Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Usuul-e-Deen..

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Just realized that I didn't indicate the Usuul-e-Deen.. even though most know them.. I just want it to be out there

Usuul-e-Deen:

Tawheed (Oneness of Allah(swt))

Adal (Allah(swt) is Just)

Nabuwat (Representatives of Allah(swt))

Imammat (Representatives of Prophets)

Qayamat (Day of Judgement)

I bolded a few words because I feel that a person can come to agree on these terms using logic... wassalaamun alaikum

Edited by Zafaryab
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

The Usul Al din are actually 3.

Tawheed

Nubuwaa

Meead

Adil forms part of Tawheed and Immama forms part of Nubuwaa.

We do not need the Quran to arrive at these facts since they are guided by the intellect. The Quran clarifies, and confirms what is possessed within the human being concerning these realities, it also speeds up the pace at which we can arrive to these conclusions since it is a guiding book from Allah.

The fact that there is no contradiction between Aqil and Usul al din prooves that it is possible to arrive to these conclusions using the Aqil alone.

Edited by Hassoon
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Tawheed

Nubuwaa

Meead

Is this the official view?.. I have never heard it before but it sure makes sense :)

We do not need the Quran to arrive at these facts since they are guided by the intellect. The Quran clarifies, and confirms what is possessed within the human being concerning these realities, it also speeds up the pace at which we can arrive to these conclusions since it is a guiding book from Allah.

The fact that there is no contradiction between Aqil and Usul al din prooves that it is possible to arrive to these conclusions using the Aqil alone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you brother.. I know that there are many religions that believe in the first four (i.e. Tawheed, Adal, and the Representatives)... but lack the last one... so I feel it is possible that we can arrive at these concepts with logic... just wanted other opinions... wassalaamun alaikum

• Veteran Member
(bismillah)

Tawheed

Nubuwaa

Meead

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam) I donot agree brother, because before some of the Sunnis Allah is not "Adil" though by tongue they may say it but when they say "Good or Evil both are from Allah" then howcome they can have faith in Adal of Allah. Secondly we can prove Imamat from Quran and Sunnah both. Because frankly Speaking the Doctrine of "Quran only" was a biddah of Umer. He was first to say "Quran is enough for us" and every body knows for what purpose. Frankly speaking you have to learn Islam from Sunnah so Quran and Sunnah go side by side. I can prove Imamat from Quran and Sunnah. So we have basis of our "Usool e Dean" in Quran and Sunnah. The question should be for Sunnis From where they got the concept of Khilafah (as known by them)?. The Khilafah they know is not recognized by Quran and Sunnah. It is just a political institution and on these weak foundation the building of Sunni sect is standing :P

• Advanced Member
(salam)

wa 3laikum assalaam bro Khurram

I donot agree brother, because before some of the Sunnis Allah is not "Adil" though by tongue they may say it but when they say "Good or Evil both are from Allah" then howcome they can have faith in Adal of Allah.

Yes.. I heard sunnies have this notion that whatever Allah(swt) does is good.. whereas the shi3a believe that Allah(swt) only does good... doesn't mean Allah(swt) cannot do bad.. but just that He would not go against His own principles.. I hope you understand what I mean.. but by Adal I kinda meant that Allah(swt) is good... no one claims that Allah(swt) is evil na3udubillah.

Secondly we can prove Imamat from Quran and Sunnah both. Because frankly Speaking the Doctrine of "Quran only" was a biddah of Umer. He was first to say "Quran is enough for us" and every body knows for what purpose. Frankly speaking you have to learn Islam from Sunnah so Quran and Sunnah go side by side. I can prove Imamat from Quran and Sunnah. So we have basis of our "Usool e Dean" in Quran and Sunnah.

Prophets and imaams can be summed up as representatives of Allah(swt).. I wanted to know if you can come up with the idea all by yourself... without the means of the Quran.. I mean.. can you say that a god MUST have representatives?? And that those representatives have more representatives... see what I mean?

The question should be for Sunnis From where they got the concept of Khilafah (as known by them)?. The Khilafah they know is not recognized by Quran and Sunnah. It is just a political institution and on these weak foundation the building of Sunni sect is standing  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was trying to focus more on the Usuul-e-Deen... Khilafah is not part of it.. I don't know if their belief MUST include that for them to be sunnies.. but I am just concerned about the shi3a belief here :)... wassalaamun alaikum

• Site Administrators
Prophets and imaams can be summed up as representatives of Allah(swt).. I wanted to know if you can come up with the idea all by yourself... without the means of the Quran.. I mean.. can you say that a god MUST have representatives?? And that those representatives have more representatives... see what I mean?

Assalam u Alaikum Zafar bro.

Although Usul-e-Deen can be extracted from reasoning, it is essential to know that Allah's Representatives were the ones who invited the ignorant mankind to Allah's religion and its Usuls. It was not possible for ignorance to derive Usuls of Deen without Knowledge. The representatives were the ones to spread the knowledge. And it was aql, which later attested the truthfulness of this knowledge ( of Usul-e-Deen ) through reasoning.

Hence, Usul-e-Deen can be extracted from reasoning because a true religion and its principles are supposed to appeal human intellect. But this should not be taken to imply that Allah did not send His representatives. This is because Allah's Representatives are Allah's Hujjah ( formality ) on mankind which depicts the firmness of Nizaam-e-Adl of the court of Allah who did not lay a burdon on mankind to only use aql to derive His laws.

Instead, Allah sent His representatives to invite the ignorant to knowledge and wisdom and to His religion. The representatives were the ones who, by the will of Allah, guided humanity through Allah's words and provided justifiable replies to human reasoning and intellect; hence, leaving no room for us to go astray.

Fi-Amanillah.