Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

------------

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
... along with accusations he took part in the 1979 kidnapping siege at the US embassy in Tehran.

Is there any truth in this allegation?

But what reaped Ahmadinejad 61.69% of the votes in his crushing run-off win against government veteran Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani was his success in convincing Iranians he is an honest Muslim who cares about their economic problems.

Friends in Iran told me that they, and many others, voted for him because it is widely suspected that Rafsanjani is corrupt. Is there any truth to this?

:huh:

Many in the free-world are suspicious of Ahmadinejad. Nevertheless, the world should respect the fact that the Iranian people have made their choice (albeit from a controlled and restricted shortlist!).

The Iranians need and deserve good, effective government. Lets hope they finally get it.

I just hope that he doesn’t do anything daft enough to give the Americans the excuse they're looking for to go a-bombing… :unsure:

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Is there any truth in this allegation?

Friends in Iran told me that they, and many others, voted for him because it is widely suspected that Rafsanjani is corrupt. Is there any truth to this?

:huh:

Such rumours are dominant in Iran. The West seems to like him though and strikes many business deals with him.

Many in the free-world are suspicious of Ahmadinejad. Nevertheless, the world should respect the fact that the Iranian people have made their choice (albeit from a controlled and restricted shortlist!).

Yeah, we here in the UK had loads of options to chose from: War crazed Blair or war crazed Howard.

Maybe media sources should mention the restriction in British elections more often.

The Iranians need and deserve good, effective government. Lets hope they finally  get it.

We in Britain deserve that too. Turnouts to elections are very low and theres a general apathy about politics and government. People have lost hope. I hope we finally get good, effective government.

I just hope  that he doesn’t do anything daft enough to give the Americans the  excuse they're looking for to go a-bombing… :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its a shame the "free-world" dictates , threatens and mass bombs others and is yet called free.

So were abouts is the free-world ?

Edited by YA ZAHRA
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Such rumours are dominant in Iran. The West seems to like him though and strikes many business deals with him.

So was Ahmadinejad one of the Kidnappers? And do you mean the West likes Rafsanjani? I've heard the guy has amassed billions. Is that true?

Yeah, we here in the UK had loads of options to chose from: War crazed Blair or war crazed Howard. Maybe media sources should mention the restriction in British elections more often.

Anyone can stand for election here. There is no Council of Guardians dictate who can and cannot stand for election, who we can and who we can't vote for. If enough people had felt strongly enough about the war they could have voted for the dozens of Anti-war candidates throughout the country. Daft answer!

Its a shame the "free-world" dictates , threatens and mass bombs others and is yet called free.

Despite your daft argument previously, this is a good response. I retract "free-world", which is a Neocon American saying anyway and apologise for using it. Should have said "West". Which answers your next question...

So were abouts is the free-world ?

Still interested if any one has answers to the question in my previous post.