Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali

To improve ShiaChat.com... [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

inshaAllah, why did you guys get rid of the thing on the profiles where it says in which forum the person posts the most in, i.e. Off-Topic or Islamic Laws, etc? You should bring it back.

Not sure whether it happened after the last update or if one of the fellow admins changed settings. I think it's the former... will chk if we can bring it back.

He made perverted comments about Muslim women.

I think it was more of a slip of tounge than anything malicious. You hear women saying that about bradd pitt (shia women) all the time. He just said he found her really pretty (in other words).

A warning would have sufficied. We have now alienated someone from gaining knowledge.

Why was Zulfiqar-e-Ali banned?

Most likely because he called a marja' (Sayyed Fadhlallah) a heretic. I reported him, and told him that he should get punished severely for this. He got what he deserved.

Edited by Naruto

Most likely because he called a marja' (Sayyed Fadhlallah) a heretic. I reported him, and told him that he should get punished severely for this. He got what he deserved.

But his post is still there though, wouldn't it have been removed?

I think it was more of a slip of tounge than anything malicious. You hear women saying that about bradd pitt (shia women) all the time. He just said he found her really pretty (in other words).

A warning would have sufficied. We have now alienated someone from gaining knowledge.

No...it's been going on a long time, not only on that thread. His posts were become creepier and more maniacal by the day....he made the skin of almost every sister on here crawl before it was over with.

I don't think they delete his posts if he gets banned.

Looks like he may have been suspended or perhaps he requested to be unregistered because there isn't a big red ban by his name.

Looks like he may have been suspended or perhaps he requested to be unregistered because there isn't a big red ban by his name.

Yeah, he's probably just suspended for a few days.

No...it's been going on a long time, not only on that thread. His posts were become creepier and more maniacal by the day....he made the skin of almost every sister on here crawl before it was over with.

+1, he appeared literally insane.

(salam)

It would be great if user's "Content" wasn't limited to 1 year. Sometimes i like reading my old threads, and i can't find them due to the limit.

Same for the limite of "Content/Follow". I followed many threads and i see only a few of them and the recent ones.. What's the purpose of following threads if they disappear ?

What about the like button on users profile ?

I would remove the 5 star rating feature of users in their profile, and replace it instead with a Like button, as we see below the posts, which the voters can remove at any time in the long term, just like in the posts, to affect overall standing. This would ensure that the subject user is not affected by the negative thinking of certain people for them, and he would only know how many people likes his works, which could even be zero, but it won't hurt him subconsciously like it would in the previous case.

Also the 5 star rating equal

a) a stereotype fixing for new comers to the person's profile, and the bad side of such a rating system is that it is done by only 1 or 2 individuals interested in such a system to set the mental image for the rest of visitors to come; and not done by the others. So it can be quite a biased image setting based on the opinions of a meager amount of individuals.

b ] You cannot read the mind and heart of a user to give people the ability to permanently score the person by a few stars. It is unethical from what I understand and not on the path of Islam.

Please reconsider switching the useless 5 star rating system of individuals, with a like button, as we see within posts. And it is not necessary, that people need to see who has given them a like, just the number would do fine, in case it leads to ego building, and hinders the muslim from his purer goal.

Edited by MAFHHM

I would have a messenger system whereby you can have a live -text and PM with friends you 'authorize'- bit like Msn.

You have already admitted that you are Rational Thinking http://www.shiachat....tated-actually/

I thought banning was permanent??

Admins should make members be able to PM only if they have 100 posts and every time they post they have to be approved by an admin/mod. The reason for this is because an admin/mod would know if the member is a previous banned user by the way he posts. Members here keep getting private messages from these sick people who send us horrible pics. If you make this rule you wouldn't have to go through all the work to clean the system from their pointless and disgusting threads/posts.

Sorry sis - I know how horrid it is to be sent those pics

Edited by Queen Yoda II

Admins should make members be able to PM only if they have 100 posts and every time they post they have to be approved by an admin/mod. The reason for this is because an admin/mod would know if the member is a previous banned user by the way he posts. Members here keep getting private messages from these sick people who send us horrible pics. If you make this rule you wouldn't have to go through all the work to clean the system from their pointless and disgusting threads/posts.

Do you know how much time this will take to mods?

Also, you can't PM if you have less than 50 posts.

We should have more active admins and mods. Having only 3 actives mods (and they aren't active at the same time) and 1 active admin is not good for such a forum. Some forums have mods for each section, maybe SC should consider this also.

We should have more active admins and mods. Having only 3 actives mods (and they aren't active at the same time) and 1 active admin is not good for such a forum. Some forums have mods for each section, maybe SC should consider this also.

I agree with having more active Admins and Mods, but I disagree with different mods for different sections. That would only cause more problems as what if the mod for the Brothers section is online, but not the one for the Imam Mahdi (as) section? Would the mod not be able to cross over?

Create more intellectually stimulating topics.

Less drama, less high school kiddies running around annoying the hell out of others.

More reflections on Prophet Muhammad, Imam Ali and rest of the Imam's teaching. Now I know that, well, this is a Shia site, and of course the teachings of Imams are reflected upon and discussed here. But I'm talking about the right balance. Personally, I think there should be MORE topics, MORE discussion. [And especially more Nahjul Balagha].

More cool fellas who can really use their knowledge and intellects to give others a helping help, and more discussion of social issues.

Don't know if this is the right place to adresss this but:

I think the new restrictions on posts and PMs one can make per day be lifted based on the number of posts you make, and not the amount of time you have spent on SC.

A contributing member may have to wait 120 days to have these restrictions lifted eventhough s/he has many contributing posts to make.

A troll can create an account, troll other forums for 4 month, then after these 4 month pass, and after making 50 posts, he could flood this forum with his troll posts.

Basically, the best way to determine the quality of the posts of a forumer is the number of contributive posts s/he makes, not the amount of time s/he spends here.

Also, usually, when you're typing and you press Enter, you go go one line lower, however, this doesn't work when I use Internet Explorer 10 (it works on other forums). I have to resort to Firefox.

(salam)

It would be really great if it was made compulsory for all members with the default display picture to change it and choose a proper one. I hate it when I see members with it. This one:

default_large.png

It's so plain and boring. :dry:

(wasalam)

Edited by Crescent