anyone should be given that title unless they're a professional counsellor which is near impossible to verify. As we've seen, there are various troubles, even cases of sexual abuse. It's not easy to give out advice without knowing the full story therefore each person's advice should be viewed at the same level. It's a dangerous game and people taken online views VERY seriously.

(wasalam)

True, but some members give consistently good advice, whilst most give bad advice. By labeling the members who give good advice, you reduce the chance of a member following bad advice.

Also, if a member feels he cant advise a situation, he can choose not to!

Guest Mushu

Im not talking about psychological counceling (even though i think non-muslim psychiatrists are useless to us), i mean Islamic advice.

Guest Mushu

Why does islamic advice need to be verified? Its not like theyre gonna prescribe anything.

Besides, the good that this team would do far outweighs the risks.

(salam)

How so?

The risks are dangerous! Sometimes religious advice can make things worse, for someone that is depressed, this can lead to what? Self harm? Suicide, even? What if someone advises someone to seek help from family members? And the family are rubbish and it backfires? This person won't be there to pick up the pieces. In real life, the sheikhs and stuff that do this properly, and psychiatrists, they know the full story, can judge this person properly and follow things up.

Guest Mushu

How could religious advice possibly lead to self harm and suicide?

You're missing the key idea here. Many people give advice anyway, my suggestion is merely to highlight those who repeatedly give good advice.

As for your final point, are there not 'agony aunts'? They dont follow things up. Also, it wouldnt be one member - it would be a team. You would still be getting the same variance in advice, except it would be from members who have proven that they give good advice.

To the MODS:

Just sharing a thought.

Would be nice to open a new forum tab for "Places I've been in the world that reminded me of Allah".

People can post their personal pictures of places they've been which were natural beauty places, or just places where they couldn't help it but say "Subhanallah".

Anything from mountains, lakes, castles, shrines, underwater, etc...

Just a suggestion...

To the MODS:

Just sharing a thought.

Would be nice to open a new forum tab for "Places I've been in the world that reminded me of Allah".

People can post their personal pictures of places they've been which were natural beauty places, or just places where they couldn't help it but say "Subhanallah".

Anything from mountains, lakes, castles, shrines, underwater, etc...

Just a suggestion...

We already have a thread to that effect.

Edited by Marbles

(bismillah)

(salam)

Allah's creation.

Thanks for your replies.

However, I'm suggesting something a bit different.. something with a more personal touch as well as an encouragement for others to visit.

(and also, these were threads in Graphics,etc.. topic ... I'm suggesting a complete different topic)

For instance, I could add pictures of the Isle of White, terrific view on the solent from the top of the hill, etc..

I would also mention how to get there the quickest and the cheapest (or the route I took), the experiences I had, the mosque I visited, the halal food shops, where to eat, etc,...

It's sort of sharing my experience of a place on the earth of natural beauty, of a reminder of Allah with all the tips and helps of how others can get there, make their trip easier...

Our own shia tripadvisor basically, but emphasis on special places (the "subhanallah factor")

Again, just an idea...

I think there should be a STRICTLY BROTHERS and a STRICTLY SISTERS section on the FORUM, where the other gender cannot view posts made.

I like this idea, i think its better if we had just Brothers forums and just Sister forums

(bismillah)

(salam)

For some odd reason, and I saw another person with this problem, when I make a comment on someone's profile "wall" there are two copies, not just one comment. Couldn't ShiaChat make it so that if you comment on someone's profile you could delete one of the comments if you had this problem or if you changed your mind and didn't like your comment? Or your spelling was bad or whatever. :angel:

Admins should put a little message to new members just before their account is made that says they can't enter chat room unless they have 50+ posts. A thread pops up nearly every week as a result of the same question. :squeez:

(wasalam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

On the far right at the top of the home page - Recent Topics Added - put the name of the topic, who started it, and what FORUM it's in. When the topic name is ambiguous we should know the forum it is in, so we don't waste time going into a forum we don't want to participate in. If you must know, that is why some sisters are replying to topics in the Brothers Forum and vice versa. :squeez:

Does anybody actually address these suggestions or is this just a technique of making members waste some brain cells coming up with a good idea?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Congratulations on reaching your 50 posts!

Open up the politics and current affairs forum to a wider range of subjects.

I know this is a Shia forum but shouldn't P&CA be open to all current issues rather than those which nominally impact the Muslim world? For example, if Ruport Murdoch is jailed over the phone hacking scandal that is an interesting topic for discussion even though it doesn't have Islam on the tin. I mean, all news items have some repercussions for Muslims, even if they're just read and discussed. Of course there'll always be a Shia Islam leaning to the threads in the replies and topic titles but wouldn't it be better if the forum wasn't shut off from the rest of the culture to such a degree... ecumenicism I think they call it.

(salam)

I strongly call for severe action against those fools who keep insinuating garbage that shows our Imams (as) in bad light. For example, soooo many Sunnis in the Shia-Sunni section keep claiming left and right that Fatima (as) shunned Imam Ali (as) for supposedly proposing to Abu Jahl's daughter (the guy Rocke is doing this right now). Astaghfirullah... They also occasionally bring up the false incident of Imam Ali (as) being drunk during Sala'at. Why are we tolerating such rubbish?

I mean, we can't openly send la'anat on their caliphs and the 2 wives, but why are we letting them insult our Imams (as) non-stop? Please ban these retards, or at least, make a new rule about this and warn them.

Edited by Legio Invicta

To seriously improve it, i would add a module which tells you "who quoted me". This is very helpful in keeping track of posts and finding out whether some1 has replied to your post. More info here : http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103768

(salam)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this in it will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO useful

(salam)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this in it will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO useful

(bismillah)

(salam)

The quote function is already working at ShiaChat. I have been getting quotes to my messages since March 7th. Go to your Settings and click on Notifications. There is one that says get notified when someone quotes what you wrote. Yes, you can pray for my family and me! Thank you! :)

Edited by Hameedeh

(bismillah)

(salam)

The quote function is already working at ShiaChat. I have been getting quotes to my messages since March 7th. Go to your Settings and click on Notifications. There is one that says get notified when someone quotes what you wrote. Yes, you can pray for my family and me! Thank you! :)

(wasalam)

Thank you so much! May you have a blessed Ramadhan

Salaam

First of all, May Allah bless this team with more and more knowledge and give momineen more strength to make the preparation for Holy Imam (a) as friendly as possible. The one word of haq/truth spread in the name of Allah is far better than billion lies uttered to please earthly King.

Kafi.........

Ali Ali

Edited by Muntaqim Force

(bismillah)

(salam)

In the member's list, the very first member is named !!!! and I checked the profile feed of this member and there are several people, not including the spammers, who sent this member a message because they are new at ShiaChat and need help. Because !!!! never responded to their message, these new members never asked any question nor responded to any message. They all have 0 posts. If there was a member at the top of the member's list that could actually read the message and assist new members it would be great. :)

To improve ShiaChat.com? I would get rid of him ^ :P

Don't know if this has been said in the thread already - but the list of recent topics on the side should be longer so that topics don't disappear so quickly. It's an nuisance that only 5 recent topics show up and everybody is posting at different times of the day.

Edited by Blissful

To improve ShiaChat.com? I would get rid of him ^ :P

get rid of me!? :o if you did that im sure there'd be 24/7 shiachat protests! then youd be forced to bring me back mwahaha

wheras if we were to rid of you.. meh i doubt anyone would notice :rolleyes:

Edited by AghaAli

Salam I have activated my email notifications

But sumtym I don't get even 1 notification email but I see that notification over here on SC.

I have just now checked the notification setting and its already been activated but I m not getting it.

Wassalam