Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Wedding Dresses

Rate this topic

Alia_ailA

• Advanced Member

(salam)

:Hijabi: - Does anyone know of any sites which have long arabic style wedding dresses (lebanese - even better) I'm always seeing Pakistani or Indian styles, and have not yet found any Arabic Styles which are fit to wear with a scarf.

(I'm not getting married - my sister is lol, so i just want to admire some dresses :D) :angel:

Any Websites u might know of ?

:blush:

Salam x

• Advanced Member

What do you mean lebanese ones? Are they liek normal wedding dresses? Like a white dress?

I got one made for me for our registration - our civil amrraige. This meant i could get a coat and scarf done to match etc. (she even did a matching purse/bag for me - which jsut toally topped it all off!)

It actually is quite reasonable to do this and you can stick to your own budget so its not ott.

• Advanced Member

Lebnani ones :huh: ...ok I swear they aint that dif. from the usual ones...if you want them designed [with scarf and everything] its gonna cost you like $20,000 min. though...

[Moderator's note: Inappropriate pictures removed]

there is also http://ellazahlan.com/ if your going for the weird effect. B)

Edited by Ya Aba 3abdillah

• Advanced Member

well when it comes to wedding dresses, Arabs have no style. they copy off Americans and wear them "inappropriate ones" thats why sherihan's pics got removed. so if u wanna rock some real wedding gear, try indian/pakistani dresses :D

and have not yet found any Arabic Styles which are fit to wear with a scarf.

im sorry but im afraid u shall never find them, bcuz such a dress does not exist in this big bad world :no:

• Advanced Member

Awww u mean there are no dresses for women that wear scarves ! Hmmm... someone needs to change that. I wannaa dress :( And i mean its not hard, all u gotta do is make the sleeves longer, the neck higher, and just a lil looser lol. and like the scarf attached to the Veil (the big white netty thing) And Then its sorted :D

:rolleyes: Life isnt complicated if u make it simple

Awww u mean there are no dresses for women that wear scarves ! Hmmm... someone needs to change that. I wannaa dress :( And i mean its not hard, all u gotta do is make the sleeves longer, the neck higher, and just a lil looser lol. and like the scarf attached to the Veil  (the big white netty thing) And Then its sorted :D

:rolleyes: Life isnt complicated if u make it simple

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you can find them in iran. plenty.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Sorry kingjafri but whats up with the comments about arab wedding dresses? theres nothing wrong with them and so what if they wear the traditional white dress, thats how its been in the arab countries, they are not copying anyone. anyways, Alia you can find lebanese wedding dresses anywhere and all you have to do is add sleeves on them if they dont already have them. Here in the U S of A there are Muslim women who actually sow wedding dresses for hijjabis and they come out beautiful! with a matching scarf and any other accessories that u may need (and no it will not be at least $20000, you people are haters). We usually get them from American places like Demetrios.

http://www.demetriosbride.com/

If you need anymore help let me know

Walykum Wasalam

(bismillah) (salam)

The sisters who I know that enjoin modesty just find a white abayah dress and put a hijab on with niqab (cause of the make up issue). Then, if you wanted to make it fancy you can sew on some things.

The other solution you can do is get a beautiful white chador and wear it over your gown. Then you can just remove it when your not infront of nonmahram.

Alternatively, you can look for "celtic" style wedding gowns such as thiss one:

WG325M.jpg

Then you can the waist line opened or leave it tight and wear a long scarf to cover the tightness.

I personally like these:

post-22162-1133470879_thumb.jpgpost-22162-1133470843_thumb.jpgpost-22162-1133470861_thumb.jpg

Edited by Burqa N Purdah

The other solution you can do is get a beautiful white chador and wear it over your gown. Then you can just remove it when your not infront of nonmahram.

this is a good idea! i like that

(salam)

Alternatively, you can look for "celtic" style wedding gowns such as thiss one:

WG325M.jpg

post-22162-1133470879_thumb.jpgpost-22162-1133470843_thumb.jpgpost-22162-1133470861_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wooo, That is BEAUTIFUL...Arwen Style!!

Yeah..Celtic is best bet...

janel%20on%20front%20page.gif

La la lalalalala

Common girls we dont copy no one style u dont see us walking with our father through the pathway

grr how embrassing

lol

just wait a couple years and u will see this name every where

hint hint ( fashions by marwa ) *** thts me anyone wanna see my wedding desgins i will post them continue soon

• Advanced Member

Yeah ! Aww they're so beautiful. Thats The sort of thing i meant.. I wouldn't wear a chador/3abaya on my wedding either :S I think for my wedding im going to have all the girls together, and all the guys together seperatly. Then at the end of the day, my husband can come get me , and take me away :D lol so i wouldnt have to wear anything - but i would like to have a long wedding dress anyway, just so i can have a part of it mixed. :)

• Advanced Member

^Lol thats hot!! :wub:

...hm i always thought of wearing a nice dress, and then having a nice chador or coat sorta thing that i could wear over it if i hav to go out n theres namahrams...i forget who, but someone put up a nice one! (tho, id hav to have one that goes with my dress!! :P ) id prolly want somethin to put go over my face as well cuz of all the makeup..sorta like how the christians have that lil net veil thingy over their face...but eh doesnt matter if i get a nice dress or not, doesnt really matter as long as my 'husband-to-be' is a sweet and nice guy! :blush: :P

• Advanced Member

Aww - i want an organized wedding like the christians - except not in a church. like a garden wedding, everyone has seats, and i walk up to the groom with my daddy :D lool annd bridesmaids etc. Its better than having a girls/boys party :S I want to make it special, a day to remember, Not just messing about.

• Advanced Member

awwwwwwwww me 2. i don't care...weddings can be sorted. i'm so good at organising weddings and parties. but finding the guy is the problem. i cant gag sum1 and drag them down the aisle n make them marry me. oh orlando. when will you become muslim?