Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali ki Badshahi hai

Aliens

Rate this topic

(salam)

but on a serious level I don't think aliens exist...........there might be other creatures out there we don't know about but the green aliens with 3 eyes.....ummm NO :!!!:

your statement has contridiction.... :P

aliens= extraterrestrial life, which can define as Originating, located, or occurring outside Earth or its atmosphere , since we have never seen or met any extraterrestrial life, so that green alien with 3 eyes is an imagination of either some artist or some writer , but who knows, may be they are right to imagine extraterrestrial life like that.

any one interested can read the article by clicking the following link

http://www.answers.com/topic/extraterrestrial

(bismillah)

(salam)

Of course they exist. Ali Imran is one.

lol nice 1 sah :!!!: :lol:

i dont know i never used to belive in ghosts or alians i always have been real skeptical i always thought that untill i found out ghosts r real i started thinkin that maybe alians r too i know i heard it from other people too so i do belive in alians now :!!!:

we dont have proof that they do exist.

besides i wont beleive such a thing until i here a very religious person saying something abt it

you mean you want a fatawa to start believing? ... :P try reading biharul anwaar by allama majlisi, the volume about my 6th master (as), in that volume you will find atleast 2 things, that modern science still wondering... alien and black matter.

Edited by amoha

I drew a pretty cuddly alien a few years back when I was 11... I wrote a whole story about her in which she was whizzing through the galaxy atop her solar surfboard and then crashed into a Hawaiian beach where two earthling children found her. :wub:

pict0722gs5.jpg

One of the ways of estimating the number of alien civilisations in communication range is by using the Drake equation and putting your own estimates in. The fun is in the estimation, as so little is actually known that it becomes a matter of personal choice.

The Drake equation is:

N = N* fp* ne *fl* fi* fc* fL

where

N* represents the number of stars in the Milky Way Galaxy

Question: How many stars are in the Milky Way Galaxy?

Answer: Current estimates are 100 billion.

fp is the fraction of stars that have planets around them

Question: What percentage of stars have planetary systems?

Answer: Current estimates range from 20% to 50%. (I'd say higher)

ne is the number of planets per star that are capable of sustaining life

Question: For each star that does have a planetary system, how many planets are capable of sustaining life?

Answer: Current estimates range from 1 to 5. (I'd say lower)

fl is the fraction of planets in ne where life evolves

Question: On what percentage of the planets that are capable of sustaining life does life actually evolve?

Answer: Current estimates range from 100% (where life can evolve it will) down to close to 0%. (I'd say 100%)

fi is the fraction of fl where intelligent life evolves

Question: On the planets where life does evolve, what percentage evolves intelligent life?

Answer: Estimates range from 100% (intelligence is such a survival advantage that it will certainly evolve) down to near 0%. (I'd say tiny - I would call this about 0.01%)

fc is the fraction of fi that communicate

Question: What percentage of intelligent races have the means and the desire to communicate?

Answer: 10% to 20% (smaller....0.1%)

fL is fraction of the planet's life during which the communicating civilizations live

Question: For each civilization that does communicate, for what fraction of the planet's life does the civilization survive?

Answer: This is the toughest of the questions. If we take Earth as an example, the expected lifetime of our Sun and the Earth is roughly 10 billion years. So far we've been communicating with radio waves for less than 100 years. How long will our civilization survive? Will we destroy ourselves in a few years like some predict or will we overcome our problems and survive for millennia? If we were destroyed tomorrow the answer to this question would be 1/100,000,000th. If we survive for 10,000 years the answer will be 1/1,000,000th <<< me too.

taken from http://www.activemind.com/Mysterious/Topic...e_equation.html

You can try the equation for yourself here:

http://www.pbs.org/lifebeyondearth/listening/drake.html

or here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/origins/drake.html

I get 3 communicable civilisations in the Milky Way! (I guess that includes us). Frank Drake, who devised the original equation in 1961 (which does have its flaws, admittedly) currently reckons the answer is 10,000.

Gulliver

Edited by Gulliver

The example of this earth to the first heaven is like a grain of sand to the whole ocean of the earth, And the example of the first heaven to that of the second heaven is the same. This goes on until the seventh Heaven.

Someone correct me if I am wrong

I have to apologise in advance for this, but I couldn't help checking it out. :blush:

A grain of sand has typical radius 0.025-1mm. Take the Earth's radius as 6,400 km.

So a grain of sand to the Earth is like the Earth to between 4 and 17 light years (using 1 light year = 9.46 x 10^15m), which is roughly where the nearest stars are - nowhere near the nearest galaxies.

If we scale it up again, by the same factor of 10^10 ish, we get to about 10^11 light years which is a few times larger than the known Universe.

Gulliver

PS...I just realised you'd written whole ocean rather than Earth. My bad!

OK..take a grain of sand of radius 1mm and take the accepted volume of water in all the Earth's oceans as 10^9 km^3. This means that you can fit 10^(9+9+9) grains of sand in all the oceans. But we're talking scale length here aren't we? so this gives us a scale factor of 10^9 (cube root of 10^27), give or take.

Being conservative and scaling up the radius of the Earth, this gives 0.7 light years for the first heaven...not close enough for the first star. :(

7 x 10^8 light years for the second heaven - about 200 Mpc - about the same as a galactic supercluster for the second heaven.

Next heaven is many many times the size of the known Universe.

Edited by Gulliver

(salam)

According to Islam the only living beings with a conscience are on earth because earth is the only planet in which Allah(sw) has created humans to his own image.

Wasalam

A: in Allahs image is shirk

B: its in the bible

C: the second ayat in the whole quran says Allah is the sustainer of all that exists, but it can and sometimes is translated as all the worlds

salam

I've heard a story about Imam Ali (as). He was asked about the existence of other worlds.. he answered "on this world, u get things out of the ground (plants, fruits, vegetables, minerals, etc..).. there are worlds where the creatures living on it get their life essencials from the air, just like you get it from the ground".. then people started to laugh and make jokes, then the Imam (as) said: "this was the same reaction I got from them when I told them about you"

this is a story my friend told me.. I hope someone can find the proper refference and proper translation.. this is just how I heard it from his mouth..

btw, subhan Allah, look at Imam Jafar's (as) knowlegde about the univerese, how come his statements never got recognized in the scientific societies of the modern world?.. everything he said about the stars is true, and those are facts scientist didn't discover before modern times, people like Galilleo are recognized in modern science, but I just don't understand how no one ever recognizes the words of Imam jaffar al sadiq (as)..

salam

I get excited when i see topics like this one!

I had a discussion about this with my wife while on a 5 hour drive 4 days ago!!

Can you imagine if you ever had the opportunity for an "alien" encounter? Ahhh that would be such a blessing from Allah!

Look at it this way, you travel the earth and meet/see different creatures of Allah. This would be just another encounter.... i mean maybe your first reaction would be to turn around and run as fast as you can (only because this is an unkown; we dont know what they look like.. could be "scary" by earthling definitions, but could be other who look similar to yes.. Allah A3lam).... but if you sit back and think about this for a second.. it truly would be an amazing event to witness during yoru lifetime.

uhh.. i voted "yes"!

I don't believe they exist because remember that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was the final messenger and prophet of God who sent the universal message of Islam and was sent to mankind and the jinn. Now if it was universal, he would've gone to the aliens too, but there are no records that hold that he did.

Edited by TrueMuslim

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

THERE ARE NO SUCH THING AS ALIENS. MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, THERE MIGHT BE SOME FORM OF LIFE OUTIDE OF EARTH BUT THERE IS NO WAY THEY ARE AS INTELLIGENT AS HUMANS. THEY COULD JUST AS EASILY BE LIKE THE ANIMALS ON EARTH

Guest hannibal
(salam)

According to Islam the only living beings with a conscience are on earth because earth is the only planet in which Allah(sw) has created humans to his own image.

Wasalam

Astaghfirullah be carefull what you say brother this is a christian belief and a verse in the old tetament in the bible in the book of genesis that says Allah created adam to his own image this is kufr, you unknowingly attributed image and physical attribute to Allah be carefull brother!!!!!

(salam)

Yes ufcourse aliens do exsist... well maybe not aliens but other living creatures yes...

god knows what lives on other planets in other worlds.... -_-

Yes, they exist :cry: I just hope I never encounter one. Unless it's really furry and cute.

What about ET?

And yes, I believe that there is life in the universe other than the life on Earth.