Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Jennah82

Shahada

Rate this topic

http://www.answering-ansar.org/fiqh/kalima...an/en/index.php

brother this is avery interesting article to read

Imam Amir ul Mu'mineen Ali [a] said: "The one who seeks for knowledge is like a warrior in the cause of religion for the way of Allah." Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 1, p. 179
:) Edited by Mary_Poppins

(bismillah)

(salam)

Another question from the brother was:

Imam Ali was a muslim, so did he say the shahada with Aliyyun Waliu Allah? he was about 10 when Islam was introduced. (In other words, its not possible that Aliyyun Waliu Allah was part of the shahada, so it means shahada was changed).

Ws & thanks,

Ur sis.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam Ali was a muslim, so did he say the shahada with Aliyyun Waliu Allah? he was about 10 when Islam was introduced. (In other words, its not possible that Aliyyun Waliu Allah was part of the shahada, so it means shahada was changed).

Ws & thanks,

Ur sis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:P the shahada is only 2 lines

Edited by snake_1987

(bismillah)

At the Prophet's (pbuh) last pilgrimage when everybody was leaving and going back home he called everybody back to him, so hundreds, no THOUSANDS of people walked back in the hot sun for miles to see what the Prophet was calling them for,

the Prophet said "hayallah khairul amal" Come to the The Best deed, that was the event of Ghadir, his hayallah khairul amal was directing people to Imam Ali a.s.

that line was always a part of the adhan during the Prophets time, not long after the demise of the Prophet during the caliphate of Abu Bakr and later Umar they took out that part.... wonder why, take a look into it, its interesting

(bismillah)

(salam)

Ws & thanks,

Ur sis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He did not say Shahada at all. He was born Muslim. Have you ever read a hadith where Prophet Muhammad reads shahadah to "become" Muslim? No, because he was born Muslim.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

shia added ashadu anna aliyan walliul Allah to athan

sunni added salat kheirun minal noum and took out 7ayya 3la kheiril 3ammal.

shia guilty on one count.

sunni guilty on two.

Sheikh Abdullah Maraghi Misri has quoted in his book Al-Salafa fi Amr il-Khilafa as it is written in the magazine Jazeera e Khirah page 271:

“Hadhrath Salman Farsi and Hadhrath Abu Dhar Ghafari both used to declare the Wilayat of Ali (as) in Adhan and Iqamat, someone reported to the Holy Prophet (s) that he had heard the declaration of Wilayat e Ali (as) in Adhan from these two companions. Holy Prophet (s) replied: “Had you not heard me declare in Ghadir e Khum that Ali is the lord of every person whose I am the Lord.””

You see, Prophet (pbuh) approved this so its not bid3aaaaa.

now prayer is better than sleep was added by Omar da caliph. bid3aaaa :P

Sheikh Abdullah Maraghi Misri has quoted in his book Al-Salafa fi Amr il-Khilafa as it is written in the magazine Jazeera e Khirah page 271:

“Hadhrath Salman Farsi and Hadhrath Abu Dhar Ghafari both used to declare the Wilayat of Ali (as) in Adhan and Iqamat, someone reported to the Holy Prophet (s) that he had heard the declaration of Wilayat e Ali (as) in Adhan from these two companions. Holy Prophet (s) replied: “Had you not heard me declare in Ghadir e Khum that Ali is the lord of every person whose I am the Lord.””

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, :o where'd you get a copy of that book?

prayer is also better than eating and using the bathroom. why not say that also?  :!!!:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why not say in adhan " Faitma is master of the ladies" or " Hassan and Hussein are maters of heaven youth"

your are right just because a fact is true, it does not mean we can add it to athan.

Edited by shunni

You see, Prophet (pbuh) approved this so its not bid3aaaaa.

now prayer is better than sleep was added by Omar da caliph. bid3aaaa  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this does not make sense.

if Umar addition " prayer is better then sleep" is bidaaaa, what do you call Salman and Abu Dhar addition?

Why would the prophet approve of a Bidaaaaa?

why wouldn't the prophet take the lead and do it first, as any prophet should and would?

ok i mite be wrong. but i read somewhere that according to ayatullah khoei ur allowed to say the line above in adhan :S

and btw,,, Shahada isnt wajib,, wilayat is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the question is not whether shahada is wajib or not. The question is can you modify a sunna wajib or not?

by the way I never heard that one about Khoei. anybody?

then why not state "prayer is better than work" in the later ones, as I know many who miss prayer, or pray late, due to being busy with work. Where does the bida end once it starts?

if Umar addition " prayer is better then sleep" is bidaaaa, what do you call Salman and Abu Dhar addition?

why wouldn't the prophet take the lead and do it first, as any prophet should and would?

it is not bidaaa because if it was, the Prophet would have forbidden Abu Dharr and Salman Farsi from saying it. the sunnah of the Prophet is anything he practiced himself or anything that he did not forbid. B)

- :D

prayer is also better than eating and using the bathroom. why not say that also?  :!!!:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So I’m assuming from what you’ve stated that going to the toilet and consuming food normally deters you from praying? :wacko: It’s well known and logical that individuals are more likely to miss their morning prayer then any other due to the hold sleep has over the person. By stating "prayer is better then sleep" in the morning prayer a declration has been made expressing ones adoration for prayer rather then sleep.

then why not state "prayer is better than work" in the later ones, as I know many who miss prayer, or pray late, due to being busy with work. Where does the bida end once it starts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to disappoint you but you and your little battalion of comrades who miss prayer or pray late are not an adequate representation of the wider society. Like I said in my initial post the majority of people do tend to find it more difficult to prayer the Morning Prayer rather then any other hence that is a logical explanation for the addition of “Prayer is better then sleep”. Another explanation which could be offered is the context of history when this slogan was integrated to the morning call of prayer, even back then people used it find it difficult to prayer the morning prayer rather then any other because of deep sleep.

this does not make sense.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Err its not bida if the Prophet approved of it...

Other reports indicate that these respected Sahaba did this adhaan in front of the Prophet himself, and he approved...

Another explanation which could be offered is the context of history when this slogan was integrated to the morning call of prayer, even back then people used it find it difficult to prayer the morning prayer rather then any other because of deep sleep.

yeah it was integrated/innovated.. BID3AAAAAAAA :D

Muwatta:

Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that the muadhdhin came to Umar ibn al-Khattab to call him to the subh prayer and found him sleeping, so he said, "Prayer is better than sleep," and Umar ordered him to put that in the adhan for subh.

Mishkat:

It has been reported from Imam Malik that Abdullah ibne Umar said: Once the “Caller for Prayer” (Moazin) came to Umar bin Khattab at the time of morning prayers and found him sleeping. He said “prayer is better than sleep”, Umar bin Khattab ordered the “caller” to add this phrase to the call for morning prayers. Imam Malik recorded this in Muwatta.

Mishkath al Masabeeh, Volume 1, Page 142

Note: The same statement has been quoted in Izalathul Khifa wherein we are also told that Umar actually asked the Moazzin to add the concerned phrase into the Adhan for morning prayers.

Err its not bida if the Prophet approved of it...

Other reports indicate that these respected Sahaba did this adhaan in front of the Prophet himself, and he approved...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Err if you do something that the prophet had asked you to do, or he has not done it himself, then it is Bida already. Bida is haram, and the prophet does not approve any haram.

it is not bidaaa because if it was, the Prophet would have forbidden Abu Dharr and Salman Farsi from saying it. the sunnah of the Prophet is anything he practiced himself or anything that he did not forbid.  B)

- :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dear queen,

what is a difinition of bidaa. A bidaa is when u add something to 3Ebadaat whether Wajib or Musta7ab, before hearing or seeing the prophet doing it or saying it. In Islam Bidaa, any Bidaa is 7aram , a sin. By you'r saying Prophet approved it, you are actually saying the prophet approve of Bidaa. The sunna of the prophet is any that he did or say, not anything that he did not forbid. I dont know where u got this definition from.

From a Sunni site  “Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine…..” (Surah al-Ma’idah, V: 53)

In the above verse, Allah Almighty forbade the meat of all dead animals without differentiating between sea-animals and land-animals. Thus, all sea-animals would also be included in this general prohibition. However, fish has been exempted from this general ruling due to the explicit mention of its permissibility by the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace).

So if the Nabi  (pbuh)  was able to change Allahs rule with Allahs approval of course

How is it possible that the prophet cannot change or add something to his rules ?

(salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what are you talking about? If it was the prophet who added the "third shahada" then there would no argument here. What is been said it was Abu Dhar who added it.

By the way prophet does not addto rules either. everything comes from Allah, even if it is not mentioned in Qura'n.

now you tell me, does Abu Dhar has a right to add things? I dont thing so. Nobody has a right to add things and any addition is bidaa, and any bidaa is haram, and prophet does not approve haram. I thing it is simple.

Edited by shunni

what are you talking about? If it was the prophet who added the "third shahada" then there would no argument here. What is been said it was Abu Dhar who added it.

By the way prophet does not addto rules either. everything comes from Allah, even if it is not mentioned in Qura'n.

now you tell me, does Abu Dhar has a right to add things? I dont thing so. Nobody has a right to add things and any addition is bidaa, and any bidaa is haram, and prophet does not approve haram. I thing it is simple.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do i get that evrybody accepted my argument?

no Abu Dhar does not have a right to add things, however, If the Prophet (pbuh) did not like this addition, then he would have declared it haram and forbidden the companions from saying that in the adhan right then and there. Now Caliph Omar on the other hand, made things haram that were halal in the Prophet's time. Does Omar have the right to add things? ^_^

no Abu Dhar does not have a right to add things, however, If the Prophet (pbuh) did not like this addition, then he would have declared it haram and forbidden the companions from saying that in the adhan right then and there.  Now Caliph Omar on the other hand, made things haram that were halal in the Prophet's time. Does Omar have the right to add things?  ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DEAR QUEEN,

u r missing my argument. Nobody has the right to add anything. If someone did, anyone, then the end product is called Bidaa. So how can the prophet approve something that is declared bidaa even if it sound good.? you see it is already bidaa because it happened without his permission. Bidaa is ahram. prophet connot make Haram Unharam. get it?

It is somewhat like when u slaughter an animal without following halal proc. nobody can make it halal. too late. because it is already haram. get it?

i think U r missing the point. If something wrong is done in front of the Prophet (pbuh) dont u think he would have banned it at once? why would he let something like that slide? ;)