Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

(salam)

Was wondering if anyone knew the origins of the Bosnian Shia? I've met a few but they didn't know much English (and vice versa). I now work with a Bosnian Christian who when I described my recent trip to Saida Zeinab Mosque for Arabeen he was obviously familiar with Shiite practices. Can anyone illuminate me on the origins of the Bosnian Shia? What percentage of the population they are? Were they also targetted and massacred by the Serbs?

WS.

Sallams

I know of a couple of families and they seem to propagate and the community is growing. The percentage is very low. Like you can probably say non-existent. Bosnians are sunnis, and as it is the Bosnians consider themselves to be European first rather than Muslims . Hence you will find a lot of them not knowing their religion well, drinking etc, marrying non Muslims. However inshallah kheir, if there is one - there is a great chance for others to follow suit.

Take care and in good health

(salam)

a brother who went there during the conflict told me that some bosnians became shia because of some iranian brothers who came to fight for them as jihad. other than that i don't know about the history of shi'ism in their culture.

The literature laureateship, presented to Handke and 2018 laureate Olga Tokarczuk on Tuesday afternoon, faces boycotts and widespread protest

Alison Flood

Tue 10 Dec 2019 17.00 GMTLast modified on Wed 11 Dec 2019 00.55 GMT

Handke (left) receives the 2019 Nobel prize in literature from King Carl XVI Gustaf (right) of Sweden during the ceremony at Stockholm Concert Hall on Tuesday.  Handke (left) receives the 2019 Nobel prize in literature from King Carl XVI Gustaf (right) of Sweden during the ceremony at Stockholm Concert Hall on Tuesday. Photograph: Jonas Ekstromer/POOL/EPA

As Turkey joins Albania and Kosovo in boycotting Tuesday’s Nobel prize ceremony for Peter Handke over his support for Slobodan Milosevic’s genocidal regime, war correspondents from Christiane Amanpour to Jeremy Bowen are protesting his win by sharing their harrowing stories from the conflict in the former Yugoslavia.

The Austrian writer, whose stance on the Yugoslav wars of the 1990s and attendance at Milosevic’s funeral have been widely criticised, is due to receive his Nobel medal in Stockholm, where a large protest demonstration is expected.

Bosnian Swedish writer Adnan Mahmutovic, who is organising the protests, said there had been a huge negative response to Handke’s win in Sweden.

“We hope that our voices tonight will help us start a dialogue about the consequences of continuous genocide denial that has been going on for decades. Genocide is not an event but a process whose last phase is denial. We cannot let our Nobel legacy legitimise it,” he said.

Handke has claimed that the Muslims staged their own massacres in Sarajevo and then blamed this on the Serbs, also casting doubt on the massacre of thousands of Muslims in Srebrenica in 1995. In an essay for the French newspaper Libération in 2006, he wrote: “Let’s stop comparing Slobodan Milosevic to Hitler … and let’s never again use the expression for the camps installed during the Yugoslav war ‘concentration camps’.

“True, there were intolerable camps between 1992 and 1995 in Yugoslavia, especially in Bosnia. But let us stop mechanically linking, in our heads, these camps to Bosnian Serbs – there were also Croatian camps and Muslim camps, and the crimes committed there, and there, are and will be tried in The Hague,” he wrote. “And finally, let’s stop linking the massacres (amongst which, in the plural, those in Srebrenica in July 1995 were by far the most abominable) to Serbian forces or paramilitaries. Let us also listen to the survivors of Muslim massacres in the many Serbian villages around Srebrenica.”

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/dec/10/protests-grow-ahead-of-nobel-prize-ceremony-for-peter-handke

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/dec/06/peter-handke-questions-nobel-prize-literature-milosevic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Handke

https://www.change.org/p/nobel-prize-committee-revoke-nobel-price-for-literature-awarded-to-peter-handke

f3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800_356.jpg

156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b_970.jpg

799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9_475.jpg

d0096ec6c83575373e3a21d129ff8fef_582.jpg

fe5df232cafa4c4e0f1a0294418e5660_606.jpg

8cda81fc7ad906927144235dda5fdf15_127.jpg
30e62fddc14c05988b44e7c02788e187_320.jpg

ae566253288191ce5d879e51dae1d8c3_509.jpg

62bf1edb36141f114521ec4bb4175579_503.jpg

https://fa.abna24.com/news/اخبار-اروپا/اعتراض-به-اعطای-جایزه-نوبل-به-حامی-نسل‌کشی-مسلمانان-بوسنی_761882.html

Edited by Ashvazdanghe