Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Brother Taha, if you don't mind. :)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

allahu akbar

its said that when usman was being martered, the prophet came to him in a vision saying to usman , usman you can either live and find out who the munafiqs are and kil them all. or you can come and eat with me and my companions tonight. usman chose the latter and then was martered. (hayatus sahabah)

what a beautiful martydom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did anyone find out what vision usman had when he didn't get a chance to relate it?.. did he tell it to someone or was he shouting it out when the rebels came to kill him?.. wassalaamun alaikum

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Advanced Member

Eeman, you are assuming that the way Ali (as) would rule was in accord to his own judgement, BUT shias see that Ali (as) (and the other imams (as)) ONLY followed Qur'an and TRUE sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh). IF the "sunnah of the two sheikhs" was not in conflict with that, why would Ali (as) not agree to rule in accordance with that? Of course, it also begs to be answered why IF the "two sheikhs" acted only in accordance with Qur'an and sunnah of the prophet (pbuh), why was there a reason to differentiate between the "sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) and the "sunnah of the rightly guided caliphs after him"? If they were identical, or not in conflict, there is ONLY ONE SUNNAH, and that is of the Prophet (pbuh)... something Ahlul Bayt (as) knew, and never violated.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam) + Ya Ali Madad!!!

What rubbish are U talking about the Genes of Mola Hussain (A.S)???? Explain urself...

you obviously dont know the history of your own imams. your imams basically came from abu bakr via his son.

Bring ur proof.... Imam Hussain (A.S) was the son of Mola Ali (A.S) and Bibi Fatima (A.S), Imam Ali Zain ul Abideen (A.S), the Son of Mola Hussain (A.S)... Imam Mohammed Baqir (A.S) was the Son of Imam Ali Zain ul Abideen (A.S)... And so on..... Imam Jafar Sadiq (A.S)'s mother was from Abu Bakr's offspring, Mohammed Bim Abu Bakr... Now I know U were referring to this when U opened up ur mouth and talked about AImah (A.S).. U have been repeatdly informed in the thread about teh acts and actions of Mohammed bim Abu bakr, ws went AgAINST his family at most of the times.... Now a Question for U.... What did Ayeha tell Mohammed bim Abu Bakr and what was his reply to her after Mohammed bin Abu Bakr was ordered by Mola Ali (A.S) to take Aysha back????

About Uthman, well if he was such a big martyr, how come his body was not buried for three days???

absolute falsehood. have you been brainwashed by your scholars aswell

Infact, a dog amputated his arm or a leg also.. And howcome he was buried in the JEWISH portion of Baqi... Prob ppl, for once atleast, listend to what Ayesha said (Hint: Kill that old Jew)....

contine speaking nonsense.... im not even going to take you seriously

Btw, since we are on the topic, What was Mohammed bi Abu Bakr's role in the killing of Uthman????? And why did he START the agitation against Utman????

thats another shia filthy accusation.and a direct insult of ali

About Usman, well, Mohammed bim Abu bakr was one of the ppl who started teh Agitation against him... Go read Tarikh-e-Asim Kufi, a sunni book..... So ur denial is nuthing but a common practise by ur likes... UR DENIALS WOULD NOT CHANGE THE HISTORY.... Since we are on Uthman, wasen't it Ubaidullah bin Umar who killed Uthman and then ran away to seek shelter with Mauwiya (L.A)??? What, are U going to deny even this now???? Go ask the mollah of ur KALI....

Yet another question for the Nasibis up here.... WHEN DID MOHAMMED BIN ABU BAKR DIE...???

Wa Salam + Ya Ali Wali

• Advanced Member

I've posted this a few times, but here it is again, from a sunni source, detailing the burial (and delay thereof) of Uthman

The funeral

The dead body of Uthman lay in the house for three days. Naila the wife of Uthman approached some of the supporters of Uthman to help in the burial of Uthman. Only about a dozen persons responded to the call. These included Marwan b Hakam, Zaid b Thabit,'Huwatib b Alfarah, Jabir b Muta'am, Abu Jahm b Hudaifa, Hakim b Hazam and Niyar b Mukarram. The dead body was lifted at dusk. In view of the blockade no coffin could be procured. The dead body was not washed as water was not available. Uthman was carried to the graveyard in the clothes that he was wearing at the time of his assassination. According to one account permission was obtained from Ali to bury the dead body. According to another account, no permission was obtained, and the dead body was carried to the graveyard in secret. According to another account when the rioters came to know that the dead body was being carried to the graveyard they gathered to stone the funeral, but Ali forbade them to resort to any such act, and they withdrew. According to one account Ali attended the funeral. There is however overwhelming evidence to the effect that Ali did not attend the funeral. Naila the widow of Uthman followed the funeral with a lamp, but in order to maintain secrecy the lamp had to be extinguished. Naila was accompanied by some women including Ayesha a daughter of Uthman.

The burial

The dead body was carried to "Baqi' al Farqad", the graveyard of Muslims. It appears that some persons gathered there, and they resisted the burial of Uthman in the graveyard of the Muslims. The supporters of Uthman insisted that the dead body would be buried in the graveyard of the Muslims. Those who were opposed to such burial grew in strength, and fearing lest such opposition might take a more ominous turn. the dead body of Uthman was taken to the neighboring graveyard of the Jews "Hush Kaukab", and buried there in a hurry. The funeral prayers were led by Jabir b Muta'am, and the dead body was lowered in the grave without much of ceremony. After burial, Naila the widow of Uthman and Ayesha the daughter of Uthman wanted to speak, but they were advised to remain quiet as danger was apprehended from the rioters.

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Article...n_bin_ghani.htm

Note that Ali (as) who had the power to effectively forbid the "rioters" did NOT give Uthman's family permission to be buried in Baqi (which it seems he could have done, since he was able to stop the "rioters" from stoning the funeral procession) nor did he attend the funeral.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Allah o Akbar. Allah is the Greatest

Ya Allah Madad

Eeman, you are assuming that the way Ali (as) would rule was in accord to his own judgement, BUT shias see that Ali (as) (and the other imams (as)) ONLY followed Qur'an and TRUE sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh). IF the "sunnah of the two sheikhs" was not in conflict with that, why would Ali (as) not agree to rule in accordance with that? Of course, it also begs to be answered why IF the "two sheikhs" acted only in accordance with Qur'an and sunnah of the prophet (pbuh), why was there a reason to differentiate between the "sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) and the "sunnah of the rightly guided caliphs after him"? If they were identical, or not in conflict, there is ONLY ONE SUNNAH, and that is of the Prophet (pbuh)... something Ahlul Bayt (as) knew, and never violated.

i was not assuming what you have thought but thanks for this comment

if u can please answer my asked question? i dont require a detailed answered but even a brief clear answer will do the job. thnaks in anticipation

and by the way

All Muslims do Belive that there is ONLY ONE SUNNAH, and that is of the Prophet S.A.W.W.... something Ahlul Bayt ( (ra) ) knew, and never violated.

thierfore it is Clear that every thing has to be done as Hazrat Mohammad S.A.W.W. did and Ahlul Bayt ( (ra) ) knew the Sunnah of Hazrat Mohammad S.A.W.W. , and never violated so they (ra) never did or asked their followers to do anything which is against the Sunnah of Hazrat Mohammad S.A.W.W. and so all the things which are associated to Ahlul Bayt ( (ra) ) which are Against the Sunnah of Hazrat Mohammad S.A.W.W. are Fabricated and these things have nothing to do with Ahlul Bayt ( (ra) ).

Ah Allah! give us the True knowledge and guide us as YOU are the only ONE Who can guide us. Aameen

• Advanced Member

Non-shias believe that the "rightly guided caliphs" also set a sunnah which is as valid to follow as that of the Prophet (pbuh) This excerpt is from http://islamicweb.com/history/khalifas.htm

The Rightly Guided Khalifa (Khalifa Rashed, The orthodox caliph) means a successorto the prophet Muhammad (pbuh). All muslims must obey the rightly guided khalifas as The Prophet (pbuh) said:

"Therefore, hold fast to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided Khalifas (Caliphs), hold it between your front teeth! And beware of innovations (in the religion), for every innovation is a bid'ah (bid3a), and every bid'ah is a deviation, and every deviation is in the Fire." (Bukhari & Muslim)

and according to http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=227 the same quote is from Sahih Al-Jami ' As-Saghir, no. 2549

and according to http://www.allaahuakbar.net/SCHOLARS/ibn_t..._wal_jamaah.htm the same quote is reported by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidhi who said it is a good and sound hadith, and Ibn Majah)

and according to http://www.theclearpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=1&start=1 the same hadith is Narrated by Abu Dawood (Eng. Trans. Vol. 3, page 1294). Also narrated by Ibn Abee ‘Aasim and At-Tirmidhee who said that the hadeeth is hasan Saheeh. The hadeeth was also authenticated by Shaykh al-Albaanee in Saheeh Sunan Abu Dawood (Vol. 3, page 871, #3851).

Now, we can show many examples of where the three "rightly guided caliphs" strayed from and even violated the known sunnah of the prophet (pbuh) (and even Qur'an) (eg. three at once talaq, banning of muta', taravi, (s)election of leadership of the ummah, etc.). Ahlul Bayt (as) never did stray from the Sunnah of the PROPHET (pbuh) but did NOT adhere to the sunnah of the three caliphs because, as you said, there is ONLY Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) :)

but what you said about what you claim is universal Muslim belief about Ahlul Bayt (as), is also what we believe about the prophet (pbuh), but apparently NOT what sunnis believe or portray about either Ahlul Bayt (as) NOR the Prophet (pbuh) when we look at their "SAHIH" collections, or their own defenses of the actions of the "rightly guided caliphs" when their actions differed with, or outright conflicted Prophet's (pbuh) sunnah and even Qur'an... then it's the caliphs who NEVER were wrong, and the Ahlul bayt (as) or Prophet (pbuh) who weren't infallible, unerring, etc. So, nice to see you can talk the talk, but when it comes down to it, do you walk the walk (i.e. defend Prophet (pbuh) and Ahlul Bayt (as) against accusations of error/mistakes AND acknowledge when the "sahaba" (including the three "rightly guided caliphs") erred and even contradicted Qur'an and sunnah?

Edited by Aliya
  • Advanced Member
2) Many of the past scholars beleived in tahreef, and they are not condemned by contemporary scholars. They are, in fact, highly respected and their books are treasured. Also, most of the contemporary scholars believe in 'tahreef bit-tarteeb' which is tahreef in the arrangement of the Quran (e.g. Syed Seestani, Syed Ali Milani, the Ahlul-Bayt World Assembly). Many shia members here also believe in this tahreef.

For example, here are the words of Faidh Al-Kashani:

æÇáãÓÊÝÇÏ ãä åÐå ÇáÃÎÈÇÑ æÛíÑåÇ ãä ÇáÑæÇíÇÊ ãä ØÑíÞ Ãåá ÇáÈíÊ Úáíåã ÇáÓáÇã Ãä ÇáÞÑÂä ÇáÐí Èíä ÃÙåÑäÇ áíÓ ÈÊãÇãå ßãÇ ÃäÒá Úáì ãÍãÏ Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáã Èá ãäå ãÇåæ ÎáÇÝ ãÇ ÃäÒá Çááå ¡ æãäå ãÇ åæ ãÛíÑ ãÍÑÝ ¡ æÃäå ÞÏ ÍÐÝ ãäå ÃÔíÇÁ ßËíÑÉ ãäåÇ ÇÓã Úáí Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ¡ Ýí ßËíÑ ãä ÇáãæÇÖÚ ¡ æãäåÇ áÝÙÉ Âá ãÍãÏ Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáã ÛíÑ ãÑÉ ¡ æãäåÇ ÃÓãÇÁ ÇáãäÇÝÞíä Ýí ãæÇÖÚåÇ ¡ æãäåÇ ÛíÑ Ðáß ¡ æÃäå áíÓ ÃíÖÇ Úáì ÇáÊÑÊÈíÈ ÇáãÑÖí ÚäÏ Çááå ¡ æÚäÏ ÑÓæá Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáã æÇãÇ ÇÚÊÞÇÏ ãÔÇíÎäÇ (Ñå) Ýí Ðáß ÝÇáÙÇåÑ ãä ËÞÉ ÇáÇÓáÇã ãÍãÏ Èä íÚÞæÈ Çáßáíäí ØÇÈ ËÑÇå Ãäå ßÇä íÚÊÞÏ ÇáÊÍÑíÝ æÇáäÞÕÇä Ýí ÇáÞÑÂä áÃäå Ñæì ÑæÇíÇÊ Ýí åÐÇ ÇáãÚäì Ýí ßÊÇÈå ÇáßÇÝí æáã íÊÚÑÖ áÞÏÍ ÝíåÇ ãÚ Ãäå ÐßÑ Ýí Ãæá ÇáßÊÇÈ Ãäå ßÇä íËÞ ÈãÇ ÑæÇå Ýíå

And the words of At-Tabarsi:

Åä ÇáßäÇíÉ Úä ÃÓãÇÁ ÃÕÍÇÈ ÇáÌÑÇÆÑ ÇáÚÙíãÉ ãä ÇáãäÇÝÞíä Ýí ÇáÞÑÂä ¡ áíÓÊ ãä ÝÚáå ÊÚÇáì ¡ æÅäåÇ ãä ÝÚá ÇáãÛíÑíä æÇáãÈÏáíä ÇáÐíä ÌÚáæÇ ÇáÞÑÂä ÚÖíä ¡ æÇÚÊÇÖæÇ ÇáÏäíÇ ãä ÇáÏíä

Salams

See the following link for the answer:

Quran Tehreef

I've posted this a few times, but here it is again, from a sunni source, detailing the burial (and delay thereof) of Uthman

Note that Ali (as) who had the power to effectively forbid the "rioters" did NOT give Uthman's family permission to be buried in Baqi (which it seems he could have done, since he was able to stop the "rioters" from stoning the funeral procession) nor did he attend the funeral.

sis aliya the article gave different accounts of what happened. you just selected one account.

also this article has been used to support one claim yet it goes on to destroy all the other shia claims. it gives support to muawiyahs position especially with the request of usman (ra) wives.

surely sis aliya you are not claiming that ali (ra) had some indirect involvement in the muder of usman (ra)

• Advanced Member

of course I'm not saying Imam Ali (as) had anything to do with uthman's death, where do you even get this idea from :wacko:

I posted the article/link because it clarifies the details of Uthman's burial. The "one account" I "selected" just happens to be the one that has the MOST EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT IT...

as for Muawiya (la), I'm sure his decision had NOTHING to do with the fact that Uthman's reign was infamous for the NEPOTISM Uthman showed (favor for his relations), and Muawiya (LA) was RELATED to Uthman, so he (Muawiya (LA)) took the step of incorporating the Jewish cemetery into the Muslim cemetery.... :rolleyes: My question is, if it was so important and such a good act, why didn't Imam Ali (as) do it? Could it be that it wasn't such a good act??? :angel:

as for Muawiya (la), I'm sure his decision had NOTHING to do with the fact that Uthman's reign was infamous for the NEPOTISM Uthman showed (favor for his relations),

no. his decision that the caliph of the muslims, and a sahabi with such a high status such as usman(ra). and as the link that you quoted shows muawiyah had the duty for avengence which had been done for umar (ra) and was done late for ali (ra).

whether he was caliph or not, doesnt matter muawiyah would have had the duty for revenge.

and Muawiya (LA) was RELATED to Uthman, so he (Muawiya (LA)) took the step of incorporating the Jewish cemetery into the Muslim cemetery.... :rolleyes: My question is, if it was so important and such a good act, why didn't Imam Ali (as) do it? Could it be that it wasn't such a good act??? :angel:

yeah yeah............ carry on with your hatred. how about saying muawiyah without cursing him????

you deny that ali (ra) was involved in the murder then you implying that ali (ra) hated usman (ra). astaghfirrullah

Edited by umar_khan
  • Advanced Member

I think Uthman's character, and FLAWS are clear, when even Aisha is calling him a Jew and calling for his death....

and again I notice you bring this statement that Muawiya (LA) avenged Ali's death, but you bring 1. no DETAILS and 2. no PROOF. Since the killer of Imam Ali (as) was imprisoned, and Ali (as) stated the terms in which the man was to be executed, and ALSO that NO ONE ELSE SHOULD BE KILLED.... how is it that you claim Muawiya (LA) avenged Ali's death when 1. he was not in a position to kill the man who killed Imam Ali (as) and 2. if he punished others he was in VIOLATION of what Imam Ali (as) himself said should be done.

So... I'm STILL waiting for you to elucidate, if you can, your claims about Muawiya (LA) (and no, I cannot bring myself NOT to curse the cursed son of the cursed liver eater (LA), killer of imam Hasan (as) and enemy of Ahlul bayt (as), though I DO pity those who are adamant that he's somehow deserving of respect and praise, astaghfirullah)

I think Uthman's character, and FLAWS are clear, when even Aisha is calling him a Jew and calling for his death....

another baseless accusation

and again I notice you bring this statement that Muawiya (LA) avenged Ali's death, but you bring 1. no DETAILS and 2. no PROOF. Since the killer of Imam Ali (as) was imprisoned, and Ali (as) stated the terms in which the man was to be executed, and ALSO that NO ONE ELSE SHOULD BE KILLED.... how is it that you claim Muawiya (LA) avenged Ali's death when 1. he was not in a position to kill the man who killed Imam Ali (as) and 2. if he punished others he was in VIOLATION of what Imam Ali (as) himself said should be done.

read the treaty between hassan (ra) and muawiyah

So... I'm STILL waiting for you to elucidate, if you can, your claims about Muawiya (LA) (and no, I cannot bring myself NOT to curse the cursed son of the cursed liver eater (LA), killer of imam Hasan (as) and enemy of Ahlul bayt (as), though I DO pity those who are adamant that he's somehow deserving of respect and praise, astaghfirullah)

sis aliya your the one that needs to bring proof that shows up muawiyah. my thinking like all sunnis is the conventional thinking. your accusations are not conventional hence the owness is on you to bring proof.....................

Edited by umar_khan
  • Advanced Member

lol... use the search feature, PLENTY of proof has been brought for all the claims I've made. I'm not going to waste my time, bringing proof again and again (as has already been done by me for you in NUMEROUS other threads) when you turn a blind eye to it, dismissing it simply because it comes from a shia, even though I'm citing SUNNI sources from SUNNI sites.

and the ONUS is on YOU to back the claims YOU made about Muawiyah (LA) avenging Ali (as) because I say it didn't happen, and I've brought proof and LOGIC that shows it COULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED UNLESS MUAWIYA (LA) DISOBEYED IMAM'S (as) OWN EXPLICIT ORDERS. (btw, I read the 5 items of the treaty, and see NOTHING about the killers of Imam Ali (as))

lol... use the search feature, PLENTY of proof has been brought for all the claims I've made. I'm not going to waste my time, bringing proof again and again (as has already been done by me for you in NUMEROUS other threads) when you turn a blind eye to it, dismissing it simply because it comes from a shia, even though I'm citing SUNNI sources from SUNNI sites.

and the ONUS is on YOU to back the claims YOU made about Muawiyah (LA) avenging Ali (as) because I say it didn't happen, and I've brought proof and LOGIC that shows it COULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED UNLESS MUAWIYA (LA) DISOBEYED IMAM'S (as) OWN EXPLICIT ORDERS. (btw, I read the 5 items of the treaty, and see NOTHING about the killers of Imam Ali (as))

its clear that we will have to agree to disagree on the sahabah (ra).

so sis aliya, do you believe that you are totaly correct and the sunnis have got it totally wrong???????

• Advanced Member

I would not be so arrogant as to believe that I am TOTALLY correct without any room for the possibility of being wrong. I would say, that to the best of my knowledge, what I believe is the correct belief. and unless and until I see convincing evidence to the contrary I have no reason to change my belief... but I'm not afraid to change when I'm proven wrong, or shown the correct view which differs from my own thoughts/beliefs...

can you say the same?

I would not be so arrogant as to believe that I am TOTALLY correct without any room for the possibility of being wrong. I would say, that to the best of my knowledge, what I believe is the correct belief. and unless and until I see convincing evidence to the contrary I have no reason to change my belief... but I'm not afraid to change when I'm proven wrong, or shown the correct view which differs from my own thoughts/beliefs...

you believe mostly that you are correct but there is a doubt that you may be wrong.

can you say the same?

i say that i am correct on my beliefs on the sahabah, with no doubts at all. as the sources and the scholars that i have learnt from are exemplary.i dont just pick and choose quotes to my satisfaction

Edited by umar_khan
  • Advanced Member

^ don't know whether to classify that as arrogance or foolishness. EVERYONE has the capacity to learn and change their views based on KNOWLEDGE. To say that EVERY belief one holds is beyond need for improvement based on knowledge is folly

and before anyone takes offense with me using the term folly, here's a definition

fol·ly (fl) Pronunciation Key

n. pl. fol·lies

A lack of good sense, understanding, or foresight.

The state or quality of being foolish; lack of understanding or sense.

A foolish action, practice, idea, etc.; absurdity: the folly of performing without a rehearsal.

^ don't know whether to classify that as arrogance or foolishness. EVERYONE has the capacity to learn and change their views based on KNOWLEDGE. To say that EVERY belief one holds is beyond need for improvement based on knowledge is folly

and before anyone takes offense with me using the term folly, here's a definition

fol·ly (fl) Pronunciation Key

n. pl. fol·lies

A lack of good sense, understanding, or foresight.

The state or quality of being foolish; lack of understanding or sense.

A foolish action, practice, idea, etc.; absurdity: the folly of performing without a rehearsal.

sis aliya, what you dont realise is that sunnis have heard nothing but good about the sahabah from reliable sources and there are direct hadiths from the prophet (pbuh) himself. now when i hear the total opposte views from the shia about the sahabah, from weak sources. how can you expect me to accept what you are saying????????

• Advanced Member

um.... you heard nothing but good hadith about the sahaba FROM THE SAHABA, since no hadith we have today comes directly to the compiler of hadith from the Prophet (pbuh). It's these chains we must consider. and 1. of course the sahaba (esp. three caliphs) have incentive to say great things about themselves, and 2. you cannot have it both ways. EITHER sahaba were forgetful/neglectful of Prophet's (pbuh) sunnah that Umar had to "remind them" after Abu Bakr's 2 1/2 year reign, OR they were the MOST RELIABLE people to take the sunnah from.

One thing always strikes me. Shias are not afraid (in fact we are ENCOURAGED) to look into others' books (eg. sunni books) and learn about them, because we can find our beliefs substantiated in even sunni books. BUT I notice that sunnis are NOT encouraged to do the same. They are not only discouraged to accept ANYTHING from shia sources (including dismissing anything shias say), but have their own hadiths/history explained away so that they don't mean what they say (i.e. Aisha stating that Bibi Fatima (as) got angry with Abu Bakr and remained angry with him until she died, sunnis will claim does NOT mean that Fatima (as) got angry and stayed angry with Abu Bakr :blink:)

Edited by Aliya
  • 6 years later...
  • Advanced Member

Salaam Aleikum,

Cant believe the last post on this topic was over 6 years ago and I still remember reading the posts here when Brother Tahasyed testified his converstion to the sunni school of thought.

I am an orthodox Sunni:

1) Maliki in Fiqh (click here for a brief overview of Maliki Usool)

2) Sunni in Aqida (click here to read the Aqida Al-Tahawiyyah)

3) Orthodox Sufi of the Shadhili Tariqa (click here for a brief audio overview of authentic Sunni tasawwuf by the Wali of Allah, Sheikh Nuh Keller)

Although I find the reasons why he no longer remained a shia to be weak, atleast he is striving to find this straight path albeit being wrong in my opinion.

Everyone is accountable for their own actions and their own research and struggle finding the siraatul mustaqeem, and I admire Brother Tahasyed for making a decision to convert, as that must have been difficult.

We are all muslims with our own interpretations and as long as he has based his decision on academic research , i dont see a problem with it. A persons belief and practice needs to click in his mind.

However it is also important not to be ignorant and turn a blind eye to other daleels provided, and one must look into it without fearing the shuns of society.

I dont think Brother Tahasyed is guilty of the above though, as he has declared previously that he allready made a decision and converted from being a salafi to a shia. To once a again convert from being a shia to a sunni (sufi) cant have been an easy task.

I wont bother replying to the points he raised as I am sure, six years on, he must have gotten an answer to them by now. If not, Brother Tahasyed, You can always pm me.

Also brother if you happen to read this posts, i have private messaged you when you converted to the sunni school of though but havent had an answer, as I would like you to present some of english books on your beliefs. Particularly those that convinced you to choose the school of thoughts which you are in today.

Albeit 6 years later, atleast i have now contributed to this topic.

May Allah (swt) guide us all.

Allah Knows Best

Ali