Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
succamano

The Baha'i faith

Rate this topic

Salam Alaykum,

Sayeed Ali Muahmmad a.k.a The Bab, meaning the Gate, was born in Shiraz in 1819. He claimed to be the messenger of God and he was just paving the way for a greater messenger. His new religious movement created a great stir. He was executed in 1850.

Another man who had become a follower of the Bab, Husayn Ali Nuri from Tehran, took the name Bahaullah, meaning "the glory of God" went on to find the Baha'i faith.

He was later exiled, he moved to Bagdad and then he claimed to be the bearer of a new message from God. He later died in Akka, which was then the Ottoman province of Syria and is now the state of Israel. His son was appointed his successor and he was invited to speak in mosques, churches and synagogues.

The Baha faith has no clergy or leadership, all are regarded as one and equal. They describe life as a journey to God. Manifestations of God, are those who are considered to be role models to the world, Abraham, Krishna, Buddha, Moses, Christ and Muhammad. Some even say that Bahullah and Bab are also considered among them.

Basically it's all about unity, the oneness of religon, the oneness of humanity and the oneness of God. InshAllah that has given you a little insight to the Bahai' faith, my knowledge about different faiths is limited at the moment, but i recently purchased a really good book and i'm learning new things. It's good to learn and understand different religon's. You learn to appreciate yours more and broaden your knowledge on other people's beliefs.

Take Care,

Wasalaam.

Salam Alaykum,

Sayeed Ali Muahmmad a.k.a The Bab, meaning the Gate, was born in Shiraz in 1819. He claimed to be the messenger of God and he was just paving the way for a greater messenger. His new religious movement created a great stir. He was executed in 1850.

Another man who had become a follower of the Bab, Husayn Ali Nuri from Tehran, took the name Bahaullah, meaning "the glory of God" went on to find the Baha'i faith.

He was later exiled, he moved to Bagdad and then he claimed to be the bearer of a new message from God. He later died in Akka, which was then the Ottoman province of Syria and is now the state of Israel. His son was appointed his successor and he was invited to speak in mosques, churches and synagogues.

The Baha faith has no clergy or leadership, all are regarded as one and equal. They describe life as a journey to God. Manifestations of God, are those who are considered to be role models to the world, Abraham, Krishna, Buddha, Moses, Christ and Muhammad. Some even say that  Bahullah and Bab are also considered among them.

Basically it's all about unity, the oneness of religon, the oneness of humanity and the oneness of God. InshAllah that has given you a little insight to the Bahai' faith, my knowledge about different faiths is limited at the moment, but i recently purchased a really good book and i'm learning new things. It's good to learn and understand different religon's. You learn to appreciate yours more and broaden your knowledge on other people's beliefs.

Take Care,

Wasalaam.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

great knowledg dear, but im quiet familiar with the religion to a great extend, but the point of this thread was to hear what the members of this forum think of the religion and what they know of it.

i really like to know what you guys know about this religion, and not from your own research but from what youve heard your parents or friends tell you, and weather you believe it or not, thanks.

Guest Layla

i have a bahai friend, very sweet. :wub:

not very relgious however, but thier religion seems peaceful.

i know theres a prayer they have to say each day....hmmm

should find out more :unsure:

the Bahai faith, was intially an anti government reactionary movement that instead of being based on secualr ideal was translated new pluralist religious faith, their is similarity between this and the the so-called Mahdi of Sudan. Prince Dimitri Ivanovich Dolgorukov, the Russian minister in Tehran was a principle player in the spread and continuation of the Bahai faith. Whether one accepts that the religion was a tsarist conspiracy, it is certainly true that it was supported and promoted by Tsarist russia to case, as a counter balance to Islam, and as a source of dissent in Iran. Dolgorokuov personally intervined to have bab removed from maku jail and offered him a safe haven in Russia, which Bab acknowledges in his own writings.

Dolgorokuov continued to take an interest in the faith and communicate with bab. Bahai were actively involved in the intrigues of Shahist Iran as a minority faith bab communicated with the British foreign office, and seeing the way the wind was blowing, the bahai faith aligned themsleves with the British imperialists. And continued to survive in Iran where there was a lot of hostility to their faith which was considered an Islamic heresy.

The groups survival has always been dependent upon it intrigues, whilst Sikhism and bahaism are cults that have developed partly from within Islam and as a reaction to it, Bahaism unlike Sikhism has not be able to establishes its religious bona fides to the same degree. Although the bahai faith seems to be attracting converts in Callifornia where a lot of Iranian exiles (including bahais) reside.

Were it not for the intrigues and dubious beginnings, the faith might have been more warmly received by non-Muslims. It could of course could never be accepted in Islamic society because it is a post Islamic faith comming out of Islam and positively seeks to subvert Islam. The British spy and former UN weapon inspector, turnned whistle-blower whose death sparked such controversy in the UK, was a Bahai. It was suggested by the Prime Minister office that bahais were prone to comitting suicide.

Edited by Dieneces

the Bahai faith, was intially an anti government reactionary movement that instead of being based on secualr ideal was translated new pluralist religious faith, their is similarity between this and the the so-called Mahdi of Sudan. Prince Dimitri Ivanovich Dolgorukov, the Russian minister in Tehran was a principle player in the spread and continuation of the Bahai faith. Whether one accepts that the religion was a tsarist conspiracy, it is certainly true that it was supported and promoted by Tsarist russia to case, as a counter balance to Islam, and as a source of dissent in Iran. Dolgorokuov personally intervined to have bab removed from maku jail and offered him a safe haven in Russia, which Bab acknowledges in his own writings.

Dolgorokuov continued to take an interest in the faith and communicate with bab. Bahai were actively involved in the intrigues of Shahist Iran as a minority faith bab communicated with the British foreign office, and seeing the way the wind was blowing, the bahai faith aligned themsleves with the British imperialists. And continued to survive in Iran where there was a lot of hostility to their faith which was considered an Islamic heresy.

The groups survival has always been dependent upon it intrigues, whilst Sikhism and bahaism are cults that have developed partly from within Islam and as a reaction to it, Bahaism unlike Sikhism has not be able to establishes its religious bona fides to the same degree. Although the bahai faith seems to be attracting converts in Callifornia where a lot of Iranian exiles (including bahais) reside.

Were it not for the intrigues and dubious beginnings, the faith might have been more warmly received by non-Muslims. It could of course could never be accepted in Islamic society because it is a post Islamic faith comming out of Islam and positively seeks to subvert Islam. The British spy and former UN weapon inspector, turnned whistle-blower whose death sparked such controversy in the UK, was a Bahai. It was suggested by the Prime Minister office that bahais were prone to comitting suicide.

All incorrect.

Please read this well-written article regarding allegations of Baha'i ties with foreign powers, as it is replete with citations and accurate, objectively chronicled historical information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baha%27i_ties_to_other_powers

There was a thread earlier this year:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=234945591

Before looking into some of these highly rational and truly universal regulations, it might be interesting to know that The Universal House of Justice (UHJ), the supreme governing institution of the Baha’i Faith, has forbidden Baha’is to share the holy message of Baha’ism with Israelis. [2]

According to an edict issued by UHJ it is not permissible to teach the Baha’i Faith to Israelites, and if an Israeli insists on asking questions about the Baha’i Faith, the answer provided by the Baha’i must be delivered in a manner that does not “stimulate further interest”.

So we have a universal faith, whose universe stops at the borders of Israel.

There was a thread earlier this year:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=234945591

Before looking into some of these highly rational and truly universal regulations, it might be interesting to know that The Universal House of Justice (UHJ), the supreme governing institution of the Baha’i Faith, has forbidden Baha’is to share the holy message of Baha’ism with Israelis. [2]

According to an edict issued by UHJ it is not permissible to teach the Baha’i Faith to Israelites, and if an Israeli insists on asking questions about the Baha’i Faith, the answer provided by the Baha’i must be delivered in a manner that does not “stimulate further interest”.

So we have a universal faith, whose universe stops at the borders of Israel.

And like so many other aspects of the Baha'i Faith, including the very location of the Baha'i holy sites, historical circumstances are the explanation.

At the time of Baha'u'llah, present-day Israel was Ottoman Syria, ruled by Sultan `Abdu'l-Aziz. He forbade Baha'is from spreading their faith in the area. Although this region is now Israel, Baha'is have kept their word to the law of that land. So when will Baha'is be able to teach in Israel? Whenever the Israeli government allows it.

I'm only partially sure of this; I'll have to send a letter to the House to ascertain my answers.

^Here's the edict [for you to be sure]:

http://bahai-library.com/index.php5?file=uhj_teaching_in_israel

Teaching the Faith in Israel

by Universal House of Justice

1995-06-23

The Universal House of Justice has received your email message dated 29 June 1995 and we have been asked to respond.

You have asked how the policy of not teaching Israelis applies in the situation in which you have contact with an Israeli via an "interactive relay chat" (IRC) connection. The House of Justice has not asked the friends to avoid contact with Israelis. When you discover that a person you are in contact with via IRC is an Israeli, you should feel free to maintain friendly contact, but you should not teach the Faith to him. If he has already developed a personal interest in the Faith and seeks more information, you should refer him to the Offices of the Bahá'í World Centre in Haifa.

For your information, the people in Israel have access to factual information about the Faith, its history and general principles. Books concerning the Faith are available in libraries throughout Israel, and Israelis are welcome to visit the Shrines and the surrounding gardens. However, in keeping with a policy that has been strictly followed since the days of Bahá'u'lláh, Bahá'ís do not teach the Faith in Israel. Likewise, the Faith is not taught to Israelis abroad if they intend to return to Israel. When Israelis ask about the Faith, their questions are answered, but this is done in a manner which provides factual information without stimulating further interest.

With loving Bahá'í greetings,

Department of the Secretariat

As far as I know, israel was still israel in 1995 and not Ottoman Syria?

Edited by SpIzo

everything a shia muslim needs to know about bahai (criticisms included) can be found here:

http://www.bahaiawareness.com/

The creator of this post is agnostic so it would be better for him to read a neutral, encyclopedic article. That is, if he were asking about the tenets of the religion to begin with, which he isn't. Moreover, if you're not a Muslim or are not concerned with seemingly exclusivist statements like khatme-nubawwat (which really does imply a sigil or ornament in light of the context in which it was said, but I won't get into that), then Bahaiawareness is not for you. It's only "awareness" for Shia Muslims devoutly adhering to their law. He wanted to know what people in Shiachat know about the Baha'i Faith and how they feel about it.

Someone might ask me for my own comment in light of my statement, and as a Baha'i I won't make any. Given that this is a Shia forum I'm trying to remain neutral. Please don't call me kaffir, waste of energy. :no: Such statements get old after 164 years.

^Here's the edict [for you to be sure]:

http://bahai-library.com/index.php5?file=uhj_teaching_in_israel

Teaching the Faith in Israel

by Universal House of Justice

1995-06-23

The Universal House of Justice has received your email message dated 29 June 1995 and we have been asked to respond.

You have asked how the policy of not teaching Israelis applies in the situation in which you have contact with an Israeli via an "interactive relay chat" (IRC) connection. The House of Justice has not asked the friends to avoid contact with Israelis. When you discover that a person you are in contact with via IRC is an Israeli, you should feel free to maintain friendly contact, but you should not teach the Faith to him. If he has already developed a personal interest in the Faith and seeks more information, you should refer him to the Offices of the Bahأ،'أ­ World Centre in Haifa.

For your information, the people in Israel have access to factual information about the Faith, its history and general principles. Books concerning the Faith are available in libraries throughout Israel, and Israelis are welcome to visit the Shrines and the surrounding gardens. However, in keeping with a policy that has been strictly followed since the days of Bahأ،'u'llأ،h, Bahأ،'أ­s do not teach the Faith in Israel. Likewise, the Faith is not taught to Israelis abroad if they intend to return to Israel. When Israelis ask about the Faith, their questions are answered, but this is done in a manner which provides factual information without stimulating further interest.

With loving Bahأ،'أ­ greetings,

Department of the Secretariat

As far as I know, israel was still israel in 1995 and not Ottoman Syria?

In retrospect my previous explanation was probably incorrect. I am still not entirely sure as to why the House has that agreement with the Israeli government, except for the fact that their government would want Israel to remain a primarily Jewish country. However, I still intend to write a letter to the House in full detail.

Edited by Adib

Please read this well-written article regarding allegations of Baha'i ties with foreign powers, as it is replete with citations and accurate, objectively chronicled historical information

it would be better for him to read a neutral, encyclopedic article.

/me laughs.. :!!!:

Adib, after you have finished reading this: http://www.culthelp.info/index.php?option=...6&Itemid=13

Then read this: http://www.culthelp.info/index.php?option=...=4&Itemid=7 :!!!:

I know it's hard to begin with, but you'll be happier in the long run.. :P

/me laughs.. :!!!:

Adib, after you have finished reading this: http://www.culthelp.info/index.php?option=...6&Itemid=13

Then read this: http://www.culthelp.info/index.php?option=...=4&Itemid=7 :!!!:

I know it's hard to begin with, but you'll be happier in the long run.. :P

My dear friend, if you think I'm going to even visit a website with a domain name of "culthelp" you are mistaken. 20,000 Baha'is died in the 19th century, and 200 died in the past 30 years. I'm too firm in my faith to even consider it, but thanks deeply for your consideration. :)

"La' kum dine kum..." Can't remember the rest sadly but, "To thee thy way and to me mine," as Muhammad said. As kaffir as I may be in your eyes and the eyes of others, you know full well that Allah is the only one with the authority to make judgments of salvation and damning. So please, no more preconceived notions.

People have been trying to "help" us for 164 years. Please don't waste your energy; invest it instead towards love for all mankind. You'll be happier in the long run. ;)

And to whoever was wondering regarding the House thing - I thought too deeply in my last reply lol. One of our teachings is obedience to our governments (that is also why Baha'is do not protest violently - or in any way for that matter - when they are dealt grave injustice*). An example of this is 25 years ago, when the Iranian government asked the Baha'is to disband our national and spiritual assemblies. We thought this was unfair, but we complied with their request. Anyway, the Israeli government has simply asked us to refrain from spreading our religion there, and we are complying with their request. That is all there is to it, not because we don't want to teach in Israel or anything.

My last post with warmest regards,

Adib

*Please do not say that this Baha'i persecution is a Western myth - they would not be making a movie about the life of Mona or my family would not have held a funeral in the 80s for my uncle's father because of his martyrdom if these things were fables. If you don't believe me, a relative to a martyr killed on the order of the government, then ask an objective source with unbiased facts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_baha%27is

Edited by Adib

There are many who are "comfortable" and "firm" in the beliefs of a cult, that is why culthelp is available --- don't knock it, as someone firm in the cult of bahai, you may well need it some day.

People should be prevented from joining a cult, just as there are clear laws about not allowing people to indulge in self-harm behaviors, Islam is not about "do as you please" - it is not OK to spread harmful ideas of a cult, and distort society - preventing bahais, indeed any cult, is not just a right of an Islamic society, it is a religious responsibility.

Edited by skylight1

My dear friend, if you think I'm going to even visit a website with a domain name of "culthelp" you are mistaken. 20,000 Baha'is died in the 19th century, and 200 died in the past 30 years. I'm too firm in my faith to even consider it, but thanks deeply for your consideration.

Self-denial is the first step. Refusing to even take a look at the opposite side ? Are you just going trick yourself and continue to believe that the wikipedia article is the only "neutral" article ? The site I linked to actually contains many articles on the Baha`i faith "replete with accurate sources". Thought that is what you wanted.. :unsure:

"La' kum dine kum..." Can't remember the rest sadly but, "To thee thy way and to me mine," as Muhammad said. As kaffir as I may be in your eyes and the eyes of others, you know full well that Allah is the only one with the authority to make judgments of salvation and damning. So please, no more preconceived notions.

People have been trying to "help" us for 164 years. Please don't waste your energy; invest it instead towards love for all mankind. You'll be happier in the long run.

Sure, no compulsion in religion, etc, but I never tried to "force" you to do anything did I ? Neither was I trying to "help" you either - don't flatter yourself. I couldn't care less about people who try to shut their eyes and ears and continue to fool themselves into thinking their daddy's religion is the "one". I feel sorry for you & your like, but that is not the same as helping you. I just posted a few articles..

And to whoever was wondering regarding the House thing - I thought too deeply in my last reply lol. One of our teachings is obedience to our governments (that is also why Baha'is do not protest violently - or in any way for that matter - when they are dealt grave injustice*). An example of this is 25 years ago, when the Iranian government asked the Baha'is to disband our national and spiritual assemblies. We thought this was unfair, but we complied with their request. Anyway, the Israeli government has simply asked us to refrain from spreading our religion there, and we are complying with their request. That is all there is to it, not because we don't want to teach in Israel or anything.

Ironic, anything we say, you guys will always just say: "Hey, look at us, we got persecuted. Don't you want to feel sorry for us ? :cry:"..

My last post with warmest regards,

Adib

Why the rush to leave bro ? Did I say anything that offended you personally ? This is a discussion forum - stay and chat..

Plus, I thought you wanted to "defend" your religion ? So why leave just after I posted those articles (and also br. macisaac's post) ?

As a sheikh once said, as soon as the discussion gets even a tiny bit intellectual, or if they find out you know anything about the cult, they [baha`i's] run away. You have truly lived up to this..

Edited by The Persian Shah

I read some twenty years ago books about Bahaism, and had some thought about the subject. Felt then, that, there was an overtly positive, utopian feeling in Bahai writings. I remember, reading about spiritual experiences that Bab and Bahaullah had had, and I wasn't convinced.

I feel, that Bahai faith is like a brick house, there are layer on top of layer, ending finally with World Peace, World Government and Oneness of God. In itself, this sounds good.. Bab, and Bahaullah must have been talented men.. But I don't understand excatly what kind of visions or revelations or experiences they had, and how did they dare to make from this, the wild jumps of being able to claim they are on certain levels of spiritual hierarchy? It gets so political, so fast. I got a feeling, that it's utopian politics, not spirituality. I might be wrong, I don't know, I have never been in touch with bahaist people, so my knowledge is shallow.

Perhaps the visions of Bab, and Bahaullah were similar to what for example the founder of Mormon church, John Smith had in mid-19th century America? Mormonism is similar to Bahai faith, that it also grew from an established religion, from Christianity. The views of early mormons were political, they would had liked that Jesus and the apostles had lived in America. So they had to invent a fable, where biblical scenes were transported to America. They guessed some things right, like they instinctively felt that Christianity has departed from it's pure form. This they called the Great Apostacy, and thought it happened after the death of Peter.

I always thought that John Smith was a fantasist, and he must have had a talent to convince people, and communicate his fantasies. He had a good imagination, and perhaps he took fantasies as reality. In itself, there is nothing wrong in it. But he came to believe that his imaginings were a spiritual revelation. And people around him mistook them as such. I think the same happened in Bahai.

Perhaps people were having a great thirst at that time. Their life felt empty, and they felt they are in chains. They needed something. And then comes two talented men, Bab and Bahaullah, who are not mediocre people, but intelligent, having eloquent speech, and a rich fantasy life. People projected their expectations to them. At first they resisted, but the temptation got too much. So they decided to play the role, that was expected from them, to bend, and in this, they got political, and got used perhaps by the Tsarist politics. They were too soft. They just wished to please people, with all the flowery talk, and compromizes. And people like such leaders that try to please them..

.. just my thoughts, of what might had been..

Edited by boreas

I found this from TALK.RELIGION.BAHAI

A Discussion Forum of Baha'is

Very Important & Informative.

CAUTION NON-BAHAIS

FAQ (frequently asked questions) - new material added at bottom

== The following will be periodically re-posted==

Start HERE (Sourcewatch):

Baha'i Faith

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Baha%27i_Faith

A SPY AGENCY WORKING FOR BAHA'IS ON THE INTERNET

Search "Baha'i Internet Agency" on

http://www.sourcewatch.org/

Then see,

SECTS OF BAHAIS:

A Taxonomy of Baha'i Sects,

http://www.sectsofbahais.com/

&

Documentary film by independent Israeli film maker Naama Pyritz:

BAHA'IS IN MY BACKYARD

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2...06&hl=en-AU

LAWSUIT FIGHT BETWEEN DIFFERENT SECTS OF BAHA'IS

US NSA vs OBF (Orthodox Baha'i Faith)

Recent court victory by the Orthodox Baha'is, and the suit brought by

the Haifan Bahai organization against them:

http://trueseeker.typepad.com/true_seeker/court_case.html

Judge's decision

http://www.truebahai.info/court/139-opinion.pdf

**Appellate hearing (Feb 2009)***

http://www.ca7.uscourts.gov/tmp/LF1FFZY0.mp3

BAHAI Tactics & Techniques

CAUTION NON-BAHAIS

"Slanderous Vilification" = The Baha'i Technique - Ad Hominem, Libel,

Slander, Demonize, Scapegoat, Ostracize, Shun, Banish, Backbite,

Defame, Vilify, Discredit, Smear, Revile, Suppress, Attack, Bully,

Intimidate, Threaten, Malign, Blackball, Deceive, Coerce, Silence,

Harass... etc., etc.... CAUTION NON-BAHAIS

1. As far as possible they hold back from responding

2. Then they claim no knowledge of the given issue by feigning ignorance

3. After the exposer has exposed they will try to divert to secondary and totally peripheral and irrelevent side-issues

4. The exposer is then painted as someone with an axe to grind, biased, deluded (while they, the bahaim, still have not responded to the main issue exposed)

5. Next they relate mental instability and insanity to the exposer, i.e. shoot the messenger

6. Then, the last tactic, is to wheel out several dubious personas on the scene who claim to be neutral non-bahai observers who then begin attacking the exposer as well as the issue exposed while supporting the bahais and their issues as so-called non-bahais

-

See as well Sourcewatch article

-

THEORY OF BAHA’I LYING & EQUIVOCATION

See Susan Stiles Maneck,

http://bahai-library.com/bsr/bsr06/62_maneck_hikmat.htm

WISDOM AND DISSIMULATION IN THE BAHA’I WRITINGS: The Use and meaning of Hikmat in the Baha’i Writings

"In many cases hikmat calls for the apparent suspension of a Bahá'í

principle in order to ensure the protection of the Faith."

-

BAHA'I ADMINISTRATIVE IDOLATRY & STALINISM

"We don't want to be like those people who want to see God with their

own eyes, or hear His melody with their own ears, because we have been

given the gift of being able to see through the eyes of the House of

Justice and listen through the ears of the House of Justice." - Bahai

Counselor Rebeque Murphy

To hear this section of her talk go to:

http://media1.bahai.us/tab/Highlights/Sund...r_Murphy_Rema...

BAHAI NOTIONS of FREEDOM of CONSCIENCE according to EX-UHJ member DOUGLAS MARTIN -- Monday, September 23, 2001

http://www.fglaysher.com/bahaicensorship/DMartin.htm

"We have inherited a dangerous delusion from Christianity that our

individual conscience is supreme. This is not a Baha'i belief. In the

end, in the context of both our role in the community and our role in

the greater world, we must be prepared to sacrifice our personal

convictions or opinions. The belief that individual conscience is

supreme is equivalent to "taking partners with God" which is abhorrent

to the Teachings of the Faith."

http://www.bahai-library.org/talks/martin.watson.html

NOTE especially, S.G. Wilson,

BAHAISM AND RELIGIOUS ASSASSINATION The Muslim World vol. 4, issue 4,

&

BAHAISM AND RELIGIOUS DECEPTION The Muslim World, Volume 5, Issue 2,

1914-1915.

at,

http://wahidazal66.googlepages.com/babidoc...sternsources%29

See as well, BAHAISM AND THE BRITISH

http://bahaisandbritannia.googlepages.com/home

BAHA'I SCAM-ARTISTRY & FRAUD IN THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: A Multi-

Milliard Rial Scam* By A Baha’i Company in Dubai

http://groups.google.com.au/group/talk.rel...8df7dca08d52ce#

FBI raids office of Baha’i at Univ. Florida

http://groups.google.com.au/group/talk.rel...b8eb9f1758c241b

BAHAI BUSINESS PRACTICES IN THE USA

http://groups.google.com.au/group/talk.rel...706298e9a9cd6f#

BAHAI SPY RING IN INDIA BUSTED

http://groups.google.com.au/group/soc.cult...8727004d825a589

&

BAHA’I CONTROL ON THEIR ELECTORAL SYSTEM – EXPOSED (Structural

features of Bahai Stalinism)

http://groups.google.com.au/group/talk.rel...36c4cedf90dea5b

Note

Baha'u'llah Says : On the Critics of the Cause In Ma'idih-i-Asmani, vol. 4, page 355

http://reference.bahai.org/fa/t/b/MAS4/mas4-355.html

Translation by Wahid Azal (Jan. 7, 2009)

Chapter 11

The Critics of the Cause of God (munkirin-i-amru'llah)

The Ancient Beauty in the Tablet of Habib from Maragha, which begins

with "H B hear the call of God from the direction of the throne by the

protective signs/verses (bi-ayati muhayyimin)..etc." they [i.e. Husayn

'Ali Nuri] enunciate the command (mi-farmayand) [i.e. state],

By God, the Truth, whomsoever criticizes it [i.e. Baha'ism], [which

is] possessed of the manifest, the brilliant, the high and the

perspicuous excellence, it behoveth him to ask his mother [yanbaghi

lahu bi-an yas'al min ummihi] about his origins [or 'state',

i.e.'hal', meaning he should inquire his mother about his legitimate

conception – trans.], for he shall return to the nethermost hell

[asfal al-jahim]"…

In Promulgation of Universal Peace p. 322 the following is quoted by

'Abbas Effendi from a prayer by his father, cf. THE BAHA'I FAITH AND

ISLAM (ed.) Heshmat Moayyad (The Association for Baha'i Studies:

Ottawa, 1990), p.23

O God! Whomsoever violates My Covenant, O God, humiliate him. Verily

whosoever violates My Covenant, erase and efface him.

-

Note Dr Sa'eed Khan on the Baha'is he knew

From Mission Problems in New Persia, 1926, p. 83, 87 & 89 quoted by

William McElwee Miller in The Baha'i Faith: It's History and

Teachings, 1973, p. 289.

"...There is no conscience with them [ i.e. the Baha'is], they keep

to no principle, they tell you what is untrue, ignoring or denying

undoubted historical facts, and this is the character of both the

leader and the led...As to morality and honesty, the whole system has

proved disappointing...I have been in contact with many Baha'is, and

have had dealings with many and have tested many, and unfortunately I

have met not a single one who could be called honest or faithful in