Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shia by nature

Tarawih is actually BID'A.

Rate this topic

Guest Shia by nature

(bismillah) (salam)

The word Tarawih is not mentioned in the Quran and it is a well known fact that the Tarawih, as a congregational night prayer of Ramadan, owes its existence to the order of Umar Bin Al-Khattab.(sunnis' second Caliph)

Narrated Abu Hurayra: Allah's Apostle said,"Whoever prayed at night the whole month of Ramadan out of sincere faith and hoping for reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven".

Ibn Shihab ( a subnarrator) said, "When Allah's Apostle died, the people continued observing that (i.e. Nawafil offered individually, not in congregation), and it remained as such during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr and in the early days of Umar's Caliphate."

Abdur Rahman bin Abdul Qari said, "I went out in the company of Umar bin Al-Khattab one night in Ramadan to the mosque and founf the people praying in different groups- a man praying alone or a man praying with a lottle group behind him. Then Umar said, "In my opinion I would better collect these (people) under the leadership of one Qari(reciter) [i.e. let them pray in congregation]". So, he made up his mind to congregate them behind Ubayy bin Ka'b. Then, on another night, I went again in his company and the people were praying behind their reciter. On that Umar remarked, "What an excellent BID'A (INNOVATION in religion) this is; but the prayer which they do not perform, but rather sleep at its time, is better than the one they are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part of the night". - Sahi al bukhari, volume 3, book 32 number 227

"It was called BID'AH because the prophet (saw) did not use to pray it in congregation, and neither was it prayed like that in the time of al-siddiq (sunnis first caliph), nor in the early part of night or with these number of units." - al-Qastallani, Irshad al-sari sharh sahi al bukhari, volume 5, page 4 & al-Nawawi, Sharh sahih Muslim, volume 6, page 287

my oh my,,,,,

ali

^^

Taraweeh is the prayer which Ahe Sunnah pray in congregation after Isha Prayer in the holy month of Ramazan. They complete recitation of the whole Quran atleast once in this prayer during the whole month. Rakat of Taraweeh is not fixed in them.

Taraweeh is bidah because of the following reasons:

(1) It was never offered by Prophet Muhammad in the whole month of Ramazan.

(2) The holy prophet never offered this prayer after the Isha Prayer.

(3) It was never offered in the designated location of the mosque.

(4) Prophet disliked those people who called them for the prayer which he offered for three days in the last part of night before dawn.

(5) Abu Bakar who was authority for Ahle Sunnah, never offered Taraweeh in his life.

(6) Umar ordered to prayer, but never offered the Taraweeh prayer himself in his life.

(7) Umar did not ordered the Taraweeh prayer in his early years of Khalafa. it was 17th year of his khalafa.

(8) Umar never gave the reason of Fear while ordering Taraweeh prayer. He was simply passing by and saw people prayer without a group and than ordered them to pray in congregation. which is not a hujat for muslimeen

(9) Alhe Bait and their imams never offered taraweeh prayer in their life.

(10) Ali and Hassan (AS) condemned this act in Kufa when it was their khalfat time.

(11) Taraweeh prayer is not proved from Sahah Sita books.

i thnk tarawih is nice. the whole concept of it is cool, reading nafild prayers and go through all the surahs in qurran. amazing..

but yea, there is no real sahih hadith saying this is allowed. so it is a bidah.

however, why are shias sooooo much against this? let sunnis do what theywant with thiss sometimes im even temopted todo this cuz its wicked. but i know it wont get acepted you cant read nafil prayers in jamaat. :(

but got a quick questions. is there a shia mujtehid out there that says nafil prayers can be read in jamaat?

(bismillah) (salam)

but got a quick questions. is there a shia mujtehid out there that says nafil prayers can be read in jamaat?

Of course, we cannot read nafila prayers jamaat. Remember that ay innovation to faith is haram. So If you were to perform an innovation which is not from Quran and Sunna and then attribute it to Islam, you would be performing a very bad deed. Opinion is religion is not permissible. Full stop.

(bismillah)  (salam)

Of course, we cannot read nafila prayers jamaat. Remember that ay innovation to faith is haram. So If you were to perform an innovation which is not from Quran and Sunna and then attribute it to Islam, you would be performing a very bad deed. Opinion is religion is not permissible. Full stop.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think its not a matter of FAITH. It a practice. we can say its an innovation in Practice. isnt it ?

innovation in practice to get closer to Allah swt.. is this really really bad or not? plz someone tell me.

just think abt it..

shia do matam in jamaat? lolz

this in itself is a bidah

and sunnis to nafil prayer in jamaat

this also is a bidah even according to umar.

but when you really think abt it? which one has more weight and being more worthy?

i thnk tarawih is nice. the whole concept of it is cool, reading nafild prayers and go through all the surahs in qurran. amazing..

but yea, there is no real sahih hadith saying this is allowed. so it is a bidah.

however, why are shias sooooo much against this? let sunnis do what theywant with thiss sometimes im even temopted todo this cuz its wicked. but i know it wont get acepted you cant read nafil prayers in jamaat. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had this innovation been done by shias, wahabis would have long ago called them zindeeq

innovation in practice to get closer to Allah swt.. is this really really bad or not? plz someone tell me.

just think abt it..

shia do matam in jamaat? lolz

this in itself is a bidah

and sunnis to nafil prayer in jamaat

this also is a bidah even according to umar.

but when you really think abt it? which one has more weight and being more worthy?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you add a right thing to religion, it is innovation.

We do matam but donot believe its part of religion, we say it is mustahab. But as for taraweeh, they do something which is wrong i.e. praying in jamaat. Without it, it would have been fine.

If you add a right thing to religion, it is innovation.

We do matam but donot believe its part of religion, we say it is mustahab. But as for taraweeh, they do something which is wrong i.e. praying in jamaat. Without it, it would have been fine.

but they dont say its wajib. they say its mustahab

adding a thing is different thing – for example loud speakers, Quran in CDs - printing press etc.

changing the status of a thing is different

for example :

If somebody make fard (furz) Namaz Nafal its bidah

If somebody make Nafal Namaz -- farz its bidah

if somebody restrict people to pray farz namaz at home and not in congregation in most bidah

if somebody make a mustahab Matam -- Fard, then its bidah.

Similarly if somebody ask people to pray nafal namaz (salah) in the mosque in congregation. its bidah..

if somebody make 60 days fasting fard.. its bidah.. or make them less or change their status from furd to sunnah or mustahab its biddah..

no innovation will help you to get closer to Allah.. whether it looks positive or negative

Even if they call it mustahab, they pray in jamaat, which is wrong. Because mustahab prayers cannot be prayed in jamaat

yea thats according to shia not sunni..

so challenge to sunnis? have you go sahih hadith saying nafil prayers CAN be read in jamaat?

The Prophet (s) said: “O people! Perform your prayers at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is what he performs at his home, except the compulsory (congregational) prayer." [sahih al-Bukhari, volume 9, book 92, number 393][al-Nasa’i, Sunan, volume 3, p. 161, p. 198]

Once Abdullah bin Mas’ud asked the Prophet (s): “Which is better; to pray in my house or in the mosque?” The Prophet (s) replied: “Do you not see how near to the mosque my house is? To pray in my house is more beloved to me than to pray in the mosque except for the obligatory prayers.” [ibn Majah, Sunan, volume 1, page 439, number 1378]

Narrated Zayd bin Thabit: Allah's Apostle (s) made a small room (with a palm leaf mat). He (s) came out (of his house) and prayed in it. Some men came and joined him in his prayer. Then again the next night they came for the prayer, but the Prophet (s) delayed and did not come out to them. So they raised their voices and knocked the door with small stones (to draw his attention). He came out to them in a state of anger, saying, “You are still insisting (on your deed) that I fear this prayer might become obligatory on you. So, O you people! offer this prayer at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is the one which he offers at home, except the compulsory (congregational) prayer.” [sahih al-Bukhari, volume 8, book 73, number 134]

Edited by Aliya

yea but that dont mean, reading nafil in jamaat isnt allowed.

from the hadith i can see its MORE MUSTAHAB to read it on your own.

well thats how sunnis must interprete it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Taraweeh is Bidah in another sense also :

If you read the same Hadith in which Umar named it an excellent Bidah..He said the prayer (taraweeh) which you are offering now (in the first part of night) is not better then the prayer which you should offer in the last part of night.

but the prayer which they do not perform, but rather sleep at its time, is better than the one they are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part of the night".

mera signature dekhain yeh kiay hai?

bidaat or etc.

matam is not an innovation, because the Prophet (pbuh) foretold the tragedy of karbala and did not forbid others from mourning during his lifetime. :Hijabi:

Dilwalla,

Even if Matam is Biddah, but still this will not change the status of TARAWIH from Innovation of Dhalalah into Sunnah.

Brother Syed, one of biggest reason of Tarawih being Innovation is the fact that:

- They reffer Tarawih towards Rasool Allah (saw) that it is a Sunnah and Rasool offered it 3 Nights.

While this is a white lie upon Rasool Allah (saw), as it is Absolutely not a Sunnah, as Rasool (saw) prayed TAHAJJUD Salat ( and not any Salah after Isha Prayer)

- Secondly, Allah made it very clear in Quran to Rasool Allah (saw) that TAHAJJUD prayer is OBLIGATORY upon you, and this extra duty is only for you and not upon Ummah.

Therefore, when Rasool Allah (saw) offered Tahajjud, it was with NIYYAH of "WAJIB QURBATAN ILIL Allah". And when Sahaba joined before him, they would have followed the same NIYYAH. And I believe, only therefore Rasool (saw) told them that he fears that Tahajjud may become obligatory upon them too.

The Fatwas of 4 Imams about Jama'at for Tarawih

- Thirdly, see the Bidah of Sunni Imams about Tarawih

Hanafi fiq'h:

According to Hanafi Fiq'h, it is Sunnat-e-Kafaya i.e. if some people offer it by Jama'at then the Jama'at does not remain compulsory for all.

They are declaring such a thing to be Sunnat-e-Kafayat, which is not even a SIMPLE Sunnah of Rasool (saw) (i.e. Rasool (saw) never prayed any 20 or 8 Rakah Salah after Isha Prayer).

Shafai and Hambali Fiq'h:

They declare the Jama'at an Obligatory Sunnah for all.

My Comments: They have also declared it Sunnat-e-Muwakkidah, only and only due to disease of Sahaba Worship.

Maliki Fiq'h:

They consider the Jama'at as Mustahab i.e. better but not an obligatory Sunnah.

So brother Syed, you can see for yourself that these Sunni Imams are not entitiled to declare any thing to be SUNNAT -e- Muwakkidah, or Kifayyah etc. in ISLAMIC SHARIA.

Hope this helps.

Was Salam.

matam is not an innovation, because the Prophet  foretold the tragedy of karbala and did not forbid others from mourning during his lifetime.

ok let me rephrase this cuz matam means mourning.

self flagelation in groups with intention... thats a bidah and a half, no denying that.

and even shia mujtehids saying its mustahab to do this and also some ,i think its ayatullah shirazi (i think) saying its wajib, but i do kno thhat alot of pakistani ones saying it wajib too..

so sis zainabia?

now we can see both are bidah. which one is better to do?

ok let me rephrase this cuz matam means mourning.

self flagelation in groups with intention... thats a bidah and a half, no denying that.

and even shia mujtehids saying its mustahab to do this and also some ,i think its ayatullah shirazi (i think) saying its wajib, but i do kno thhat alot of pakistani ones saying it wajib too..

so sis zainabia?

now we can see both are bidah. which one is better to do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

matam bidah, howcome? what do you have to back your fatwa?

Ali and Hassan (as) condemned this act in Kufa when it was their khalfat time
its proven then...

this is rich... and you still claim it's not bidah?

However, the companions kept offering it individually (Ease upon the ummah was always kept in mind). This continued during the caliphate of Abu Bakr (r.a.a.)  but Hadrath Umar (r.a.a.) did not like the offering of  Taraawee'h individually so he reinstated the congregational Taraawee'h.

Ghair Mukhallideen raise an objection to this act of Hadrath Umar (r.a.a.) while Raafidhites are in dispute with it.

However, we need not care about their notions because Hadrath Umar (r.a.a.) gathered all the companions and his decision was based on their unanimous opinion. Therefore, it makes no sense to raise objections or rebuke this action of Hadrath Umar (r.a.a.).

Moreover the holy prophet (s.a.w.) had said,

< ta'htaawi page 224 >

i.e. after me there will be some innovations, and I like those innovated by Umar. You should necessarily adhere to them (dutifully).

just because the article says you shouldn't care that it's bidah, it's not denying that it IS bidah :wacko:

(bismillah)

For information purposes only

http://tarawih.jeeran.com/English/English1.htm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Use google.com and search for the keyword Taraweeh, tarawih, taravi, taravih you will lot more links.

I have some other keywords if you want but that links does not make Taraweeh a Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). It is bidah since the day it was innovated by Umar.

if anything the link reinforces the view that it IS a bidah of Umar, it just tells you not to care... that's sort of brainwashing isn't it? urging people to overcome their common sense

matam bidah, howcome? what do you have to back your fatwa?

the entire islamic history is my fatwah.. Ders not even one hadith saying that there were groups of ppl doing matam with self flagelation in groups with intent...

(salam)

the entire islamic history is my fatwah.. Ders not even one hadith saying that there were groups of ppl doing matam with self flagelation in groups with intent...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shi3a usulies don't believe in bida3.. bida3 is a wahabi bida3 :).. there is nothing in the Quran saying the matam in a group is forbidden.. so I guess thats why the marajas don't speak against it.

Wassalaam (Peace be upon you)

actually there are tons of hadith saying its haraam... but none that it is halal.

well, quote a few...

quran doesnt say,how to read nemaz, does that mean i dont have to?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but it says to pray namaz