Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
The_Way

Jinns

Rate this topic

I actually would like to know who these fearful Muslims are.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Take your pick. Most muslims I have come accross are fearful of Jinns, and have amulets, and other assorted 'evil eye' bric-a-brac to protect against them.

Many don't even like talking about the subject.

Badmatahfingha, as for making friends with them, would you care to elaborate?

Take your pick.  Most muslims I have come accross are fearful of Jinns, and have amulets, and other assorted 'evil eye' bric-a-brac to protect against them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, I have never come across such "Muslims". Amulets, hahahaha, who are these idiots?

I've known some Muslims who have encountered Jinns though and have had good experiences with them. There are individuals in the Islamic world known as "muwakils" who actually have Jinns do work for them. Muslims go to these muwakils for help with various problems.

Edited by YoungMind

LOL, I have never come across such "Muslims". I've known some Muslims who have encountered Jinns though and have had good experiences with them. There are individuals in the Islamic world known as "muwakils" who actually have Jinns do work for them. Muslims go to these muwakils for help with various problems.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I suggest you look a little deeper. It may be a taboo subject, but there is fear of Jinns in many muslim households. I have come accross this many times in my travels. Perhaps you are lucky not to have this problem.

(salam)

I am not really afraid of jinns not from the lack of stories that I have heard but because I have never actually experienced them. A lot of people around me are always talking about how scary they are but I dunno I am way scared of other things like bugs!

I suggest you look a little deeper.

I've been around Muslims from around the world for many years. I've looked plenty deep.

It may be a taboo subject

Nope, never was a taboo subject. In fact it was a subject discussed with great interest.

but there is fear of Jinns in many muslim households.

I've been around Muslims from around the world for many years. I've looked plenty deep.

Nope, never was a taboo subject. In fact it was a subject discussed with great interest.

Really? I;ve heard one story of a family of Jinn who eventually drove out a family of Muslims from their house. Apparently the house belonged to the Jinn first and the Jinn looked upon the humans as invaders. So in that regards yes, maybe some Muslims fear Jinns, if we do cross them in a bad way.

Care to elaborate on what you have heard? Surely it's more superstition and has little to do with Islam.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As for the house story you mentioned, how can a Jinn "Own" a house?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not in the same way we humans own a house, through deed and tranfer of title. The Jinn had occupied the old house.

As for good Jinn vs. bad Jinn, there are good humans and bad humans too. My mother told a story of a Jinn who used to live in her grandmother's house. They didn't seem to have any problems.

Not in the same way we humans own a house, through deed and tranfer of title. The Jinn had occupied the old house.

As for good Jinn vs. bad Jinn, there are good humans and bad humans too. My mother told a story of a Jinn who used to live in her grandmother's house. They didn't seem to have any problems.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds like a ghost, but oviously it is not. This implies that the Jinn needs a residence. Why would a spirit entity need a physical location to reside in?

They are in fact spirits, and when they do "favours" for humans, they expect something in return, normally via a blood sacrifice (animal).

Which poses the question, what is the purpose of Jinns?

That sounds like a ghost, but oviously it is not.  This implies that the Jinn needs a residence.  Why would a spirit entity need a physical location to reside in?

They are in fact spirits, and when they do "favours" for humans, they expect something in return, normally via a blood sacrifice (animal).

Which poses the question, what is the purpose of Jinns?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jinns are not spirit entities, they are made of fire. When they do favors for humans they expect favor of their God, since they worship the same God that Muslims do. Humans do favor for each other as well. I don't know where you heard the animal sacrifice deal, first time I'm hearing it.

The purpose of Jinns, I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out what's the purpose of humans.

The purpose of Jinns, I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out what's the purpose of humans.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"And I have not created the Jinns and the men except that they worship Me"

[surah Zariyat : 56]

"And I have not created the Jinns and the men except that they worship Me"

[surah Zariyat : 56]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So with this in mind, why are Jinns allowed to harm humans?

Also, Sura [surah Zariyat : 56] makes it seem like Jinns and men are created equally.

well when these humans are naa-paak ( najis) only then can the jinns harm them.

paakeezgi has been explained very well in islaam!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you explain it for those of us who don't know what that refers to please?

Thanks.

(salam)

The way-

what i know is that, no evil ever comes to you unless you yourself did not commit another evil act, and everything is from Allah (swt), so if a jinn is granted to hurt someone its by Gods permition.
Take your pick. Most muslims I have come accross are fearful of Jinns, and have amulets, and other assorted 'evil eye' bric-a-brac to protect against them.

LOL, I have never come across such "Muslims". Amulets, hahahaha, who are these idiots?

I am one of these "idiots", and for your information I do not fear the jinn, but I wear a bracelet with a inscription of a ayat from the Holy Quran. This i do so i sleep better, and keep the wicked away during the night.

I also would understand why people wouldent like to talk about it, but i agree on that Allah (swt) is worthier to dread, that doesent mean that there arent other things that are scary, just that when one realizes and see's the power of God in comparison "them" it is meaningless to fear that which itself fears another....Allah the exalted

peace and salams

Also, Sura [surah Zariyat : 56] makes it seem like Jinns and men are created equally.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why are humans allowed to harm humans? Because of free will. Jinns are also said to have this.

I am one of these "idiots", and for your information I do not fear the jinn, but I wear a bracelet with a inscription of a ayat from the Holy Quran. This i do so i sleep better, and keep the wicked away during the night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's different from wearing an amulet. A bracelet with an inscription of an ayat from the Quran for protection against a variety of things, such as a car accident is quite different, than wearing something colorful that will supposedly keep jinn away.

LOL, I have never come across such "Muslims".  Amulets, hahahaha, who are these idiots?

I've known some Muslims who have encountered Jinns though and have had good experiences with them. There are individuals in the Islamic world known as "muwakils" who actually have Jinns do work for them. Muslims go to these muwakils for help with various problems.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have heard from many a'lims that it is Haram to control jinns.

(salam)

assorted 'evil eye' bric-a-brac to protect against them.

You mean like this:

eyez_10_big.jpg

This "evil eye" is used for something else NOT to protect against the jinn.

You can't see the jinn :huh:

You can't see the jinn :huh:

I've heard of stories where kids can see the kids of the jinn. As for my story, yes they didn't see the jinn, but they heard someone crying in a secluded room when the family recited majalis for Imam Hussain (as).

That's different from wearing an amulet. A bracelet with an inscription of an ayat from the Quran for protection against a variety of things, such as a car accident is quite different, than wearing something colorful that will supposedly keep jinn away.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So Muslims believe in these lucky charms? :wacko:

Salaam,

"He creates what you do not know. "

NOTE:

The world of the jinn is an independent and separate world, with its own distinct nature and features that are hidden from the world of humans. Jinns and humans have some things in common, such as the possession of understanding and the choice between the way of good and the way of evil. The word jinn comes from an Arabic root meaning “hidden from sight”.

Allah (swt) has given the jinn powers that he has not given to humans. Allah (swt) has told us about some of their powers, such as the ability to move and travel quickly. An ‘ifreet from among the jinn guaranteed to the Prophet Sulaymaan (peace be upon him) that he would bring the throne of the Queen of Yemen to Jerusalem in a moment faster than that needed for a man to get up from where he was sitting.

Because we cannot describe Jinn effectively or sometimes understand them at all does not negate their existence.

When reading Ayah Al-Kursi and Al-Mu'awwazatain, one will be protected from the evil eyes of both the jinn and mankind.

Take your pick.  Most muslims I have come accross are fearful of Jinns, and have amulets, and other assorted 'evil eye' bric-a-brac to protect against them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i am not supposed to be revealing secrets that might get in wrong hands :)

i will let my friends do the explaining.

u see one hint i will give you...there was this someone who forgave even iblis

for he understood :) the message to the jinns can only be spread thru thier KING.

now you will think that by forgiiving iblis maybe he earned ALLAHS wrath.

but then dont YOU know that your GOD is ALL fORGIVING.

where did they loose thier belief in his mercy??? maybe they read too much

and saw too little.

Allah gave us free will because we asked for it.

as for charms and other things...i would "think" the luckiest of em is purity of intentions and a kind heart :)

havent you heard about the saying "heaven is under mothers feet"

and do you know u dont even have to use charms and rituals and tatoos :P to communicate with jinns....they can read your mind if we allow them to .

:!!!: :wub: :Hijabi: @)

Does anyone on here have any FIRST hand experience?

Not what something your father one said to you, or you over heard your grandfather say something once, or your baby mama told you a story. Nothing like that.

Only YOUR first hand experience!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do, which is why I posed the question.

Why is there so much fear in Muslims towards Jinns?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Muslims acknowledge the existance of the Jinn and the Jinni plane or universe.

Muslims also accept Jinn have been given powers graeter than Mankind in traversing time and space.

Muslims believe there are belivers and non beleivers among the Jinn, a Jinn is either a believer or a satan [the one who disobeys Allah knowingly].

Muslims acknowledge these facts but are not obssesed by these facts.

In under developd regions of the muslim world there may be superstitious beliefs amongst the people regarding Jinn bu this cant be basis for acusing the Whole Muslim World to be supertitious and obsessed with them.

The Holy Qur'an also tells us that the Jinn and their universe was created from the purest form of Heat (energy), heat without smoke (dust or un-burnt matter), since there is no matter in their universe. It is not possible to create any types of pure energy in our material universe, not even in nuclear reactions, again due to the requirement of disorder (imperfection) in order that balance is maintained. We are told that Jinn unlike Angels do have free will. Due to their nature and knowledge of many of the secrets of the Universes the Jinn know who their Master is and know His power and Majesty; yet some of them like Iblis (their leader) choose to disobey and try to oppose the will of Allah (s.w.t.). Iblis (aka Lucifer) and his followers are known as Shaytan (satan). They are Shaytan (not Kafir) because they disobey even though they have the knowledge. The obedient and believing Jinn are like, in essence, to the Angels and are known as Jinni Mu'min. It has been said along with the Angels, the Jinni Mu'min are the helpers of Prophets, Imams and true believers; and Shaytan Jinni oppose all good and help the evil ones (the shaytan amongst Mankind).

Why is there so much fear in Muslims towards Jinns?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think we are same as christians ,we fear from Jins and they fear from vampires ,our libraries are full of scary books of jins and your movie is full of scary vampires and demons .

You really don't know how to read do you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do. I just find it rather hypocritical that a Muslim, of all people, can believe that any physical object, whatever its nature can 'protect' anyone from events.

Do you believe that a bracelet with an inscription of an ayat from the Quran emits some sort of magical aura?

Can it do spooky things?

I know some Christians wear crosses and St Christopher medals believing these will protect them.

LOL, I have never come across such "Muslims".  Amulets, hahahaha, who are these idiots?

A friend of mine in grad school -- who had emigrated with his family from Bangladesh when he was 5, i.e., his parents were adults -- related that his father --who had a PhD in electrical engineering -- was afraid to travel at night due to fear of jinns. I don't necessarily say this is typical.

As a side note, there have traditionally been Jewish folk beliefs about dybbuks, liliths, the Evil Eye, and other assorted nasty elements of the spiritual world, although they are not taken seriously in more refined circles.

As a side note, there have traditionally been Jewish folk beliefs about dybbuks, liliths, the Evil Eye, and other assorted nasty elements of the spiritual world, although they are not taken seriously in more refined circles.

The concept of the 'Evil Eye' also exists amongst Hindus.

Amazing how some concepts seem to exist almost everywhere east of Suez but not west of it.

My wife originates from an area where concepts such as the Evil Eye are prevalent.

She defines the Evil Eye as, for example, when someone looks at something or someone with an evil or loathsome intention.

I can understand this concept and see some merit in it, though I'm not sure if it is real.

I cannot understand how anyone can believe that an inanimate object can have any power at all, even if it is inscribed with Holy text.

The text may have an influence upon us, to remind us. I carried a copy of the 23rd Psalm when I was a boy and derived comfort from it.

But, even if I were to meet an evil entity, if such a thing exists, I would feel considerably more safe defending my soul with my belief than some inanimate object.

"And that some of us are good and others of us are below that: we are sects following different ways [shakir 72:11] surah al-jinn"

jinn could be christian, jew, muslim..e.t.c... and they are not particularly one race.... like us humans.. they have different races and different religionz.. they could be both good or bad...

Ibn Abbas reports...

"Two thousand years before [mankind] was created, there were jinn on [the earth], and they caused corruption on the earth and shed blood. Then, Allah sent against them a troop of angels who overcame them and then cast them away to the islands in the seas. So, when Allah said, (translated), "'I am placing a viceregent upon the earth,' the angels said, 'Will You place therein one who will cause corruption therein and shed blood,'" [2 (Al-Baqarah), 30] i.e. just as those jinn did? Then, Allah said "I know that which you do not know." (Related by Al-Hakim.) Thus, jinn were created before mankind, as attested to clearly by the Qur'an also. Their origin is from fire. "And verily, We created mankind . . . and the jinn We had created before from smokeless fire." [15 (Al- Hijr), 26-27]

hence jinn are nothing to be scared of... i have had encounters wit a couple... since my family has a long history with them.... my great grand father being an alim/'excorcist' .. got rid of a jin possessing a young girl who threatened him saying he would haunt his 7 generations after him... but i doubt he was capable of doin that since they do have much longer life spans than humans but not that long.. anyways... thought i had put in my 2 centz.. peace!

(bismillah)

Surfinjo-

Do you believe that a bracelet with an inscription of an ayat from the Quran emits some sort of magical aura?

Can it do spooky things?

I know some Christians wear crosses and St Christopher medals believing these will protect them.

It's not that it garanties protection, but it works if one uses it in a proper way.

I can testify (by what it's worth) that several times when i sleept without the bracelet, iv'e hade horrible nightmares which took sometimes days to get over. I found it strange that the dreams would only come when the bracelet was not on me... I dont belive that the jinn have power to hurt man unless man has a tendency to cave in to the jinn, and by the way is it not hypocritical to belive in the scriptures and not in the demons that are declarerd there?

I would perceive a Hindu or Idolator as Kaffir but not a satanist, since the satanist would bare testemony of "Lucifer" "Ibliss" and what ever more he calls himself, this would be derived from biblical and monotheistic faiths and i assume that one cant belive in the first and not the other. But then again they say that the jinn can be un-belivers???

wassalam

Jinns are sometimes mixed up with "folky" conceptions of demons and angels (for an American parallel). If you can imagine the typical person in the United States that claims to have seen an angel or a ghost, I am sure you know the type. There are all sorts of foolish things like that in different cultures, even in Arab countries, so you have to separate fact from fantasy and NOT rely on the local particularities of the "nation of origin."

That said, Samri (Sambri?) music is damn creepy. Anything that haunting ( :D ) would have to do something evil.

Edited by Muhammad Al-Haider

It's not that it garanties protection, but it works if one uses it in a proper way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I won't make any claims about the power of such things. I'm sure they bring comfort to people.

I'm just a little surprised that Muslims, who normally condemn idolatry should accept such things.