Sign in to follow this  
meh

are belly piercings haram?

Rate this topic

is it haram to pierce your belly? ive heard piercings are halal in general but belly piercing is a lil more dangerous. fatwas from a variety of marja would be good, thanks :)

I dont think its Harram 'cause I know this good Muslimah chic and she just got it done. From what I know, this gal wont do anything Harram. so... I say go for it gal....PLUS...Its HOT...(Oops,,am I allow to say HOT here)

I dont think its Harram 'cause I know this good Muslimah chic and she just got it done. From what I know, this gal wont do anything Harram. so... I say go for it gal....PLUS...Its HOT...(Oops,,am I allow to say HOT here)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you know about it?

Guest blessedflower

(bismillah)(salam)

The clip-ons can be a nice alternative. Safe and hygenic, too.

:squeez:

Edited by blessedflower

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont think its very appropriate to refere to this good muslimah as a chic dont you think? the least you can do is adress her with a little bit of respect, ow wait she must be you sis or something otherwise how on earth did you find out she got one, unless she went around announcing it to everyone, sounds a bit u kno :huh:

anyways, i dont think theres anything wrong with it, the little crystal ones are cute :angel: , although i personally would'nt recommend them, because some of them are un-safe and can cause some serious infection problems, i say refrain form getting them!

Allah y3lam

du3s w.salam

Edited by At-Tahirah

If its dangerous then I think it won't be allowed & the person doing it will be NA-MAHRAM too? :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Firstly, actually its mainly women that do the piercings so its not na mahrams.

Secondly it isnt haram islamically unless it is shown off to na mahrams, its alright to get to adorn her self for her husband

And thirdly it may becum makrooh for it is dangerous for a pregnant women to get, a person with a belly ring should take it out a couple of months before falling preganant or her stomach growing big, because the whole expands and affects the belly button and also it may have long term affects. thats something i read. :)

Also i really dont see why it is necessary haram or not. :unsure:

Take and salams

Edited by hajjeh-fatme

^technically, but it really depends on the kind (big, small eg.), i defenatly say nahh not worth it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I so agree!

Like hajjeh fatme said, it's not haram, tho, when its used for purposes like showing off, seeking attention bla bla, then thats where it being haram comes in.

it is easy enough to find a woman to do the piercing, and they usually do it in a private room.

Imam Baqir [a] said: "It does not matter what a women ornaments herseff with for her husband."

AI-Kafi, vol. 5, p. 119

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And how did you interpret this as talking about piercings?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

brother, how do u know maybe that is the only bad in her, she could be one of the most pies person there is ???

Belly Piercing is one way to gain pleasure of the world in other words its Hubbe-e-Duniya.

Its definately not Islamic, and between a Modest Islamic Lady will never pierce her Belly even if she only shows it to her Husband, Because a Modest Islamic Lady will always take Sayyida Az-zahraa (as) as her role model and will follow sayida (as)'s footsteps.

This is another notion of the west to corrupt the minds of our youths with these ideas of piercing/fashion.

'yOuTh CaN mAkE oR bReAk IsLaM!'

Belly Piercing is one way to gain pleasure of the world in other words its Hubbe-e-Duniya.

Its definately not Islamic, and between a Modest Islamic Lady will never pierce her Belly even if she only shows it to her Husband, Because a Modest Islamic Lady will always take Sayyida Az-zahraa (as) as her role model and will follow sayida (as)'s footsteps.

This is another notion of the west to corrupt the minds of our youths with these ideas of piercing/fashion.

'yOuTh CaN mAkE oR bReAk IsLaM!'

Salam sis , If you dont like piercings then i respect your opinion but Just because some western women show off their belly piercings to non mahrams this does not mean that a muslim women adorning herself for her husband is going astray from islam or gaining pleasure of the world. Many things can be concidered love of the world if they are simply done in the WRONG INTENT. If a women wishes to make herself more beautiful for her husband then that is her personal choice and has nothing to do with her manners or with her modesty . she is MARRIED. I am not married yet and am planning on getting my belly pierced soon. WHy ? because i like how it would look on me and hopefully my future hubby would think its nice too :) I know many modest and islamic ladies who have pierced their bellys this has not changed them in any way, they are still modest good muslim women. Im sure even if we had Sayida fatema as our role models we should keep in mind that Sayida Fatema adorned herself for Imam Ali ( AS) as all women in islam should to their husbands

wasalam

No, it's not Haram, but I would recommend that you get one once you're married, cause you'll never know what your husband is like, he might think it's disgusting.

But yepp, make sure you go to a clean place before you get the piercing. :)