Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

To improve ShiaChat.com... [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(bismillah) (salam) Spring cleaning time. :) I remember when ShiaChat had a rule that if you did not post any messages, you had 0 posts, your account would be deleted. Currently there are 18,619 memb

YES! Excellent idea. We could have something like this....     The right bottom side of the forum all empty, and it can be used to fill it in with something useful like a calendar.    And the days li

My list: To many forums, threads are scattered everywhere. This is the main reason threads die prematurely because most people never even see it because the overwhelming number of forums. Creating a F

Posted Images

• Site Administrators

Salams

It would be great if user's "Content" wasn't limited to 1 year. Sometimes i like reading my old threads, and i can't find them due to the limit.

Use google for old content.

I would remove the 5 star rating feature of users in their profile, and replace it instead with a Like button, as we see below the posts, which the voters can remove at any time in the long term, just like in the posts, to affect overall standing. This would ensure that the subject user is not affected by the negative thinking of certain people for them, and he would only know how many people likes his works, which could even be zero, but it won't hurt him subconsciously like it would in the previous case.

Hmm worth considering....but there's no standard option to switch to 'like' system, as far as I can see. The current rating system comes by default and can either be kept or removed.

I would have a messenger system whereby you can have a live -text and PM with friends you 'authorize'- bit like Msn.

For a number of reasons, it's best that live chat is kept public (only).

We should have more active admins and mods. Having only 3 actives mods (and they aren't active at the same time) and 1 active admin is not good for such a forum. Some forums have mods for each section, maybe SC should consider this also.

Has been addressed.

Create more intellectually stimulating topics.

Less drama, less high school kiddies running around annoying the hell out of others.

Agree. Members should take ownership in this area and create more intellectually stimulating topics.

Spring cleaning time. :) I remember when ShiaChat had a rule that if you did not post any messages, you had 0 posts, your account would be deleted. Currently there are 18,619 members who have 0 posts. Email these people and ask them to make a post to show they are actual members. If they do not respond within 30 days their account will be removed. Hey, some of them are taking up good user names. :lol:

Yeh I guess it's about time.... Good search skills (Y)

Shiachat admins :

please bring back the delete button , This is not funny.

Idelete, Unodelete.

Create SC Virtual Training to be a good Muslim. So, like, how about engineering situations where a randomly selected poor soul here would be tested to see whether they act in a way that is in accordance to the commandment of Quran or against it?

Think about it, this could be a good idea. Maybe not good for Shiachat, but still ...

• Advanced Member

This is my last post today. I must be mute for 22 hours?

Couldn't you turn on the Like button so I could read and like other people's posts? :mellow:

(salam)

Yes you have a restriction on the number of posts you can make per day because you are still a basic member, This restriction will be lifted when you become an advanced member and have reached 50 posts although additional restrictions have recently been placed on members within the first four months of their membership.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

OK, I have a serious thought here.

As of now there are some 250,325 posts in the Shia-Sunni discussion forum alone. With unsorted, locked, trash and all buried under the list of pages. We need to organize, archive and clean up all or some of these. Perhaps place the best ones or the oft repeated ones in a archive subforum for reference. Similar situation is in other forums.

The thing is that as our dear SC forums are aging we need to help it become clutter free and comb those white hair even if they are white, groom it if you follow what I mean. It should be clutter free. Presentable. And user friendly.

• Veteran Member

There's something about reading the forum when I'm not signed in that I like. And it's that there are no likes on posts. You can concentrate more on what is being said rather than on how popular the post is. Back in the day there used to not be a 'like this' feature--and though it is handy and I use it often, I think the site might be better without it. Or a middle path would be to be able to like posts, but not see WHO liked the post, so more like a tally of total likes.

probably replace most of the mods. Like anything in the world, those with real world experience understand reality and handle issues unlike kids who go and do everything based on emotion and cannot view the bigger picture.

I assume this post will be deleted, Mod personal reason ( spam ), real reason ( truth hurts. )

There should also a be a big banner which states this is a dictatorship. People should know what they are getting into. Be honest, one of simple tenants of islam.

Edited by D3v1L
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

What are you like 10 years old?

No just trying to eliminate wahabi trolls. A troll who just wants to come on this site real quick to mess it up is not going to sit through a test. Its basically a deterrent. The amount of people getting banned in this site is ridicules might as well come up with a way to stop them from coming instead of keep banning them over and over again.

No just trying to eliminate wahabi trolls. A troll who just wants to come on this site real quick to mess it up is not going to sit through a test. Its basically a deterrent. The amount of people getting banned in this site is ridicules might as well come up with a way to stop them from coming instead of keep banning them over and over again.

Yes but some people come for knowledge, they come to learn and don't know anything. So honestly I don't know what kind of test you are thinking about. There was a woman a while back who came here looking for her husband who went MIA and in the meantime she learned about our religion.....she was a christian but after learning became shia. Unless you know of an anti troll test...the admins have put a good system in place, extending the amount of time and posts you need to send private messages or go to the chatroom and extended the mod review time etc. Other than that welcome to the internet :Hijabi: .

Edited by ImAli
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

to improve shiachat I would...

stop banning people for expressing their ideas...

or at least review all of their content and not ban when a single thread may get over heated...

We all say things sometimes in the heat of the moment without thinking...

so at least speak to the individual publicly... on the forum... about what is objectionable on a particular thread...

how else can people learn?

Salaam.

People should also be respectful, not come here simply to spew their hatred.

Speaking of which CLynn, how come you're still here? I thought you were banned?

To quote Basim Ali from the banned members thread http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/234970870-banned-members/page__st__200#entry2565486

CLynn banned for blasphemy against the Prophet
(pbuh)

Any slight disrespect shown towards the Prophet
(pbuh)
, explicit or implicit, in public or in private and regardless of how much time you've spent on ShiaChat or how clean your past record is, will result in an immediate and permanent ban as stated in the
- no questions asked.
  • Advanced Member

Greetings aliasghark,

I was granted a pardon for speaking in a heated moment... for expressing my own ideas in a way that was unintentionally objectionable. Not all of my posts however, are objectionable, and it is not a good idea to throw out the baby with the bathwater. :)

Surely you would want to be granted mercy also, for a misstep? We all make them.

Salaam,

CLynn

But that's a good thing, right? It's a great chance for you guys to clarify misconceptions about Islam. Even if his intents aren't fair, it provides a good opportunity for you guys to show the correct picture of Islam so anyone else with same misconceptions can have their doubts cleared.

And I still think we should ban modsters. What the hell is their problem? What are they goin' to suspend/ban members for next? For stealing their candies?

Edited by The Exalted One

Erm ...

CLynn: You Muslims believe that the moon is God.

Muslims: No we don't. Because (gives reasons and explanation and arguments and reasoning etc.)

Now those who carry such beliefs about Islam [but doesn't declare it outright] comes across your arguments, they would have their misconceptions clarified. Showing the truly picture of Islam, sounds pretty productive to me.

Yeah but, think of it this way, you guys can provide reasons like "Islamic God cannot possibly be moon God because Quran mentions that the sun and the moon are His creations. How can He be His own creation? And one of God's names is Ever-Lasting One, yet moon [and even Quran tells that] will perish. So how can He be that? That's against His Nature as we learn from Quran. Also, Quran outright says that don't bow to the sun and the moon, but bow down to The Creator of sun and moon [or something like that]. If Our Lord was moon, why would He ask us to not worship Him? (Etc.etc.etc)"

Besides, this forum shucks. Such restrictions will kill it further. There will be more ragequits, more teenage grudges, more modsters acting like bunch of overly sensitive prom queens sittin' high on their throne while giggling at the lashing they put abominable heathens like me for blaspheming their e-pe---never-mind.

Edited by The Exalted One

Yeah but, think of it this way, you guys can provide reasons like "Islamic God cannot possibly be moon God because Quran mentions that the sun and the moon are His creations. How can He be His own creation? And one of God's names is Ever-Lasting One, yet moon [and even Quran tells that] will perish. So how can He be that? That's against His Nature as we learn from Quran. Also, Quran outright says that don't bow to the sun and the moon, but bow down to The Creator of sun and moon [or something like that]. If Our Lord was moon, why would He ask us to not worship Him? (Etc.etc.etc)"

Well done, why aren't you Muslim yet?

• Advanced Member

Greetings and Salaam.

Maybe not all of them, but why is it that most of your posts seem to be around biased 'Islam is bad', 'Christianity is better' and 'Muslims believe that the moon is God' type ideas?

Greetings aliasghark,

Those are only the posts that you read. :) I post many other things as well, not just sharing discussion about religious beliefs...

and I agree with what The Exalted One has said...

it is an opportunity for us to exchange ideas, and for you to help me understand better why you believe, and what you believe. It is an opportunity for you to allay my concerns. You show me who you are by the ways in which you respond. I show you the same. We learn about one another.

... and no I don't think muslims believe the moon is god. I only speak about the origins of all religion... they all have crossovers with pagan beliefs, one way or the other, since pagan belief was all any of us had at one time. I like knowing where words come from also.

Salaam.

Edited by CLynn