Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

QUESTION TO ALL THE HIJABIS

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

asalamhoalaikuhm hijabis!

i have a question to ask, but im afraid its not gonna be about mutah or hijab or virginity or biriyani recipes or flowers or kittens or flowers that smell like kittens or what kind of dress im gonna be wearing for my wedding or whether i should marry the guy with the car or the guy who says he loves me or any of those things :(

no i have not time for such triviality! i come to discuss a matter of far greater importance!

basically, what it is right, i need to know how to wash my clothes without a washing machine :o yeh cos i heard people talking bout this ting called "hand washing" and im thinking thats mental how can you wash something with your hands :wacko: but i have been assured that this hand washing thing is real and not a myth like father christmas or michael jackson, soooo i would appreciate it ever so much if one of you hijabis could explain to me in extensive detail how to do it :D

(salam) (salam)

:lol: :!!!: :!!!: :lol: :!!!: :lol: :lol:

1. Get a bucket of warm to hot water around half full.

2. Add some fairy washing up powder or persil whatever tickles your fancy. (but fairy really makes your clothes soft)

3. Swirl it around a little till you get lots of bubbles.

4. Put your clothes in. If they are heavy items such as jeans then only put one in at a time. If they're t-shirts you can add three or four.

5. DO NOT MIX COLOURS WITH WHITES. Wash whites separately.

6. I then just usually rub all the clothes together in the water, taking care to use a small brush to scrub out any horrible stains like dirt or ketchup.

7. Then I tip the bucket out, fill a fresh one add some more powder and leave the clothes to soak in there for like half an hour or 10 minutes.

8. Rinse them out under the shower or tap and squeeze the water out

9. Dry

Wasalam.

Edited by arthur
  • Advanced Member
salaam

hello!!!

Well 1st of all im a lil confused??

GOSH!!! :o

Wots dat got 2 do wid Hijabis?? loll... Y cant ne1 else ansa! lol haha

well i dont think i'd get a very good reception asking this in the brothers forum do you :lol: most likely everyone'd start calling me gay and i'd receive a few death threats in PM so i think for the time being i'll stick with the hijabis

y wud u wna hand-wash neway??

cos im ghetto init. yeh im a propa thuglife ghetto boy u get me, i had to sell my washing machine to finance my bling addiction

post-9242-1126567951_thumb.jpg

Edited by DFC
  • Advanced Member

Asalaamu Alaykom Wa Rahmitu Allah Wa Barakatu.

how can you wash something with your hands

That made me chuckle sister :) I know I am old but I didn't realize how old I was upon reading that. Of course growing up the invention of washing machines was prominant everywhere but I remember my mom telling me she had to wash clothes by hand when she was younger. I realized though that your question was not HOW CAN YOU WASH rather more towards HOW DO YOU WASH.

I want to ask a question pertaining this question though. When your clothes are najas or janab is it permissable to still wash them in the washing machine.

Remember most washing machines offer a wash cycle and only one rince cycle. I was under the impression that to make things pure you have to wash it three times saying reciting the shahadah. Is 2 sufficient to get these clothes clean?

Your opinions plz.

BTW arthur: Thanks for the instructions :)

• Advanced Member
hello!!!

GOSH!!!  :o

well i dont think i'd get a very good reception asking this in the brothers forum do you  :lol: most likely everyone'd start calling me gay and i'd receive a few death threats in PM so i think for the time being i'll stick with the hijabis

cos im ghetto init. yeh im a propa thuglife ghetto boy u get me, i had to sell  my washing machine to finance my bling addiction

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL joka.. :P

I meant why not open to all sisters in general rather den jus hijabis! hehe.. ^_^

yeh im a propa thuglife ghetto boy u get me, i had to sell  my washing machine to finance my bling addiction

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOLLLLLLL HAHA.. jokaa. :!!!: :D

Hope ur 'bling' addiction material is worth it! lol ^_^

• Advanced Member
basically, what it is right, i need to know how to wash my clothes without a washing machine  :o yeh cos i heard people talking bout this ting called "hand washing" and im thinking thats mental how can you wash something with your hands  :wacko: but i have been assured that this hand washing thing is real and not a myth like father christmas or michael jackson, soooo i would appreciate it ever so much if one of you hijabis could explain to me in extensive detail how to do it  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

Well, that's what I have to do: washing clothes by hands. And I have so much of them there on the floor: jilbabs, abayas, trousers...

Yes, I live in a "civilized" countrylol... but the problem is that I don't have a washing machine and I can't get one. 1.) I don't have money 2.) Even if I had money I could not put it there because they didn't install the right type of pipes to connect it. There is one washing machine downstairs for all the people of this house but I feel discusting about going there again. That "washing room" (read: a warehouse with trash) is dirty and last time I saw someone's sweather shirt there with dog hair so I had to wash the ropes before I could put my clothes drying...

So what I do to wash my clothes? Alhamdulillah, I have a bathtub!! So I put some water there and then some washing powder. Then I wash the clothes in the soap water one after another and put them aside. I try to wash as much of them as possible... Then I take the soap water away.

Then I take one cloth at the time and wash it clean under the running clean water. I put the cloth under the running water and take it out from the water to squeeze it dry... Then I put it under the water again, I try to make it all wet all around... and then take it out again and squeeze... And the third time. I rinse each of the clothes at least 3 times and between them squeeze it dry to be sure that all impurity is away - and may Allah be merciful.

That's the way my husband teached me. He's purity freak. :P I don't know how official this way is but there are some rules about how to wash the clothes.

It's quite hard but try to think about that how people managed before. How did Fatima Zahra (as) manage without washing machine...? I just don't know did he have as much clothes as we do. Anyway, those clothes there on the floor wait for washing and I can't wash them at once. With my speed (which is not much) it would take about 1-2 weeks time to get them done. I'm realistic. Propably it takes much longer... :P

It takes about 1 day to make them dry in the toilet/shower where I had to put few ropes between two pipes...

Anyway, trying to think of the benefits of hand washing (it's hard if you wash a lot of clothes) there is one benefit: you get sports.

Fii amanillah.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

rahhhhh i forgot all about dis :lol: but now im back children so let us commence, please turn to page thirteen and three quarters in your textbooks.....

yarr but anyway thanks to all the hijabis who contributed, especially arthur (are you really a hijabi mr arthur?), smileynatalie and kareema. and a special shoutout to Sayeda_110 for highlighting my unlawful discrimination against non-hijabis. but no thanks for bismillah the apeman, i didnt find her comment particularly constructive or useful at all if im being honest :lol:

I WANT JAFFA CAKES DFC!!!!!

GIVE ME JAFFA CAKES YOU FUTILATING DIGESTIVE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCN0181.jpg

INSHALLAH

DSCN0181.jpg

INSHALLAH GIVE ME

DSCN0181.jpg

I WANT JAFFA CAKES..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the word was with him. Judas betrayed you......Thou art Judas and blank dvds can be purchased for a low price at PC world.

Okay yeh..."question to the hijjabis" So i typed in "HIJJABI" on google, cuz i was lookin for a wife yeah an this lady came up.....first thing that popped into my head was......WAT THE ~@** IS THAT?? nevertheless............It's all good

pic30.jpg

Edited by Desert-Leo
  • Advanced Member
^.. Brother Desert-Leo is upsets With Jaffa Cakes Isint it obvious??  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

asalmaolikum..

yep i can see that..but why is he upset with jafa cakes..... :unsure: ..i mean if its meant for eating eat them..and if he has some xtra send them to me.. :D ..problem solved... :blush:

Allah hafiz..

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
jaffa cakes jaffa cakes LAMA SABACHTANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

LOL!!!!!!! :!!!:

yep i can see that..but why is he upset with jafa cakes.....  ..i mean if its meant for eating eat them..and if he has some xtra send them to me..  ..problem solved... 

Allah hafiz..

I don't think he's upset with the jafa cakes...I think he's been having too little of them.

What IS a jaffa cake?

• Advanced Member

If you have something that says it has to be handwashed... Can you put it in the washing machine on gentle cycle and will it be ok?

Cause I have this really pretty pink shirt that has some lace on it, and it says hand wash!! But I am too lazy to handwash things. I don't know :(

What's up with the Jaffa Cakes? :huh: I don't get it.