Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
silenser

Shia in Canada?

man i wish i can go to Al Mahdi mosque but its in pickering isnt it? and since i signed up for their AMYS emails i feel so left out, i see how much fun they are having lol, and its mostly in urdu which i dont understand.

its not fair, the youth section at my centre has died out and no body participates in it, i think we should merge with AMYS or at least Bayview's youth!!

Well Al Mahdi programs are mostly in Urdu, but the AMYS events, most of the youth all speak English (cuz' most of the youths can't really communicate in Urdu :P) so the events are basically all in English, like the camps and what not.

the youth section at my centre has died out and no body participates

Which one is it?

PS- This is the Al-Mahdi forum: http://www.gtashia.com/gtashia/forums/index.php?showforum=44

We would like to create forums for the other youth committees too but no one really seems interested.

Edited by Ali_Imran

thanks, im already on that forum and saw that.

the first thing i thought was, ' aw man, we dont have one of those! ' amys is so organized!!

im at the YS at icoa- our website isnt even updated regularly :angry: it still has programs from muharaam.. and we didnt get to do our annual summer picnic this year either, but you guys did grrr. lol, not angry just frustrated.

but sometimes we do great things like have really good speakers during muharram, omg br. wael was such a good speaker mashallah that he inspired me to wear hijab!

and i know that amys is english speaking, but the events that i want to go to usually arent, like for example there was this like play thing or dinner thing, i cant even remember the name and i was so excited to go but when i visited the website, and saw the event trailor, the play was in urdu.....

oh wellz, our YS is thinking of reassembling for ramadhan inshallah, well see though, we are just too lazy i guess.

im at the YS at icoa- our website isnt even updated regularly it still has programs from muharaam.. and we didnt get to do our annual summer picnic this year either, but you guys did grrr. lol, not angry just frustrated.

Oh cool the Afghan centre :D Hey we are having our SECOND BBQ on Sunday ;) hehe come out :D last time I saw Iraqis I was like damn lol finally we are getting non-desis to come too! And at the Camp we had Iranis and Iraqis and Afghanis it was nice to see some different people.

like for example there was this like play thing or dinner thing

Well there was a play a few days before Ghadeer, and then we had a dinner after Eid-e-Zehra called Unite and Prevail. Don't worry, it wasn't that good this year, you really didn't miss much. Too much internal politics ruined it :rolleyes:

omg br. wael was such a good speaker mashallah that he inspired me to wear hijab!

Oh ya, I remember in Muharram the AMYS and Afghan Centre combined to have him and I think Moulana Usama as well. You know it was actually me, and 2 other friends who found Br. Wael in 2005 @ Al-Hussain Centre when Ammar Nakshawani was here and then we called up Br. Wael to read a few majaalis for the youth during the 10 days of Muharram. Since then he's been reciting a lot he's in the hawzah in Windsor now MashAllah @).

that he inspired me to wear hijab!

And all this time I thought you were a guy -_-

Edited by Ali_Imran

UTSC :Hijabi: I'm there more than my own university :Hijabi: I know many Shias there (though there are a lot more @ York) but I go there (to chill :P) cuz' most of my highschool friends went there and few to York, and cuz' it's a closer library to study at with friends then going all the way to York which is like 1 hour away, UTSC is like 30 minutes away. I got accepted there but I rejected it :blush:.

Edited by Ali_Imran

(salam)

I live in Sweden, Uppsala and we are a number (bear in mind the small population of Uppsala estimated 400000 peeps), but we have only one little musallah for the shi'ites and they only open it sundays and thursdays and when they do open it, it's only at maghrib time and shi'ites are forced to either go the namaz jum'a in the official sunni mosque or have a gathering at home...pretty much stinks but in göteborg (gothamburg), stockholm and malmö (malmo) it's pretty organised I think.

But I have heard and read pretty much only good things about living in canada, masha Allah brothers and sisters, keep organising the muslims of shi'at 'ali and we will try to do ours here in Sweden insha Allah tabaraka wa ta'ala.

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

ya UTSC is full of muslim ppl but the Thaqlain Muslim Association is not very active. the MSA with its majority sunni are way more active, its so maddening lol. i even emailed the tma and asked them to let me kno of any events and if they need my help and all i got was... 'we will let you know' ???

and york does have a huge shia population, all of my friends from my centre go to york, youre lucky.

ya UTSC is full of muslim ppl but the Thaqlain Muslim Association is not very active. the MSA with its majority sunni are way more active, its so maddening lol. i even emailed the tma and asked them to let me kno of any events and if they need my help and all i got was... 'we will let you know' ???

and york does have a huge shia population, all of my friends from my centre go to york, youre lucky.

TMA has only been around for about 6 years (going to 7 i think). Anyways, they are doing their best to be active...I mean like Mash'Allah the group started out years ago in one location and now its spread around other Universities in Southern Ontario! And, they are also located in Dearborn, MI...

Insh'Allah they will contact you for events that they'll host ..=)

(salam)

I am a Sunni.I have noticed most shia who take part in discussions,live in Canada.What is the reason?Do the extreme cold make them use the net more often?

Do they have a large shia community in Canada?

dude i'm Shia but i don't live in Canada.but i live in the USA and i do go to Sunni Mosque(my muslims) we should united.i mean i 'm Shia but my family(from my mom side) is Sunni i don't see different in that.cuz i'm Muslim and Always gonna muslim!

UTSC :Hijabi: I'm there more than my own university :Hijabi: I know many Shias there (though there are a lot more @ York) but I go there (to chill :P) cuz' most of my highschool friends went there and few to York, and cuz' it's a closer library to study at with friends then going all the way to York which is like 1 hour away, UTSC is like 30 minutes away. I got accepted there but I rejected it :blush:.

ASAK

I am new to this forum. I have recently moved from the indian subcontinent to Buffalo NY. Can you tell me which is the nearest shia masjid and Immambargah in Canada from my place.

Thanks

Wassalam.

:blink: Nearest centre in Canada from America :blink: ...? I don't know.

Man, you should know this, Toronto is only like an hour away from Buffalo.

Anyways, I think I've already posted in this topic a long time ago but forgot. TMA at Ottawa U (formerly MSF) is very active, and although I go to Carleton, I still attend many of the Ottawa U gatherings. Unfortunately the Carleton MSF isn't as active as the one at U of O, there are far fewer members as well, but it's young and it's getting there.

Also, is anyone else getting tired of all this dang snow? It already made me late for one of my exams in December and it's good thing I left early today or else I would have been late for my midterm.

Canada is for sure the top ov di top!!! TDOT !!

What makes Canadians and Torontonians the baddest of them all??

We're more multicultural than anywhere,

We're tolerant,

We're aggresively neutral,

Our national anthem is sung in two languages,

We're good to the earth,

We're easy going,

We have free healthcare,

Al-watan Mithai - The best habshi halwa anywhere

Scarborough,

The finest galz in North America

We have a bit of Europe in Montreal

We have a bit of America everywhere else

Ice Hockey

Wayne Gretzky

Russel Peters

Donovon Bailey

Ben Johnson - dont laugh, Ben was bad, they all take steiroids and Carl Lewis is a Giraffe-looking [Edited]

The Raptors

Toronto FC (Fans and the Team)

The most diverse Shi'a Jama'a in North America

The best Halal restaurants in North America

Maulanas: Baqri, Rizvi, Ahmad Hanif etc....

Zafar Bangash

Shia/Sunni Peace

Not too many extremist pakis (sorry England)

Gerard Street, Malton, Richmond Hill (Tehran North), Pacific Mall, Lawrence East......

Fingers are tired of typing....Any of my other TDOT peoplez wanna continue this???

(salam)

I know it's in the United States man lol, I meant I don't know where it is in the USA location-wise and how far is it. And your signature just gave me a really bad headache man, it made my vision all :wacko:.

what's wrong with that .... just lower your gaze it's lady's picture :!!!:

You better learn some manners, lad. Despite the presence of an admin here, the post has gone unnoticed, huh?

You've been reported.

Ooops, sorry....I get a little excited sometimes. The Ben Johnson affair was an emotional one for me. Wont happen again....I still think Carl Lewis is a punk though.

Canada is for sure the top ov di top!!! TDOT !!

What makes Canadians and Torontonians the baddest of them all??

We're more multicultural than anywhere,

We're tolerant,

We're aggresively neutral,

Our national anthem is sung in two languages,

We're good to the earth,

We're easy going,

We have free healthcare,

Al-watan Mithai - The best habshi halwa anywhere

Scarborough,

The finest galz in North America

We have a bit of Europe in Montreal

We have a bit of America everywhere else

Ice Hockey

Wayne Gretzky

Russel Peters

Donovon Bailey

Ben Johnson - dont laugh, Ben was bad, they all take steiroids and Carl Lewis is a Giraffe-looking [Edited]

The Raptors

Toronto FC (Fans and the Team)

The most diverse Shi'a Jama'a in North America

The best Halal restaurants in North America

Maulanas: Baqri, Rizvi, Ahmad Hanif etc....

Zafar Bangash

Shia/Sunni Peace

Not too many extremist pakis (sorry England)

Gerard Street, Malton, Richmond Hill (Tehran North), Pacific Mall, Lawrence East......

Fingers are tired of typing....Any of my other TDOT peoplez wanna continue this???

(salam)

Having lived there...NOPE to most of the above.