Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ali

To improve ShiaChat.com... [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

I'm sad that rational thinking just one day disappeared... among others whom I can't think of right now.

I'm sad that now I see Yabnul_taha has been banned. I felt like we were having some good conversation.

to improve shiachat I would...

stop banning people for expressing their ideas...

or at least review all of their content and not ban when a single thread may get over heated...

We all say things sometimes in the heat of the moment without thinking...

so at least speak to the individual publicly... on the forum... about what is objectionable on a particular thread...

how else can people learn?

Salaam.

Actually, you should direct that to your own people on here;www.christianforums.com.

Just a few days ago, I created an account on there to possibly have an intellectual discussion on Islam and Christianity with the members and also to try to answer any misconceptions that people there had on Islam in general. The strange thing is, one of the main rules imposed by the Mods and Admins there is that there is absolutely no place for debates or expressing one's non-Christian beliefs or ideas. As a result, all of my posts have been deleted by the Admin team and my account has been permanently banned, despite the fact that I used a very respectful and non-provocative tone with them, which kind of shows how much confidence these people have on their beliefs when they refuse to engage into dialogue with non-Christians.

Moral of the story is, I think you should be grateful that you have been given the privilege by our Admin and mod teams to express your own views and ideas on this forum because clearly, we are not given the same freedom to express our ideas on your forums the same way you are given here.

Consider this a friendly advice from my own experience only. No offence intended in any way

Edited by PureTruth

In order to improve Shiachat right now, I would press the big red "purge" button according to the previous routine because our ship's junk recyclotron is obviously in the red zone and I see a whole lot of mental content being spewed in posts and contaminating my beloved ship. There a lot of malicious life forms in the net who have evolved from the specie known as trolls and are developing traits of cleverness, subtlety and the ability to evade the junk collection and quarantine systems by finding loopholes in the specified codes. These codes should perhaps also be updated in the software.

Do something. We are losing sane crew members here.

Actually, you should direct that to your own people on here;www.christianforums.com.

Just a few days ago, I created an account on there to possibly have an intellectual discussion on Islam and Christianity with the members and also to try to answer any misconceptions that people there had on Islam in general. The strange thing is, one of the main rules imposed by the Mods and Admins there is that there is absolutely no place for debates or expressing one's non-Christian beliefs or ideas. As a result, all of my posts have been deleted by the Admin team and my account has been permanently banned, despite the fact that I used a very respectful and non-provocative tone with them, which kind of shows how much confidence these people have on their beliefs when they refuse to engage into dialogue with non-Christians.

Moral of the story is, I think you should be grateful that you have been given the privilege by our Admin and mod teams to express your own views and ideas on this forum because clearly, we are not given the same freedom to express our ideas on your forums the same way you are given here.

Consider this a friendly advice from my own experience only. No offence intended in any way

Greetings PureTruth,

Wow really? I am shocked and dismayed. I have often wondered about the 'Christian' forums.

If I am offended it is only at those forums that are calling themselves Christian and behaving in such a manner.

And may I express also my appreciation for this forum. You are right, only those who fear that their own beliefs can not stand feel they must run from others.

Salaam,

CLynn

I also love the ease of use of this forum. It is not overwhelming.

Edited by CLynn

To improve shiachat I would...

Create a delete button to go along with the editing feature, so a poster can delete a post if they need to.

Not practical in terms of debating. People keep saying stuff, then edit it, then reedit it, delete it and so forth. No one will ever know what the other person said, and can't really prove it unless you quote everything others say. 

(salam)

OK, I have a serious thought here.

As of now there are some 250,325 posts in the Shia-Sunni discussion forum alone. With unsorted, locked, trash and all buried under the list of pages. We need to organize, archive and clean up all or some of these. Perhaps place the best ones or the oft repeated ones in a archive subforum for reference. Similar situation is in other forums.

The thing is that as our dear SC forums are aging we need to help it become clutter free and comb those white hair even if they are white, groom it if you follow what I mean. It should be clutter free. Presentable. And user friendly.

I said that 3 years ago

To improve ShiaChat - I would get some members to start archiving !!

In order to improve Shiachat right now, I would press the big red "purge" button according to the previous routine because our ship's junk recyclotron is obviously in the red zone and I see a whole lot of mental content being spewed in posts and contaminating my beloved ship. There a lot of malicious life forms in the net who have evolved from the specie known as trolls and are developing traits of cleverness, subtlety and the ability to evade the junk collection and quarantine systems by finding loopholes in the specified codes. These codes should perhaps also be updated in the software.

Do something. We are losing sane crew members here.

And then the mods impose a collective punishment on all users.

I said that 3 years ago

To improve ShiaChat - I would get some members to start archiving !!

"It should be clutter free. Presentable. And user friendly."

I find the forum to be very user friendly...

except when the search feature isn't working. :)

I've tried many forums and I like the simple format and ease of use, of this one. :)

I would suggest a 'Download' button on each thread. There are some great threads with excellent learning materials which get eventually stashed under a heap of other threads. It only causes more problem especially when the search is broken. Although we can email link of a particular thread but I'm always paranoid that the link won't work too in the future sometime.

It will be nice to download the entire thread like a pdf file, similar to the ones we see on blogs and other websites. Please consider this option admins.

To improve Shiachat, I would like to see a big red button and a green Button. for? 

I don't know, I just like Green and Red. 

Hmm. Right now I see a lot of posts from you on the leaderboard. If you have nothing to say can you please not post? Thanks.

^ Well that seemed unnecessarily rude. :unsure:

In what way?  TheIslamHistory has been making so many posts that have very little substance or are copy/pasted from other places.  I see nothing wrong with a moderator asking him to chill it or at least put more substance into his (original) posts.

In what way?  TheIslamHistory has been making so many posts that have very little substance or are copy/pasted from other places.  I see nothing wrong with a moderator asking him to chill it or at least put more substance into his (original) posts.

Oops, I didn't notice that it was a moderator request.  :blush:

That's different then.

Copy and past?

You know whats Ironic?

when people see long Pieces of Information they assume that its copied and pasted.

Second of All whats wrong? did I spam? I don't think so, I only Put out my opinion just for laughs.

third of don't be so Quick to Judge.

(salam)  

To improve ShiaChat I would ....

• Fix all of the broken stuff.
  • Make Naz_, Basim Ali, and at least one other mod into admins.
  • Add around 5 or so new mods to the team.
  • Add a dislike button.
  • Un-ban ImAli.
  • Create a Muharram 1435 forum :mad:
  • Purge, purge, and purge again the old irrelevant stuff. Let us start fresh.
  • Remove the ridiculous PM limits.
  • Make Al-Mufeed change my username like I've asked 20 times :dry:

There is more, but this should be enough to start.

Edited by Naz_

To improve ShiaChat I would … make it a rule that if a mod issues you a warning, they are REQUIRED to pm you and tell you why and if they refuse to, more than 5 times, they lose their status as mod.

-______-

The ONLY mod that EVER warns me and I never even hear why.

YES! Excellent idea. We could have something like this....

12046709996_8b395540c7_c.jpg

The right bottom side of the forum all empty, and it can be used to fill it in with something useful like a calendar. 

And the days like eids, Mawlids, Muharam ect can be highlighted so people can know when they are at an earlier time. 

I hope the Admin team takes it into consideration  as it would be a very useful gadget to have here.

that looks soooo cooooooll!!! hopefully the admin will work on it! you've even found them the perfect spot for the calendar.