Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
virgoali

Some Mathematical problems that Hazrat Ali solved

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

Hazrat Ali (as) jo kay Babul ilm hain here some problems that were solved by Hazrat Ali (as) .

One Day a person came to Ali (as), thinking that since Ali thinks he is too smart, I'll ask him such a tough question that he won't be able to answer it and I'll have the chance to embarrass him in front of all the Arabs.

He asked "Ali, tell me a number, that if we divide it by any number from 1-10 the answer will always come in the form of a whole number and not as a fraction." Ali Looked back at him and said, "Take the number of days in a year and multiply it with the number of days in a week and you will have your answer."

The person got astonished but as he was a Mushrik he still didn't believe Ali (as). He calculated the answer Ali (as) gave him. To his amazement he came across the following results:

The number of Days in a Year = 360 (in Arabic Calendar)

The Number of Days in a Week = 7

The product of the two numbers = 2520

Now ... 2520 ÷ 1 = 2520

2520 ÷ 2 = 1260

2520 ÷ 3 = 840

2520 ÷ 4 = 630

2520 ÷ 5 = 504

2520 ÷ 6 = 420

2520 ÷ 7 = 360

2520 ÷ 8 = 315

2520 ÷ 9 = 280

2520 ÷ 10= 252

Like to read more of Babul ilm please kuch to reply honay chahye.

I'm just waiting for someone to say..

"But surely these are all weak, fabricated narrations to elevate Sayyidina Ali (ra)'s status above that of Sayydina Mu'wiyah (ra)!!"

So, who's gonna be the first nasibi to embarass themselves any moment now by saying this? :D

"But surely these are all weak, fabricated narrations to elevate Sayyidina Ali (ra)'s status above that of Sayydina Mu'wiyah (ra)!!"

So, who's gonna be the first nasibi to embarass themselves any moment now by saying this? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Before any one consider this as true, evidence should be presented with the claim other wise its waist of time.

(bismillah)

Hazrat Ali  (as)  jo kay Babul ilm hain here some problems that were solved by Hazrat Ali  (as) .

One Day a person came to Ali (as), thinking that since Ali thinks he is too smart, I'll ask him such a tough question that he won't be able to answer it and I'll have the chance to embarrass him in front of all the Arabs.

He asked "Ali, tell me a number, that if we divide it by any number from 1-10 the answer will always come in the form of a whole number and not as a fraction." Ali Looked back at him and said, "Take the number of days in a year and multiply it with the number of days in a week and you will have your answer."

The person got astonished but as he was a Mushrik he still didn't believe Ali (as). He calculated the answer Ali (as) gave him. To his amazement he came across the following results:

The number of Days in a Year = 360 (in Arabic Calendar)

The Number of Days in a Week = 7

The product of the two numbers = 2520

Now ... 2520 ÷ 1 = 2520

2520 ÷ 2 = 1260

2520 ÷ 3 = 840

2520 ÷ 4 = 630

2520 ÷ 5 = 504

2520 ÷ 6 = 420

2520 ÷ 7 = 360

2520 ÷ 8 = 315

2520 ÷ 9 = 280

2520 ÷ 10= 252

Like to read more of Babul ilm please kuch to reply honay chahye.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

May Allah guide us all

Before any one consider this as true, evidence should be presented with the claim other wise its waist of  time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is this all u cud reply??

oh but what can be expected of FOLLOWERS AND SUPPORTERS Of COWARDS OF MANY MANY ISLAMIC BATTLES and what can be expected of followers and supporters of those who Insulted the HOLY PROPHET (SAWW) EVEN ON HIS DEATH BED

Nareyyyyyyyy HAIDRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

YA ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI

oh but what can be expected of FOLLOWERS AND SUPPORTERS Of COWARDS OF MANY MANY ISLAMIC BATTLES and what can be expected of followers and supporters of those who Insulted the HOLY PROPHET (SAWW) EVEN ON HIS DEATH BED

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol i think you need to check your brain, beside making yourself look stupid you make shia look stupid.

Lol i think you need to check your brain, beside making yourself look stupid you make shia look stupid.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

when u cant reply to yr own claims u start being rude and start insulting-- but after all u r follower of the guy who insulted the HOLY PROPHET SAWW EVEN ON HIS DEATH BED so how can u SPARE US ?THE FOLLOWERS OF HOLY PROPHET SAWW??U HAVE TO FOLLOW SUNNA OF THE COWARDS OF MANY MANY ISLAMIC BATTLES NOT JUST OHAD

Narey Hadidryyyyyyyyy

when u cant reply to yr own claims u start being rude and start insulting-- but after all u r follower of the guy who insulted the HOLY PROPHET SAWW EVEN ON HIS DEATH BED s

Ok, I just dont get it. First someone says that he was not there at the time of the death of Mohammad (saw), Now this. Oh mate...

Thanks for all of you people let me first ask my sunni brothers thay how he can say that this is fabricated to show supertioity of Hazrat Ali (as) over

Mauvia(Lannat Ullah) this is only the hatered of you people. Jo Zamany Rasool (pbuh) may bhe Hazrat Ali (as) say bughz rakhtay thhay or ajj taak unn ke Ulaad bhe ajj taak bughz Ali (as) maay jaal rahe hay.

Can any one of you tell me that where from Umar, AbuBakar, Usman, Mauvia got any religious or any other kind of education.[/B]

So leave this jo bughz Ali (as) may jalta hay uss ko or jalany kay leye aik or post.

A person was about to die, and before dying he wrote his Will which went as follows ...

"I have 17 Camels, and I have three sons. Divide my Camels in such a way, that My eldest son gets half of them, the second one gets 1/3rd of the total and my youngest son gets 1/9th of the total number of Camels"

After his death when the relatives read his will they got extremely perplexed and said to each other that how can we divide 17 camels like this.

So after a long hard thought they decided that there was only one man in Arabia who could help them: "Ali Ibne Abi Taalib."

So they all came to the door of Ali (as) and put forward their problem.

Ali (as) said, "Ok. I will divide the camels as per the man's will."

Ali (as) said, "I will lend one of my camels to the total which makes it

18 (17+1=18), now lets divide as per his will"

The Eldest gets 1/2 of 18 = 9

The second one gets 1/3 of 18 = 6

and The Youngest gets 1/9 of 18 = 2

Now the total number of camels = 17

Then Ali (as) said, "Now I will take my Camel back"

Erm.. Just to clarify, I was being SARCASTIC about what a potential nasibi MIGHT say! I was never (ma'zallah) suggesting this was fabricated to evelate Imam ali(AS) over muwaiyah (LA) -

lol - I hope i didnt give you the wrong impression or something... But having seen some of the nasibi trash on this forum I was speculating on what their reply might look like.

Thanks for all of you people let me first ask my sunni brothers thay how he can say that this is fabricated to show supertioity of Hazrat Ali  (as) over

Mauvia(Lannat Ullah) this is only the hatered of you people.

nice post, masahllah :) keep it up but i guess its rite sis, if somebody wants to see the proof, try to provide it, becoz u see nowadays people belive if they were given proof, lol i think someday people will ask does god exist show me a hadith which proves tht god is there lol joking :Hijabi:

P.S im shia ithna ashari myself and i know these problems solved by hazrat ali (a.s)

Edited by Tatheer Fatima

(salam)

Sister Tatheer Fatima thanks for you encouragement.

Raha sawal that I have to provide proof of these, but for whom iam not talking to Sunnis this post is for you my Shia Brothers And Sisters.

If any one like to debate with me come to my new topic about of Fabricated Hadiths then i also gave them proves that now it is proved that most of the Hadiths are fabricated to show superiority of Umar, Abubakar, Usman, Maavia and Aisha over Ahlaybat (as) .

Link to the Topic http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61945

For my shia Brothers and Sisters look how Hazrat Ali (as) gives the answer of question 1500 Years ago WHAT IS THE DISTANCE BETWEEN SUN AND EARTH that proved to be same after today’s research.

Hazrat Ali (as) says if an Arabic Horse runs 500 years continuously the distance horse covers is equal to the distance between Sun and Earth.

Let’s See

Years = 500

Days = 1682500

Hours = 40380000

Arabic Horse Running Speed = 21 to 22 Miles/Hour

1 Mile = 1.6093 Km

If we calculate the figure that is Distance between Sun and Earth average about 93 Million miles.

Yes you say now why the word AVERAGE used so Brother & Sisters a horse also knows this that he have to be used by Hazrat Ali (as) to solve a problem so he runs some times 21 Miles/Hour and some time 22 Miles/Hour.

To see the research result of this era Link is

http://www.seps.org/oracle/oracle.archive/...6880.20428.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YA ALI YA ALI YA ALI MADAD

HAQ HAIDER

mashallah, VA VA VAV VAVAVAVAV

Chaman chaman

mashallah, is this a quoute from a book? please give referance i have heard it before i want to know who narrated it. thanx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look sir, I advise you to take Mola (as)'s name off your signiture, it is disrespect to associate himself with the same people who murdered his wife, and children.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

every 1 here needs 2 understand that sunni love imam ali also and they think hes is very good so i dont see y any sunni would say anything about this but i can seee a wahbi saying something

Look sir, I advise you to take Mola (as)'s name off your signiture, it is disrespect to associate himself with the same people who murdered his wife, and children.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

brother, or sir if you prefer that

i dont assosiate them as brothers. neither do i believe in any other hadiths than the sahih of muslim and bukhari. i have my sources you have your soruces. so offcourse the history will be different by the time. we do not believe that these sahabas murdered hazrat mohammad saww daughter.

hey all , i have heard the issue of the camels and the one of dividing the days of the year

can anyone please provide me sources where you got it from ? thanx

by the way

it is not hard to believe that anyway. hazrat ali (ra) were infact baab of knowledge. (gate of knowledge)

(salam)

Sister Tatheer Fatima thanks for you encouragement.

Raha sawal that I have to provide proof of these, but for whom iam not talking to Sunnis this post is for you my Shia Brothers And Sisters.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ws bro, lol sorry for mistaking u as a sis :blush: .I guess if tjis topic wasnt for argument u should have this posted at islamic forum or general discussion forum, becoz in every topic here there is an argument. :), and u absolutely dont want people to make fun of imam ali (a.s) here because u didnt give refrence. lol i myself gets carried away sometimes here, but i guess its best for me if i read quran and read islamic books and use my mind :angel: , but this forum is also good, if i want to see what the other party says, it helps in understanding true islam more :blush: i am just giving suggesstion, dont mind plz :(

khz tc remember me in duas

Edited by Tatheer Fatima

hmmmz...I be no smarty in math but two points.

1. I dont believe the lunar calendar has 360 days...from a couple of places I read its approx 354-355 days.

2. The math was truly horrid in the will example :S. What you must see in the end is that 9 is definitely not half of 17. 18 is just a number which is divisible by 2 3 and 9. 1/2 +1/3 +1/9 does not equal one.

A simple division by 17 would have given 8 1/2 to the first 5 2/3 to the second and 1 8/9 to the third. So give them 8, 5 and 1 camels respectively...If this was conveniently done around eid time...sacrifice the other two...divide them up into 37 pieces give the youngest 16 the middle 12 and the oldest 9 of them.

But isn't there an islamic...rule persay..that inheritance should be divided equally if only sons. This guy did a boo boo in leaving such a will.

I'm not saying hazrat ali (ra) was not a very intelligent person...mashAllah I believe he was. I just donno if these examples were correct :S

tnx for sharing it bro :)

but next time dnt 4get the reference because many ask for it :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

brother are you making fun of me? cant i even ask for referance without be seen on as a nasibi? my respect for hazrat ali (ra) is great. i just want to know the reference.

(salam)

How are you all people

You say right sister tatheer that they have to ask for hadith to be believe in GOD too.

So here is the reference

These mathematical problems were that solved by Imam Ali (as) when he became caliph.

Narrated by Abu Hurayrah (Al- Bukhaari)

And i asked you if you want to discuss and dare it came to my topic

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61945

then i satisfy you completely with Ref.'s while unveiling evil face of waahabis and sunnis of what they call of Sa'ha Satta.

Shame on you

So you need refereces so here are see what your 3 Calpihs, enemies of Hazrat Ali (as), and Western Scholars say about him.

Abu Bakr said, "May Allah never put me in a predicament that Abu al-Hasan cannot solve.

And Umar said, "If it was not for Ali, Umar would have perished."

al Isti'ab, vol 3 p 39

Manaqib al Khawarizmi, p 48

al Riyadh al Nadirah, vol 2 p 194

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Ibn Abbas said, "My knowledge and the knowledge of the Companions of Muhammad(saw) is but a drop in seven seas if compared with Ali's knowledge."

And this is what Imam Ali said about himself, "Ask me before you lose me. By Allah, if you ask me about anything that could happen up to the Day of Judgement, I will tell you about it.

al Riyadh al-Nadirah, vol 2 p 198

Tarikh, Suyuti, p 124

al Itqan, Suyuti, vol 2 p 319

Fath al Bari, vol 8 p 485

Tadhib al Tadhib, vol 7 p 338

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umar saying.

"All people are more knowledgeable than I am, even women." He was once asked about the meaning of a Qur'anic verse, and his reaction was to rebuke the man and beat him until he bled, then he said, "Do not ask about matters which may appear bad to you."

Sunan, al Darimi, vol 1 p 54

Tafsir, Ibn Katheer, vol 4 p 232

Tafsir, Suyuti, vol 6p 111

Assessment of Hadrat Ali by Eminent Muslims

Abdullah b. Masud used to say that throughout Arabia there was not a more impartial judge than Ali. He also said that Hadrat Ali was the founder of Arabic grammar.

Abu Saeed Khudiri held that he could easily detect a hypocrite by his enmity towards Ali.

Imam Hanbal said: "Ali had numerous enemies, and all of them tried to find fault with him, but they searched in vain, and could not find any flaw in him. At long last the joined hands with Muawiyah, and declared war on Ali. When they failed to defeat him by fair means, they took to treacherous and defeat folk courses to defeat him."

Ibn Athir, the great biographer held: "Ali was the first Caliph and both of his parents were pure Hashimites. He was so judicially minded that he could not put up with the dishonesty of his relations or friends, and was so much engrossed in piety that at the time of his marriage with Fatima, he did not possess anything save a camel skin on which he fed his camels in the day, and which he converted into a bed sheet at night. The Prophet in his table talk has not extolled anyone of his Companions as much as he had Ali. Surely, Ali never spoke a lie in his lifetime."

What western Scolars say about Hazrat Ali (as)

Dr. Henry Stubbe

(1632-1676) Classicist, polemicist, physician, and philosopher.

“He had a contempt of the world, its glory and pomp, he feared God much, gave many alms, was just in all his actions, humble and affable; of an exceeding quick wit and of an ingenuity that was not common, he was exceedingly learned, not in those sciences that terminate in speculations but those which extend to practice.”

[An Account of the Rise and Progress of Mahometanism, 1705, p. 83]

^^ hazrat ali (ra) is not yours , or ours. he is for all of us, just as the deen of islam, just as the prophethic message and all the imams with the spiritual leaders and the narrators.

i just want to know the reference.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brother, you are entitled to ask for a reference. But I do not have one. I have, however, heard these examples over and over again and also read about them. Unfortunately, at the moment, I cannot remember the names of the books.

1. I dont believe the lunar calendar has 360 days...from a couple of places I read its approx 354-355 days.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hazrat Ali was not talking about the lunar year. Even today uneducated people in many parts of the world are not aware of the exact number of days in the year. All that is famously known is that a month has 30 days. And therefore a year must have 12 times 30 days, which is 360. The exact number of days in the lunar year was not relevant to the ordinary person, especially in those days.

2. The math was truly horrid in the will example :S. What you must see in the end is that 9 is definitely not  half of 17. 18 is just a number which is divisible by 2 3 and 9. 1/2 +1/3 +1/9 does not equal one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

May be the person who made the Will was not good at arithmetic. Or may be he was but was trying to see how smart his successors were.

A simple division by 17 would have given 8 1/2 to the first 5 2/3 to the second and 1 8/9 to the third. So give them 8, 5 and 1 camels respectively...If this was conveniently done around eid time...sacrifice the other two...divide them up into 37 pieces give the youngest 16 the middle 12 and the oldest 9 of them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Division by 17 and those hideous fractions may appear simple to you but not to everyone - especially in those days. In those days, your arithmetic would have made little sense. Hazrat Ali's solution was beautiful and flawlessly perfect.

But isn't there an islamic...rule persay..that inheritance should be divided equally if only sons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They were probably not his sons, but friends or acquaintances.

I just donno if these examples were correct 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The examples are famously quoted by the Shia clergy.

They are believed to be true.

^^ ok brother, but i think this has happened as i have heard it before. he were indeed a wery knowledgable man. the gate to the city of knowledge.

check this out

www.sahaba.net

is this certain that an arabic horse runs 20-22 miles per hour??

That value can be modified to get the true distance???

Just an idea.. i want to know whether this is true that an arabic horse runs at this average speed?

Kazim Zaidi

Kazim Brother

Yes it is that an Arabic Horse runs 21-22 Miles/hour, sorry brother this can't be modified by us, it is of horse naturally.

And also the distance between sun and earth never remains the same.

As we know earth is revolving around the sun in its orbit and each day the earth came closer to sun or move away from it while revolving.

So it is never possible to calculate a true value between the sun and earth it keeps on changing we have to take Average of its to get a true value.

If we calculate the figure that is Distance between Sun and Earth average about 93 Million miles.

OOM & ALI

Any Muslim in the world starts any of his work with the name of almighty GOD (bismillah).

Hindus from any of their sects use to say OOM from starting any of their work.

Origin of the OOM word is "Sanskrit".

Hindu use OOM word for their Gods like other words BAGHWAN, ESHWAR.

In Sanskrit, English Dictionary (Pandit Hardial)

Printed in general electric press Amritsar 1970

Meaning of "OOM" is

1- Hand of GOD

2- Power of GOD

Mr. Jaggat Lal's (1933) "OOM" Definition

Key of Sanskrit lock Vol:2

1- Strengthened hand of GOD coaching the world.

2- Father if earth.

3- He who can turn the sun back.

In Doctor K.C. Chakarwaty dictionary "OOM" describes as

1- Powerful hand of GOD

2- Power light of GOD

3- Face of GOD

If we summarize all, result of OOM meaning

1- Hand of GOD

2- Face of GOD

3- Father of Earth

4- Who can turn back after sunset.

Forecast of Borath

Hindu religious books Kalke Paran and Vedas

Hindurashe Borath about 500 years before A.D. forecasts of coming of last prophet (Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh) ) as word use in books MAHATMA and his only successor (Hazrat Ali (as) ) as RAJKUMAR and signs of that RAJKUMAR to identify are that he Born in PUTRASTHAN (Holy Place) and in big MANDIR(Kaabah) where no one ever born before and after him, he was a killer of AZDAHA (Snake) RAJKUMAR known as father of earth and he turn sun back after sunset.

Japanese and Chinese Language

In old Japanese language the word (AOM)(OOM) written in shape that similar to the Arabic word HAIDER.

Takween Pareena by M Sultan khan Rampure

In Chinese religion word (Oham) is also of great significant.

(Holy Christ Book-9 Page-7)

And all the qualities of these Japanese and Chinese word same of Hindu word OOM.

In close we see all these qualities similar to the qualities of Hazrat Ali (as).

YES YES

ABU TURAAB means (Father of Earth)

KARAM Allah WAJAH' (Face of GOD)

Hazrat Ali (as) never worship idols.

Sunni Ref:

Dur' Manshoor(Ibn Ade and Ibn Asakir)

Tabqat (Ibn Sa'ad)

Astayab (Ibn Ab'd)

Masnad Abe Hanfia Nazal Al-Ibrar

Mayaq'e Kharqa(Hassan Ibn Zad)

Turning Back the Sun

After victory of Khaber in 7th Hijri Hazrat Ali (as) turn the Sun back.

Sunni Ref:

Sawaiq'ul Moharika

Tahave Shafa

When Hazrat Ali (as) was child, in his swing he torn a AZDAHA (Snake) into Two pieces.

Madya Almuajiz Page-98

And this is also known by every body that Hazrat Ali (as) born in Kaabah.

Sunni Ref:

Hakim Nesha Pore (Masdarik)

Nor ud din bin seyag Maliki page 14

Ezalatul Khulafa (Shah Wale Allah)

Al-arbeyatu Al-islameyah

Waselatul Nejat(Mulve M. Mobeen)

Poetry of Khuwaja Moin Ud Din Chishte

Matalib As'soul (Kamal Ud Din Abi Muslim)

Tazkara Khawas Alumah (Shams Ud Din)

Maftah Al'Fatooh (Ahmed Bin Mansor)

Hadeyat Al'sada' ( Shams Ud Din Dolat Abade)

Fasool Mohima (Sheikul Imam Noor Deen)

Insan Al'Ayon

Shawahid'ul Naboyata (Abdul Rehman Jami)

Manqbat'e Tirmizi (Salah Tirmizi)

Muftah An'nejat wa Nazol Al'Ibrar (Mirza M. khan)

Habib Al'ser

Muravaj Al'zahab (Abul Hassan Ali Bin Hussain ali al'masode)

This is not for any debate i just want to share this with you people.

Kashif

Edited by virgoali