Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

To improve ShiaChat.com... [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Ali

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

To improve ShiaChat.com, I would...

1. Warn users against using disturbing images. Many users on this forum uses picture of Muharam like a man fully covered in blood and holding a sword/knife. It grosses me out and I am sure it grosses out many other users. Imagine your children seeing those kind of things...

2. Include a warning system, for posts intended for 18+ or adults. For example like youtube's warning system or deviantart's.

• Veteran Member

To improve ShiaChat.com, I would...

1. Warn users against using disturbing images. Many users on this forum uses picture of Muharam like a man fully covered in blood and holding a sword/knife. It grosses me out and I am sure it grosses out many other users. Imagine your children seeing those kind of things...

What? - And what about when Shia do that in public for young and old to see?

• 2 months later...
  • Veteran Member

(salam) and welcome to SC,

^ You can't until you're an advanced member, aka 50+ posts. :)

When you do reach that limit, click on the name of the person you want to PM, and click the option with an envelope on it. A window will open and you can type in your message.

(wasalam)

Basim Ali Jafri

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

to improve shiachat i would divide quran-hedeeth n dua to 3 MAJOR sections, not to sub forum

because its 3 different things, n people tend to pay attenttion to recent post, so quran/hadeeth/dua recent post quite appear in mixed ways, if theres 9 post recent in each topic, it only show 3 of them (divided by 3)

these sectors is very important, because its the basic knowledge of islam, n furthermore for quran, its wajib 3ain to learn.

we should attract more people to quran forum

i want to make a quran campaign here, but it will put dua n hadist recent post dont appear.. that sadden me quite a bit

i currently dont be able to chat, even when im an advanced member, n i dont have interest to chat currently

• 1 month later...

How much money do you figure you'd owe us by now then?

lol. I would suggest putting a ditto copy of the banned members thread in the Debating Forums. I don't think many people visit the banned members thread in this part of the forum.

Besides that, I would suggest getting some more emoticons and smileys. I recommend the forums of OneManga. I'll post the link if interested, and if not... well I can't force it on ya guys :P

(wasalam)

• 1 month later...

Instead of banning people for breaking rules give them 3 strikes and you are disabled and then make them pay 5 dollars via paypal to enable their account everytime they break a rule again by sending them a paypal invoice.

where in the heck you got this idea from lol

How much money do you figure you'd owe us by now then?

100000000000 $

• 1 month later...

(bismillah)

(salam)

Have a rule that forbids new members from reviving old threads.

It happens all the time and you wanna like check the forum and there's a bunch of new threads, only to find that the OP was in 2002..

just a rule so that the new members (me too :D) learn not to revive threads unless they have a new question/inquiry :!!!:

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Have a rule that forbids new members from reviving old threads.

It happens all the time and you wanna like check the forum and there's a bunch of new threads, only to find that the OP was in 2002..

just a rule so that the new members (me too :D) learn not to revive threads unless they have a new question/inquiry :!!!:

(salam)

This is actually starting to happen more these days..

it's so annoying!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

Make a rule where one cannot make a full thread about ONE person on this forum

For example: "So and so is actually so and so (banned member)" or "So and so is a mushrik", etc

you will notice this happening a lot now, particularly in the shia/sunni forum, and it is making it the forum lame to read and very annoying

Wassalam

Edited by 14infallibles

(salam)

Make a rule where one cannot make a full thread about ONE person on this forum

For example: "So and so is actually so and so (banned member)" or "So and so is a mushrik", etc

you will notice this happening a lot now, particularly in the shia/sunni forum, and it is making it the forum lame to read and very annoying

Wassalam

Seconded

• 4 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

salam

1)To improve shiaChat,i would suggest you to add colors on the username : a pink Username for girls ,and a blue username for boys.

:)

2)One day , my mom asked me in which site i was , so i said ''ShiaChat'' than she told me to get off from this site because she though that it was a ''match '' site..got it ? hehe .

the name is giving a bad reputation ..can you make it like ''shiaUsul'' or ''shiaDeen ''

something with a good reputation,since we don't have the chat thingy anymore.

thanx =)

may god bless

wasalam

Edited by enlight_warner

• Advanced Member

To improve shiachat.com, I would ban members with more than one account.

(i.e two accounts one ip address)

(salam)

While this is a very well-intend idea and will probably help, it also has the potential to hurt. It's entirely possible that there are people using this site (likely siblings or married couples) who share a computer, and hence an IP address.