Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Abu Talib

Interesting article on the Dead Sea Scrolls

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

From your response, it can be easily concluded that you more devoid of knowledge than the authors of the bible themselves. :lol:

Yes, my internet was out. So what? Just because I had problems with the internet does not make it mandatory that everyone should havve problems as well.

Did you even read my post? I said that Messiah also means the chosen one.

Muhammad(pbuh) was called the chosen one, the trustworthy one,etc.etc. The scrolls said that a kingly messiah will come. in other words, the kingly chosen one will come. And it refers to the final messenger of Allah.

Yes, he came to confirm that which was reveleaed originally to the People of the Book, and he brought new laws. So what's wrong with that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can easily conclude you have no wit or intelligence...

I was joking about the internet thing. I was pointing out that correctly speaking the internet was not out or yes, everyone would have suffered the same problem. Obviously you had problems with your Internet connection or you haven't paid your bill or whatever....

in other words, the kingly chosen one will come.

Again you confirm that you believe Abul Qasim was 2 prophets in one. It's irrelevant that you claim Christ/Messiah means the chosen one, (it doesn't but thats another point) the fact is you are saying Mohammad was the Chosen one! And the Kingly one!

2 for the price of 1!!

What's wrong with that? Dunno. You were the one who made the comment that Jesus teachings were not 'original'. I was just pointing out the same could be said of Abul Qasim.

I can easily conclude you have no wit or intelligence...

I was joking about the internet thing. I was pointing out that correctly speaking the internet was not out or yes, everyone would have suffered the same problem. Obviously you had problems with your Internet connection or you haven't paid your bill or whatever....

Again you confirm that you believe Abul Qasim was 2 prophets in one. It's irrelevant that you claim Christ/Messiah means the chosen one, (it doesn't but thats another point) the fact is you are saying Mohammad was the Chosen one! And the Kingly one!

2 for the price of 1!!

What's wrong with that? Dunno. You were the one who made the comment that Jesus teachings were not 'original'. I was just pointing out the same could be said of Abul Qasim.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, that's what you meant. Sorry. :P

Being Kingly and being the chosen one can be two features of one Prophet. I don't see how that can be irrelevant.

Jesus came to confirm the Torah and make somethings lawful which were previously forbidden to the Jews (according to the Quran). What I said was that the new teachings which Jesus introduced(according to the NT) has many paralles with pagan teachings.

Edited by Ibn Abu Talib

(bismillah)

The Islam of Abdullah bin Salam

Ibn Is-haaq said: It was narrated by Abdullah bin Salam, as narrated by some members of his family - and he was very intelligent and a scholar -, he said: "When I heard of the Messenger of Allah, sallAllahu 'alayhi wasallam, I knew his characteristics, his name, and his time that we were waiting for, and I had held it as a secret, holding my tongue, until the Messenger, sallAllahu 'alayhi wasallam, came to Madinah. When he stopped in Baqa', with Bani 'Amr bin Al-'Awf, a man came and told us of his coming, while I was atop a date tree of time working on it, and my aunt, Khalidah bint Al-Haarith, was sitting below me. When I heard of the coming of the Messenger of Allah, sallAllahu 'alayhi wasallam, I yelled "Allahu Akbar". Upon hearing my Takbeer, my aunt said to me: 'May Allah disgrace you, by Allah if you had heard that Musa bin 'Imran (Moses) was coming you would not have yelled louder'. So I said to her: 'Yes, auntie, by Allah he is the brother of Musa bin 'Imran, and is on his Deen, sent with what he was sent.' She said: 'Oh son of my brother, is he the same Prophet that we used to speak of who would be sent with the coming of the Hour?' I said: 'Yes'. She said: 'Then it is so.'"

He said: "Then I went out to the Messenger of Allah, sallAllahu 'alayhi wasallam, and I became Muslim, then I went back to my family and told them to become Muslim, so they did."

He said: "I kept my becoming a Muslim a secret from the Jews, then I came to the Messenger, sallAllahu 'alayhi wasallam, and said to him 'Oh Messenger of Allah, the Jews are a slanderous people, and I would like you to bring me into one of your homes, and to keep me from them, then ask them what they think of me, until they tell you about me, before they know about my Islam, for if they knew of my Islam, they would slander me and mock me.

So the Messenger of Allah, sallAllahu 'alayhi wasallam, took me into one of his houses, and they came to him, so they spoke to him and questioned him. Then he said to them: 'What is Al-Haseen bin Salam to your people?' and they replied: 'He is our master, son of our master. He is our wisest and our scholar.' When they were finished what they were saying, I came out to them and said: 'Oh Jewish community, fear Allah and take what he has brought to you. By Allah you know that he is the Messenger of Allah, as is written with you in the Torah, by his name and description, for I bear witness that he is the Messenger of Allah, sallAllahu 'alayhi wasallam, and I believe in him and know it is him.' They said: 'You lie', and attacked me."

He said: "So I said to the Messenger of Allah, sallAllahu 'alayhi wasallam: 'Did I not tell you that they are a slanderous people? They are a people of betrayal and lies and Fujoor (outward sinning).' So I made my Islam, as well as the Islam of the people of my house, public, and my aunt, Khalidah bint Al-Haarith, also became Muslim, and a good one at that.

On 10/4/2005 at 7:23 AM, satyaban said:

What does this have to do with the dead sea scrolls?

The "Scrolls" are a good indicater of how the Essenes lived but there is nothing new. They adopted Zoroastrian philosophy some almost word for word.

Zoroastrian is the fountain of semetic religions.

Peace

I very much doubt that what scholars called the "sectarian literature" in the Dead Sea Scrolls was written by Essenes. There is a brilliant book on this subject called "Beyond the Essene hypothesis" by Gabriele Boccaccini who is an amazing scholar of Second Temple Judaism. Most likely, and this is my theory not his, they were written by the Sicarii who were an extremist Zealot faction, as fragments of the "sectarian literature" have been found at Masada the mountain fortress where they held out against the Romans for a couple years after the destruction of Jerusalem in 66 A.D. before committing mass suicide.