Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Rawshni

Prisoner of Sanity

Rate this topic

Prisoner

of

Sanity

You there in the mirror

I choose to recognize you not

Imposters through the years

Mankind has seen many

Pretenders to the throne of reason

Clowning buffoons who've claimed

The divine madness of milady's love

Then what of your claim that you are me?

It weren't my fingers

That mauled your visage bloody

I

With ice in my veins

Forbearance in my upbringing

Fear of all the gods and demons

--- of home, hearth and heaven in my heart!

Am too civilized

To lift my hand even upon myself.

Rawshni

Edited by Rawshni

^Complicated perhaps but very nice..

try looking in the mirror as a third person, perhaps you have ,

Sis rawshni ... loved it... read it twice.. perhaps understood a lil more the second time.. its not striaght forward though.. perhaps it comes with experience...

Keep on entertaining us...

Um... are you mocking yourself?  Questioning your self-opinion and criticizing your self-attitude?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Poets do poetry. It's the task set to critics in particular and the readers in general to interpret it . . .

(bismillah)

(salam)

My interpretation :

The subject has been forced to become someone that they are not comfortable with. It seems like some sort of traumatic event in their lives has caused this, possibly some sort of abuse or oppression :

'It weren't my fingers

and this has made them cold and hardenned :

I

With ice in my veins

Forbearance in my upbringing ...but there is some resentment to having to become this 'person' unrecognised by themselves , as an imposter almost:

Rawshni, its complex and powerful and well written. I know this sounds abit picky but I would have preferred some extra puntuation to make it easier to read. I really liked the referrence to the mirror to reflect on the subject's perception of his/her inner self.

ws

Syeda

Edited by Ishq-e-Batool

(bismillah)

(salam)

My interpretation :

The subject has been forced to become someone that they are not comfortable with. It seems like some sort of traumatic event in their lives has caused this, possibly some sort of abuse or oppression :

'It weren't my fingers

and this has made them cold and hardenned :

I

With ice in my veins

Forbearance in my upbringing ...but there is some resentment to having to become this 'person' unrecognised by themselves , as an imposter almost:

Rawshni, its complex and powerful and well written. I know this sounds abit picky but I would have preferred some extra puntuation to make it easier to read. I really liked the referrence to the mirror to reflect on the subject's perception of his/her inner self.

ws

Syeda

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Salaam Sis

Yes it is underpinned by a lot that I have been made to bear.

I really don't know about other people, but for me, very often, forgiveness and forbearance have come with a price tag, a price that I have had to pay continuously. I do resent that . . . and on a different plane, I also resent my resenting that . . .

Laying oneself bare is not easy . . . clothing the bareness with understaning is even more difficult

Thank you ever so much for taking the time, and letting me know of your thoughts

Rawshni

Painted with the ink of pain and the implement of a cynic.

Kudos.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

. . . a cynic with compassion, albeit . . .

blessed be

Hey, start giving your poems a title in the title line. When I want to go back and look at an old poem of yours, I'm having to look at all of them to find the one I want.

Note: So far that is not so bad, they are all of good quality, but I have my favorites. "To a Sister in ShiaChat" the one I keep coming back to.

Edited by Spriglief

Hey, start giving your poems a title in the title line.  When I want to go back and look at an old poem of yours, I'm having to look at all of them to find the one I want.

Note:  So far that is not so bad, they are all of good quality, but I have my favorites.  "To a Sister in ShiaChat" the one I keep coming back to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gimme a few extra crdits. That's a device that gets them read more'n once. :P . . . helps sink in

Sowwy fo'the trouble, tho . . .

(salam)

Sister,

I love the lashing that you ruthlessly deal to your ego and vanity! Great potential to become a sufi (one day!) Who knows!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

Perhaps. Who knows. Thanks for the attention you've given my words.

Be well

I really don't know about other people, but for me, very often, forgiveness and forbearance have come with a price tag, a price that I have had to pay continuously. I do resent that . . . and on a different plane, I also resent my resenting that . . .

can totally feel you on the one

and as for the poem:

i loved it sis,

my favorite part of the poem... its the kind of poem i could read a million times over and every time feel something different while reading it.. going deeper into it and feeling something totaly knew i forgot to feel the last time i read it..

keep up the great work sis

Rawshni, your skill at expressing is worthy of recognition/compliments, which probably is not the reason you write such poetry. Your estate of mind makes your reader empathize with you which again is probably not what you desire.

I wish profit for the business woman in you :)

can totally feel you on the one

and as for the poem:

i loved it sis,

my favorite part of the poem... its the kind of poem i could read a million times over and every time feel something different while reading it.. going deeper into it and feeling something totaly knew i forgot to feel the last time i read it..

keep up the great work sis

Rawshni, your skill at expressing is worthy of recognition/compliments, which probably is not the reason you write such poetry. Your estate of mind makes your reader empathize with you which again is probably not what you desire.

I wish profit for the business woman in you :)

You guys certainly go over the top in your priase . . . pray that the fire keeps burning bright . . . please

Prisoner

of

Sanity

You there in the mirror

I choose to recognize you not

Imposters through the years

Mankind has seen many

Pretenders to the throne of reason

Clowning buffoons who've claimed

It weren't my fingers

I

With ice in my veins

Forbearance in my upbringing

Fear of all the gods and demons

--- of home, hearth and heaven in my heart!

Am too civilized

To lift my hand even upon myself.

Rawshni

Is that a boon or a bane of civilization . . ..???

Somebody tell me how I can search for ALL her poetry here

I'd thought of saying something quite different, and I came upon this . . . a beautiful analysis

I'm awfully interested in what you had thought, please post