Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali Ahmad

Baathists back in buisness for torture

Rate this topic

From James Hider in Baghdad

IRAQI security forces, set up by American and British troops, torture detainees by pulling out their fingernails, burning them with hot irons or giving them electric shocks, Iraqi officials say. Cases have also been recorded of bound prisoners being beaten to death by police.

Iraqi and US authorities have enlisted men trained under Saddam Hussein’s regime and versed in torture and abuse, the officials told The Times. They said that recruits were also being drawn from the ranks of outlawed Shia militias.

Counter-insurgencies are rarely clean fights, but Iraq’s dirty war is being waged under the noses of US and British troops whose mission is to end the abuses of the former dictatorship. Instead, they appear to have turned a blind eye to the constant reports of torture from Iraq’s prisons.

Among the worst offenders cited are the Interior Ministry police commandos, a force made up largely of former army officers and special forces soldiers drawn from the ranks of Saddam’s dissolved army. They are seen as the most effective tool the coalition has in fighting the insurgency.

“It’s a gruesome situation we are in,” a senior Iraqi official said. “You have to understand the situation when the special commandos were formed last August. They were taking on an awful lot of people in a great hurry. Many of them were people who served in Saddam’s forces . . . The choice of taking them on was a difficult one. There was no supervision. There still really isn ’t any, and that applies to all the security forces. They’re all doing this.”

“This”, said Saad Sultan, the Human Rights Ministry official in charge of monitoring Iraq’s prisons, includes random arrests, sometimes without a warrant, hanging people from ceilings and beating them, attaching electrodes to ears, hands, feet and genitals, and holding hot irons to flesh.

Four of his 22 monitors have already quit their jobs, leaving a handful of lawyers to inspect scores of prisons.

“Two months ago I could go into a prison and more than 50 per cent of the people had been ill-treated,” Mr Sultan said. Six months ago the situation had been even worse.

Reports of torture and abuse are commonplace. Omar, a 22-year-old student, said that he was picked up in a night raid on his home in Baghdad by police commandos, who dragged him away from his family to a detention facility. No one told him where he was or what he was accused of, he said. As he was marched into prison, policemen lined up to beat him and his fellow detainees. The prisoners’ handcuffs were tightened until the men screamed.

The next day, he and his neighbour were blindfolded and transported to another facility, where his neighbour collapsed unconscious during a beating. He was then led into an interrogation room, where a policeman attached electrodes to his thumbs and toes. “I immediately asked what they wanted and he said something like, ‘You have been targeting police and national guardsmen’. Without waiting for my response, he switched on the electricity, then kept on turning it off and on until I could hardly breathe.

“I screamed under torture,” Omar said. “It’s not a place to prove your courage. These guys are trying to kill you for nothing.” He was released without charge after 12 days.

The abuse has not gone unnoticed by the coalition, but little has been done to address it. A US State Department report in February stated that Iraqi authorities had been accused of “arbitrary deprivation of life, torture, impunity, poor prison conditions — particularly in pre-trial detention facilities — and arbitrary arrest and detention.” A Human Rights Watch report also noted that “unlawful arrest, long-term incommunicado detention, torture and other ill-treatment of detainees (including children) by Iraqi authorities have become routine and commonplace”.

Evidence of extra-judicial killings by the security forces has also come to light. Mr Sultan is investigating the case of three members of the Badr Corps, the paramilitary wing of one of the main Shia parties in government, who were arrested by police, handcuffed and beaten to death.

An Iraqi official said that the Iraqi National Guard, the US-trained paramilitary police, regularly disposed of the corpses of its victims by throwing them in the river. He added that while the de facto death squads were not part of government policy, little was being done to counteract them. “These are exceptional times. It’s an emergency.”

Source: Times Online UK

Edited by Ali Ahmad

I am glad to hear that :) :!!!: :shaytan: :wub: Finally, the Iraqi government got taugh with the killers.

Most Iraqis complain that the government is tooooooo soft with the "Mujaheeden"

I guess this will help the "Mujaheden to understand Democracy

I am glad to hear that  :)  :!!!:  :shaytan:  :wub: Finally, the Iraqi government got taugh with the killers.

Most Iraqis complain that the government is tooooooo soft with the "Mujaheeden"

I guess this will help the "Mujaheden to understand Democracy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EXACTLY! i hope there are more shias that think like us! Laanatullahi al3a il sunna il munafiqeen! Allah (SWT) knows best...

w/s

I am glad to hear that  :)  :!!!:  :shaytan: 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

your glad to hear that the iraqi government has teamed up with the baathists? how very revlealing of your movement. meanwhile the mujahideen are fighting the kuffar and the baathist aligned regime.

your glad to hear that the iraqi government has teamed up with the baathists? how very revlealing of your movement. meanwhile the mujahideen are fighting the kuffar and the baathist aligned regime.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are A BIG LIER. Those who are fighting the government are Baaths and Mujaheeden.

Your Mujaheeden had teamed up with the Baathe to fight the elected governement.

Go and Ask your Mujaheeden how they got gelp from the Baathes. All are just hypocratic people

You are A BIG LIER.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey dont [Edited Out] up on me. Read the report, even the US installed regime is admitting that the Baathists, the americans and the Shia militias are openly helping the government torture muslims.

Ali Ahmad , i know you are salafi. There is no place for salafies in Iraq.

The government will crush the terrorists ''mujahidien wahahha''.

Al badr , jeish mahdi , pesh merga , jeish al 7orr , jeish al iraqi , haras watani , iraqi police , we will crush the terrorism. We will win !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah and killing maybe 1 American for every 20 dead Iraqis. Pretty pathetic, huh?

In 2 and a half years they've only killed, what, 1700 Americans?

So you're "mujahideen" average just over 1 dead American a day?

Pathetic :dry:

Hey dont [Edited Out] up on me. Read the report, even the US installed regime is admitting that the Baathists, the americans and the Shia militias are openly helping the government torture muslims.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My family, my relatives, my friends alllllll in Iraq, and they all tell me the Baathes and Wahabee had teamed up against the government

Why should I believe your pathetic reports instead of my ppl...

Wake up

DO not live in dreams

IRAQ IS FREE WITH THE HELP OF US

The days of ur Mujahadeen are numbered

My family, my relatives, my friends alllllll in Iraq, and they all tell me the Baathes and Wahabee had teamed up against the government <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im sure they would like to beleive that and that is the general propagander thrown about to rally support for the regime. But officials in the US installed Iraqi regime itself have admitted that the regime has ties to Baathists.

Edited by Ali Ahmad

Im sure they would like to beleive that and that is the general propagander thrown about to rally support for the regime. But officials in the US installed Iraqi regime itself have admitted that the regime has ties to Baathists.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All of them went out to elect their governemnt risking their lives. And, u and other stupid guy sitting here calling it "Installed government"

Really, I dont know what is the point of having a discussion with someone who doesnt see Fact..

U, really, have a serious mentility problem. U live in illusion.

And, i know, people similar to u will be eleminated only by Imam Mahdi (A.S)

All of them went out to elect their governemnt risking their lives.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I put 10 people under the knife and ask then if they want to have their throat cut or their leg cut or their eyes cut and 70% of them choose legs, does that mean they like to have their legs cut?

Ali Ahmad I wish to invite you to iraq. I'd like to find out whether your fighting prowess matches your talk or you're (as I suspect) an all talk no action armchair jihadists who likes to spit and rant his venomus poison then sit back waiting for fools looking for a one way ticket to hell to do his vile work for him.

Edited by Ali86

Guest ya ameer
The Prophet (pbuh): If you want to see the knowledge of Adam(A.S.), the faith of Nuh(A.S.), the dedication of Ibrahim(A.S.), the respect of Musa (A.S.) and the devotion of Isa (A.S.) look at the bright face of Ali (A.S.)

Ali (A.S.) would not have been honoured by the caliphate, the caliphate would have been honoured by Ali (A.S.)

salaam Allah 3alaik ya ameer el mu2mineen

Ali Ahmad I wish to invite you to iraq. I'd like to find out whether your fighting prowess matches your talk or you're (as I suspect) an all talk no action armchair jihadists who likes to spit and rant his venomus poison then sit back waiting for fools looking for a one way ticket to hell to do his vile work for him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only reason you hate is because you know I am speaking the truth.