Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ali on moon

Rate this topic

Guest SayedM'sSister
how can there be a face AND 'Ali' on the moon? :huh:

(bismillah)

(salam)

Ali is written on the moon from the shape of things but if neone goes and looks at a full moon closely i gaurantee u'll see eyes a nose and a mouth, maybe even if ur lucky a moving mouth :)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any links to this report? And the bit in bold....just wow. This is only proof for those who want to see such weak evidence to support their beliefs. Do you think it's that simple? That none of the ot

Ok heres a pic of the moon from the following 2 sites: http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov http://lisavalentine.wordpress.com/2007/09/26/harvest-moon/ The patterned design which appears to be darker then the

Posted Images

• Veteran Member

Salaam

1. The name Ali is clearly there on the Moon given evidence shown on this Thread - a word of clarification though that the Moon changes orinettaion in the night, and also is considerably different in orientation in east vs western countries - seeing Ali in the Moon in writing is easiest in the west like in Europe and harder in say China or India as the Moon is turned round by more degrees.

2. In West there is a saying - the man in the Moon - about a mysterious face seen in the Moon. So I do not think it is product of Shia people's imagination.

Now given fact the name is Ali on the Moon it implies the face (the man in the Moon) is also that of Ali (as).

Salaam

Guest THE GUARDIAN OF FAITH

I don't know if this hadith by Prophet Mohammed (Peace and blessings be upon him) is already mentioned because I didn't read through this thread. "I am the sun and Ali is the moon." I know this hadith doesn't clarify what's being discussed, but I just though it's worth mentioning.

Well, I strongly believe Imam Ali (as) name is on the moon. I haven't seen it myself, but I have heard many claim they seen it. And if my Shia bro's believe it, then I do too.

Ws, Sah

• 6 months later...
  • Advanced Member
Salam Alaykum.

The hadith "I [the prophet saws] am like the sun and Ali is like the moon" makes it even harder to deny.

In light of modern science, this would mean that the Prophet PBUH was a source of light like the sun, and Ali (as) was a reflector of that same light. It also shows that the Prophet PBUH was aware of the reality of the sun being a generator of light, and the moon being a reflector of it.

Of course, the Quran also mentions the sun as a lamp, and the moon, if i correctly recall, simply as a light. Anybody care to post the Ayah?

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

"The hour drew nigh and the Moon did rend asunder"

"And if they see a mericle they turn aside and say: Transient Magic"

[Al-Qamar:1-2]

The splitting of the moon is a well known mericle amongst Muslims of All sects but the details of the event are not known by many. The prophet used his finger to rend it asunder, what is says on the moon is actually a combination of two words Aaali (the exalted) and mohammad. If one observes closely both the names can be seen.

The prophet wrote Aali which is a name of Allah and then wrote mohammad which is the name of his messenger hense he wrote the entire kalima on the moon after which by the will of Allah the moon split. And when the moon joined back together the names remained, if you split a piece of paper and then join it back together the part from where it is joined remains clearly visible and that mark shows that the paper was in fact torn at one point. Similarly Allah left that mark on the moon to show that "..the moon did rend Asunder".

Miracles are meant to increase the beleivers in faith and to show to those who do not beleive that what the beleivers follow is in fact the truth.

Allah hafiz

Ali

• Advanced Member

Salaam.

Whether one believes or disbelieves a fact does not change. The same picture on the full moon, clearly shows the name 'ALI' in Arabic... are you sure not getting confused with English or another language? The haruwf/letters ع ل ي are clearly noticeable.

Coincidently then why is not Omar or Wahaab and Bush or Saddam or anything else randomly noticeable on the moon? To not know a fact and refuse is ignorancy but to see proof of a fact and still deny is foolishness. It is strange how people fall for myths, superstition and magic, but deny accepting proof and evidence of Allah. Deny or accept, it will not change the fact anyway.

Allah blessed mankind with alot of bounties/nemah, of which 2 are eyes and a brain, then Allah made us free to use it as one wishes. Yet some end up disbelieving in Allah himself, so what else can be worse than that.

(By the way if you are able to observe the moon then try and check the rest of it; you will see Muhamad م ح م د and Allah ا ل ل ه aswell - whether you believe it or not it is there).

Edited by Mahdiyah
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

Some shias claim that the moon has a clear pattern on it which reads "Ali". I personally am not too sure about it. The "A" of Ali does look clear, but then it could be just a random pattern. When I discuss this with other shias, some of them taunt me by saying that I am not a true shia because I am denying the miracle of Allah. I don't see how believing that Ali is written on moon affects your faith. Is it necessary to believe in something like this? Yes, it could be a miracle, but then it could just be like one of the so many other things shias and muslims in general keep coming up with (like trees in ruko, walls weeping over Imam Hussain(as) etc.) We dont have any evidence and neither is it too important to believe in this. Our faith should not be dependant upon these "miracles". The other aspect of this is that if Allah wants to increase his hujjah on all people, what can stop him from making a pattern on the moon which looks like "Ali". So what do you think?

(salam)

http://www.al-imam.net/graphics/miracle3.jpg

well y not?!! it says in Hadeeth ul Kisaa that if it wasnt 4 these 5 then Allah wouldnt have created the sun or the moon... it all ties in :D

(salam)

• Advanced Member

I never noticed this before, although knowing how 'Ali' is written in arabic but only until my brother pointed it ou. So it may be written on it or it could be our minds.

Depends what u believe. I'm sure believing in this Miracle or not believing in it does not have an impact on ure Imaan what so ever.

• 5 months later...
Guest newsbot

this is very idiotic, yes i used 'the' word so ban me.

seriously there are hundreds of great signs found in quran and hadith. these will only give fuel to those who make a mockery of religion.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

seriously there are hundreds of great signs found in quran and hadith. these will only give fuel to those who make a mockery of religion.

I don't think we should occupy ourselves too much with what others think of our belief in miracles and the supernatural, if we are firmly rooted in truth ourslves as Muslims. Besides, no true Muslim will base his beliefs on miracles and extraordinary spectacles. Miracles are intended only to re-assure the faithful, not as proofs for the doctrines of Islam, which are proven by way of reason and not physical perception.

Although the clarity of the word Ali is not comparable to that printed on a typewriter, for those who can read Arabic the word Ali can certainly be distinguished on the surface of the moon even if vaguely. For me, this is only interesting because it is connected to what has been narrated by the Prophet [pbuh] himself: "I am as the Sun and Ali is as the Moon". Otherwise, I would have basis for doubt. Also for that reason, I reject the comparison made by some with the 'toast of Mary' which was sold on ebay or other arbitrary cases where people's imaginations had just gone wild.

Edited by MajiC
  • Advanced Member

Yes I am 100% sure that "Ali" is written on the moon

and at full moon i always watch it and it is clear

in my childhood i always says that two eye nose and lips are made on moon but my family refused but many time

b4 my father told me that ALI (a.s) is written on ali and there is an artical in imamia jantari about this topic

• Advanced Member

For those who are not familiar with what is meant when the Prophet (S) said: "I am like the Sun and Ali is like the moon"

Sun equals Noor (Light)...The PROPHET (S) is a lamp of Guidance, His Noor is a blessing on all Mankind as the Messenger of God.

Imam Ali (A) reflects this noor onto us, being the successor of the Holy Prophet (S). So why is the Imam refered to as the Moon.

This itself is a proof of the Successorship of Ali (A). When the evening grows closer each day the sun which nourishes the earth and provides light slowly sinks away behind the horizon. When the light completely extinguishes from the skies, there is only one colossal object in the skies which continues to deliver light. This object is the moon itself which produces its light from the reflection of the Sun. Though we are completely blinded from the suns location, the moon being millions of miles in outer space still gathers the suns bearings and is able to reflect light directly from the fireball itself in order to provide us Noor.

Though its such a simple fact which almost seems unnecessary to mention...but when combined with this Hadith...it becomes incredibly remarkable that the Prophet is clearly stressing that he Provides the Noor of Guidance to all Mankind like the Sun Provides Light and nourishment, and then when he is no longer there, it Is Imam Ali (A) who continues to reflect that Light of Guidance like the Moon.

Edited by wazz
  • 8 months later...
  • Advanced Member
Salam Alaykum.

Not that this is something critical, but with all this talk of 'Ali on the moon being a part of our imagination, I'd like to see other words that can be made out.

Umm actually it also says Allah and muhammad on the moon in arabic search it on google searc mohammed on the moon sorry im too lazy to post the link....

• Veteran Member

(salam)

So what if Ali's (as) name is written on the moon.. What does that have to do with faith

It is really disturbing to see people believe in it so deeply that they have to bring up hadeeths etc... I can draw you a picture on the moon right now on my Image editor and make you believe Yazid (la) is written on the moon.. Please.. Don't believe this

(salam)

Edited by M4L
  • Advanced Member

^ YEAH IM SURE YOU CAN GET A JOB WITH THE WAHABI AGENTS TOO AND JOIN THE SAUD OUTFITS TO FABRICATE ANOTHER HADITH SAYING "ABU BAKR AND UMARS NAME IS ON THE MOON" TOO.

You can do a lot cos there are alotta ignorant people out there who will buy [Edited Out] and sell it like theres no tomorrow.

But regarding Imam Alis (A) name on the moon....yep its there.....whether its one of natures unintended miracles or just a coincidence, thats another story.

• Advanced Member
(salam)

So what if Ali's (as) name is written on the moon.. What does that have to do with faith

It is really disturbing to see people believe in it so deeply that they have to bring up hadeeths etc... I can draw you a picture on the moon right now on my Image editor and make you believe Yazid (la) is written on the moon.. Please.. Don't believe this

(salam)

(salam)

That is not our faith that name of our beloved imam a.s must b written on the moon, but if u watch moon on the night of 14th of any month according to Islami calendar u might see it live by yur self, it doesnt require any alteration or graphics tricks

it is the fact that the image which was zoomed very closely looks like the shape of the word Ali

One who study moon deeply know well what really it is

so no need to say that some one may alter it, the image which was quoted by me is 100 % true