Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

To improve ShiaChat.com... [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

(salam)

i've already noticed that mods and admins have become more lenient in the way they don't immediately ban people, but give them suspensions instead at times. That is very good i think, as it gives people time to cool down and rethink their actions. And usually they come back improved.

so i would suggest a third option that i think could apply to people who have obvious ethics problems:

i would limit certain people to post on ethics sections, once they have shown major breach of akhlaq. In this way they are not fully suspended, but it forces them to think and maybe contribute to their healing process. They can post and win the hearts of the mods and admins, or open self improvement threads, or confessions and apologies.

additionally, i would encourage unofficial warnings to be given prior to official ones. Like a casual message from admins and mods telling people in good faith that they should be careful and stuff. Telling them, watch out, that they are at risk of getting suspended or an official warning. It opens up avenues of improvement, and getting such a message.

so the options could be:

1 -  unofficial warning message(s)

2 -  suspension(s) with access to ethics/self development section

3 -  official warning

4 -  banning

5 -  possible unbanning for good reasons

this way, i think it will benefit people more, and the risk of losing good people will be lower. There are several banned members that i miss very much.

Edited by peace seeker II
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(bismillah) (salam) Spring cleaning time. :) I remember when ShiaChat had a rule that if you did not post any messages, you had 0 posts, your account would be deleted. Currently there are 18,619 memb

YES! Excellent idea. We could have something like this....     The right bottom side of the forum all empty, and it can be used to fill it in with something useful like a calendar.    And the days li

My list: To many forums, threads are scattered everywhere. This is the main reason threads die prematurely because most people never even see it because the overwhelming number of forums. Creating a F

Posted Images

I would add a sub-forum to discuss the Sahaba of Muhammed PBUH and the Imams a.s.

There are so many companions, it would allow us to discuss their histories, the effect they had on Islam, and would enrich our knowledge in terms of Rijal.

There is a very long list of Sahaba of Muhammed pbuh whom we shia's revere - to the surprise of our sunni brothers and sisters.

Edited by Tawheed313
  • Veteran Member
On 2/2/2015 at 8:59 PM, diyaa110 said:

how about working on the Search function so that it gives us results that match with the words we typed in the search bar ?

I have to use google to search within shiachat.

Best way and to search anything on Shiachat is by the help of Google. Here is how:

- Open Google in your web browser.

- In its search bar, write all relevant info and add "site: www.shiachat.com" at the end without quotes. For example if you want to dig out the thread where Jondab_Azdi misquotes Sudooq's hadith about companions being stars and any can be followed, here is the relevant something to write in the Google search bar "Saduq companions stars follow jondab_azdi site: www.shiachat.com" without the quotes. See that is a unique search combination and with that choice of search parameters you can be sure to find the thread in first try and at the top of the results.

100% guaranteed to work. The only mistake now can be incorrect or non unique combinations.

• Moderators

^ good tip Vader.....  I always use google for shiachat search and I don't even type the whole site address.... I just type the search words and then 'shiachat'

the first few results to come up are the most relevant ones and then there is an option beneath them .. 'more results from www.shiachat.com' 

and like DV said.... always works

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

So I think it should be like Medieval Hierarchy.

Normal members (Peasants? Jokes) - Civilians

Chat Moderators (Rich guys)  - Mods only for the chat room

Forum moderators (Baron) - These mods only have power in the specific forums they're moderating, these mods knowledgeable in the forums they are moderating. 

Moderators (Dukes) - These guys over-see the forum and chat mods, and can appoint them.

Administrators (Grand Dukes) - Repenter

Owners (Kings) - Ali and Ya Aba 3abdallah

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Despite some of the criticism, I really still think we should have every new personal status of a member show up on the right side of the forum similarly like how Facebook shows the status of each person on the newsfeed of their freinds. It would give a strong vibe to the forum which might be essential in the long run, considering the recent decline on the forum activity and I can't think of any harm that could result in implementing that.

• Forum Administrators
On 9/4/2015 at 1:53 PM, Al-Hassan said:

Despite some of the criticism, I really still think we should have every new personal status of a member show up on the right side of the forum similarly like how Facebook shows the status of each person on the newsfeed of their freinds. It would give a strong vibe to the forum which might be essential in the long run, considering the recent decline on the forum activity and I can't think of any harm that could result in implementing that.

Thank you to all members who post in this topic with suggestions. Although SC cannot make all changes, your suggestions are noted. Other members want to streamline the homepage, not add extra stuff, so I cannot promise that SC would make the change you suggested.

• Veteran Member
On 9/11/2015 at 2:12 AM, baradar_jackson said:

I would have every lost post saved as a draft so members don't have to fret over losing a post halfway through writing it (like what happened to me now)

I have lost too many posts over the years so when I'm writing something longish (which is not often these days), I keep pressing CTRL+C after every two lines so that even if I lose the text or the page I can always press press CTRL+V to retrieve it for a fresh post.

But that's me. Automatically save draft feature shouldn't be very hard to put in.

• Forum Administrators
On 9/11/2015 at 2:12 AM, baradar_jackson said:

I would have every lost post saved as a draft so members don't have to fret over losing a post halfway through writing it (like what happened to me now)

Some people type their post in a Word program or make a draft in an email sent to themself, and check the spelling first. Then they copy and paste it at ShiaChat. It is rare to lose a post when you are replying, but if you do, you will have a copy in your word processor or your email. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...