Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

------------

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
just to add to the facts...

thats 1700+ dead Americans total.  but thats also those due to combat AND accidents.

In reality its around 1300+ combat related deaths.  400 or so have died in accidents and such.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They must be realy bad drivers if you believe this. But then again, the american goverment lying... NOOO

They must be realy bad drivers if you believe this. But then again, the american goverment lying... NOOO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually. one of the first fatalities in the Iraq War came when a sailor fell out of his bunk and broke his neck. This was before the invasion even happened.

Believe it or not, having 250,000 people around and accidents WILL happen.

(bismillah)

In the name of Allah, the graceful, the merciful

(salam)

Casualties in Iraq:

The Human Cost of Occupation:

American Deaths:   

Since war began (3/19/03):                              1748 Deaths

Since "Mission Accomplished" (5/1/03):              1611 Deaths

Since Capture of Saddam (12/13/03):                1281 Deaths

Since Handover (6/29/04):                                882 Deaths

Since Election (1/31/05):                                    316 Deaths

Americans Wounded (Official):                            13190          

Iraqi Civilian Death Toll So Far: 22,787 (Reported Min) -  25-814 (Reported Max)

These are only the death's mentioned in the media so far, who knows what the real number is...

Iraqi civilian deaths which resulted from coalition military action during the "major-combat" phase prior to May 1st 2003: 7,250 Deaths... Thats over 4 times more than all the US casualties combined!!!

Note: Civilian deaths include Iraqi men, women, cheldren, and the elderly...

These are all deaths which the Occupying Authority has a binding responsibility to prevent under the Geneva Conventions and Hague Regulations. This includes civilian deaths resulting from the breakdown in law and order, and deaths due to inadequate health care or sanitation. Looks like they did a good job  :dry:

Info provided by Iraq Body Count (IBC), a volunteer group of British and US academics and researchers, compiled statistics on civilian casualties from media reports.

US Comments & Quotes:

"We don't do bodycounts" General Tommy Franks, US Central Command

"If you go back to what we achieved here, which was the liberation of 25 million people in less than three weeks, with fewer civilian casualties and less collateral damage than any war in history . . . the loss of innocent life is a tragedy for anyone involved in it but the numbers are really very low." Paul Bremer, the US administrator in Iraq (Yeah, 25,000 Deaths is very low in Iraq, but 3,000 deaths is very high in New York on September 11....)

Cost of new US Embassy building in Iraq: 1.3 Billion Dollars!!!!

Relief for Tsunami victims from the US: 350 million

...You can really tell where their priorities are... and Bush keeps talking about the 'importance of life'...please!!  :dry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

look, do you follow Sistani? ask him for a fatwa for the american forces to withdraw, go ahead, I beg you to ask Sistani for this fatwa. By the way, where are you facts for the millions of Shia families which suffered the torment of Saddam ibne yazid (lanat)?? Where are you facts for the sisters who saw their brothers, sons, and father's kidnapped, and later end up "missing".

If you are not shia, then look at this entire situation from a human rights standpoint. Look at what clerics faced under the baathist. Just listen to the cries of the Iraqi mothers, and sadr;s grief.

I saw, if you are shia, or anyother religion, THANK Allah (SWT) FOR THE AMERICAN LIBERATION. THANK Allah (SWT) FOR SHIA PEOPLE FINALLY BEING ALLOWED TO VISIT MOLA (as)'s SHRINE, MATAM AT HAZARAT ABBAS (as) AND IMAM HUSSAIN'S (as) SHRINES.

WHY DO YOU SHIAS WANT TO FURTHER HURT BIBI FATIMA (as). USE YOUR COMMON SENSE TO SEE WHETHER WE WERE GOOD UNDER THE OLD REGIME OR THE SHIA ONE?

BTW, WHO IS KILLING ALL THOSE STATISTICS YOU POSTED ABOVE??? AREN'T THE KILLERS THE SAME PEOPLE WHO RECITE "LA ILLA HA, ILLAL LA"?

• Veteran Member
actually. one of the first fatalities in the Iraq War came when a sailor fell out of his bunk and broke his neck. This was before the invasion even happened.

Believe it or not, having 250,000 people around and accidents WILL happen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, having bullets and bombs going off overhead tends to distract drivers and make them run into other vehicles and such, as well.

I think that the number of incidental losses in war is usually fairly substantial. The difference is that, in the past, the military authorities tried to give solace to the families by treating them as "killed in action" even though the immediate cause of their deaths may not have been hostile gunfire or bombs. However, the Bush-run Pentagon seems more interested in trying to create the impression that the losses due to the war have been less, by creating this new distinction between "hostile" and "non-hostile."

Greg

• Advanced Member
look, do you follow Sistani?  ask him for a fatwa for the american forces to withdraw, go ahead, I beg you to ask Sistani for this fatwa.  By the way, where are you facts for the millions of Shia families which suffered the torment of Saddam ibne yazid (lanat)??  Where are you facts for the sisters who saw their brothers, sons, and father's kidnapped, and later end up "missing". 

If you are not shia, then look at this entire situation from a human rights standpoint.  Look at what clerics faced under the baathist.  Just listen to the cries of the Iraqi mothers, and sadr;s grief.

I saw, if you are shia, or anyother religion, THANK Allah (SWT) FOR THE AMERICAN LIBERATION.  THANK Allah (SWT) FOR SHIA PEOPLE FINALLY BEING ALLOWED TO VISIT MOLA (as)'s SHRINE, MATAM AT HAZARAT ABBAS (as) AND IMAM HUSSAIN'S (as) SHRINES. 

WHY DO YOU SHIAS WANT TO FURTHER HURT BIBI FATIMA (as).  USE YOUR COMMON SENSE TO SEE WHETHER WE WERE GOOD UNDER THE OLD REGIME OR THE SHIA ONE?

BTW, WHO IS KILLING ALL THOSE STATISTICS YOU POSTED ABOVE???  AREN'T THE KILLERS THE SAME PEOPLE WHO RECITE "LA ILLA HA, ILLAL LA"?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree! TEAM USA is the good guys! shias+usa will defeat sunni insurgency inshallah :D :angel: :P

It'll be the other way round because Allah aids the muslims against the kuffar. and those who join the kuffar in killing muslims are amongst the the kuffar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ROFL :lol:

You can't even overthrow your corrupt one party torture states. Whats makes you think you can bring down the christian west. :lol:

The only reason muslims don't rise up is they are more scared of people like you than there loser goverments.

Now, if you started to campaign for real democratic reform and a free and tolerate society, we might be in trouble............................but you won't.

Its all Kuffars, Infidels, Zionists, Jihid. Its almost like Allah is playing a cruel joke on you people. Its just defeat after dedeat after defeat .

• Advanced Member

I don't think the United States ever should have invaded Iraq. I say this because the most importan rationales, that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and the Saddam was working with al-Qaeda, were never true. If it were up to me, we wouldn't be there.

That said, I have to say that it's a little ironic that someone would cite 7,250 civilian deaths caused by coalition action prior to the insurgency. At the rate that Saddam Hussein was killing people I quite strongly suspect that the Iraq death rate declined during that part of the war, especially for the Shia.

The U.S. has poured its blood and treasure into the invasion of Iraq. Frankly, the chief beneficiaries have been the Shia and the Kurds, or so it would seem. And we find ourselves trapped within a sectarian civil war between Shia and Sunni, which apparently is a story just about as old as Islam itself.

What does the U.S. get out of this? Nothing that I can see. From my point of view, all we've done is spend lives and money, and seen some of our troops stain our national honor and reputation by engaging in the kind of torture that the inhabitants of the region have been inflicting upon each other for millennia. Our troops will leave at some point, and then the Shia and Sunni of Iraq will resume carving each other up in the name of the true Islam. And Americans will sit here and wonder how in hell we ever got sucked into that particular rat's nest. :unsure:

Edited by curious american
Corrupt US sponsored torture states have been overthrown in the past and will be overthrown in the future.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

US sponsored ????

The cold war is over. You will have to find another excuse for your imcompetence.

Its a global community now. Waging war against the west is waging war against the global economy.

Your not going to win that one. Just ask the Vietnamese about that one. They may have forced the american to leave early.....................but I can go there now and buy a wife for about 100 dollars.

Maybe I will get 3 of them :!!!: