Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
kaneez e mehdi

looks!

Rate this topic

(bismillah) (salam)

Yes looks do matter but not very much important.And what i think is someone seems to be the most beautiful/handsome to one and ugly to others as AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáìknew his creation very nicely :D ....so all depends on a persons mind & perspective.

I have heard some married women who have the husbands like Prince but they are not worthy at all ....so the comment from their wifes are "HUSBANDS AREN'T THE SHOWPIECE TO BE DISPLAYED IN SHOWCASE,THEY SHOULD BE LIKE DEVOTED & HELPING HUSBANDS" (well JUST comments :D )

Important to wake up to a cute face in the morning :P

No problem just have a mirror and have a cute face :lol: :P (we want the start nice naaaa)

Wassalam.

[Edited] Everythings matter a lot when searching for ur life partner...at that time looks i think aren't of great importance.Personality,being pious & good character counts much.

Edited by Fatimaa

being gd lookin isnt just about havin a face like johnny depp, its all about style and how the person presents themselves, their way of dressing, how well groomed they r lol ie. hair n woteva, and also just how they act- initially u mite not find a certain sum1 goodlookin until they talk/smile/ other things that they do and the way they basically present themselves (its not sumthing that they should be aware of) ahhh its so hard to explain, but tht was my attempt lol.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I never said that all pretty girls are less pious.. dont twist my words based on your own prejudices...

I said i've seen less pious pretty girls get married easily while those really pious who are less pretty remain unmarried while they live in the same society have the same social status etc...

I'm jus sick of this attitude of judging people based on looks. I don't even understand how people are happy with it... Do you like being paraded like a piece of meat? the only way u would be even considered for marriage is if u are physically pleasing to the eye... It's disgusting... And i will never accept that this is something islamically recommended.

Fe aman Allah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Assalamalaikum,

You missed my point. How do you know which sister is more pious? Only Allah can be sure in this matter.

o ppl if looks do matter for this gr8 extent wat those poor ppl shud do who r unfortunately less good looking?

shud they keep themselves behind or y they must work harder than the good looking ones to achieve something

(bismillah)

(salam)

Looks matter . . . most definitely

Would any sane girl want to marry Maulana Fazlu Rahman, or Maulana Sami ul Haq?

They'd rather go folks like movie actors, and models, who have good looks to commed them and very little else, if at all

قَد قُتل الحسينُ به كربلا

اُجڑ گئ ہاۓ ثانیِ زاہرا وچ کربل دے واويلا

----

نقشِ الا لله بر صحرا نوشت -- سطرِ عنوانِ نجات ِما نوشت

ا ے صبا، اے پیکِ دورافتادگاں -- سلامِ ما بخاکِ پاکِ او رسا

اقبال

Please check links below

(salam)

ok well according to the Matching Hypothesis in psychology all those who say looks dont matter, its probably because you're ugly, and those that say it does, its probably because you're good looking.

p.s there is STRONG support for the matching hypothesis, so think you're thoughts through carefully.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

the matching hyposthesis from what i understand states that what one person lacks in, they look for that in the other. you match up the person according to what you lack or what you have too much of. so why would a person who is as you like to phrase it 'ugly', 'not' care about looks. i am not saying that this may not apply to some people. but you cannot generalize it. hence it is called a hypothesis not a theory. tentative reason, may not be true.

Wasalaam

(salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alaikum Asalaam

Looks do matter. Oh yes, they do. :!!!:

Sis Z

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

doesnt it mention in the Quran that you should marry a person for their piety. sorry cant seem to remeber the exact verse. And i also recall this one hadith where it says if you look at someone in terms of a marriage perspective, then judge the female by her ability to raise your children. will she be able to guide my kids on the right path as commanded by out prophet (pbuh). dont think they mention anything about looks. :unsure: as mentioned before, looks are only a temp thing. they may bet here one day and not the other. it is the soul of the person you live with and not their picture. i personally do not value looks. rather the level of intelligence and personality. depends on what you value more.

i apologise if i may sound offensive, that is not my intention . :)

Wasalaam

Edited by zafarheen

Alaikum Asalaam

doesnt it mention in the Quran that you should marry a person for their piety. sorry cant seem to remeber the exact verse.  And i also recall this one hadith where it says if you look at someone in terms of a marriage perspective, then judge the female by her ability to raise your children.  will she be able to guide my kids on the right path as commanded by out prophet (pbuh).  dont think they mention anything about looks.  :unsure: as mentioned before, looks are only a temp thing.  they may bet here one day and not the other. it is the soul of the person you live with and not their picture.  i personally do not value looks.  rather the level of intelligence and personality.  depends on what you value more.

i apologise if i may sound offensive, that is not my intention .  :)

Wasalaam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah)

(salam)

I agree.

I do not know what the Imam's (as) look like or the Holy Prophet (pbuh) but to me they are the most beautiful ppl ...

:blush:

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) said: "He who marries a woman (only) for her beauty, Allah wiil assign the beauty of that woman as a harm and trouble for him."

Wasa'il-ush Shi'ah, vol. 20, p. 53

Imam Sajjad (as) said: "He who marries for the sake of Allah, Almighty and Glorious, and for the union of kindred, Allah will grant him the crown of glory and honour."

Man La Yahduruhul Faqih, vol. 3, p. 385

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) said: "Do not marry a woman only for her beauty since her beauty may cause her impiety; nor for her wealth because her wealth may cause her disobedience; but marry a religious woman for her Faith."

Al-Muhajjat-ul-Bayda, vol. 3, p. 85

Allah knows our intentions and Allah knows Best

:)

(salam)

Guest Caelum

looks do matter, but not in the way you define looks.

By it i mean, that you feel at ease when you look at your companion.

There are some ppl, they can be quite handsome, but you feel so uncomfortable around them.

Ya Ali Madad & AOA

I dunno, i guess looks matter a little.

I mean yeah a girl or a guy can be smart and have a great personality but you know they have to show it too. They have to express themselves to show like what kind of a person they are.

Guest Musulmano

(salam) ^^^ Don't worry Ali Al Mahdi :)

LOOKS ONLY MATTER IF YOU LOOK LIKE THIS

105412.jpg

OTHER THAN THAT INSH'Allah KHAIR

Guest Qt-Maram

^OMG, that just scared the hell out of me!!

Well, anyway i think looks do matter, but to a certain extent, just as others and others and others have mentioned this before me. :huh:

Edited by Qt-Maram

Guest THE GUARDIAN OF FAITH

Looks matter. Period! B)

My pic is below.

Ws, Sah

uglymug4.jpg

Edited by THE GUARDIAN OF FAITH

looks matter to an extent

To what extent? Be more specific.

Ws, Sah

^ i mean looks can do so much and than what? looks arent everything theres much more to it

Yup. I agree with you.

Looks aren't everything in life, but they do have strong affects on our daily lives.

Ws, Sah

^^^DUDE SERIOUSLY WHERE IS THAT PLACE!!!! ITS GORGEOUS MASHALLAH!

I believe that's the interior of the hagia Sophia, Istanbul, with the tondo bearing the names of the 4 caliphs.

Ws, Sah

For me looks don't matter. In fact, I want an ugly husband. Cause ugly husbands are thankfull towards you for you are the only one who wanted to marry him. And would an ugly husband ever treat you wrong? No, cause if you leave him he never finds another wife again! . Just I want my husband to treat me like a queen and I feel that an ugly husband will do that. But I don't know if my theory is correct. Hope I find that out later :D