Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
mtnprincess

Paradox - Drunken monkeys with guns!

Rate this topic

“I am totally against any military action to remove Saddam Hussein from power. He used biological weapons on Iran and the Kurds and not on us. We went to help Kuwait and Saudi Arabia and where has that got us? Nowhere! If he needs to be ousted then let it be by another Middle Eastern country. Those people understand each other better than we do. The U.S. needs to stay out of it completely and let them sort out their own problems.”  -Forgiven Re: Military Action by Sara

A monkey can hold a gun; he has those opposable thumbs.  But! Does this mean that he should then be able to fire it?  No my American friend, this is what we call a paradox.  Simply defined, a paradox is an assertion that is essentially self-contradictory, although based on valid deductions.  The only problem with your ‘deductions’ is that there was nothing valid at all, nothing, to them.  What you’re telling me is, if your neighbor shot your dog, your precious precious little dog, would you be okay with the police not reprimanding him because it wasn’t the police officer’s dog you see.  

Let’s follow this thought, come with us…..Okay now, do you Americans (and we noticed on your profile you too referred to yourself as American, we’re happy for you) ever take your blindfolds off, and maybe walk around a little?  You all call yourselves, the ‘Policeman of the World’.  As the policeman of the world, and the ‘strongest’ nation in the world, is it not your duty to reprimand those who defy authority?  Afterall, you claim other countries have such dirty bombs and horrible nuclear weapons, but who taught them to make those weapons if those countries are so devoid of all education.  Side Note: The Americans initially gave a certain terrorist weapons…. let’s call him “Osama bin Laden”….then the Americans, kinda sorta left’m with those weapons.  Oops, ain’t that wild?  You silly Americans.  Incase you didn’t realize, that was some really seriously obesely heavy sarcasm.  Here’s a thought…. STOP HANDING OUT NUCLEAR WEAPONS TO POTENTIAL CRAZY PEOPLE.   End of Side Note.  

-Clearing of Throats-

-Catching of Breath-

You see our American friend, we are Kurdish, ain’t that wild?  The Kurds you see, have been oppressed for a great many number of years, we don’t expect you Americans to know what that feels like.  What feeling we do expect you to sympathize with is getting screwed over by an American President.

-Clap-

-Clap-

-Clap-

A father-son team, shall we say… Let’s call them the Bush Buddies.  Now Senior Bush buddy made a bit of a boo-boo back in that little war we called the Gulf War, when he ‘forgot’ about a couple million people.  History Lesson!  Yay!  Grab your pencils, write this down, there will be a test.  Okay.  When the Gulf war started El Stupido Senioro Busho asked the Kurds to co-operate with him and rise against El Idioto Saddamo Husseino.  Being the good peace loving people that they are, they agreed.  They helped out the Americans for the duration of the Gulf War.  But before the war was over, El Stupido Senioro up and left the Kurds!  What a lovely lovely surprise….ah looks like someone’s got themselves alzheimers, or is just really really unbelievably stupid.  Two votes for the latter!  Would you like to know what happened next kiddies?  Hundreds of thousands of Kurds… maybe even millions (but that doesn’t matter to you) were either displaced, ‘cleansed’ or simply slaughtered by El Idioto.  Now, that’s not all, yay!  El Stupido Senioro ‘accidentally’ left his weapons there in Iraq!  Crazy guy.  Guess who found them!  That’s right, El Idioto Saddamo Husseino.  Okay pencils down now, there’s no test, just wanted you to listen.  There are no words to explain that level of sarcasm.  

We know its summer time, and we know that you’re not big on the ‘Learning’, even during the school year, but just hang on there for just a couple more minutes with us, if its hurting you, hang onto the arm rests of your chair it might help.  

So now you guys are fighting terrorism everyyyyyyyyyywhere.  That’s nice.  First you make the terrorists, then you kill them.  Sorta like what some of you do with abortion, first you make the baby…then ya murder it!  Gotta love that reasoning of NONSENSICALNESS.  Continue on this circle of destruction, then maybe all your problems will be solved.  Ya want a reason to attack Iraq?  Surprise we got one!  Yay!  High fives all around!  Guess what, El Idioto well he up and let the Taliban into Kurdistan, you know Kurdistan right, that’s where the Kurds live, the people that the first Bush buddy screwed over, I guess the second Bush buddy just wanted to kill’m off.  Those Bushes, evolution sure did skip those two.  (And may we say that we love free speech.)  Would you like us to back-up the reason why we think the Bush buddies are so stupid?  We backed up the first one, let’s back-up the second one too.  (For base of stupidity of Bush buddy number one, refer to previous paragraph.)  Grown man, father of two, husband to one, nearly choked and died on a pretzel.  Shall we put warning labels on pretzels, reading: Please, do not allow stupid to eat.  Chew first.  Chewwwwwwwww.  Or if you’re seriously stupid, have secret service ground into powder form, mix in with water, and Enjoy!  Yay!  Remember when he was campaigning and he started using words that weren’t in any dictionary?  We do.  That was nice.  I don’t know, maybe we’re asking to much of the leader of the strongest nation in the world to be able to use words that we all can recognize, we guess he is powerful enough to make up his own gibberish.  

Just to reiterate, so we’re not taken the wrong way, we do want America to attack Iraq and take away El Idioto.  His people are killed if they say one thing about him, they have no food, no money and no health care.  What will they do?  Attack him with straws??  Half a million children die every year because of sanctions.  How would you feel if you were related to even one of those children?  Because guess what, we were related to four people killed by that maniac.  So yeah, we’re a little bitter.  So next time, before you open your mouth, at least consider human life, consider the feelings of the people who have to LIVE with insanity daily.  And do us all a favor, and think things through once and awhile.  

(This was written by mtnprincess and saram81, her cousin)

Ok, what do you suggest we do? You don't want America to deal with Sadam, but that the Middle East should deal with it. Well, on Fox News today, I saw that Iran was going to sell weapons to him as a sign of improving relations. (stupid Persians.) Anyway, how about Saudi? Or any other Middle Eastern nation? Well, they haven't done anything in years. What's going to get them to now? You see, this is how I see Sadam. Do you remember who Nevelle Chamberlain was? I doubt it, he was the Prime Minister of England in the late 1930's. He was the one who proclaimed, "We have peace in our time." in 1939. Well, a few months later, Hitler invaded Poland. What can we learn from this? Sadam is like a Hitler. Pyscho's, like Sadam, can not be delt with by complacency. We can't sit back while he continues to do what he does. One day, and maybe soon, he will get his hands on a weapon of mass destruction, sell it off to Al Queda, and that won't be good. Not only for the West, the most probable target, but for the Middle East because there would be such a backlash. Let's say New York City, Los Angelas and London were nuked. Guess what the reply would be. I would doubt our own nukes would be used, however, Terahn, Baghdad and the like would be leveled by Tomahawks, Stealth clusters and other goodies that our government has produced in the last decade. Also, do you understand our policies of the 1980's that gave the weapons to these physco's? Yes, I call them physco's because we did give them weapons, but they have all decided to use them this way now. Look at the Sandhistas of Grenada. You don't see them taking up arms agaisnt America and we gave them weapons. Or, look at the Tiawanese. Same case. Anyway, our policy was to wipe out communism. If we gave money to Iraq, they would war Iran, who was backed by the Soviets. Have you heard the saying, "Is the devil your dancing with better than the one you're not?" That was our policy. We helped some scum, like Sadam, but it was to stop a bigger scum, the Soviet Union. We took them down, and we'll take down anyone else, even if we helped create them. So, what do we do? We take him out now. And, just a side note into American culture. Abortion is a 50/50 debate. I, personally, hate the practice and think it should be outlawed, as do, say about, 50% of the nation. However, a court in 1972 found a loophole in our Constitution that made it legal. So, because it's legal, doesn't mean it's acceptable by all the people. Lastly, if these "innocent" people of the Middle East believe and talk as about 90% of the peole on this board do, then I doubt they are so innocent and would jump at the chance to kill me or any Israeli they could.

The voice of reason,

~Michael :D

Ok, what do you suggest we do? You don't want America to deal with Sadam, but that the Middle East should deal with it.

Hello,

I have to commend you on copying our style of writing ... how terribly authentic.  But apparently you went through what we wrote without completely taking it all in, or so it seemed to me.  The little part at the top ... you know the one within the quotation marks that is not what we said, that was quoted from someone else on this board.  You don't even have to read our whole piece, just the final paragraph and you will understand that we do, indeed, want the US to attack Saddam.

Your answer was appreciated, thank you

:D

Edited By mtnprincess on 1029728699

STOP HANDING OUT NUCLEAR WEAPONS TO POTENTIAL CRAZY PEOPLE.

MTNPRINCESS -- you know this is a false statment.  Quit stretching the truth to help your argument.

You criticize the US and it's policy.  Yet, you wan't it to eliminate Saddam and act like the "policeman of the world."

Being critical of the education system in the US is foolish.  Don't insinuate that the intelligence of US citizens is low.  Please, you're Canadian for God's sake.  It's patronizing and empty, illogical rhetoric.  It's irrelevant to the topic as well.

To simply state the US created Saddam or creates the terrorists is a little misleading -- don't you think?  Talk about simplifying a problem that's impossible to simplify.  

Here's an idea -- how about Canada going in and ridding Iraq of Saddam.  Since Canada has all the highly intelligent scholars it must have a plan.  Right?

Princess:

Sorry, I took your piece the wrong way...however, what was the point then? Were you just on an American vent fest?? Anyway, I am sorry for not reading the last part. And, the quotations, were from the man I asked if anyone knew about....Neville Chamberlain. Once again I will ask, have you ever heard of him? He was Prime Minister of England in the late 1930's the precursor to the great Sir Winston Churchill. Mr. Chamberlain came back from the Munich Conference in late 1938 proclaiming, "We have peace for our time." That was where the quote came from, not from you. It was never intended to be from you. Sorry for the confusion.

~Michael

Salam Alaikum

And, the quotations, were from the man I asked if anyone knew about....Neville Chamberlain. Once again I will ask, have you ever heard of him?

I've heard of him!  Man I want to discuss with you guys but I'm always too late!  I've taken high school world history and US history.  I personally like US history more since its so interesting, you can see from US history why there are so many conspiracy theories.

So whats the topic now?  I don't know what the arguments are because its kinda hard to figure out.

Well I'll give my opinion anyways.  What people in the middle east want (well what I think they want) is:  To get rid of Sadam but not have civilian casualties.  Plus they don't want a dictator to replace him either.

But wait, theres always the influence of the stupid kings in the ME aswell, Who don't want iraq to become a democracy because of the huge effect it will have in the region.  Iraq has huge oil reserves and could rival against saudi arabia in trade.  Another problem is that if iraqis get more freedom it is possible they might start their own revolution like what happened to iran, which would have a completely opposite effect of what the US wants.

So, theres a problem the US faces here, a pretty big one, if it take on saddam.

1.  Once sadam is gone, a democracy will most probably be in place

2.  If a democracy is in place, then there is the probability that a revolution will occur.

3.  If a revolution occurs, it will not favor the US because of the anti-american sentiment in Iraq.

So, what is the US going to do??

What people in the middle east want (well what I think they want) is:  To get rid of Sadam but not have civilian casualties.  Plus they don't want a dictator to replace him either.

But wait, theres always the influence of the stupid kings in the ME aswell, Who don't want iraq to become a democracy because of the huge effect it will have in the region.  Iraq has huge oil reserves and could rival against saudi arabia in trade.  Another problem is that if iraqis get more freedom it is possible they might start their own revolution like what happened to iran, which would have a completely opposite effect of what the US wants.

So, theres a problem the US faces here, a pretty big one, if it take on saddam.

1.  Once sadam is gone, a democracy will most probably be in place

2.  If a democracy is in place, then there is the probability that a revolution will occur.

3.  If a revolution occurs, it will not favor the US because of the anti-american sentiment in Iraq.

So, what is the US going to do??

salam Alaikum

exactly my point.  No matter what the US does, it will be in trouble for taking out saddam.

So, we'll see what happens then.  Does anyone not agree with me??

ws

Krogher:

The reason for my so-called "vent fest" was to take out frustration.  On a previous post, someone under the name "Forgiven" posted the quote I listed at the top of my original message.  Now, as I did not want this person to think that I was accusing him/her specifically I started a new post.  This person, simply, said that he/she thought it best if the Iraqi people took care of their own business.  I, too, am not Iraqi but I do know first hand what an idiot Saddam Hussein is.  This dictator/imbecile ... same thing to me ... allows the people in his country to die needlessly on a day to day basis.  

Some people may say its not his fault, its the sanctions, and to an extent this is true.  But lets face facts here, even imbeciles can figure out ways to make money, and this one did ... oil trade.  He makes ten million dollars daily through illegal oil trade with countries like Turkey ... and still somehow manages to let children die of starvation.  People like this are not people.  Hell, even Bush wouldn't let his own countrymen die ... not to toot his horn, I have no respect for him either, but that's another story.  

Anyway this is longer than it should be, allow me to simplify ... The US knows its the most powerful nation in the world, and they have accepted this role.  If they really are so big on protecting people and ridding the world of idiots and terrorists ... again same thing to me ... then how about they put a bullseye on Saddam.  They can build an atom bomb during WWII, I'm sure they can find a blubbering idiot in Iraq.

-Yasmin

Oh and yes I do know who Chamberlain is ... sorta have to if you study British History.

:D